[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: joeop.jpg (809 KB, 1500x1500)
809 KB
809 KB JPG
Previous Thread >>11030901

LATEST INTEL:

•CLASSIFIED SERIES

HasLab Dragonfly Unboxing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6mqSvMUtxg

Now Shipping:
>Cobra Ferret
>Retro Duke
>Retro Scarlett
>Retro Recondo
>Recon Diver (60th Anv)
>Action Soldier (60th Anv)
>Airborne
>Big Boa
>Quick Kick
>Techno Viper
>Metalhead
>VAMP & Clutch (Pulse)
>Mutt & Junkyard
>Fire Team 788 (Pulse)
>HMS w/ Techno-Viper (Pulse)

>New/Render Reveals - SDCC Exclusive “Once A Man” Cobra Commander, Nemesis Immortal, Dial-Tone, Saw Viper

>Pipeline Reveals - Road Pig, Blowtorch, Frag Viper, Starduster, Zandar, Leatherneck, Raptor, Footloose

Preorders:
>Iron Grenadier
>Alpine
>Iron Grenadier B.A.T.
>Storm Shadow v2
>Retro Stalker
>Retro Cobra Trooper
>Retro Cobra Commander
>Cobra Night Attack Stinger (FanCh)
>Sgt Slaughter Mad Marauder (FanCh)
>Lowlight & Spirit Mad Marauders 2pk (Pulse)
>Wreckage and Tiger Paw ATV (Target/Pulse)
>Retro Beach Head
>Retro Cobra Eel
>Retro Snow Serpent
>Night Force Shockwave and Night Pursuit Cycle (Pulse/Walmart)
>Jinx
>Torch
>Doc
>Gnawgahyde w/ Porkbelly & Yobbo
>Night Creeper
>Tiger Force Roadblock & Tripwire 2pk

•OTHER
>Super7 O-ring figures revealed
>Mezco Commando Snake Eyes for pre-order. Expected to ship after 6-8 weeks after SDCC
>Hiya Toys: Beach Head, Flint (Standard and Tiger Force), Firefly, Lady Jaye, Major Bludd, Destro, Baroness, Gung Ho, Cobra Trooper, Zartan, Spirit Iron-Knife, Tomax & Xamot, Croc Master, Stalker 4” figures revealed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Free Episodes of G.I. Joe ARAH:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNXV9Mb7egjH0ccOkdYG-SWdLNFuYpBmF

>Free Episodes of Renegades and Sigma 6:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnFUEcs3dTmsoPRBY4b7tA/featured

>G.I. Joe Spy Troops (PAL version, ripped and edited by a very kind Aussie Anon/Spy Troops anon):
https://mega.nz/folder/UbgRhCQA#9MNOu25I6Rqv0BlaSUj8XA
>>
>>11049399
SDCC Exclusive Cobra "Once a Man" Commander.

G.I. JOE CLASSIFIED SERIES #130, COBRA COMMANDER (ONCE A MAN)
(HASBRO | Ages 4 and Up | Approx. Retail Price: $39.99 | Available: Summer 2024)

>New to the G.I. JOE Classified Series line, Cobra Commander (Once A Man) comes ready for adventure, with multiple points of articulation for high poseability. Inspired by the character’s mutated appearance in G.I. JOE: The Movie, this 6-inch action figure contains 9 character-inspired accessory pieces including 4 alternate hands, alternate helmeted head, cracked faceplate, dagger, backpack, and weapon accessory. Includes an additional figure of Cobra Commander degenerated and mutated into primitive snake form. A transparent sleeve guards a phenomenal lenticular image depicting the horrific fate of Cobra Commander. Inside, the windowed display showcases the figure, accessory loadout, & dynamic digital renders.

>Look for other G.I. JOE figures and toys to build your roster of heroes and Cobra villains (each sold separately, subject to availability). Available exclusively at 2024 San Diego Comic-Con. Attendees can request a time slot to purchase Hasbro products at the Hasbro Booth (#3213) at the Hasbro Pulse Toy Store through the San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Portal.

>Limited quantities will be available to pre-order on HasbroPulse.com after the convention. While supplies last.
>>
>>11049399
If the ReAction figure are 20 at retail how much will the O-Ring ones be?
>>
>>11049403
Is this line going into Manimals territory now? I'd like a cartoon Sgt. Savage if they're going to go crazy already
>>
>>11049403
This is pretty awesome.
>>
>>11049431
Supposedly same price
>>
File: buddies.jpg (169 KB, 720x540)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>11049441
>He doesn't knoe
False Joefag confirmed.
>>
>>11049403
Hasbro don't tease me with a giant clam and not deliver
>>
I don't know if you're still here dude from the last thread, but yeah man, the comics are great.
>>
>>11049628
I was thinking the same thing. That would have been neat as the exclusive
>>
>>11048801
Someone asked what a "Once A Man" Cobra Commander would be like in these threads and I basically guessed this one pretty much on the nose. I'd dig up the original post but the archive doesn't let us search /toy/.
>>
>>11049399
i get people want o-rings ... but did they also want crappy metal pins, no swivel hands, and poor looking models as well? couldnt they just sculpt nicer looking 3.75" for the $25 they are asking for?
>>
File: yojoe.jpg (2.87 MB, 4160x1872)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
as the joe team's DI, it is up to the sarge to take the new recruits out on their first mission. he will be watching closely, evaluating them on their military skills, field-craft, teamwork, motivation, toughness, focus and ability to stay cool under fire.
>>
>>>11049079

This looks absolutely terrible.
It looks like the late 80's.or the bad parts - or something.
>>
>>11049628
That's just the Baroness.
If he looks around he can find the Hiss Destro lost in there and drive out.
>>
>>11049760
I torment my girlfriend with an occasional hissing "Once a man"
She does not like lizard people.
She really hates lizard people with guns.
I have theories.
>>
>>11049403
That's a cool looking set, lots of new parts and interesting accessories, and the box is fairly awesome.

It's a good thing I hate almost everything about Cobra La and it's affect on G.I. Joe as a franchise, because I can now very easily skip this guy.

Do we know what else has been confirmed for SDCC yet?
>>
>>11049891
So far? Nemesis Immortal, Roadblock v2 and Once A Man CC.
>>
My Night Creepers just hit my POL. I've really been looking forward to those guys.
>>
>>11049868
I don't really see what you mean
Could you go into more detail?
>>
>>11050191
Fuck yeah
CreeperS is see
>>
File: 20240627_172832.jpg (3.31 MB, 4032x3024)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
Mutt & Junkyard and Metalhead are on clearance at my Target. I already got them but if you haven't, might want to check your location.
>>
File: 20240628_164000.jpg (826 KB, 3709x1700)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
this line is so fun
>>
>>11050604
Gimme your shelf lore
>>
>>11050654
I haven't given them much thought yet, I just have enjoyed mixing and matching parts. someone was selling the spare heads from the trouble bubble so they fit the cobra viper 3-pack and give them more personality, the grey viper is the tech/mechanic for their issued Python Patrol B.A.T. unit.
>>
>>11050664
Why's the girl who fucks Xaiver in the cartoon there
>>
File: x800-16070[1].jpg (86 KB, 800x800)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Not a fan of Mezco really but I like the way they did the commando head on this figure.
>>
>The inhabitants of Pawtucket, Rhode Island called Hasbro
>>
>>11050668
I thought she would make for a good generic scientist, maybe to do maintenance on the mini mech that Rock and Roll is in. I got Tigerforce Dusty, Stalker, and Recondo for cheap, and swapped some parts to get Blackondo and Dusty's face stripes match Stalkers striped uniform to get a commando type of look.
>>
>>11049704
You wanna wake up a clam or something?
>>
>>11050083
>Nemesis Immortal, Roadblock v2 and Once A Man CC.
All in the same week? With only limited numbers sold online? We're going to need a lot of money, and a lot of luck.
>>
>>11049399
So who else can we expect from a GI Joe cartoon movie line/wave?

>>Artic Dial Tone
>>Mercer
>>Falcon reissue with a proper head
>>Toy accurate Jinx
>>Toy accurate Chuckles
>>Law and Order
>>Cobra La Royal Guards
>>Cartoon accurate Serpentor
>>Pythona
>>
>>11050845
No Golobulus? He's on the packaging artwork for Once A Man, he's got to be a possibility. But please not all at the same time, Hasbro.
>>
>>11049403
Kinda dont like the head. Id still be glad to get one, i think this was the best part of the movie outside of the intro.
>>
>>11050853
Globulus will probably be a Haslab figure so they can give him his snake tail and flesh orb lower torso.
>>
>>11050083
Oh cool, good to know. Only one I'd really even think about getting would be the Immortal, just to hand out with Serpentor, but he's not a big loss if I miss him.

>>11050604
>>11050664
>>11050732
I love this shelf and the Tele-Viper heads on the Viper pack bodies is genius and a trick I'll probably have to steal. Also, Blackondo is hilarious.

Is that the Soldier Force mech Rock n Roll is sitting in?

>>11050845
I'd be down for Mercer, new Falcon, Law and Order and some Royal Guards. I'm pretty sure LnO are almost a given at this point as there's only so many Joes with pets in the line and Hasbro sure does love that price point. The rest are all long shots imo, unless they actually do pull a "Movie" based subline/wave type of releases.
>>
File: rL6hQg6[1].jpg (22 KB, 575x433)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>11050845
His time is NOW
>>
>>11050934
Don't care he wasn't in the movie, I'm just going for a cartoon only character.
>>
>>11050926
Surely they don't need to do that as a Haslab, they can make that for somewhere around the price point of the animal packs or the Flightpod and RAM packs.
>>
>>11050972
That sounds more like it, just make it pulse exclusive and sell it. If/when they do him why not throw in the chick too? I say that since i just dont see her as a solo release, unless they pack her in with two guards. Id love to army build those guards.
>>
>>11051489
Not just that, Cobra-La is niche and controversial enough that it might actually struggle to get funded as a Haslab, while with a Pulse exclusive they can see how well it sells and produce more if needed.

As there aren't that many female GI Joe villains, I can easily see Pythona getting released as a single figure, even if she also ends up being Pulse exclusive because Cobra-La is niche. I definitely want at least two Cobra-La Royal Guards.
>>
"Hey Barbie, let's go fight Cobra!"
>>
>>11051598
Without knowing anything about this I would say it's an homage to the Mary Kay pink cars because Mary Kay Cosmetics is HQ'd in Addison, TX.
>>
>>11051580
Thank you for the names, the heat has kinda made me loopy. I just cant see pythona as a solo at a retail level, guess i couldve been more clear but it was stupid hot at work today.
>>11051628
Were tomax and xamot involved in mary kay? Seems like the type of scheme theyd come up with.
>>
>>11051598
It's good to see Bobby finally embracing the mom SUV factor
>>
>>11051723
Don't be That Guy, anon. It's obvious that they're doing some GI Joe: The Movie figures as SDCC exclusives, first they announced Nemesis Enforcer/Immortal, then the Once A Man Cobra Commander is a modification of the upcoming Retro Cobra Commander. The SDCC Roadblock is probably going to be Blind Roadblock and we'll get a normal Retro version somewhere down the line.

What would a Used Car Salesman Cobra Commander figure even be anyway? It would just be a guy in a suit, because he wouldn't have become Cobra Commander yet.
>>
File: cobra leader sdcc.jpg (1.42 MB, 960x1429)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>11052230
Business suit Cobra Commander is pretty boss.
>>
>>11052239
They won't even let us have regular hooded Cobra Commander any more though.
>>
>>11052249
They still have other CC designs they can make. We still don't have Battle Armor CC or the weird red face plate mask CC from the early 90s, or a right proper unmasked CC based on Devil's Due version of what Cobra Commander looks like (which is to say, he looks like Sheriff Lamb from Veronica Mars).

And that doesn't count weird varients like Toys R Us Battle Armor colors, a proper black uniform of the Retro card CC, the new Python Patrol color scheme that Super 7 came up with, and Valor vs Venom. Renegades, Rise of Cobra, and Sigma Six versions of the face plate CC.
>>
File: ML5Ds580_o.jpg (1.22 MB, 1091x1633)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>11052258
>or a right proper unmasked CC based on Devil's Due version of what Cobra Commander looks like
absolute shit taste. This is the only unmasked CC worth making.
>>
>>11052258
Battle armor is coming, just no idea when. Its odd that roadblock has more variants than the commander at this point but we know that block is someones favorite.
>>11052333
Itd be neat to get this head as a mssk for zartan, if we dont get an actual unmasked commander.
>>
>>11052351
Even worse, Roadblock has like, three or four completely different figures. CC has three repaints of one figure....well, I guess technically he now has two actual different figures with the HISS/Retro one now, but he's really only gotten that recently.
>>
>>11052258
>They still have other CC designs they can make
And none of them are is iconic look that they refuse to make for utterly absurd reasons.
>>
>>11052352
Oh yeah, i hadnt thought of how diffrent they are. But whats left after v2, the star brigade roadblock,?
>>11052408
Just buy the monster force figure or get some putty. You think cross country will have his iconic hat or anything close to the stars and bars?

Also whats this ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256547489478
>>
>>11052615
>Also whats this ?

Literally just read the description dude
>2024 SO CAL JOE SHOW SC5. This is a custom exclusive made by the convention organizers and is not an official Hasbro released item. Only 80 of these were made in total. The FACTORY SEAL is part of the condition of the collectible.
>>
>>11052615
>$260 for a custom
>>
>>11052615
>https://www.ebay.com/itm/256547489478
very ugly.
wish they made more official blue GI JOES, I love Shockwave. just not like this...
i know people really hate the mad mauraders low light + spirit, but personally for me, it's the coolest looking figures they've had and i preordered that day 1 lol.
>>11052351
battle armor commander cobra is gonna be an instant buy for me too. Amazing to hear that. i hope they do Super Trooper, too.
>>
Ordered 2 of these for my neca alien diaroma
>>
>>11052839
Well i did, just later on in the day. I guess the seal must be some way of keeping john hasbro off the door.
>>11052844
We probably need to get one, there are only a few out there. Fudge mindbender, THIS is the cream of my classified crop. >>11052899
As much as i enjoyed the arah shockwave, im just notexcited for the currentoptions. I think it was the shield that just threw me off. He doesnt look like a guy that bashes through a group of people like that to me. Idk, my head lore gets in the way sometimes i guess. >>11052643
That would actually work great i think. Give buzzer a dye job and mustache then add a beach head beret?
>>
>>11049865
Neat
>>
>>11052643
>Hasbro was always fond of Cobra-La even though it was a dumb idea.

Evil monster people with slimy bio tech make for good toyetic villains ..at least on paper.
>>
>>11053246
If you stop and think though, hasbro had already wet the bed with the introduction of serpentor imo. So why not have an ancient secret serpent society hiding in the himalayas?
>>
File: 39188.jpg (164 KB, 659x1000)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>11053195
They're great, come with a lot of stuff and the figures are pretty cool.
>>11053479
Serpentor himself caused a lot of polemic among Hasbro. Larry Hama straight-up ignored the whole secret society stuff and just used Serpentor's creation to bring back Storm Shadow and finish his good guy arc. He simply decided to ignore Cobra-La was even a thing lol.
Kind of funny tho, I think the robot guy and his army of robo-ninjas from recent years is just as dumb of a concept.
>>
>>11053246
>>11053479
It was a good way to get past that whole "regular people shooting other regular" people thing. That's pretty much why B.A.T.S. became the defacto enemy grunt for Joes to deal with. Much easier to have those lasers blow up robots and bug monsters then actual humans.

Personally, I always had Cobra La as it's own faction in my headcanon. The more factions in Joe lore the better imo, keeps things from getting stale by only having two sides fight each other.
>>
I read the first three issues of Duke and thought they were pretty good, in fact, I have no idea why anyone would hate these issues at all. I can't think of a reason someone would get mad at them, they even make excuses for why Stalker and Rock and Roll could take down Duke
>>
>>11053701
I dont think the more sci fi stuff is bad really, its more that, for me atleast, its always been a part of the whole. I was maybe 6 when the movie came out, i only saw stuff like serpentor or the cobra la or even slaughters marauders when i vistedy uncle. I used the 'wet the bed' phrase since im seeing more people that just dont like it at all. I think the variety is great, you dont need to get a figure from another line if you want some alien looking guy since gi joe has a few.
>>
>>11053719
Duke and Cobra were pretty good I thought. Not sure how I feel about Destro and Scarlett yet, but I think I liked the first Destro issue more than the first Scarlett one.
>>
What's the consensus on the Mezco Joes? Firefly looks sick. I wanted to check Hisstank but it's full of sycophants and youtube is all "thank for sending me this review sample it's the best!!!"
>>
>>11054104
not a fan. i play with my toys and want them to all be the same scale/look. he looks cool for sure and firefly is in my top 5, but if i bought him he'd just sit on a shelf like a statue.
>>
https://youtu.be/ydeTFRM5MQ0
>>
Just got an email from Hasbro delaying the Dragonfly from Summer to December 2024. And these people want us to fund a third eventually delayed project? Asking for the Dragonfly with no update to the HISS was balls, but they just did that Dragonfly unbox video and now it's fucking December.
>>
i'm writing a turn-based game using Joes.
can you think of any activated abilities/skills for Firefly to use?
>>
>>11054096
I turned a co worker on to these, apparently its worth it to read all the energon books. Guess it helps if you enjoy transformers some.
>>
>>11054409
I think pretty much all the Haslabs end up coming out late. IIRC, the HISSTank was supposed to come out end of last summer/beginning of Fall, but it didn't end up coming around until December/January.
>>
File: GRaV6P2WkAAg873.jpg (427 KB, 2509x1412)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
A suited CC from Monster Force is coming as a BBTS exclusive. Haven't been paying attention to these but now they have my full interest. Grid Iron and thigh high ninja looks good as well.
>>
File: Monster.png (166 KB, 390x586)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>11054827
They have a lot of cool looking stuff, especially the generic troopers look awesome. My issue is that they actually haven't released anything yet, they just keep putting more and more stuff up for PO. I'd like to see the quality and articulation and stuff first before I start going wild. If they're good, I'd get a bunch of figures from this line.
>>
>>11054827
>No pointing hand
Absolute shite.

In all seriousness, it looks cool, although I'm not a fan of their pricing, maybe if we got some actual releases would be easier to decide if I'm really buying their Red Shadows and car salesman CC.

Also, isn't that RPG a bit small?
>>
>>11054835
That blood Dracula, which...was $40 despite being nothing but translucent plastic, was listed as in stock
So maybe something is coming out
>>
>>11054827
I wonder if they're going as f ar as to m ake sure it fits on CC's peg.
>>
>>11054827
I know they're calling her Red Riding Hood, but who is she actually based on? That design seems really familiar. Almost as familiar as Johnny Quest's dad there.
>>
>>11054855
Yeah, I noticed that, and the translucent blue anubis/mummy-looking guy. Those guys were apparently con exclusives this year, but still none of the mainline guys are out yet, and translucent plastic is somewhat different than regular plastic, so I still want to see how the main release figures turn out.
>>
They're getting milage out of that masked head. Found this on their facebook while looking for a source for >>11054827
>>
>>11054835
They certainly are long on plans and short on actual product, but Monster Force is supposed to be soon.
>>11054850
>Also, isn't that RPG a bit small?
It is, but I'm chalking it up to them simply shrinking it for the image, and the actual one will be appropriately scaled.
>>
>>11054875
Is translucent plastic more expensive then normal plastic or something
>>
>>11054878
Is that the fucking Danny Phantom bad guy
>>
>>11054827
Wow, the scientist gets a Johnny Quests dad head AND Norman Osborn
>>
>>11054827
If these were $25 I would get so many Saboteurs for background mooks

But I already feel bad preordering two of the Men in Black figures they're doing at these prices
>>
Also here's a timothy Dalton Bond to go with the Connory and Moore heads they've already made.
>>
>>11054895
Same, I really want to buy pretty much everything they've shown, but the price isn't right. Maybe in 3 or 4 years when they actually come out, inflation will make it seem like a more fair deal.
>>
>>11054896
God dammit
Why do these have to be $37
I can afford it but it's just annoying
>>
>>11054875
Yeah like, I don't mind the preorders honestly
But in the back of my head I'm worried they might just release everything at once due to all the delays and suddenly I have 10 $40 figures I have to pay for all at once
But that guy who's a brain in a jar looks sick even if he only comes with one gun
>>
>>11054896
No spy vs spy heads...
>>
File: 1327867393187.jpg (11 KB, 327x388)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>11054827
>Not Benton Quest figure
Yeah that's an instabuy
>>
>>11054893
Wrong thread for it, but I can't believe Hasbro haven't just made a basic Norman Osborn figure already.
>>
>>11054896
>Connory and Moore heads they've already made.

What? Where?
>>
>>11054498
>can you think of any activated abilities/skills for Firefly to use?
Time bombs? Drone bombs like his Classified figures have? Those little bug bombs from Retaliation? His Faceless Master mind trick from the comics?
>>
>>11054904
They know they're going to get people to buy it off kitbashing alone.
The figures look great, but one of the big reasons I'm buying is because they have some stuff that Joe's don't and I can make some great displays with it.
>>
>>11054896
Have they done J and K heads for the MIB figures yet
>>
>>11054933
You didn't recognize them on their not red shadows guys? The eye patch and little goatee make them less Bondish, but its still clearly their likenesses.
>>
>>11054827
I feel like Monster Force is playing with fire. Some many of their designs, especially heads, are so close to copyrighted characters and actor likenesses.
>>
File: 20240702_154143.jpg (421 KB, 2048x2048)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>11054827
>>11055056
Speaking of which, looks like people missed this obvious homage with the head pack
>>
>>11055077
Yeah man, they're also straight-up selling a comic Joe Colton with their General.
>>
>>11055056
I think faces are harder to copywrite than like, logos.
I dunno like, it seems like Hasbro only bothers with thrid party companies if they used an Autobot logo, maybe this is the same, at least with Hasbro
>>
>>11054878
Fine, sign me up FOR ANOTHER MONSTER FORCE PRE ORDER. >>11054887
I wanna say august ? Just let me get a few and dont flood me all at once. Im really hopeful as i enjoy the idea but like you say, its all ideas at the moment.
>>
>>11054878
What's the unmasked head meant to be, Lovecraft himself?
>>
>>11055166
Now that you've said it, I can see it. The nose is too small though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.