[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (2.04 MB, 1280x720)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
I think GI Joe sucks!
>>
>>11064679
This, but unironically. G.I. Joe Classified is everything wrong with the toy industry in one toyline.
>>
>>11064720
explain
>>
>>11064720
Bobby?
>>
>>11064746
G.I. Joe looks the same as when my dad was a kid and he is in his 'Fifties. Do you see the problem?
>>11064769
No, I don't like Action Force either.
>>
>>11064679
Good for you, no one is forcing you to like it.
>>
>>11064813
G.I. Joe when my dad was a kid was Adventure Team. I don't know if they even sold it in his country.
>>
>>11064813
>G.I. Joe looks the same
How is that a problem?
>>
>>11064813
they used to be literal dolls dumbass
>>
>>11064829
>Drop the clothing and gimmicks in favor of efficient articulated toys at a small size that makes building a whole military easy
Seems like GI Joe evolved plenty.
>>
File: 1720629931737.jpg (2.63 MB, 2262x4054)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>11064813
I was unaware that they had quad tube NODs, Ops Core FAST Helmets with Peltore attached via Arc rails, Crye combat uniforms in Multicam, modular plate carriers with lvl IV plates and tactical AR-15s with electronic optics and tac lights in the 50s.

Sorry, but as a gear fag, I appreciate the level of detail they put into this figure. It's not exactly 1:1 with real deal equipment, at least not all of it, the helmet is definitely an Ops Core and the plate carrier looks like an IOTV without the neck, groin and shoulder armor. I almost want to take a pic of me all LARPed up since my setup isn't that different than the figure's.

Basically, you're wrong.
>>
>>11064855
No. It was 12 inch starting out, and 3.75 inch when it was good. 6 inch is like eating UPF made out of low-quality movies.
>>
>>11064829
By dad was born in the 'Seventies. He grew up with RAH and showed it to me when I was younger. >>11064835
I'm not. The cast is virtually unchanged since the RAH day. G.I. Joe should die for not just evolving, but devolving. At least Transformers changes a big details here and there. For G.I. Joe all you get is a mix of time periods (80s/WoT era) and maybe an aesthetic change.
>>
>>11064868
Classified tried to evolve with the first wave, but was heavily criticized for looking like fortnite/airsoft shit. People don’t want it to evolve, that’s the thing.
>>
>>11064868
I fucked your dad btw
>>
>>11064868
Transformers also consolidated the cast to Optimus Prime/Bumblebee/Grimlock/Wheeljack/token girl(usually Arcee), Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave/Shockwave. Easier to market with a controlled cast size.
>>
Stinky bait, looks like op pulled out the day old chicken liver lol.
>lifelong joe fag
>>
>>11064720
Classified is literally one of the best retail-level domestic toy lines available at the moment. Are you high?
>>
>>11064875
Did you give him a son he could actually love?
>>
>>11064813
>Do you see the problem?
Not really, unless you're one of those brain fried zoomers who seethe whenever
Also you don't put an apostrophe before "fifties" when referring to age.
>>
>>11064813
They’ve made several attempts to change and capture a new audience and every one of them has bombed. Appealing to nostalgia is all that they know works.
>>
>>11065054
This would ideally signal that the brand has run its course and they should move on to doing other things, but now they can just sell the same thing over and over again to an ever aging fanbase for decades.
>>
>>11064679
Eh, they've never been my thing, but the Classified figures seem pretty good for what they are. Decent accessory count and actual guns instead of the bullshit we have to put up with from DC figures.
>>
Flint is probably a grandpa now...
>>
>>11064929
Imagine suckins hasbros balls this much
>>
>>11064679
They dont scale well with imports so they suck
>>
File: IMG_2974.jpg (19 KB, 506x533)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>11064720
I miss 3.75 gi joe. I miss when 3.75 was the dominant scale in the industry...
>>
>>11064746
>$25 per figure
>no playsets and vehicles that aren't triple digits
>exclusives
>fragile gummy plastic
>limited articulation with visible pins despite coming from the same company that made the Fortnite Lynx (and boat)
>lady Jaye and snake eyes movie wave shelf warming in every walmart instead of... figures people actually want
>multiple sub lines, each one incomplete
I could probably keep going too but I feel like gijoe needs to be figures who can pose good holding guns, survive being played with by children, and most of all I need to be able to get more than fucking 4 for $100.
>>
File: 1556520922505.jpg (518 KB, 882x942)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>11064679
>nothing but 3.75 regular joes and 1/10 Sigma Six for a time
>I wish Joes were wholesome kino chungus etc 1/12
>Finally get GI Joe Legends
>Just get Snake Eyes and forget the whole line
>>
o-ring is the ugliest garbage on the face of the earth, might as well be making yourself your own dolls with straw and stones and draw a face on with a sharpie.
classified is the greatest toy ever made.
I'd like to own the 60s 12" action figures a lot and I'd like them better than Classifieds, but i don't have several thousand dollars of spare cash, so I'll meet halfway and get Classifieds. its the perfect compromise between homemade straw dolls and miniature real life people as far as the wallet and storage space go.
>>11064868
o-ring (and everything else that GI JOE did after the 12" vintage line was discontinued) is so minimalistic and ugly that using the designs is not stagnation or lazy. it's just correcting a wrong. the wrong was their toys were ugly, the correction is they're not ugly anymore.
they had great designs hindered by a cringe cartoon for babies and toys cheaper to produce than HotWheels.
>>
>>11066055
>classified is the greatest toy ever made.
should make bait less blatant anon
>>
>>11066063
show me where else you can get military style figs for under $100 and i'll buy those instead.
they have a total monopoly on it, so its not hard to be the best when everyone else is making gay shit for little kids or historical realism toys that price out 90% of people.
>>
>>11066067
Shit anon last time that happened was when Mcfarlane had the Cod line. Those are still some of the best looking military 6 inch figures ever made domestically. And its true 1/12 too, bit smaller than Joes so theyre perfectly in scale with stuff like Figma and Mafex.
>>
>>11066629
they only made like 5 guys. gi joe has a total monopoly lol
>>
>>11064679
I dont mind joes, the problems i have with them stems primarily from how domestic toys are made than the actual line itself.
>>
I've been reading a storytime of the comics and a few of the girls are cute, so it seems okay.
>>
File: cod vs borderlands.jpg (701 KB, 1719x1046)
701 KB
701 KB JPG
>>11066806
6 guys and only 3 of them had modern articulation.

That said, I army built the fuck out of brown guy here and i should have bought more of the other guys, especially mustache man. Great army builders and cannon fodder.
I bought one of scary mask guy and mustache man, foolishly thinking they'd go on clearance like the early wave. Now they're stupidly expensive.

I don't even buy that many Classified figures, because I'm not big on 1:12, but i can't help buying my favorites, and only if i think Mezco won't make them.
I hope Mezco does Major Bludd, because i missed out on him, since he was a store exclusive and people were still excited by GI Joe back then. Now most Classified you can find in fucking Ross for $ 5.
>>
File: IMG_20231126_101534.jpg (2.69 MB, 4000x2252)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
>>11066953
I should of army built these guys but I was deep into the superior import toy mind set and laughed off the awkward articulation. In hindsight these guys are the perfect fucking fodder. They still look better than the vast majority of 6 inch domestic toys coming out today.
>>
File: IMG_20231125_174818.jpg (2.63 MB, 4000x2252)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>11066806
In another timeline Id probably be obsessed with Classifieds but unfortunately they just dont look right next to my slightly smaller scaled import stuff.
>>
>>11064679
then u should fit right in in their general
>>
>>11065242
Trouble Bubble and the bikes were under $50.
>>
>>11066953
Thos CoD figures were terrible. I have the objectively best one, Price, and even he was a total shit show with his awful hips, is tumor wrists and shitty face print. Joes completely destroy Todd's CoD line.
>>
I unironically prefer the late 80s onwards GI Joe when they started going crazy with it.

The early, more realistic military themed Joes are fucking boring.
>>
File: 1697596813697.jpg (2.98 MB, 4032x2616)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
good for customs
>>
>>11065242
Almost all of this is false, unless your only frame of reference is when the line launched in 2020, and about, Spring of 2021.

>>$25 per figure
That's pretty much the entry point for all figures of this scale and size, now. I challenge you to show me a figure line that is equal or (less) in price, while also maintaining the same level of paint, sculpt, detail, and accessory count. Not even Hasbro's other lines can compete. Marvel and SW figures are the same price, and there are fewer sculpts, and both lines come with almost no accessories. Most have maybe 1-2 accessories, and if they have any more than that, they're a $35 deluxe release.

>no playsets and vehicles that aren't triple digits
They weren't even sure the line was going to last very long, so there weren't any vehicles at first, but now there's been the Coil motorcycle, 3-4 different versions of the RAM cycle, the Trubble Bubble and the PP Trubble Bubble, the Ferret and Tiger Paw, the SMS missile rack (sure, its meant for the HISS, but it can be towed behind the HISS, VAMP, or Stinger.) All of those were $40-$60. Even the VAMP and the Stinger are only $100, and there are more vehicles on the way.

>exclusives
Literally a problem with every toyline. And 90% of the stuff ends up easy to get (even on clearance or other sales) unless you're impatient and NEED everything day-1.

>fragile gummy plastic
How can it be fragile AND gummy..? And this is really only true of some of the weapons, which granted, sucks, but they've mostly phased the wobbly, warped shit out.

>limited articulation with visible pins
They've literally been phasing the pins out, and most recently releases don't have them.

>lady Jaye and snake eyes movie wave shelf warming in every walmar
Hasn't been relevant in probably two years.

>multiple sub lines, each one incomplete
I guess...but it isn't like the line is over or anything. And they've gone pretty deep on some lines, like Tiger Force and PP.
>>
>>11067286
Can i see his face. Only have Ghost who is masked and doesnt need advanced face tech to look good.

>>11067365
Holy based
>>
>>11067365
Are the really buff ones on the lower shelf pro wrestlers geared up?
>>
>>11068911
yes. there are a few chyna figures that work great as a buff chick base body
>>
>>11067365
Love it every time I see these.
>>
I never heared of G I Joe
I never owned a toy of G I Joe
I don't know what G I stands for
>>
>>11067365
Who's the blonde with the minigun?
>>
>>11069311
Government Issue
Refers to soldiers of the second world war
>>
>>11069333
cool to know thanks king
>>
>>11069311
> I don't know what G I stands for Gastrointestinal
>>
>>11064679
Ok, and?
>>
>>11064679

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY FUCKING WHORE MOUTH YOU COCKSUCKING FAGGOT OR YOU WILL WITNESS THE UNMITIGATED FURY OF MY INEFFECTUAL RAGE!!!

https://youtu.be/B-X8T6vYkLI?si=kdtJEMhYWa3uV-jK

!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>11076634
100% fact checked by true American heroes
>>
my raging alcoholic dad is getting evicted and he keeps trying to pawn the GI Joes he bought for himself when i was a little boy off on me, i've been telling him for two decades they hold no sentimental value for me and i never really enjoyed playing with them. fuck gi joes.
>>
>>11076634
honestly id be into 80s cartoon if they were animated by the japanese like they did their intros.
>>
>>11064825
>t. rusty brown
>>
>>11067365
Now THAT'S a collection. Stand proud anon.
>>
>>11064679
Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.