[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ABARA T.E.S.T..jpg (90 KB, 785x708)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Soooo, they dropped.
And better PO the pwo-pack, as it comes with a lot of extras for both of them: weapons and hands it seems.

Dunno, but POed the 2-pack immediately.|

Whatcha you thinking?

Btw,. T.E.S.T. is a company made by Tsutomu Nihei and ex-employees of 1000toys and Sentinel, who were pissed of at Sentinel turning the line into licensed series of figures, no place for collabs with artists like it used to be before.
>>
File: FIGURE-170599_10[1].jpg (41 KB, 533x800)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Finally, some good fucking food
>>
File: FIGURE-170599_17[1].jpg (46 KB, 533x800)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>
>>11005285
what are these things supposed to be? some ninjas or what
>>
almost 200 bucks for both. Thats crazy expensive for figures with barely any paint on it. Then again shf berserk armor is the same slop and even more expensive...and these do look better
>>
File: 1000toys_Zoichi.jpg (90 KB, 1404x1368)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>11005285
Zoichi fucking when?
>>
>>11005291
Read manga "Abara". It's short.

These two are the main protagonists in their battle forms.
>>
>>11005292
Their production process also likely isn't as streamlined due to being a smaller company, so they probably have more costs to recoup. Still PO'd, since I really want to see more from these guys.
>>
>>11005285
>>11005288
>>11005289
Holy fuark 1000Toys I FUCKING kneel
>>
>>11005293
Guess it depends on how Abara figures will perform.
>>
>>11005307
It's from T.E.S.T - Tokyo East Side Toys.

1000toys is now a licensed line, doing mainstream shit, not the artist-made gems. A western-oriented subbranch of Sentinel, nothing more.
>>
File: Ami Abara.jpg (62 KB, 1418x564)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>11005310
196 on AmiAmi and other japanese sites

don't pay the retard toll to BBTS
>>
>>11005293
I need it.
>>
File: stuff.png (442 KB, 995x1400)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>11005291
>>11005300
Good luck
>>
File: Capture.png (649 KB, 1542x911)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
>>11005312
Slightly better price on HLJ
>>
>>11005285
That's cool, I didn't know Nihei was directly involved. Was he partnered with 1000Toys prior to the split?
>>
>>11005285
>September 2024
nice
>>
File: FoulUu9XwAAadVY.jpg (91 KB, 900x1200)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>11005307
>>11005311
Yeah now they just make dog shit like Chucky and Back to the Future nendos, and a bunch of Halo crap
>>
File: -XEs7OSwy0Q[1].jpg (927 KB, 2560x1611)
927 KB
927 KB JPG
>>11005285
Shit, HLJ made a better edit.
>>
>>11005285
>>11005288
>>11005289
>Monocolor
>Not much detail in the paint
>Very few accessories
>15k yen

Not wowing me. They should have kept going on Aposimz or made new Synths instead.
>>
>>
File: 486076-IMG-5628.jpg (260 KB, 1080x1080)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>
File: 486081-IMG-6851.jpg (327 KB, 1080x1080)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>
>>11005401
It's accurate, yeah
Pricey, yeaaah

But I want to support T.E.S.T.
I want to see more quality niche stuff made
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>11005402
These are prototypes, but though it'd be good to see the detail in normal lighting.
>>
>>11005409
To be honest, for designs like these, they don't need complex paint. They just need to nail the finish and have a nice textured sculpt, and that will do 95% of the walking for them. Even the level shown in this pic here would be more than enough for me, the gloss is bringing out all the little bumps and wrinkles in the sculpt.
>>
>>11005406
>>11005409
These just look like someone just hosed them with black paint-primer.
>>
>>11005401
>>11005407
Same, hoping that the Kanoe fig will have some synth stuff with him, maybe some Knights of Sidonia releases in the future. I feel like Abara wasn't the best choice, but I still like the designs.
>>
>>11005285
>>11005288
>>11005289
These things are going to look like indistinct blobs of black in most displays. There had to be a way to make them look less flat.
>>
>>11006592
It's weird because the same designer did Killy who has some rich shading and subtle bright details like the silver and purple parts.
>>
Pretty sad state of things that these guys are about 2x the price of Etherow. Demand is lower for sure but so was the license fees I bet. You kind of have to ask is it worth exploring such niche characters in the first place. I forget if this is carryover from before the companies split and/or restructured but maybe a different approach is needed.
>>
File: 11083327b.jpg (164 KB, 637x648)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>11006722
For example you can get a similar looking and poseable (needs assembly but still) figure for 1/7 the price. And it has more paint lol So I don't know, do a flashier IP or do appealing originals?
>>
>>11006722
It seems it's about keeping the Sentinel level of quality and gaining some profit.
Plus, you forget about japanese Yen deteriorating. One needs to look at USD pricing.
Etherow was 78 bucks with the exclusive head. This duo costs 28k yen at HLJ = 178 USD. Divide by two, you get 89.
So price per unit is higher by 11 bucks, but that's it.

If you get 2-pack, you get more accessories, 2 weapons for each figure.
Good deal to me.

We won't be getting Abara figures, except these ones. Too niche of a franchise.
>>
>>11006778
>One needs to look at USD pricing.
Not a burger so not sure why, but okay. I did look at HLJ prices and calculate according to rates at the time. Etherow is about 66.6 USD and one of the Abara about 91.7 at the discount prices, 69.4 and 95.6 without. Either way that's about 38% increase. Not double at all but still bigger than your numbers. Now if this is better or worse for 6 years than other places I'm not sure. Quick check with Kaiyodo's numbers and it seems similar but one is Marvel IP where as these figures are figuarts style engineering and thus is more costly. Comparing with Bandai is pointless.
>>
>>11006646
I think it's more of a design characteristic. Look up the art Gaunas are always vanta blackish or a little glossing. So the gloss finish is all the figure needs.

>>11006592
Just light up the display and gloss&reflections will do it's job.
>>
>>11006727
I've seen this line around and got the 3rd set ordered, is there an lore behind them or anything?
>>
>>11006785
You compared to the regular edition.
The exclusive Etherow (78 USD) is more fair to compare, as two-pack is pretty much an exclusive/DX release. It's understandable why DX 2-pack has more value: they sell more product, gain more funds to make even better product. And this is why single release isn't the same amount lower in terms of price as the prior releases. They don't really want you to buy singles. Plus, they lost connections and the whole Sentinel production chain. Increase wasn't even a question here.

Plus, supporting Nihei and the initial 1000toys crew feels right to me.

It seems they will make the amount to satiate the orders and that's it. No binning excess stock, only units per preorders, son that retailer would be more eager to work with them, reputation and so on.
So think for yourself. I personally don't want to hunt it down after release, like I had to do with exclusive Synths or Hellboy.
>>
>>11006810
Yes lots of lore, sort of. The creator Yoshi intends to make a game out of these guys. Each box comes with some art and text explaining the world. And the guy has more characters made already as garage kits for years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-uA9M7Rkn4

video made to promote one of the sets and a song released.
>>
>>11006816
It's not exclusive if you can buy them at multiple places. You make up your own rules I just use one site and then the relative USD prices to make you happy lol. Japanese company mainly selling to Japan so Yen seems fair to me. The two pack divided by two the difference in calculation for me is 400 yen for discounted price so whatever.

Regardless point being it's rough state of things and this feels like they powered through just because they already put too much work into it. Again I forget if the TEST thing happened before or after they started working on Abara specifically.
>>
>>11006827
>>11006785
>>11006722

bruh, bitch about the price how much you want
i waited for this for 4 damn years
not even speaking about the expectations on other nihei merch after killy dropped
>>
>>11006833
I'm more worried the company will go under if they stay on this path. Like if they want to keep the Nihei IPs maybe ditch the higher engineering standards and go with figma/revoltech style construction. They were doing big single hinges for the knees before anyways. Female Synth was more of a PVC with single joints type of action figure too.

I think trying to do Bandai but as a small company and then with niche of niche properties is a bad combination.
>>
>>11006841
maybe
for now hoping they are just gaining momentum for further activity
look up their stuff on Ami or HLJ, they do other things like statueshit
wonder who has the rights for male synths
and what they are gonna do with em
>>
>>11006856
Oh yeah totally forgot they started doing statues. Yeah good source of cash there.
>>
>>11006863
wonder when biomega zoichi and bike get out on preorder
maybe in the aftermath of abara figures sales

and gosh i hope for that big railgun (one that shoots down rockets), pistol and other weapons
plus a hologram of his bike ai-companion
>>
>>11007107
If you're cool with 30,000 yen set then sure. They should have the bike as a kit like figma does time to time, not charge us with assembly work of the bike at least.
>>
>>11007184
not fond of kits, they use too cheap of a plastic usually
complete model seems to be a better solution
>>
>>11007184
God pls no I still haven't build the death stranding one and the next is already coming in september. Just... give me regular bike I pay up
>>
>>11007269
I remember Sentinel making a complete bike for Persona 5. So chances are high, cause TEST is ex1000toys/Sentinel people.
>>
>>11006727
Redditors be like:
>>
>>11007184
>have the bike as a kit like figma does
lol fuck no
>>
File: 1713308803895101.jpg (538 KB, 2078x2373)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
>>11006592
They do have a wash.
>>
>>11007580
>need to be 3 inches away to see it
>>
>>11007580
>>11007655
shit photographs horribly.
As with most things, they undoubtedly look better in person.
>>
>>11006817
this looks like warframe but shit
>>
>>11007895
I put off getting the Killy for years because I didn't think his anime design was that great and he looked kinda gummy/bland in photos. Easily one of my favorite figures hands down now.
>>
>>11006727
Tsumigibako are stylish and the affordable price is nice but the final figure ends up not really being able to support itself. The feet especially are not a good design and fail the rest of the figure. The swords in 2 pieces have a weak connection and result in an arm too heavy to support. At least that was my experience with the 3rd assortment. Also very much not comparable, these T.E.S.T. figures are expensive but they'll feel a lot better to play with and pose if any 1000Toys is anything to go by.
>>
>>11008113
Aposimz guy from 1000toys also has issue with standing. Hope that won’t be the case for this black bones duo.
>>
>>11008258
>Aposimz guy from 1000toys
True, but he likewise has some weird feet, like the Tsumigibako characters. Give them regular flat feet and I'm sure they'll be fine. These guys look sturdy.
>>
>>11005285
>Dunno, but POed the 2-pack immediately.|
I just did the same at HLJ. The way prices are going it isn't thaaaat much. I'll check out the series and if I like it I'll probably keep it, might still if I don't because the designs are cool.
>>
>>11008113
The joints I noticed there is inconsistency in hinge strength. Since you are the one assembling the figure you an make sure the arms get the stronger joints for weapons. And you know it's like a model kit you are free to improve upon. The feet on Vol 3 is probably the best but I find the toe articulation unnecessary and it's just soft plastic inserted into soft plastic. Not really tight hinge so I might just glue it solid. But feet shape I'm not sure how more stable you can get. It's 5 points spread apart it's better than regular human shape foot already. Anyways of course the SHF style figure is better but is it 7 times better? Is all I'm saying. Taking advantage of "true fans" can have a bad image.
>>
>Abara action figures
I am flabbergasted. That’s super cool.
>>
>>11008352
I glued the feet. The toes are useless. It's just a matter of the strength of the joints and the weight of the PVC, it makes balancing it tricky. And finally the shoulder piece is the absolute worse part of it, trying to move it at all and it falls out. I'm thinking of gluing that down too.

Your point about the value, well that's up to the purchaser. Is a Flame Toys Optimus worth 5 times more than a transforming MP Optimus? Is a complete figure version of a figure worth 2-3x more than their model kit counterpart? Or what about a high-end statue vs an action figure of the same character. Everyone looks for what they find important in their collectibles and as long as they're willing to pay the price then that's how it goes.

For specifically these, Abara is pretty niche, and these are high-end figures, so they probably won't be making all that many. Probably enough to fill preorders and whatever else stores want to order, so a handful of extra units per store. It's practically apples to oranges, but let's compare these to the SHF HoP Guts. He retails for 13k yen, vs these 14-15k yen (depending on 2-pack, where you buy them, etc), but I can guarantee you that Bandai is making a whole lot more of Guts than TEST will be of these two. Development costs aside and strictly manufacturing, the Abara figures will cost more because of that smaller quantity (and probably being a smaller customer than Bandai). So that 1-2k difference isn't that much. Guts is a pricey one, so him aside, prices are shooting up for everything, the average SHF is probably at least 7-8k yen now, average Figma 8-9k, etc. All things considered, these are definitely pricey, but I wouldn't call it "taking advantage", more like they want to make the best versions of these they can but still want to make money. I could be way off, but that's how I see it.
>>
>>11005285
Based on the pictures, Nayuta's 'hair' is just static, right? Idk how possible it'd be if they were jointed or rubber and wired, but it'd be nice if they were poseable in some way.
>>
>>11008386
Most likely they are connected by a balljoint to the head, the way all ponytails on high-end figures are made.
>>
>>11008378
The shoulder armors? Yeah I adjust with heat, using thin PVC ball joint is useless I wish they used hard plastic double ball joints or something there.

Guts as an example, well the big factor to consider is the cost of the IP itself. Berserk is way more popular and so more money is going into paying that license (and figure comes with more stuff too) so you know ignoring the distribution power of Bandai it's not really fair to compare just for the same price and probably cost of manufacturing per figure. I get the lower number of figures but these guys are very bare bones without the 2 pack bonus parts. With almost no paint the equivalent for Bandai is like their later Body-Kun/Chan plus what little fees Nihei asks for the license. It can't be that much. Their strategy of hey the fans will pay anything for a decent figure because only we will do it is the kind of thing anons hate about PAKs and figma. And this is even more niche than their stuff for sure. Them making better figures and adding even more to the price is a gamble. I think they are walking on thin ice.

BTW, love my Changerion. But at least that one is more involved as a figure. Probably higher licensing fee...? We get a fish!
>>
>>11008444
You have zero idea on how to make a product, a complex product even.
It's much more complicated and problematic than just mold, paint, slap together, package and ship.

They are literally doing first stuff without all established resources of Sentinel.
You won't get these characters in any way in a looong time, unless you 3dprint statueshit of em.
Buy or pass, complaining about fairness won't help.
Life is kinda unfare, plus no one forces you to buy it. Just make a decision you won't regret.
>>
File: Zoichi's future.jpg (10 KB, 512x92)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>11005285
So, about the BIOMEGA ZOICHI and his BIKE

I dug the Insta of TEST head and found this:

Rando: "the zoichi head sculpt post is gone, i hope he isn't canceled?"
Reply of sakichooboy: "If ABARA sells well, the next step is Biomega. He has a motorcycle and the mold is expensive."

So, anons, you can influence the future of the line.
If you wanna get more early, fully original 1000toys stuff and Nihei designs, support the sales.

I advise getting the 2-pack from HLJ, the lowest price right now.
>>
>>11008461
Not spending $100+ on something I don't want just for the chance to spend $200 on something I do want.

Hell I don't even want the Bike with the Biomega figure, just give me the dude.
>>
>>11008471
Bike is the figure and the dude is the accessory really.

>>11008458
Told you, thin ice >>11008461
>>
>>11008444
The value is clearly in the 2-pack. Anyone even remotely interested in these shouldn't even consider the individual figures, even if they just want one, they could sell off the other with the bonus parts and end up saving money vs the single release and end up with a better version. These definitely/will have paint and comparing them to a literal blank figure is incredibly disingenuous. I get that they're pricey, but even if overpriced I don't think to such an absurd extent. I understand if anyone is priced out, I remember when 1000toys were something like 6k yen and I thought that was too much. At the end of the day these are luxury goods, and if we want them we have to pay for them.
>>
So are guys sort of of like prototype where they can shapeshift their bodies into weapons? If so that's pretty cool.
>>
File: IMG_20240228_171545.jpg (1.19 MB, 1285x1724)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>11008477
1000toys AND TEST aren't as good as they used to be imo. 1000toys is overcharging and under delivering on Halo Reach digs, and this just looks visually bland as hell due to the monotone paint. I expect they will look glossy black just like Etherow turned out glossy red(but at least he had more details).

Got my eye on SexyIce to come out of the gates and be what this company USED to be.
>>
>>11008678
The Ronin Warrior figures are still great.
>>
>>11006727
Vtoys makes some nice stuff too.
>>
>>11008678
That's the most Yamaguchi-looking posing I've seen from someone other than Yamaguchi. Hope they can stick the landing.
>>
>>11006727
I do think these look cool, and it's commendable how much bang they give you for your buck, really a testament to how much you can get done with a set amount of plastic and pricepoint.

HOWEVER...I mostly did not have a good time with these (and I bought several waves). They were not too stable and the joints got loose easily, so it de-incentivized me to pick them up and play with them. They are relatively cheap gacha figures at the end of the day. They make cool looking shelf fodder, but no advanced engineering is used here, they are all very simple swivel hinge connections, and the figures do not have the stability to be fun toys.
>>
i'll continue being a paypig until we get a sanakan one day
>>
>>11008678
>and be what this company USED to be.
That's just silly. 1000Toys was about great sculpt with clean and functional articulation. They pretty much nailed it on the first go with their Synths, but the rest wasn't quite as perfect. What SexyIce seems to be going for is a pseudo AY figure, mimmicking Yamaguchi's style and aesthetic while implementing their own twist on getting there (like double joints on the knees of these soldiers). I guess my point is you're trying to twist this to be about 1000Toys but it really isn't. Not to mention, their Halo figures have nothing to do with these TEST figures, and at this point these are two completely separate companies.

I do think the SexyIce stuff looks cool, but if you think these are overpriced, what about their mantis? Since price seems to have been your primary issue, I'd have to think you have an issue with that one too, especially for what you get. For anyone that doesn't know, the price of the 2-pack is 28k yen, while the mantis girl is 19.7k there.

All this aside, you keep bringing up comparisons to other companies in what's supposed to be a TEST/Abara thread, and I don't really get the point. All your comparisons have been apples to oranges, and it'd be like saying that the t-shirt you can buy at Walmart is cheaper than the one you can get at some designer store. Even weirder when you say you're wanting to support a company with an even more expensive product.
>>
>>11008942
>What SexyIce seems to be going for is a pseudo AY figure, mimmicking Yamaguchi's style and aesthetic while implementing their own twist on getting there (like double joints on the knees of these soldiers).
So much nicer looking than ugly knee spikes that break up the curves.
>>
>>11005371
Have the prototypes been posed up at all? The solicitation pics are showing some pretty uninspired posing which has got me wondering if there are any limitations I'm not seeing. I've no interest in these if the articulation isn't great.
>>
>>11008942
Mantis is only $75-$115 at other stores like BBTS, or Gundammit. It's not a Japanese toy so Japanese store don't have the best prices for it.
https://gundamit.com/sexy-ice-b0127-mantis-action-figure_p4113.html

Also she does come with more stuff than these ones too, along with having a much more detailed paint-job. The reason I brought it up is because this company seems like that "niche" import toy-maker that makes cool stuff like 1000toys used to be before they got greedy and also had a split with TEST. This is TEST's first real step on their own and imo, it's not looking that impressive.
>>
New cheapest spot to get these guys, at Anime Export. I don't believe there's any canceling here, so make sure you're willing to commit to the purchase before ordering.
>>
>>11009086
>I don't believe there's any canceling here
Just checked:

3. Cancelling an order

We accept order cancellation for preorder items for free before the deadline date.

After the preorder deadline but before the release of the product, we will refund 80% of the price.

After the release of the product we will not accept order cancellation.
>>
>>11008477
>comparing them to a literal blank figure is incredibly disingenuous
Covering the whole figure with one paint and or wash isn't that hard or expensive to do. Sorry I can't find a valid comparison for you, other places don't sell such minimalist figure at high prices or high quality, they tend to do more.

>>11008942
>All your comparisons
Multiple anons have shipped in, I only talked of Tsumugibako and then Body-Kun. Talking about other places is always valid to point out if something sketchy is going on. These are all action figures made in the same type of factories in China with same materials. Well not all the way for incomplete models. It's not apples and oranges, more like different brands of apples. Some can be made for premium but then we can ask if the apple is worth being that price just because it's rare? Like what if it doesn't taste that great you know.
>>
>>11009094
I don't get the thought that you think something is sketchy. Something lots of people tend to forget that it isn't just the manufacturing that affects costs (otherwise they could sell you high end figures for something like 20 dollars/unit and still profit), there's also development costs. For example, the current talk of the Figuarts thread is that SS 100 costs 9k yen for a pretty barebones release. The thing about SS has always been the complex way they develop the figure, working through a clay model, starting from a skeleton, etc. Do we know exactly why these are so pricey? No, but there are probably various factors contributing to it. And to what degree are they profiting compared to other companies and their high-end figures? Again, we can't say.

As was said, the price is what it is, buy it or don't, it isn't that big a deal. There are countless figures that get announced and released that we skip for one reason or another, let these two just be one more if you don't want to pay the price. Price just doesn't seem like a topic worth discussing, especially with how it's been trending. It's like comparing SHMA to Hiya, it really just is what it is, buy the one you prefer, or neither.
>>
>>11009108
>complex way they develop the figure, working through a clay model, starting from a skeleton, etc
Do they even do that anymore? Sure for the very first model but after that even the standard Figuarts have a very similar frame anyways. They do the 3D scan and stuff probably but no way they do the name sake skeleton thing every single time. If so they are a bunch of morons wasting company money. SS SHF are pricey because people pay for it. But usually they have valid reason like all the tiny pain apps for the belts and gear. That does add up. Better QC too which creates more waste.

Typically I assume the development costs are smaller if the company is smaller, less people's time is involved. I'm not buying for sure but fear many are in the same boat. I get their situation but if I were them I wouldn't be risking so much like this, price point seems like desperation, but I assume they actually have nothing to put out and no money to make anything new. It feels like their pride let's say is preventing them to compromise.
>>
>>11009008
Oh wait, this cool new Yamaguchi-esque line is being made by these fuckers? The ones who don't know how to run a business right? Well shit.
>>
>>11009136
>I assume
a lot
>>
>>11009177
Elaborate, please?

Never heard of that before.
>>
File: R.jpg (279 KB, 1400x1958)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>no alt heads to show off the people under the helmet
For that price I kind of expected it. I can appreciate them making a new company because Sentinel became massive fucking cunts but would it have cost that much more? Like in terms of passing the costs down to us as collectors. I'd of gladly paid a bit more to have the option.

So i'm kind of on the fence. I'm the kind of person who will gladly pay $130-150+ for an action figure if it comes with enough stuff to help justify the price. But when it's just the figure by itself and it costs $100...that's rough dude.
>>
>>11010310
It isn't that dramatically barebones, to be honest. 3 pairs of hands, 2 big weapons for each figure (perhaps stands as well).
Each figure in the two pack, if you buy from HLJ, will cost you around 89 USD.
The sculpt is immensely complex and has paint to define it and definitely possesses a good range of articulation.
The figures themselves are what justifies the price.

I suggest biting the bullet, in any outcome these will become rare and pricy, like Killy did. The product quantity will be limited to avoid shelfwarming.

And yeah, remember the prices and absolute barebones of 1000toys' (but really, Sentinel's) Noble team? Abara figures don't come even close to this level of chutzpah and insolence.
>>
File: emo blame.png (1.8 MB, 958x1283)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>11010404
>rare and pricy, like Killy did.
>only going for 2x its price
Meh, i've paid more for american childrens toys.

>dramatically barebones
For $80 and what other companies offer? That's definitely barebones.
You have to be a big fan to pay up, just like with Killy
>>
>>11010427

How has the initial 65 bucks (in fact even lower, preordered mine back in the day for 50) and the current price of 200 and more, up to 300 become just "2x"? Looks like another case of mental gymnastics to "prove" something.

And you most definitely can infinitely brag about how violated you feel about the "value", lol. It's kind of a subjective matter. Those who buy, will buy. Those who won't, will most likely regret, as usual.
>>
>>11010404
I'm probably going to still get it as a big fan. Just a bit disappointed because doubtful they'll go back and give us more accessories later. Seems like a one time opportunity thing so they should have went all in on it. I had similar feelings with Killy and ended up enjoying him but he was a cheaper purchase then these two.
>>
>>11010310
The alt heads do make sense, as both characters while armored did appear with their human heads revealed. An unfortunate omission, as it isn't like we'll ever get another Denji or Nayuta (unless it gets an anime or something).

>>11010404
>and definitely possesses a good range of articulation.
I'd like to hope so, and from the looks of it they should, but we don't really have any proof of this, right? The product pics are all posed in limited ways, we've not seen the prototypes do anything spectacular (that I can remember).

Also Anime Export has these for 25200 (if you pay upfront), so 10% off retail.
>>
>>11010445
I've seen it go for $150 and the fact that you can even find it means it's not rare.
"Pricey" is when shit goes for waaay over its original price, which routinely happens with actual rare or in demand toys. 5x or more is pricey. THAT shit is where you start kicking yourself for not buying it, because it's way over valued.

If you collect enough toys, and actually miss or skip over figures, you'll find how common just double the price actually is. That's basically late comer tax.

>>11010478
Yep, 1000toys is always cheap when it comes to accessories. Stuff like Hellboy was also minimal and even had a limited edition/store exclusive that came with different horns and a sword for an extra $20.
They really should just charge more to make a complete figure like Hellboy, instead of skimping.
>>
>>11010562
>it's not rare!
>It's on ebay for $200 - $300 right now!
>>
>>11010861
btw, the amount of offers and sales is also a good indicator
there aren't much of these for killy, ya know
>>
>>11010861
>the only Killys on sale right now are the only ones that will ever be!
retard.

Just wait until someone offers it for a cheaper price, because they aren't rare and people constantly post them
>>
>>11011231
People selling 1000toys Killy are not exclusively selling 1000toys Killy. They have no reason to back down on their high prices. Also why would 1000toys make another run of Killy if he didn't sell well?
>>
>>11011236
Seriously, are you retarded or are you retarded? You're talking like you're an AI running a webstore.

People sell shit for cheap ALL THE TIME, because they want to sell it fast or they don't actually care to research the maximum value (which brings down the value, btw).

Fuck man, i give away my stuff for FREE all the time. Stuff i paid $100+ for and go for $500+ on ebay, like vehicles i know one of my nephews was interested in and was just wasting space in one of my closets.

Also, who even talked about 1000toys making a second run of Killy?
How fucking retarded are you that you've lost track of the context? We're talking about how Killys aren't that rare and constantly being sold. Which Killys? Killys people already bought and wanting to get rid of through secondary market places.
>>
>>11011257
>the only Killys on sale right now are the only ones that will ever be!
That sounds like they'll be more Killy figures released not Killy toy sales. Word your shit better next time, faggot.
>>
>>11011269
>dumb it down for me because i have the comprehension level of a 5th grader
Also, going through ebay, 1000toys stuff isn't that expensive if you're okay with buying used.

Not counting the exclusives, since some don't even appear in completed listings. Actually rare.
>>
>>11011429
One of the rarest 1000toys Nihei action figures is some long white pet thing from one of his mangas which were sold as part of some exclusive edition sale or some shit. Not possible to find anywhere.
>>
>>11011766
Ah, you mean the compressed form of Titania, from Aposimz.
It's more of a garage kit, not official, as far as I remember.
>>
>>11005285
I really wanna buy these but goddamn do I have to get the set to get anything worthwhile. I might just wait for SHF Chainsaw Devil or something but I really wanna support T.E.S.T. since I want to see more shit from them.
>>
>>11012801
You can always sell it in the future, and there is plenty of time till September, to save money, if you are pressed on that.
>>
File: Digimortal I think.png (400 KB, 995x1400)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
>>11005285
Who the fuck is this guy and where is HIS figure?
>>
>>11013045
He's called "The Mercenary" from the Nihei one-shot Digimortal.
>>
File: file.png (69 KB, 400x270)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>11012750
Yeah Titania, this thing.
>1/1 scale
lmao
>>
>>11013055
Oh I thought that was just Denji in the future or something taking odd jobs.
>>
>>11013061
pissbot
>>
>>11013061
Is there a review?

Does anything in it move or it's just a stickbug with no articulation?
>>
>>11009006
Knowing the works of 1000toys and Abara being designed by the same guy, I do think that promos are result of them not having experience to present the product properly.

So guess the articulation is alright.
>>
>>11013061
>>11012750
>1000toys were planning on making Titania
Man fuck these guys
>>
>>11014980
Blame Sentinel.
They are the ones responsible for 1000toys decline into licenceshit and fucking Nendo-copycats.
And this is why core 1000toys employees quit to create T.E.S.T.
>>
>>11014982
>Blame Sentinel.
Yep it was their line.
>>
>>11015314
They were the ones making decisions, at least during the later stages.
Early and mid 1000toys had some peak figures, but later and now only license mass-market crap.
It seems they just saw 1000toys a way to make Sentinel shit, but for west properties. And guess Yuta and other employees didn't like it. Thus almost no activity from current 1000toys. Just some rare announcements and poor offers.
>>
>>11014976
That's what I'm thinking too, and that they were probably just dealing with stiff prototypes, but if they're going to release in September which is in 3 months, surely they have factory samples to showcase by now, and tooling would be complete. And if not... I hope they push the date out to make sure it gets refined as much as possible from tooling to production and they don't use the date as firm to not revise as needed. As mentioned looking at them I'm not seeing anything impeding the knees or elbows, shoulders seem to work well enough, hips look like they have plenty of room, but I'd also like to see it and not just assume.
>>
>>11016496
Doubt we will see more pics, as T.E.S.T. doesn't have much web presence.
>>
>>11017398
You'd think they could just make an account somewhere and post things, people will flock to see what's new, especially if they post some interesting things.

I'm really mulling these over, I feel like I'll really like them but it's a big amount to put down upfront (can always just stick with HLJ over A-E and their 10% discount. Or could just take their 5% and pay later.
>>
>>11018259
Well, we can always suggest them to expand their presence. Abara figures announcement in X got a lot of likes and reposts.
If they post some cool pics on social media, they will get more people aboard the PO.
>>
>>11009086
Almost same as HLJ, so naaah.
>>
>>11020475
10% of 28k is 2.8k (or 1.4k for pay later). Nearly 3k isn't exactly nothing, about 1/3+ of most other imports.
>>
>>11020562
Nah, I prefer not paying in advance. Plus, I have orders on HLJ for September.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.