[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I miss when he reviewed stuff other than statues/collectors items
>>
>>11144994
He still does review toys? Although he mostly reviews 1/6 stuff with the occasional 1/12 Mezco
>>
>>11145003
Michael Crawford, he’s been collecting toys for a long ass time and has a huge collection. He puts out text reviews on a weekly basis.
http://www.mwctoys.com/
>>
File: mwctoys reviewer.jpg (77 KB, 600x903)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>11144996
Best reviewer online.
Has an absolutely massive collection, since he's his website has been doing reviewers since probably 99. This also means his website loads instantly, because it still web 1.0.

He mostly collects higher end stuff, but he used to also review GI Joes and Marvel Legends. It gives a good glimps into the past, as he also dates his reviews and how much a toy would cost buying it from Target and websites. He takes a good amount of images, so there's a lot of comparisons and poses. He also used to do "true scale" photos, so that the toy would appear as big as it does on your screen, but who knows if that still works.

Also, for the new reviews, he posted them incorrectly. He forgot to put the "a' at the end of the numbers for the URL. So it should look like http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-081924a.htm instead of http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-081924.htm

pic of Captain Toy himself at SDCC at the Square Enix booth. Grizzly and old as fuck.
>>
>>11144994
Holy fuck this unlocked a memory.
I used to go to his site all the time just to check out pics of all the new cartoon toys. I probably would not have even started collecting if not for this site.
There was such an era of high-quality collectables back then, it's no surprise he's not really interested in basic figures nowadays because there really isn't a lot to go on.
>>
>>11144994
He still does
>>
>>11145007
Cool
>>
>>11144994
I liked his Butt Ugly Martians review

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.