[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 600.jpg (206 KB, 800x800)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
What are the best bootleg action figure companies?
>>
>>11145841
Ok. :)
>>
SHF
>>
China
>>
>>11145840
Is the one in OP pic a good one?
>>
>>11146480
I've got that one and it's just as good if not better than an SHF.
>>
File: Baiwei TW1030.jpg (263 KB, 960x960)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
Baiwei make good Transformers bootlegs. Their version of ROTB Optimus is vastly superior to the official.
>>
Ali express. Check the reviews for popular KO's they will tell you if they are decent KO's or not. There is alot of good 3rd party KO/Bootleg stuff on Ali express and Im currenlty going trying to buy everything I want. CT toys has 2 spidermen releases that are getting alot of praise. The Black on in the OP photo and the 2099 Spiderman is also very good quality. CT Toys Agent Venom is also very good as well as the Revoltech 2.0 Deadpool KO's. There are KO RG Evangelion copies of the original kit going for 23 dollars that are identical to the Bandai RG. This is just some of the stuff im waiting to arrive. There is even more transformer 3rd party stuff I want to get theres a ton of good stuff on Ali that isnt just Bootleg trash like in the past.
>>
>>11146480
Very good. I think Brickaway did a good photoshoot reel of it posed, seems very smooth and flexible.
>>
>>11146480
It’s so good every reply in a CT toys tweet feels like India with all the broke people begging them to make bootlegs of other figures.
>>
Really surprised there isn’t a bootleg general.
>>
>>11146480
only issue is that it scales smaller than the original. but as a figure on it's own, i am not sure you can get anything better for 15$ from any company
>>
>>11155512
Same goes for the Agent Venom, probably even more so.
>>
>>11146529
I bought this and I got an OP-01 fuckikg chinks
>>
>>11145840
I'll agree with the CT people. I've gotten some bootlegs in the past, and the AY ones were decent, but even they randomly broke, but my point is that bootlegs never feel satisfying to own. I got the CT Agent Venom and it's very close to the real deal. An excellent value at around 23-27usd.
>>
>>11155657
>but my point is that bootlegs never feel satisfying to own
The best reason to buy a bootleg would be having a base for custom sculpting. The new bootleg Symbiote Spidey and Agent Venom are the only ones I’d own just to have as actual figures.
>>
>>11155666
Agreed. Ideally one would own the real deal, but for things like customs (or replacement parts) and effect pieces, the typical trashy bootlegs should work decently well.
>>
>>11145840
KO RG EVA 01 got delivered today. Apparently this is an exact copy of the Bandai RG for under 20 dollars. Its identical to the original apparently. Sadly they only have done unit 01 but my 01 shelf dived and I was going to use this for spare parts but I think Ill just build the whole kit since its just as good as the original.
>>
>>11155657
Agreed, CT black spiderman , 2099 spiderman and Agent Venom all feel very satisfying to own as they are solid figures at a fraction of the price of the original. I have to admit these are probably the first bootlegs that I dont feel dissapointed with that are actually KO's/copies and not factory seconds. Agent Venom is crazy how good close they got to the original , besides some slightly sloppier paint and paint differences and softer spikes it is such a good representation of the original including all the accessories it comes with.
>>
File: 20240917_235617.jpg (1.88 MB, 2169x3779)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
KO RG Eva 01 is a very good copy of the RG Bandai kit. 20 bucks it's worth it. Only had a couple fitment issues where the pegs were too big for holes to join some pieces and needed to be trimmed. Very minimal issues overall.
>>
>>11145840
Besides "CT Toys" there's really no company making exact copies of already existing figures
>>
>>11145844
>SHF
To many QC issues and bad sculpts lately, i wont mention shiny plastics and lack of paint... at least in Dragon Ball line, no idea how it looks in others.
>>
>>11145840
This was an eye-opener for me, as it made me realize how much I dislike their sculpts. I had this guy in my cart for like $20, I'd heard from everyone it was great quality, and I found I still didn't want it even for that price.

I really like what Mafex is trying to do with all these classic comic designs in theory, but their proportions and sculpts are so weirdly bad. This Spidey buck in particular has always bugged me. I can't stomach it, even for $20.
>>
>>11155666
>The best reason to buy a bootleg would be having a base for custom sculpting.
I actually buy a lot of McFarts just for painting practice.
>>
>>11159670
What's wrong with it? Too stylized? Not stylized enough?
>>
File: 20240917_234747.jpg (1.84 MB, 2134x3385)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>11159664
Also not sure how or why they decided to copy this kit. The runners are definitely not exact copies of the Bandai ones. The tolerances and peg and hole sizes are all slighlty larger than the original but work together fine just don't mix abs match well with the original kit. The color injection molded eyes and horn are also included.
>>
>>11160010
I think he dislikes the sculpt and proportions but I thi both are great on said figure.
>>
Does anyone have a link for legit ct toys figures?
Apparently there's bootlegs of them, double bootleg
>>
>>11160409
Damn I thought it was an unspoken rule for chinks not to bootleg other chink products.
>>
File: 20240918_171515.jpg (187 KB, 1080x1719)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>11155512
In pic-related's case a little smaller isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd be pretty happy if it ends up scaling better with SHF and similarly-sized imports.
>>
>>11160409
Just goto Aliexpress and look at the user reviews. The legit CT KOs ( what a weird sentence) all have lots of user ratings and reviews.
>>
I got a Deadpool 2.0 from Ali and I'll post pics later but It's not good enough to feel like a satisfying purchase even though it was 18 dollars. The sculpt and joints are really good but the paint is really bad and very sloppy. The accessories are also trash and look and feel super cheap.
>>
>>11160465
Found this one
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005006597765839.html
>>
>>11160439
So that anon that said this was fake was wrong? CT Mafex Wolverine?
>>
>>11160540
>CT Mafex Wolverine?
Yup.
>>
>>11160642
Nice, it looks great so far. Do we know if it'll be yellow or brown, or multiple versions? Maybe even X-Force.
>>
Is the CT red and blue Spidey really unpainted or are those all just preproduction images? I'd get him if he was colored appropriately. Also does anyone have the CT Gwen? Is she decent?

>>11160642
Any release time frame?
>>
>>11160439
This is an easy gimme. Just don't fuck up the colors like Mafex did. If they really want to show them up, they could include several different swappable claw styles. I like it when KO companies do stuff like that, solving problems that the original manufacturer refuses to.

I would really like it if they could broaden his chest and bulk up his shoulders, but I guess that would be too much work to remold all those pieces and re-engineer the joints.
>>
>>11160658
I think they said it was gonna be the yellow and brown suit
>>
>>11160010
It's kind of difficult to describe, honestly. It's a lot of things that matter to me, but the standard person probably would not notice. The lines they chose to highlight in the sculpt are extremely weird looking and almost random in places. They are not the choices I would make when emphasizing musculature. It's like someone who is a really good self-taught sculptor but never formally learned anatomy. They are also not consistent, why is his torso sculpt so soft and smooth and almost doughy when the muscle definition in his arms and legs is cut razor-sharp? The shapes just don't look right to me overall, he looks thin and reedy in a bad way.

Also special mention for the hands, which have always been terrible. Mafex cannot sculpt good hands to save their life. They lack any sort of dynamism, the fingers look like limb noodles with no knuckle indications and the poses are halfhearted and weak looking. They are also too small. They should be at least 150% that size. For a crash course on good hands, compare the hands on Mafex Miles and Sentinel Miles. Sentinel knows how to do a proper hand.
>>
>>11160649
There seems to be talk of a tigerstripe release after this one, but take that with a grain of salt.
>>11160652
>Any release time frame?
Not that I've seen.
>>
File: CT.jpg (325 KB, 1429x1429)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>11160652
Apparently the red and blue Spidey is coming out sometime next week. Also to answer your question, it’s properly painted.
>>
>>11160745
Was never a huge fan of the Mafex Spidey, but it's cheap, and if it's high quality then it's still a good character to have. I'll wait for reviews and hopefully it's another good one. I just have the AY Venom which turned out excellent, and have heard good things about the black suit Spidey, but also some less good things about others.
>>
>>11160745
Wonder why all the photos I've seen have him all red. Any listing on Ali yet?
>>
>>11160767
I’d say the best course of action is to wait a bit until the reviews with pictures start cropping up in Aliexpress listings.
>>
File: chinkyquinn.jpg (98 KB, 800x800)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Just out of curiosity, has anyone picked up one of the KO Revoltech Harley Quinns found on eBay & Taobao? Are they any good? I'd like to support Revoltech, but I don't feel like paying the $150+ rape prices of an official Harley on the secondary market.
>>
>>11160652
CT Gwen doesn't look that great unfortunatetly. Its not terrible but its not at the same level of the Black Suit or 2099 Spiderman. The paint is kind of sloppy from reviews I saw of it on Youtube.
>>
>>11160745
If it looks like that and has the same joint and plastic quality as the Black Suit this will be an instant buy. The wolverine looks really good too.
>>
>>11160439
Where do you find info on what CT is up to? If they keep this up I'll be grabbing a lot of their stuff. I kind of want their Gwen. Hope CT gets around to doing the Mafex Venom. I already have a good KO of him, but I'd like one from them too. I have the comic black suit Spidey and their Tobey. Both great and the unmasked heads are well painted for considering the cost. Tobey is kind of a toonish realistic version of his likeness. Only problem I've had with either of them was the neck for Tobey. It was really stiff and in my attempts to loosen it the peg broke. Was able to hobble a fix together by removing the peg and using a tiny screw in its place. A little blue tack for extra friction and it works just fine.

>>11155512
Thankfully for me I'm not too caught up on scale. I prefer six inch and don't mind if they're an inch taller or shorter. So slightly smaller ko's, or the odd decent McFarlane are fine to me. I bought the ML movie Carnage and really like it. I'll just consider it a stronger Carnage variant.
>>
>>11161034
>Where do you find info on what CT is up to?
I got the pic off Instagram. They have a Twitter, but supposedly they deleted the Wolverine post, presumably to draw less attention to what they're doing.
>>
>>11160786
I’m tempted to get her for the extra faces for my red and black Harley, but she seems pretty rough looking overall. Another option is to wait for a secondhand listing.
>>
File: IMG_4631.jpg (1.7 MB, 2160x3840)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>11160786
Found some pics in the wild. The hair looks pretty rough and the bubblegum is malformed but she looks fine.
>>
>>11161405
That looks like a terrible custom.
>>
>>11160409
Bootlegs of bootlegs... wow.
>>
>>11160652
I ordered a CT Agent Venom and Gwen, but I’m using the Gwen for a custom Mania. I’ll report back, assuming this thread is still up.
>>
>>11161429
She’d make a project for anybody decent at painting once you strip off all the blobbiness.
>>
The best bootleg toys ever are KO Masterpiece Transformers. Some of them you can barely tell the difference from the real thing, almost identical. Personally, I am super fascinated with all types of bootlegs and particularly how they are produced. Wether they are QC rejects, secret batches, stolen molds, remolded ect. I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering where the bootleggers just getting started get their plastic. I bet they lie and have hasbro and Bandai order way more plastic than they actually need
>>
>>11161448
>where the bootleggers just getting started get their plastic.
Some may use recycled plastics from other products, which can be melted down and remolded. This naturally is not ideal.
>>
>>11161452
I figured this. Even tons of major toy brands use recycled plastic. I have speculated for years that Funko Pops are made of recycled medical waste.
>>
I actually think bootleg toys are a major unexplored rabbit hole. Its literally impossible that some executives at the big companies are secretly in on it. The bootleggers are getting tons of plastic and steel from somewhere and it definitely isn’t free. There are moles at hasbro and bandai getting these guys their plastic. Probably a huge reason these companies are bleeding money that is totally kept in the dark.
>>
>>11161458
>Its literally impossible that some executives at the big companies are secretly in on it
It’s impossible that they ARENT in on it*
>>
>>11161458
It would explain why prices keep jacking up.
>>
Aren't there online suppliers that deal in bulk plastic for molding?
>>
>>11161458
They all buy plastic wholesale from the same or similar dealers. Toy companies don’t develop their plastic in house, they buy it from a business in China who has formulated it specifically for action figures. A company may be able to get exclusivity on certain plastic formulation or colours with enough money but I doubt any of them want to shell out, so most good figures across the board from Chinese factories are made of similar plastic quality and stability.
>>
File: IMG_4633.jpg (27 KB, 375x500)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Feeling tempted by bootleg Asuka. Anybody got any decent resolution images, all Aliexpress reviewers seem to use a potato to take pics.
>>
>>11161439
I like this thread I hope it stays alive I feel like a bootleg or KO general could actually survive if CT toys and others keep upping the quality.
>>
>>11161994
Figma KO's have always been pretty bad in general I dont know about that on in particular because I have the legit Figma of this Asuka and its not kind of meh. The boobs are just hollow flaps its a weird figure.
>>
This is honestly a pretty good thread and I move that we should have a bootleg general.
>>
>>11162141
There just isn't enough material to sustain it. Bootlegs come out at random, there are long dry spells, and 95% of what's out there is total garbage. There are only a handful of outliers, and we can't keep talking about the same few figures for many threads.
>>
>>11162274
>95% of what's out there is total garbage.
That doesn't stop us from talking about the legit stuff.
>>
>>11162278
yeah, but what I'm saying is, you can't keep talking about the same 10 figures for eternity. I've been buying bootlegs for over 15 years, and most have literally gone right in the bin. I did not even consider them worthy of passing onto someone else for free, they were that bad. I kept accessories from some, but again: most are trash, and I would not encourage someone get into buying bootlegs unless they are aware of this. Taking a chance on a "new" and untested bootleg is like rolling a die that's weighted against your favor, it's almost always gonna turn out bad.
>>
>>11162274
>>11162278
>>11162303
Also, I would really beware of trusting reviews on these things. A lot of them are by people who have never owned a legit figure, because they consider them too expensive, so they have no measuring stick for what "good" is. They will call the smudgiest, shiniest paintjobs good because the paint is there, and it's vaguely the right colors. Only trust reviews when it's clear that they are written by a seasoned collector who knows what the figures SHOULD look and feel like.
>>
>>11162303
>I did not even consider them worthy of passing onto someone else for free, they were that bad.
I was cleaning up a bit and was considering donating a number of items and I came to a couple bootlegs and those were more or less my same thoughts. "No one should own this".
>>
>>11162315
I've felt like that about a lot of BST stuff. Just screams bootleg. I don't know how they're still around or how they have so many licenses.
>>
>>11162311
>A lot of them are by people who have never owned a legit figure, because they consider them too expensive, so they have no measuring stick for what "good" is
This is a very good point. The best way to sell a figure to me bootleg or otherwise, is if someone is good at posing it. I found pic rel in an aliexpress listing for a bootleg Raiden.
>>
>>11162368
More like Gayden.
>>
>>11162368
Aside from his bad looking right arm and knees bowing out too far, it's not that bad of a pose honestly. It has solid foundations, the straight arm cocked wrist sword draw with head lowered, and feet in a close together 90 degree stance like a ninja.

I've seen far worse, this can be tweaked into a good pose.
>>
>>11162369
yes we were all in third grade once jimmy
>>
>>11160745
This guy is out now anyone buy him? There arent any reviews yet but hes only 23 dollars I might just just order one. The preview images look good and appear to be of the actual figure.
>>
>>11160745
Those elbows look really janky.
>>
>>11162311
I know and I also dont think there are enough actually "good" KO's to sustain a general yet. The really only ones I would consider actually good buys that arent kits are the CT Agent Venom and Black suit and 2099 versions. The upcoming CT Wolverine and the new Spiderman that just released also look like they could be on the same level.
>>
File: ctsm1.jpg (57 KB, 935x746)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>11162402
looks like the same joints on the Black suit which are basically copies of mafex elbow joints. I think it looks good and for 23 dollars its priced lower than a Marvel Legends.
>>
File: IMG_4635.jpg (90 KB, 541x1302)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>11162055
Very true, but newer bootlegs are getting better and better. The crappy review pics show it being able to pose really well, but there’s no clear view of the face and paint quality. Plus possible headswapping onto a vaguely similar schoolgirl body.
>>
>>11160652
CT Gwen is horrible and I fucking bought two of them
do not buy
>>
>>11162880
You bought a bootleg to keep in box? :/
>>
>>11162967
no i thought i got unlucky with the first one, but the second one ended up only like 1% better and was still shit
her arms fall apart too easily
ct symbiote, 2099 are great
miles is slightly better than gwen but also feels shitty to me
i think its just shf being ass overall lmao, the figures are too small and bootlegs are even smaller which leads to them being more fragile
>>
>>11163004
Per your summary, 2099 is an SHF that's good, Gwen is an SHF that's bad, Symbiote Spidy is a Mafex that's good, and Miles is a Mafex that's bad. Seems to be luck of the draw based on that.
>>
>>11163055
not the mafex miles, the shf one sorry
>>
>>11163004
>and bootlegs are even smaller
tf does this mean? Bootlegs are usually the exact same size as the original. Do you know how difficult it is to scale an object up or down if you don't have access to a file? It's not something you just do on a whim.
>>
>>11163105
ct toys bootlegs are smaller though look at any comparison video
>>
>>11163105
The main complaint with CT right now is that their stuff is a tad smaller than the actual figures they’re making bootlegs of.
>>
>>11163110
>>11163133
I don't own any of the CT Toys stuff, but I'm speaking in general. >>11163004 said "bootlegs are even smaller," as if it were a general rule of bootlegs-I'm just correcting that. Maybe CT makes slightly smaller bootlegs, but the vast majority of them are identically sized. Changing sizes is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>11163055
I think the Mafex copies and the AY copies are going to be generally good releases. Anything else is hit or miss their SHF copies do seem kind of bad compared to their best stuff.
>>
File: ej.jpg (70 KB, 491x734)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I know everyone is probably already aware but these have been all but confimed as legit figures just being sold by the warehouse. For 20+ bucks they are really good figures if you are into EWJ at all. The EWJ I got is great and has no issues except one small black smudge on one of his alternate heads eyes.
>>
File: 2b.jpg (123 KB, 802x743)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Deluxe 2B is also pretty much confimed to be factory 2nds and legit figure with just slightly less paint. Figured I bring this into this thread just incase anyone missed the other threads.
>>
File: CT Gwen.jpg (2.41 MB, 4032x3024)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
>>11161439
My Gwen and Agent Venom arrived. Haven’t opened Venom, but the moment I took Gwen out of the box her “diaper” piece fell apart and so did the waist piece that connected the legs. As you can see from pic rel I haven’t snapped the “diaper” pieces together yet because I wanna put shock oil in the leg joints first. Luckily nothing seriously broke, and the waist piece was able to be snapped together. If I wasn’t accustomed to building model kits I would’ve shat myself.
>>
>>11163459
I hear the assembly is different but somehow a bit better, too? No point in using the other thread because that one schizo is camping in it.
>>
>>11163672
Doesn’t look bad at all. How’s the human head?
>>
File: Ct Gwen 2.jpg (302 KB, 1125x1447)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>11163677
About what I expected. As for the entire figure, I agree with >>11163004. The figure is lanky and feels fragile. The joints are also REALLY tight which will definitely be a serious problem if you don’t have shock oil, which I heard was a problem with the actual SHF Miles and Gwen already. I don’t have problems with the arms, but I sure as hell did with the waist.
If you aren’t going to use this as a custom base, you should pass on it.
>>
>>11163676
the skirtless bottom torso is assembled better and has less gaps than the original
>>
>>11163672
im used to putting a little work into my KO's if they require it this one really doesnt look too bad. The paint and sculpt seem to be decent enough. Sounds like you will be able to easily glue together the parts that werent connected properly and have a decent figure. I might get one of these I actually thought it would be worse.
>>
>>11163672
how was the paint on Agent Venom? Ive seen some that looked really good and some that were alot sloppier so it just seems to be luck of the draw. Im getting Agent Venom next and noticed CT now has a white Anti Venom variant out with the color scheme reversed.
>>
File: trash.jpg (211 KB, 984x664)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>11163714
i'd sell you this garbage if i could
if you do get it i hope you'll reply with "man you were right it's hot trash"
>>
>>11163716
They even made a custom box for it, which is pretty neat. Also yeah, I'm interested in hearing how Venom is too. I already own a legit one, but an Anti-Venom version would be cool to have.
>>
>>11163725
Aw dammit, I didn't realize they were going to make Anti-Venom too. I'll probably end up with both I guess.
>>
>>11163725
Wait a tick, I don't know anything about Anti-Venom so I didn't realize until just now: he has no spikes. They must have cut all of them off and tried to smooth it out. Uhhhh....not sure how to feel about that, it looks kinda ass to me. Especially the shoulder pads.
>>
File: CT Agent Venom.jpg (1.31 MB, 1125x1436)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>11163725
I’ll let you be the judge. But yeah it probably varies from copy to copy. The lenses on my copy are a bit misaligned which might drive me crazy at some point.
>>
>>11163742
>removed every spike but the goofy knees
Oh, Chinese bootleggers.
>>
>>11163750
Sculpt and paint looks alright, but how are the joints and durability and shit? You know, the stuff that really matters. This is an AY (bootleg) after all, people expect to be posing it a lot.
>>
>>11163724
OK that looks worse than what was previously posted lol
>>
>>11163762
>but how are the joints and durability and shit?
Nta but joints are tight on mine and articulation is smooth. No issues with any breakage so far, and it certainly feels solid like a regular AY.

Even ignoring CT, certain AY bootlegs seem to be really good, particularly thinking about Black Panther who I've never heard anything bad about. I'd assume the materials are potentially shit.

>>11163742
I appreciate the effort compared to the other generic bootleg just painting it white, and it does look a bit goofy with the lumpy parts. I definitely want to see more, and making it a bit more unique like this also makes it feel a bit more worthwhile, even to people that own the real deal.
>>
>>11163742
"Trial painting test sample. More painting details and modified joint color will be added to the large-volume products. For reference only." - Google Translate
>>
>>11163773
I do own the original and still kinda wanna get both CTs. The Anti Venom just because it's kind of a unique piece as you said, something that doesn't exist in legit form, and the normal one just for more effect parts and stuff for my normal one. Plus that DLC Venom head, which I couldn't afford for real haha. Now I'm so glad I didn't overpay for that.
>>
>>11163773
>compared to the other generic bootleg just painting it white
You mean this one? Curiously, this also seems to be made by CT. Looks like it's made of solidified cum. Or moisturizing hand soap. Take your pick.
>>
>>11163762
There comes a point where a joint being TOO tight becomes a problem and that’s my copy right now. This thing is fighting back when I try to move the legs or the left bicep swivel. Honestly I prefer this over the joints being loose as fuck because I have shock oil to make it a tad looser if I want, also the ball joints on this figure are thick as fuck so snapping doesn’t seem like a possibility. But yeah, it’s solid as fuck especially after messing around with the Gwen.
>>
>>11163784
I saw someone that claimed it was from CT, but there's no mention on the package, right? And per that picture above, though I don't know where it came from, it indicates that nothing has been made yet. There's another AY Agent Venom bootleg with the same packaging art as the original, as well as other AY, and that's where I'd guess this one came from. The iridescence on that one is pretty funny, but definitely doesn't fit what should be a stark and bright white.
>>
>>11163784
That's the final version of CT Anti venom and yeah the white is a weird silvery white thar looks like dish soap Im probably gonna get it I dont hate it.
>>
>>11163796
That's the CT all the Aki Express user reviews look like that iridescent hand soap white
>>
>>11163818
>>11163820
Nvm I think I'm wrong. There are no reviews of the CT one yet with no spikes. This a copy of a copy done in iridescent white.
>>
>>11163796
I got that from a listing you can buy right now, labeled as CT Toys. Probably not them, but it's understandable that people think it is when even the listings say so.
>>
>>11163829
Wild that they've made enough of a positive impression that bootleggers are pretending to be them by using their name.
>>
>>11163725
shidd I'd be all over an AY agent anti-venom
It's such a no-brainer redeco and they didn't do it for either venom
>>
>>11163870
Agent Anti requires pretty extensive remolding. I kinda doubt AY would do it when they've left far easier repaints on the table. Thankfully, CT seems to have picked it up as a passion project. Hopefully the final looks better than that proto.
>>
File: CTTobeys.jpg (284 KB, 1331x956)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
The first CT Tobey I got turned out to be painted like Andrew Garfield. I bought another but this time made sure to check reviews and see if people had gotten the normal silver painted Tobey from the seller. While inaccurate the Andrew colored Tobey is kind of neat. Like a stealth or wet version of the normal color scheme. Another oddity I noticed after receiving the normal Tobey was that Andrew painted Tobey had smaller shoulder joints. Like they used Andrew joints on the Tobey body. Makes me wonder if this wrong colored one is a KO of the bootleg.

Both articulate well though the correctly painted Tobey had a very stiff neck. Dunno if there was any fixing it properly but in my attempts to do so the peg broke. Put a tiny screw in there and some sticky tack and it works well enough now though seated a hair lower than before. I mention it in case anyone decides to grab him.

Even being screwed on the color the first time and buying a second, it was still much cheaper than buying the original or the upcoming Mafex. If you want a better Tobey than the ML at a cheaper price even then yeah pick one of these up. Just be sure to check reviews as other anons have said and look for the properly colored ones.
>>
>>11163870
I just want a normal Eddie Anti-Venom with good articulation. The selects version looks good but it can't move worth a damn. The ML is just a basic buck that looks too plasticy. Like compare Knull Venom to their old Anti-Venom and it's awful.
>>
File: 20240921_123408.jpg (1.62 MB, 2228x3572)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
Deadpool 2.0 that is being sold on Ali Express. It's decent for a KO joints are all good quality. The scuplt is good but the paint is very sloppy. The accessories are bad. I'd recommend for custom fodder or if you just want a cheap functional deadpool AY copy. I have the legit 1.0 so I skipped on the legit 2.0.
>>
>>11164945
The sculpt confuses me. The fabric is tight enough to clearly show his muscles, yet there's folds everywhere.
>>
File: 20240502_235125.jpg (2.04 MB, 2520x3360)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
Dasin. Their Ukitake was pretty damn impressive for $40. If a bit too tall possibly. 5ktoys just put it on sale. They might've cleared house of it.

I want their Aizen, Gin, Hollow Ichigo, and Speed O Sound Sonic.
>>
>>11145931
>>11159051

China is essentially selling you factory rejects or, best case, over-production that the manufacturer was told to destroy but that someone at the factory decide to post online and profit from.

Someone recently posted a bunch of Superpowers on EB, I ordered the Peacemaker by himself as a present for someone who liked the HBO Max show but wouldn't spend $30 on that 3pack since it was $9.99 with free shipping. It looks perfectly fine except when you pose it, it's missing some paint on the top of his ass. Since it was EB, I got my money back, not sure if I am going to give the present away, I might try to fix it for him.

But I presume these were factory rejects - because they are being sold LOOKING new but without card backs and the ones that come with capes (or accessories like Aquaman's trident or a Lantern power battery) are missing those.
>>
>>11162832
Two things,
>The crappy review pics show it being able to pose really well
Are you sure they aren't taking pictures of the actual figma they used to clone the bootlegs from?
>but newer bootlegs are getting better and better
Is this actually a new bootleg? Is the subject popular enough to warrant new bootlegs being made?
I'm not telling you not to buy it, but these are questions you should always keep in mind when shopping around for bootleg figures. Like everything else in life, if it looks too good to be true it might well be, and never drop money on a price you're uncomfortable with losing. Have fun and, as always, no refunds!
>>
>>11165129
It looks like a suit that is too big for him, but was vacuum sealed to his body, so it's really tight but there is excess fabric bunching up. desu it's just a stylistic thing though, comics do this all the time. Kind of like how comic book artists love to draw boobs under spandex as individual and round, when in reality it kind of turns them into a flattened uniboob.
>>
I dunno, I think we could handle a bootleg general judging from how this thread is going.
>>
>>11165178
They’re buyer pics from Ali, the listing had some reviews from one that arrived broken and another with a fucked up neck so they seem legit reviews. It’s just the reviewers all seem to have shaky hands or potato cameras and take really blurry up close or low def pics.
>>
>>11165248
This is because this is the first thread so there's a lot to discuss right now. Stuff like this tends to peter out because we run out of stuff to say and bootlegs are not on any sort of schedule (especially decent ones), so you might go 6 months to a year without a worthwhile release to talk about.
>>
>>11165248
At least wait until CT Toys makes more shit and gets some competition.
>>
>>11161439
post the mania custom somewhere, i'd love to see it
>>
DX 2b PAK is bootleg of the year alongside CT Agent Venom
>>
>>11165288
I agree the threads seem to lose interest and then always die. I feel like there is alot of KO or Bootleg stuff that isnt discussed at all tho. 3rd party or KO Gundam stuff. The 3rd party building block scene is getting pretty crazy too.Transformers KO's and 3rd parties are enough to sustain a general but thats just because of the fanbase. Maybe if we put all the other stuff besides the TF 3rd party stuff under a Bootleg KO general it might work? I dont want to create it tho someone else should try soon.
>>
>>11166149
Post whatever you feel like and if it gains traction then people will talk about it. This thread is fine for this purpose for now.
>>
>>11166149
That stuff stays in their own respective threads because interest-wise it's pretty different and not suited for one universal thread. Bootleg/3P gunpla gets discussed in the gunpla thread, etc.

The only exception I can think of is Transformers, where 3P gets its own thread both because it's popular enough to sustain it, and because a lot of TF fans are really childish and screech if any 3P stuff befouls their "official" Hasbro threads. It's insane. Try mentioning any 3P stuff even in passing and they'll go off.
>>
>>11160518
Anyone know if those are legit CT Toys?
>>
>>11166788
yeah they look to be based off the buyer/review images.
>>
Everyone is talking about CT Black suit Spidey and ATSV 2099 but how are CT Deadpool and comic Miles Morales?
>>
>>11167198
CT did Deadpool? Which is it based on? Shf, Mafex, what?
>>
>>11167556
I don't think they did.

>>11167198
I've seen one review of Miles (just out of general CT quality interest) and the reviewer didn't much like it, though there didn't seem like there were many issues overall, but he said the quality wasn't as good as the black suit Spidey.
>>
>>11168066
Black Suit Spidey is black plastic with some white paint here and there, there really isn’t much to fuck up to be honest. Their new classic Spidey is what’s gonna determine if their paint has continuously improved or not.
>>
>>11168226
I think with paint, everyone kind of expects screwups on a bootleg. For example the AY Venom has solid paint, but clearly not a more high-end product. What's impressive, at least to me, is the quality of the joints and articulation, how it legitimately feels like the real deal.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.