[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 09435-6603-M-4ww.jpg (336 KB, 2048x2048)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Hey, anons. I'd like to add some missing paint apps to some of my figures. I saw these at hobby lobby for $2.70 a bottle and wondered if any if you have had experiences with them. Not really looking to spend major dollar on citadel and vallejo since I wouldn't be using them that often or need high quality touch up. I've use regular craft paints on figures before but Im hoping these have a better adherance.
>>
>>11141427
You might try /tg/, specifically the /wip/ thread, because they know a lot about painting stuff.
>>
>>11141427
Why doesn't it stick to the plastic bottle if it's meant for plastic?
>>
>>11141769
anon I’m not going to explain how paint works I’m just going to tell you you’re dumb
>>
>>11141427
What's the figure and where are the damaged spots.
>>
>>11141814
the reissue vintage TMNT figures, playmates skimped out on a lot of the og paint apps.
>>
>>11141427
didnt know folkart was doing more then just craft paint
https://youtu.be/8qsqCfj8ilY?t=1100
It still doesn't look like its any better for action figures, as most craft paints are without a basecoat
>>
>>11142457
I went ahead and grabbed some primary colors. So far I am happy with it for what I wanted to use them for. Seems to stick to the figure plastic much better than the regular folk art. Dries to the same sheen as the rest of the figures paints apps. Going to let them dry for a week at least to really make sure it cures properly.
>>
>>11141427
these are fine, I have to water them down to get a smooth finish, lots of thin coats
>>
Use primer first.
>>
>>11141878
Paint markers from Michael's.
>>
That's actually what I use for my model kits, since I'm mostly just touching up the metal parts that look like shit if you leave them grey.
I use an eyedropper to get just enough water in to thin it out, since you need to layer it on thin over a few days.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.