[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 61U0USSeExL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (83 KB, 1389x1246)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
I've always liked the quintessons and looking at their versions, I came across what would appear to be a Bayverse art concept and I thought the style was really cool. I would like to try to customize a quintessons figure.
If you've already made a figure, what advice would you give to someone who's never done it before? what materials have you used, etc. and of course, which quintesson figure do you think is the "best"? I know there are a lot of questions but I'm extremely new to collecting, I would like some help. thanks for reading friends
>>
File: antivenom.jpg (390 KB, 1200x1600)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
To properly make any custom you need paint that is too thick, and a few pubes to have dry into the paint.
>>
>>11024714
thank you friend. Any brand tips? I know some but I don't know if they would be the most used by collectors
Nice figure btw
>>
>>11024708
There's a customs thread here, there was no need to create a new thread for this. Also, why don't you do a bit of research on your own? There's hundreds of very good tutorials and videos for all kids of customizing topics, depending on what you're specifically wanting to know more about. Part swapping, disassembling figures, sanding down joints to eliminate paint rub, priming, painting by brush, airbrushing, best paint types, sealing, sculpting techniques, sculpting materials, molding, casting, etc etc.
>>
>>11024871
it doesn't matter. I created
why

1. I didn't see that there is such a topic
2. I don't have time to look at all the topics
>>
>>11024871
Oh, I forgot something.
Just because of the mocking beginning I'm not going to read your post and I'm sorry to tell you that you just wasted time writing, I mean, why would you respond to a topic as useless as mine, right?
>>
>>11025160
ignore it. he just wants to show off as the Tough Guy, I recommend mixing paints.
>>
>>11024714
kek, very enjoyable chuckle experienced his end
>>
>>11024720
I like tamiya paints the most, consider watering them down if they come out to thick for the task at hand, multiple thin coats, be patient
>>
>>11025158
>I don't have time to look at all the topics
Basically "I'm a lazy fuck and can't be bothered to google all these things I'm asking you where I'd find tons of video tutorials and extensive write-ups on every customizing topic imaginable, so instead I'm going to ask here and hope people do all the work for me and give me summarized versions"

Fuck off.
>>
>>11024714
The pubes add necessary texture.
>>
File: yes.png (206 KB, 771x804)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>11038156
>Basically "I'm a lazy fuck and can't be bothered to google all these things I'm asking you where I'd find tons of video tutorials and extensive write-ups on every customizing topic imaginable, so instead I'm going to ask here and hope people do all the work for me and give me summarized versions"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.