[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0166.jpg (238 KB, 828x1082)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
There’s a big market with artisan toys, I mainly follow the Star Wars ones, but there’s a lot of different ones out there. There’s Stan Solo, Fans Strike Back, The Next 17, etc… they all make quality toys on the same level as the Kenner originals. Now sometimes they make “repros” of vintage figures to try to get them out there, a big example being Stormtrooper disguise Han Solo because it was a difficult figure to get back in the day that fetches a high price. But they also provide us with things we never got, like the Bantha that Kenner showed a prototype for, but never actually released. Or Slave Leia, which was a big miss from the original Kenner line. Does /toy/ appreciate these artisan toy makers or do we see them as “stealing” Kenner’s designs?
>>
>>11031962
By artisan do you mean customs and bootlegs? Sure, I like that sort of thing, it’s interesting seeing how people get around copyrights with ‘legally distinct’ versions of characters.
>>
>>11031970
It’s funny how you yell bootleg in every thread about third party companies, have you ever stopped to realize bootleg maybe isn’t a bad thing at all? These “bootlegs” have replicated Kenner original figures better than Hasbro themselves did with their “Retro Collection”.
>>
>>11031972
Hey now, you forgot how to read. I just said I like bootlegs.
>>
>>11031962
>artisan
>resin pour and bungy cord
>>
I definitely can appreciate stuff like 3rd party transformers that fill a niche a company is otherwise not filling. In the case of these Star Wars ones I guess they are the same way but I don’t really have any interest in trying to “finish” the roster of a 40 year old toyline, for much the same reason I have no interest in the new ones hasbro is putting out either. Part of the charm in collecting vintage stuff is there is a definitive endpoint to it and I don’t think I’d ever want something like this leia for that reason.
>>
>>11031977
That was clearly a prototype though
>>
>>11031962
>Stormtrooper disguise Han Solo
why would a storetrooper pretend to be an han solo?
>>
>>11031972
Oh fuck off, Michael. You pay a high price for a single figure that'll never be worth a shit, enver be accepted as a legit part of any collection, and is for obsessive man-babies who need every last character and costume in a line.
>>
>>11031962
Fuck off Micheal. I know you lurk and post here. Just like Junkman .You uptight little bitch.
>>
>>11035329
fuck you, as I always say, 'fans are doing the best work'
>>
>>11033518
It was clearly a piece of shit
>>
>>11039168
stfu troon, I am not Jin
>>
>>11039168
>republicans hate free speech even though it's democrats who literally jail people for saying the wrong thing that offended special snowflakes

>call someone Jin for pointing out the obvious

Are you high on something? For real
>>
You guys are mentally deficient
>>
can i post art toys here though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.