[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Surprised no one is talking about this. Seems neat. Shame the BE and its ass app died for this though.
>>
File: smug.jpg (18 KB, 406x308)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>11130888
>Surprised no one is talking about this.
You mean Digimon? GOTTEM LMOA THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY TEAM ROCKET
>>
>>11130888
I've been really enjoying mine. I've always wanted one of the modern Digivice but always felt the $100 they ask for at retail was a bit much for something, technology wise, was no different from the toys in the 90s. For a color screen, voice clips and songs, and LEDs, this feels closer to a CSA device and this more worth the initial asking price. It really is a love letter to Adventure which is just a joy to behold. A little disappointing that it stops at Our War Game, but Tri is pretty trash so I'm not crushed we skipped it. Last Kizuna would've been nice as well as getting Ultimate stages for everyone. Other than those minor gripes though I love it. Been clipping it to my belt to take with me when I go out so I can get my steps in.
>>
>>11130888
Isn't the app just going to be for storage after a certain point? I've had a BE since it came out and never once found a match when trying to battle, so I just quit trying.
>>
>>11130888
I dont get the point of reliving the scenes from the anime. Why not just watch the anime?
>>
Where does one buy this? I stopped collecting Digimon a while back and I didn't even see this uploaded to MFC or anything.
>>
>>11131115
The regular release is long sold out everywhere. You might be able to find the Taichi or Yamato versions, ZeninTCG still had some from the second wave when I checked a week or two ago. These things ended up being very popular. The first batch sold out fast enough Bandai decided to do a second batch which also sold out fairly quickly. They sold out even faster than the DMC or the PenC and both those products have proven to also be very popular. With how well the Color line of devices is selling I wouldn't be surprised if they do a D3 Color and D-Arc Color down the line. I will absolutely snag a Daisuke and Takato version. It's kind of a shame that Digimon Frontier doesn't get as much love as Adventure or Tamers. Takuya's color scheme in his original D-Scannee is fuckin dope. I hope they continue the Color line either V-Pets or Digivices.
>>
File: 1724897272137.jpg (1.09 MB, 1769x1458)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>11130888
It's so pretty.
>>
>>11131187
How's it taste?
>>
>>11131065
People hated the app that much. I used to be able to find a match here and there. Theres a VB battle discord where you can challenge players. Although that wont even work once the final app update happens soon since the match servers will be down. Fuck Bandai.
>>
>>11131206
Like recyclables. Since most sprites were recycled from the VB dims.
>>
File: 1704102627406474.png (24 KB, 1020x107)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>11131187
Gotta wait till next month for mines.
>>
>>11130888
Been playing with mine for a week.
>>
>>11131284
HOW MUCH???????
I expected 70$ max
>>
>>11130888
I'm sick of Digimon being tamagotchi and Adventure-focused these days. Applimon would be the last series to have actual toys, then we get to Ghost Game which practically had nothing. Now we're getting nothing but the same Rookie merch and the sporadic plamo releases
>>
>>11130888
I canceled my preorder on this and holy fuck I've never dodged a bullet so hard. What a horrible money grab. That booklet is so cheap too. Just an insult for this price. I'm actually glad digimon is dead now.
>>
>>11131517
The thing is, Digimon sells terribly. Kids don't want the toys (the Xros Wars line got shafted) and only nostalgia helps sales so obviously they're going to milk Adventure and the show Digivices to hell and back (and always made to order nonetheless to minimize risks and maximizing profit). That's the only thing that actually brings them money other than the regular v-pets, the Vital Bracelet was the only completely new idea that actually worked for a while.

Bandai just doesn't know how to make this franchise successful anymore, after trying to reinvent it and failing, kids just aren't interested. Focusing on virtual pets and nostalgia is their best bet (and some times not even that, as the Digivolving Spirits line was also cancelled).
>>
>>11131284
Should've bought from a reseller and paid in yen.
>>
>>11131529
What makes you think it's a money grab? The device itself is really nice.
>>
>>11130888
These aren’t toys.
>>
>>11131845
It's literally a pedometer toy.
>>
>>11131843
I actually calculated how much it wouldve costed me with shipping. This is around the same price and i wanted the card in eng so i cancelled my japanese order.
>>
>>11131867
Sorry wrong reply
>>11131617
>>
Limited availability and excessive cost kept me from picking one up. A shame too, because I did really want one.
>>
>>11131867
>>11131870
Oh wow, mine would've been around $120 from P-Bandai directly but I paid just under $100 with DHL shipping included from Hobby Genki. It was $95 for me before tax and shipping from P-Bandai and they usually charge $10-$15 for shipping for me so it was still cheaper for me to pay in yen. It was still expensive and I only saved like $20 but, hey, every penny saved and all that I guess.
>>
>>11131881
It wouldve been like 111 for me at HG, with the exchange rate at that time, before shipping. There was a sitewide coupon at the time for free shipping too which helped in my decision since fuck p bandai flat shipping prices. Those fucks shipped my digimon mat in a huge box with 95% empty space with a curled up unboxed mat inside.
Mind you im speaking of the tai ver, i wanted the og ver but i couldnt commit to it since I already had the ver complete.
>>
>>11130888
It's alright
I like it because I owned the original as a kid
The gameplay is braindead
>>
>>11131905
Ah, with free shipping that makes a lot more sense why you went that route. I get ya.
>>
>>11131843
Utter madness to even ask this. Get help.
>>
File: 1711968804869311.png (357 KB, 327x436)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>11131931
Well that and I wanted the card in eng. I paid the US price for the dscanner CSA just for the card too unfortunately.
>>
>>11131946
So do you have an answer or not? It's more worth it than the previous releases like the ver Complete imo.
>>
>>11131946
One machild trash is another manchild toy
>>
>>11131976
Didn't this game die already? Pretty sure bandai didn't even mention it on the sales report and instead shilled dbz and one piece card game.
>>
>>11131579
>Bandai just doesn't know how to make this franchise successful anymore
Nah, the issue is that Bamco uses Digimon as a testing ground. Just look at how the VB and card games turned out adding shit like kamen rider mha and making one piece and dragonball tcgs using Digimon's gameplay as a base.

Also
>tfw only one Digimon kit this year
>tfw no xros kits ever
>>
>>11132073
They're still making it but you can tell they don't give a shit about it since sellers don't get POS shit for it like they do OP and DB.
>>
>>11132079
Being a Digimon fan is suffering but we get what we can.
>>
>>11132073
No. Infact it has grown in JP somehow.
>>
>>11132106
Lol it has declined to the point of irrelevancy in japan. Their flopped branchout to china and korea was it's last dying breath.
>>
>>11132102
Tell me about it, I just want an Amped Ulforce to go with my veeboys but it's getting increasingly more unlikely with every passing day.
Maybe a Wargrowlmon too.
>>
>>11132119
This. Bandai murdered it with DBZ & One Piece TCGs. Both of which are 10000% better anyway. Digimon had the worst looking cards of any TCG. It's a complete mystery how it even held on for this long.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (63 KB, 640x480)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>11131579
My God, you're right. My warmest memories were all carried by the first series. All I really cared about were how all those little monsters turned into bigger menacing versions of themselves. I didn't care about how further they'd evolve, I was watching a cool action cartoon with articulate monsters that wasn't padded by yelling, charging or some other forms of repetition for the next 18 minutes. The only other series I cared about was Savers, while the others were just filler to me. I also want more Savers merch again
>>
>>11130888
It looked cool until I saw the price and jesus christ, for that much you could almost get a second hand Nintendo Switch. No one in their right mind would buy that thing except a really, really autistic Digimonfag. It’s 2024 and they still can’t sell an LCD toy with a colour screen at a reasonable price? No, thanks

If I ever want a vpet, I’ll stick with the old ones with crappy calculator screens
>>
>>11132477
yeah the one piece one looks really nice. Digimon TCG was just so bloated. The new cards looked worse and more soulless than the 90s ones. I didn't even bother with it and I never seen any game shop ever selling it anyway.
>>
>>11133134
>The new cards looked worse and more soulless than the 90s ones.

Okay, now you're just blatantly bullshitting. The artwork for the cards is one of the best things about the TCG.
>>
>>11133173
it's all furry bait and looks like shit
>>
>>11133250
not even that the cards are cluttered and ugly. The 90s one is still the best looking one. This new one was soulless and thats why it died.
>>
>>11133078
>for that much you could almost get a second hand Nintendo Switch. No one in their right mind would buy that thing except a really, really autistic Digimonfag.
But anon, I've had a Switch since release.
Both batches of the regular color one sold out super fast so plenty of people found value in this thing. It's expensive for what it is, but if you're used to buying japanese nerdy things it's really just the same as always.

In my case I can't stop smiling each time brave heart starts playing when they evolve so money well spent.
>>
>>11133173
Hes shitposting. Literal numbers released less than a month ago easily proves that hes lying, thats why i didnt bother replying to him.
>>
>>11133565
Literal numbers huh
>>
>>11130893
Digimon has a better story and monster designs. Pokemon designs went to shit after the first couple generations. Nintendo and Game Freak don't even try anymore because they know the Pokemon fanbase will buy anything they put out at this point.
>>
Because it's 125 bucks dude
No way in hell I'm paying that
>>
File: GUlauNhWMAADy95.jpg (264 KB, 1536x2048)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
You think they might actually release extra colors for the 25th due to its popularity?
>>
>>11134624
Maybe, they are made to order so there is little risk for them.
>>
>>11134624
Oh I forgot Bandai was at the Tokyo toy show

Guess there was no Digimon news lmao
>>
>>11134624
I kinda doubt it judging from how much Bandai seems to outright hate Digimon, however at the same time, the Digivice Color was incredibly popular and sold out both runs within days of the solicits going live, so maybe?
>>
>>11134624
Sora color version! Piyomon is avenged!
>>
>>11131843
NTA, I actually preordered through zenith while knowing it is a shameless wallet squeeze of nostalgia digi-adults with more money than common senses
The outside? same basic design as previous revivals (how many times have they brought the same old devices back?) just a bit thicker
Insides? vey basic electronic game with decades old tech, sprites recycled from vital series, downsampled sound files.
And that special edition booklet? screenshots and sprites printed, that's it, as low effort as can be
and yet me and many many other suckers looked at all that and went "yep, this is worth the asking price + gaijin tax" because Digimon fans have battered wife syndrome.
See you all for the release of the D-Arc Color, maybe by that time those bandai fucks will throw us a bone and add actual card reading functionality (their Gyrozetter toy had it, but maybe Digimon just isn't worthy or something)
>>
>>11134624
I'm so slow, I can't believe I just noticed that the row below the Colors are the test models for the Ver.15th.
>>
>>11140977
I guess I meant more in how is it a waste compared to the Ver Complete? Of course these things are ridiculously overpriced yeah, but if I recall correctly, the Ver Complete was slightly more expensive and it was literally just the old LCD toy, sprites and all, with extra content from Tri and Last Kizuna. At least the Color feels more worth it in that it brings all the same features that the CSA devices have while still maintaining similar gameplay to the old pedometer toy. I'm not as bothered by the reuse of the VB sprites either so maybe it's just me.
>>
>>11141385
>I'm not as bothered by the reuse of the VB sprites either
Me neither as I don't even own a Vital Bracelet so they look new to me, but several of them needed some changes. It's just pure laziness on Bandai's part to not remove WereGarurumon's tail or change Angemon's hair from yellow to orange so they actually look like in the show.

Pretty dumb too to see Togemon launching a boxing glove after it says "Chiku Chiku Bang Bang", too.
>>
>>11131284
>$120
why?
>>
>>11147418
Because Bandai are evil bastards and know the fanbase will shell out big bucks for Adventure nostalgia.
>>
>>11148468
I await the day we boycott Digimon that it just disappears. I'm sick of the tamagotchi focus. And i hope the novel flops
>>
>>11148472
>I'm sick of the tamagotchi focus.
I don't care about virtual pets either but that's exactly what Digimon is.
>>
>>11132002
NTA but $120 for this is extremely steep for what is essentially a $15 digital watch. For $120, you can buy a fully-fledged handheld game console that could play most digimon games that have ever been released. Hell, you could even get that for $60-70 these days.
>>
>>11130888
What's even the point of these? Why don't they just make it an app?
>>
>>11148878
The point is being a digivice. You know, the thing from the show?
>>
File: lmao.png (610 KB, 771x597)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>11148468
people who buy bandaislop in current year deserve to get scammed
>>
>>11148878
>Why don't they just make it an app?
Nothing wrong with the current products, but that Bandai have never made a phone app to care for and collect Digimon is mind boggling. The Digital Monsters have really not advanced along with the rest of the world when they used to be ahead of the curve.
>>
>>11148959
No, I don't buy bandaislop.
>>
>>11133891
Digivolve and seethe
>>
I hope they do the pendulum X color next
>>
>>11148472
I love the tamagotchi focus Im literally buying them all, they are by far the best part of the franchise.
>>
>>11148472
I'm done with digimon for good. It's all money grabs and low effort trash and the people who are still around are just autistic fatso. I'm honestly sick of it all. May this whole franchise just die for good (more than it already has)
>>
>>11149303
I still want to see a Pendulum Progress Color, as unlikely as it would be.

>>11148472
>>11149658
You could always just not post here. Go spend time on something you actually enjoy instead of whining.
>>
>>11149658
Bye you wont be missed. Im so happy vpets/toys are king again in this franchise and are selling great, its the reason I was ever interested in digimon to begin with 20+ years ago
If you were into digimon for the anime or games yeah no wonder you are tired those havent been good in so long. You should had left long ago buddy this is vpet town.
>>11149714
I think its very possible they will make a progress color too
>>
>>11149781
Judging how popular the color devices have been, I could definitely see them continuing the trend with something like the Pend Progress. I'd buy it.
>>
>>11149714
>>11149781
>seething this much about someone not giving a shit about your dead franchise
kek keep pretending it's not dead and retarded. Nobody gives a shit about these gay tamagochis.
>>
>>11149877
Sure anon whatever makes you happy. Im seething at all the product Im getting. Well my wallet does hurt though.
>>
File: 1594816154346.jpg (61 KB, 1024x609)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>11149879
I cringed enough you didn't need to double down. Digimon is dead. TCG flopped. Games flopped. Shows flopped and guess what tamagochi shit flopped the hardest. I know you are that store faggot just shilling shit but I doubt anybody believes your shallow samefagging.
>>
>>11149883
Yes anon its all dead. You can go away now.
>>
>>11149884
>s-stop talking about toys unless you shill it
you can cope all you want but it won't change how pathetic and delusional you fags are
>>
>>11149891
>>11149886
go be a retard somewhere else
>>
>>11149897
No anon, seriously. Answer the question. Why even enter a thread about things you dislike? Why not just hide it and move on with your life? Are you really so starved for social interaction that you'll settle for this? I genuinely feel sad for you.

To keep it Digi related, the PenC's wave 2 release in just over a week, can't wait for mine. I also just managed to unlock Angewomon on the Digivice Color, I just need to unlock HolyAngemon now to get Veedramon.
>>
>>11149883
tcg really is dead. Them catering to chinks was the last attempt to save it but it killed it everywhere else AND china. They are focusing on dbz and one piece now. Digimon wasn't even mentioned for future plans and that anniversary was so cheap and pathetic I'd bet money for them to retire the franchise as a whole soon.
>>
>>11149891
Nah, he just has no life and is determined to make this board a living hell since he knows the worst he'll ever get is a 3 day ban. He uses all the same buzzwords he uses in a bunch of the more popular generals.

I do wish we got some more figures and kits, though. Pretty sad that I have to look to the bootlegs of resins that have been popping up on Aliexpress for new Digimon. You would think one of these companies would've made an action figure of Skullgreymon by now.
>>
>>11149907
post what you got instead screenshots anon
>>
>>11149921
Looks like he doesn't own any. Dead franchise afterall.
>>
>>11149906
>tcg really is dead
Ex-07 out this week, pre-release tourney is gonna be fun
>>11149900
>PenC's wave 2 release in just over a week
Very excited, picked up a Virus Busters, then I have a Wing Guardians coming in from Zenin's second pre-order
>>
>>11150454
I dont really like the roster of virus busters, Its the only pendulum color Im not getting
Although the color of the shell are very nice
>>
>>11150520
I'm all for angels, so it was a must buy for me
>>
>>11150522
Yeah but angewomon was already in nature spirits and Id have preferred Ophanimon over Quantumon
At least it Dominimon is very cool
>>
>>11150520
I'm an Agumon boy so I'll get whatever roster has him on it. Was tempted to get Metal Empire too and may still end up caving, but I'm trying to limit myself to only one Color device per wave since they're so expensive.
>>
>>11131579
>>11132079
>>11133056
I don’t necessarily disagree with you about digimon being harder to market, nostalgia-dependent, or serving as a testing ground—it can be difficult to figure out what other things are going to be forced down audiences’ throats so that your own company can corner a market on their attention span and whatever trends are oversaturated vs leave a vacuum, especially when that audience is children without their own disposable income and an ability to drop a few bucks on a whim

But also: the problem, and the downstream effects of it, are bigger than that.
Digimon and several other franchises will do better if a different company obtains the rights to them; we’ve had almost nothing but nostalgia pandering of other 80s and 90s franchises, the majority of which dictated to enough kids “hey, this thing your parents used to like is cool and you want it now” to stay relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jurSJbMWpgY

I just want more grotesque cyborg monster alien dinosaurs having slice of life shenanigans with young characters and evolving when said characters experience a moment of personal growth and overcome their traumas.
>>
Anybody know what this adapter is? Did somebody remodel one of those old Wonderswan adapters or is it something new I missed?

https://x.com/sagittaright/status/1836432966765174985
>>
>>11161171
Uh, I also want to know. I found it really funny that the Digivice Version complete could battle with my old western release digivices and spanish D-Terminal (it was also great to unlock evolutions fast, but on the Digivice Color VS battles don't count for that anyways).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.