[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Mezco Junkyard Joe.jpg (382 KB, 1500x1500)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
A thread for the 1:12 Collective figures by Mezco.

New Figures:
1:12 Junkyard Joe
1:12 DC: Nightwing
1:12 Dick Tracy: The Blank
1:12 SDCC TMNT: Casey Jones
1:12 SDCC GI JOE: Commando Snake Eyes
>>
File: ghost spider shipping.jpg (120 KB, 720x626)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>11137415
Ghost Spider (Spider-Gwen) has begun shipping as well.
>>
>>11137422
Duke and Silver Centurion Iron Man should be charging and start shipping soon as well.
>>
>>11137415
How are Mezco figures? I don’t own a single one, they’ve always seemed kinda overpriced to me and the cloth goods often look bulky. They do give you a lot of cool accessories though.
>>
>>11137468
They're great as overpriced accessory packs. For instance, I bought Superman for the 7 heads, the Black Mercy flower which my Mongol holds, the Phantom Zone Projector for my Zod, and the Kryptonite collection for my Luthor.
>>
File: IMG_9034.jpg (198 KB, 828x817)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>11137525
That Superman isn’t even really that bad honestly. The soft goods aren’t too bulky and even so add to the classic feel of it. What figure did you put your accessories with though?
>>
File: Art__scaled_800.jpg (122 KB, 800x800)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Wish they'd hurry up with the preorders on this guy
>>
>>11137770
I wish it looked like the promo, I might've grabbed it.
>>
>>11137987
Most of Mezco’s horror stuff looks great. If you have the money, it’s a step up from NECA and even come with more accessories. It’s just do you wanna pay double or almost triple the price.
>>
>>11137468
They’re the definition of hit or miss. When they nail a figure its some of the best stuff you can buy in this scale; for example their Popeye, Conan, Dick Tracy, and TMNT are all great and no one is really going to try to tell you otherwise unless they’re just mad they couldn’t afford them. But for every one of those there’s 2 marvel/dc figures that look awful. Their superhero stuff isn’t all bad, but the majority of it is and its most of their output.
>>
>>11137468
>>11137996
This guy is more or less correct except I wouldn't be as generous with the ratio. Absolutely hit or miss. Their good figures are favorites of mine across the board, and I'm not a big fan of 6 inch figures. But I've purchased 50 or so Mezco figures since they started doing their one:12 line and have sold off 40 of them due to issues with the figures.

Putting aside looks, because I think most of them *look* pretty great and I wouldn't ever order them if I thought they look shitty in the first place, they can have a ton of frustrating issues. Lots of accessories that figures that come with 10 hands still can't hold correctly- ie a knife that's too tiny. They'll have things that go on the figures, like grenades or swords on belts or something, that fall off super easily if you move the figure at all. Sometimes they'll come with neat accessories that were designed for another figure originally and they don't even work with the figure they're now coming with (belt hooks made for Conan that also come with Death Dealer to hold his accessories but there's no where to attach the hooks). There's also things like cool light up features, but some figures have the buttons in easy to reach places (back of head, back and you just press) but others have them underneath shit, where you have to disassemble parts of the figure to get to them (???). Overall just a lot of finnicky bullshit that erode what should be a very enjoyable experience.
>>
>>11137996
I'm a little mad that I skipped their TMNT set, I didn't think it would end up being as good as it was. Oh well. I gotta agree with you though, when they nail a figure, they really fucking nail it. I'd throw Chris Reeve Superman up there with the others you listed.
>>
>>11137415
The main issue with Mezco is the bodies, they’re way outdated for the price you pay. Especially when the whole point of cloth goods is that they shouldn’t hinder articulation. Otherwise though, they look really good usually, some duds here and there, but seeing photos and videos a lot of them are great.
>>
>>11137987
Why does this guy seem to have toys from all the main companies? I didn’t think those movies were all that popular
>>
>>11137996
>>11138374
Gonna echo these.
>>11138393
To be fair, I don't think very many people thought the TMNT figures were going to be anywhere near as good as they are.
>>
>>11137468
I've got like 20 or so. They range from some of the best figures in my entire collection to some of the outright worst. Like people mentioned, Popeye, Conan and others are standouts. But then for every amazing figure you get several dogshit ones. Their superhero stuff is really hot and miss. Like their first DKR Batman that kicked off the line is what initially sold me on these figures and for a while I did think they were fine. Their accessories being some of the best in the business, Punisher has guns with removable magazines and working slides. That's impressive. But then they started getting a little too big for the britches. A lot of their earlier super hero releases had a particular style to them that people dubbed Mezflair that added extra details and what not to existing costumes. They later turned around and started doing more classic inspired versions of these same figures but at a much higher premium markup. Most of these classic style figures were released in what would've been considered the PX or deluxe version when they kine first started by having a ton of accessories, but with a more stripped down version also available for a cheaper price. Then they just started outright increasing prices, like everyone else, to a level I just don't find to be worth it for 99% of the stuff they make now. Plus they keep pushing back highly desired figures in favor of pushing out their OC donut steel Rumble Society bullshit that no one actually cares about. Couple that with shit they've been doing from day one like faking promo images with Photoshop to make figures look or do things things the final product couldn't, and I just can't be bothered anymore. It doesn't help that other companies are picking up the slack and actually producing figures that can compete. Some third party companies really have got the cloth goods thing down way better than Mezco does and it's kind of pathetic.
>>
>>11141295
I'm on board with the first half of your post but their OC stuff is 99% of what I buy, I don't need or want more superhero slop that have 500 other versions of figures.
>>
What ever happened to Fluffy ?
>>
>>11141504
What is fluffy?
>>
>>11141674
The Cerberus dog from Harry Potter I believe
>>
Bump
>>
>>11141355
x2, I like their OCs a lot
>>
>>11141674
The Creepshow crate beast they teased years ago, it was known as 'Fluffy'.
>>
Looks like Gotham by Gaslight Batman is getting a reissue. Anyone got him? He looks pretty good, I’ve never read the story though.
>>
File: Mezco beetlejuice.jpg (422 KB, 1528x1528)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
Also Beetlejuice went up, looks good. Pricey at $155 though, but you do get a nice spread of accessories.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.