[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 71TfCW58MzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (184 KB, 1468x1500)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Just browsing Amazon's toy section and these 3D printed posable figures with weapons keep popping up in every page. Anyone buy these before?
>>
no, they are overpriced 3dprint chink scam
>>
>>11071777
These look like Dummy 13. If you have a 3d printer, I think you can get the file for free somewhere online with some searching.
Most of the time, any 3d print toy is going to be a rip off. Also these are filament printed, which is more brittle at times than other prints.
>>
I got one off Temu for $6

it's alright. Like >>11073479 said, they're filament printed which means they have that ridged texture which may be a problem to some people and may affect their strength.

I'm pretty satisfied with the figure. it's really poseable. theres a lot of color options, but mine game on sprues like a model kit and it was murder on my fingers trying to assemble it.

if you can get one for less than $6 shipping included, it's not a bad figure to fiddle with
>>
>>11073649
thanks
>>
>>11073479
>Also these are filament printed, which is more brittle at times than other prints.

No. Filament is not brittle lol. Resin is the brittle one. Filament just gets loose. Good for mechanical stuff, terrible for action figures.

>>11071777
See >>11071835

Be careful where you order them from. There are websites that offer the injection molded version which is probably best. Avoid places which sell the 3D printed version because there's a chance they might have serious QC issues. If you 3D print it yourself it will cost you like 2$.

Also why the hell does the red one in that promo pic have his legs inverted? WTF
>>
>>11078133
The standard resin these days is ABS-like, which can be somewhat flexible. The only real weakness of resin is that they're easier to shatter. Even flexible and rubbery resins gave lower impact resistance than standard ABS. So if you smash them they'll break more easily than ABS. As long as you're not throwing your action figures on the ground there are tons of good resins for action figures that will give you a better finish than filament. A lot of resione's tough resins are specifically made for moving parts and recommended for printed figures
>>
>>11071835
They cost less then a train ticket what do you mean scam?
>>
>>11078653
heh

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.