[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

BST AXN bros
Did a DEI hire
do this ?
Or did they just run out of boxes ?
>>
This is one of those few times when I'd rather go Diamond Select.
>>
>>11150671
Freaking shit pic came out sideways
Sorry for being a retard
>>
BST TY EVR Y U NO LIKE
MAM NO DSLIK
>>
>>11150671
Their Lord of the Rings offerings were pretty bad and I'm not surprised it was limited to just a few figures. I think the worst thing about them is that we have the Toybiz 30POA figures to compare them to. Those are full 1/12 scale and the paint apps aren't even that bad for 20 year old toys. Comparatively, Loyal Subjects' toys are smaller, less detailed, and have very basic looking paint that doesn't do justice to how the characters look in the movies.

Diamond Select's figures are bigger than the Toy Biz ones which I think is a missed opportunity. And even though they released more figures than Loyal Subjects, their line was still a limited series, and despite the nice details you still get all the quality control and durability problems that come with Diamond Select.

I think the place where Loyal Subjects / BST AXN is finding a fruitful niche is their IDW Comics Ninja Turtles line. They're the only toy company who took a chance on it, and a lot of popular characters who first appeared in those comics are getting toys for the first time now. The articulation cuts are occasionally odd but the detail is overall good and a lot of the toys are bigger and more substantial than the other figures they've done. It's apparently doing pretty well because it's turned into an entire line which is a bit unusual for Loyal Subjects.
>>
>>11150674
pls rotate pic more
>>
>>11154357
>The articulation cuts are occasionally odd
More like all the time.
>>
>>11150663
>>11150674
This dude rotating his pics on the wrong axis.

>>11150671
I got...well most of the DS LoTR stuff and most of em felt *really* bad. Like trouble holding accessories, poor range of motion, awkwardly cut joints and just some sloppy paint work. The Orc and Urukai are kinda cool, but they have a lower standard of judgment being troop builder monsters.

>>11154357
How big are these BST AXN figures, like 5"?

How come none of these companies can legit outdo figures from like 20 years ago? Like, I like the Toybiz LotR, but they were not without their own problems. But these newer figures just feel worse in so many ways.
>>
>>11162190
Yeh. I think a few are 6". I have the bigass Krang that's 8. It's ok I guess, the joints are crap, but it is a big robot anyway I guess, and there's some glaring oversights like you can take the Krang out of the robot body but it still has sculpted tentacles on the controls.
>>
>>11162192
>but it still has sculpted tentacles on the controls
That's just lazy.
>>
>>11162190
It really pisses me off that we can't just get a revival of the old LOTR line for the collector market. Do a couple waves of 6" scale figures with better articulation and detail, maybe a couple big creatures, and then call it a day. That would be enough to make me happy, but of course there's probably a lot of hesitation about whether or not to commit to an actual toy line.

The good news is there's a pretty thriving customization scene for ToyBiz LOTR figures. The detail on the originals are pretty good and they made 30POA versions of a lot of the characters eventually, since that was around the time that 30POA started becoming the standard for 6" figures.

>>11162190
5" is basically the standard size for BST AXN but there are some exceptions. The IDW Ninja Turtles are built a bit different. The turtles in the comics are supposed to be shorter than an average adult, so when they made the Shredder figure for the line they made him 6 inches tall, so he's basically the same height as a Classified Series GI Joe figure. Eventually they're releasing an IDW Foot Ninja army builder for the line and I'm curious to see what size that comes out as.
>>
>>11150663
It's DIE* not DEI
>>
>>11162456
Hell, even start with The Hobbit stuff.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.