[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>The World of BIONICLE
Media: https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/
Story: https://wallofhistory.com/
Wiki: https://biosector01.com/

>Building with BIONICLE
Sets: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=273
Studio: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page
Guide: https://bioniclerebuilt.wixsite.com/fallingstars/studio-guide-v2

>Archive: https://archive.palanq.win/toy/search/subject/%2Fbiog%2F

Previous: >>11129283
>>
>>11160646
hey that's not a bionicle
>>
>>11160703
It is, look closer. It uses Bionicle pieces.
>>
File: Makuta Foam.jpg (97 KB, 499x1061)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
So why is Dawn bad?

(Also I use hand sanitizer at my desk space often before rinsing. Do alcohol fumes and vapors right next to my sets harm the plastic? I’ll probably just move that shit into the bathroom and buy another Teridax)
>>
>>11160923
Who says it's bad?

Dish soaps are designed to rinse off completely. Dawn is probably the best at that, because some of the cheaper stuff sometimes leaves a residue that you can taste. Never had that happen with Dawn.
>>
>>11160938
An anon in the last thread and the only before recommended a list of other soaps to wash Lego with, saying Dawn was risky to use in comparison and never elaborated on why.

I bought some Seventh Generation like he said but it’s not the unscented one so eh
>>
>>11161082
oh, that "natural" bullshit? meh

All you want is for the soap to wash off, taking everything else with it. That's it.
The worse it is for your skin, the better, because it's stripping your skin of its oils and other shit you want soap to take off when washing. That's what you want when cleaning plastics. You want it to take everything off.

Don't use hand soaps, because those impart moisturizers and other stuff you don't want on plastics. They won't affect plastic, but anything left behind will cause streaks and attracts dust.
>>
>>11160923
>So why is Dawn bad?
She's from the worst Pokemon game and she's just kind of a rehash of May in the cartoon
>>
>>11161090
Alright, cool!
Haven’t used any hand soap but I globbed some Seventh Generation all over that mask and it seems fine. Some might’ve gone into the hole on the front but leaving it in some warm water should get it all out.

Sorry about the dumb questions. I’ve been pretty cautious since I used to fuck things up with harsh chemicals trying to clean them as a kid.
Doesn’t help that the Lego Movies would have scenes with stuff that looked like either neat methods of removing prints or cleaning sharpie marks and at least one of them in reality will melt the piece
>>
>>11161120
>>11161090
>>11160938
Hopefully OP will take your soap recommendations into account
>>
>>11160730
oh it does have a few my b
>>
File: E8KZO0aE88E[1].jpg (206 KB, 720x1280)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>
>>11161682
>not fatdaka
>>
File: Sidorak sucks.jpg (34 KB, 301x264)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Man, the sort of Darth Vader-esque respirator look is really awesome on paper. Why does Sidorak have to look like he’s sucking on a pacifier like a baby?
Also are the eye holes in the head piece supposed to be his nostrils? I thought the tubes connecting back into his head were supposed to get oxygen to his brain faster or something.

His movie design was dumb for giving him a mouth but I guess it fits his character that he looks like a clown
>>
>>11160646
are there instructions for the figure in the OP?
>>
>>11161682
sex hahahaha lol LMAO SEX
>>
File: veloctoreb.png (93 KB, 853x376)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
Remember what they took from us.
>>
>>11165238
>CCBS
good. bring back the old bionicle pieces
>>
>>11161120
The natural seventh generation stuff should be fine for plastic. But for rubber (krana, kraata) it is best to do water only. I have heard that soap will be bad for the rubber long term although idk how severe it is if you do a good job rinsing it off.
>>
>>11155715
If any residue is left it could perhaps long term degrade the plastic a little. Just rinse it off well if you haven't yet
>>
>>11165840
Noted.
Rubber is pretty impermanent either way so I probably won’t lose sleep over messing up with those anyway.

>>11165848
>perhaps

I’ll just buy another and make this one someone else’s problem. It’s not worth the paranoia of letting a “tainted” piece mingle with my stuff.
I noticed Dawn had denatured alcohol in it, which was also in the Febreze that gets sprayed in the house all the time, which led to Googling each ingredient like a psycho to find out which is bad, wondering if all of my collection has been fucked already and I’m just over it.

Best to just enjoy my shit while I have it. There’s a sealed Takanuva in my closet, (no box or Ussanui, just the toa in the parts bag), and was thinking of opening it and putting him together sometime. It’s meant to be played with
>>
>>11165238
That format sounds ideal with the rise in prices, the main heroes need to be available at cheaper prices. Given the timing, did CCBS SW replace this, or is this just the point where they canceled CCBS. Would be cool if someone could find the archived work, assuming this is true and that much work was done on it.
>>
>>11162550
I never saw his face as a passifier, but I never couldn't see the eye holes in the metru head piece as his eyes over the pieces that are supposed to be his eyes. It doesn't help that later matoran sets used metru heads without a brain piece, making the holes officially eyes.
>>
>>11166443
This.
Always looked like he had retarded police sirens on his head.
The movie-style MoCs for Sidorak look amazing for fixing the head design
>>
Was at a little toy expo today and saw some Bionicle in the wild for the first time in a while. 3 different Rahkshi, the black Visorak, a Lehvak Kal (which sold quick, I kind of feel like I missed out, especially since I never had a Bohrok Kal), and the Kaxium V3. All used, aside from the vehicle with their canisters. Was cool to see them.
>>
>>11166041
The two most likely possibilities are, that it was either a work in progress theme that they cancelled because they cancelled CCBS altogether, or either it was just some made up bullshit.
>>
>>11166877
I'm thinking the latter, honestly. I'd like to believe it, but there's also no sense since it's dead and gone. If it happens to be real, they could probably bring it back in the current SCCBS format. It doesn't need to be Bionicle, though sure, it could be, I'd like to see new character builder theme. I appreciate Lego but the sets don't tend to interest me too much. Or even Exo Force, since mechs seem to be such a big thing now, though I guess it'd be more or less redundant with Ninjago.
>>
>>11166860
Shame you missed out on Lehvak, he's my favorite Bohrok. The silver elements look great with the green.
>>
>>11166895
Especially sad because Lehvak was my first Bohrok. My mom bought it for me one day on her way back from work, so it always has a special place for me. That said, I had assumed I got a bum figure since the claws weren't mirrored, but who would have guessed, Lehvak is just all left hands.
>>
>>11166885
Yeah, I like current Lego pieces, both system and technic. Like those small SNOT pieces and those technic connectors that came out around the same time G2 was released. They are extremely useful for MOCing. But yeah, actually idgaf about the models and the sets themselves.
>>
File: ingredients .jpg (710 KB, 1284x1611)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>>11160923
>>11165840
>>11165848
FYI for anyone taking the all-natural anon’s advice; don’t use Seventh Generation.
Their scented dish soaps are full of strong essential oils like D-Limonene that’re known to act as a solvent with ABS found in Lego parts. It will scar your parts and make them brittle.

You’d be better off with Dawn. All their scents are artificial and aren’t the real essence of shit that melts plastic.
Whoever recommended it can go dip their collection in acetone
>>
File: 7717-1.jpg (49 KB, 378x445)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>11160646
Bit of a silly question, but are the various Bad Guys with Rahkshi heads meant to have pearlescent from Rahkshi or the "dull" ones from Rahaga? Interested in Kraatu too I suppose but since he was never released and even so was meant to come out before Rahaga, I guess he needs the Vorahk-head?
>>
>>11171764
Bricklink says it’s the rahaga version, but it was probably meant to be the 2003 piece on the bag.

Good Guy is similar in that the weapon piece on the packaging is completely different
>>
>>11167241
>>11166019
Alcohol and oil make up so little of the overall soap that it'll do nothing to the plastics (as long as it's thoroughly rinsed off).
I mean, you can use acetone straight from the bottle onto your plastic, but it takes a while for the acetone to react with the plastic. I sometimes use it to to wipe off paint apps i don't like using a soaked qtip or toothpick and then washing it with soap when im done. Shit like styrofoam will get nearly instantly dissolved, but hard plastics like abs or acrylic don't.

Small contact is fine, especially with a soap that's so watered down it doesn't do shit. And dish soaps are designed to rinse off completely.

Still, i'd choose Dawn over most, just because it's a better dish soap. Cleans like it's supposed to and doesn't leave any residue behind.
>>
>>11172571
I don’t know. I’ve tried a tiny amount of acetone on a Q-tip to remove a print from a piece before (hated double-sided minifig heads as a kid) and there was some yellow on the Q-tip afterwards from some of the plastic being taken off.

I’d assume the nail polish remover in The Lego Movie was based on the alcohol version instead of the more common acetone variety that just turns plastic into mush.

I agree that dawn is the best as long as it’s colorless stuff like their foam. I never liked the blue dye they’d add to refill sizes
>>
>>11172716
Was it noticeably damaged though? You can take pigment away without affecting the surface and you generally want to be quick about it too. Just remember to wash it off, because anything left over will eat into the plastic. So I've never had a problem after i figured out how long it takes for the surface to start melting.

If you're really fearful, dab the qtip on paper before to take off excess that would otherwise run off onto the surface. It's also why i like using toothpicks, because there's not a lot of excess acetone.

Also, never seen non-blue Dawn. Maybe I ignore it, because the blue one is all i look for. Dye won't do shit, because again, it's meant to rinse off completely. I like using it to wash my hands because of how easy it is to wash off, where even the scent comes off, unlike handsoap.
All other dish soaps are shit compared to Dawn, despite effectively being the same shit. They take longer to rinse, despite not actually getting your dishes or hands cleaner.
>>
>>11160646
Do you like the designs equally? Even with most of gen 1 I often think "wtf is this" rather than "this is cool af".
>>
>>11172882
As far as designs go, everything from Voya Nui onwards is more or less gen 1.5 since they changed everything so drastically and everything after that was based on it
>>
>>11171764
it's the "newer" '05 colour
also
>Rahaga before Voya Nui
pls do elaborate
>>
File: IMG_0673.jpg (28 KB, 488x488)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>11172802
Yeah, it’s finished got rough like sandpaper. I probably wouldn’t take a chance with it again.

Clear Dawn is a thing, but usually in bigger store chains like Target. It lists the lack of perfumes and dyes as a selling point so it should be good
>>
File: 1727639478801255.jpg (201 KB, 1024x666)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>
>>11176965
it'll be system so I kinda don't care but will still buy it because Bionicle
>>
>>11176965
My uncle too works for Lego
>>
>>11176965
Still waiting for some new evidence. As long as masks are unique pieces I'd be excited for what we could potentially get. If not a theme, would be cool to see more Bionicle as random sets, even Brickheadz. Lego is sitting on a lot of themes that have fans, I'd think some sets based on the various characters, even as one off sets, would be popular.
>>
>>11177925
>even Brickheadz
Ew
>>
>>11176965
Here's your G3
>>
Just finding out cryoshell made a new song like a year ago. It's pretty good, the lyrics truly feel like they are talking about mata nui
>>
>>11177954
The Ideas one looked pretty nice and is what made me say that.
>>
File: Essenger.jpg (433 KB, 1536x2048)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>11178403
The lyrics are almost entirely about Makuta Teridax. Most of Essenger’s genuine Bionicle content is usually centered around his favorite character
>>
File: THE LIGHTS CAME ON.jpg (531 KB, 1284x2224)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
Reminds me.
It’d be dope as fuck if someone set the chorus of “As Above, So Below” to 30-second character spots for each of the Toa Nuva like Lego officially did with their Ninjago Rebooted and Bionicle Heroes marketing. They were raw as hell
>>
>>11181383
I'd plap that femboy's bussy but ONLY if he plays bionicles with me before and afterwards.
>>
File: Masks of Power.jpg (431 KB, 1284x724)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
On one hand, Masks of Power looked like it would be the best and most faithful fan project Bionicle would ever get.

On the other, members of Mask of Destiny bitched and moaned over the Takua 64 guy for following Stonetoss on Xitter so fuck em
>>
>>11185180
its dev team is full of deranged trannies
shant be playing
>>
File: BtG_GBA_Cover.png (1.97 MB, 1474x1472)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
GBA version of the 03 game probably didn't come with Chronicler's staff like the big boy console versions? I don't think you can even fit one in a GBA box?
>>
File: Jovan Magnetovic.png (250 KB, 507x539)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
It just hit me how intensely funny it actually is that we have a Toa/Turaga in canon whose name is just the fucking Serbian version of "John".
>>
>>11188272
What's the right ratio of body to weapons for most dudes? If you slap too many oversized weapons on a model it sarts looking like a mess. I especially hate when they pose with both a melee weapon and a massive shooter, dunno maybe it's just me.
>>
>>11185180
"Near homelessness"

Translation: I don't have a real job and mommy threatened to kick me out.
>>
File: IMG_1161.jpg (193 KB, 831x1080)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>11188083
Gameboy Advance games were all packaged in extremely spacious and wasteful cardboard boxes that leave 90% dead air inside. There is no way they couldn’t fit exclusive Lego pieces in with it like Konami including cards in their YuGiOh games
>>
Is she trans?
https://www.reddit.com/r/bioniclelego/comments/1ehx3q0/my_outfit_for_legoland/
>>
>>11188908
I'd have said most likely she is, but after finding her twitter I'm convinced she's a biological female.
>>
>>11188908
Why is a random redditor that important to you?
>>
>>11188979
Link twitter?
>>11189002
Because she loves Bionicle!
>>
found her fb :3
>>
>>11188908
>Based taste
>Loves dogs
>Asian

I would rather die alone than settle for anyone other than her. I’d do anything for her to be my wife
>>
>>11188908
her shoulders aren't 8 feet across so no
>>
>>11188908
If she is, then he was absolute manlet
>>
>>11189216
Send her a message :3 Or go to Legoland next time she goes and strike up a chat
>>
>>11188272
john bionicle kills the piraka and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>11189216
>>11189546
>is a professional artist

I can’t. I feel sick to my stomach from heartache. I hope whoever her boyfriend is knows that no other person in the world will ever have it as good. He’d be living something beyond dreams
>>
File: black guy.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
DuckBricks got access to old design documents with never released before prototypes again: https://youtu.be/p39aHq4W6VI
>>
File: 3.jpg (95 KB, 640x480)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Me when.
>>
File: 2.png (139 KB, 426x493)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>11190707
What could these files be?
>>
File: 250.png (108 KB, 250x282)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>11161682
I wonder if he still thinks about her
>>
https://youtu.be/a9t6Gs0d-hA

Storyboard Vezon is giving me Tumblr sexyman vibes
>>
>>11188908
She's definitively attractive
>>11191015
Where is the BTG beta build Faber, I know you have it
>>
>>11190707
These are actually pretty cool. I love reading the original prototype plans they had for the 2006-2008 story, and seeing just how the the story soon morphed into what we have today. The first plan with the Toa Nuva fighting the Toa Rana is probably my favourite of the planned stories. And the second story having 2008 set in The Shadow's Dark Heart, the city of the Brotherhood of Makuta, sounds like an epic climax that calls back to Takanuva's descent into the Kini Nui to challenge Makuta. Also a great way to bring back Takanuva and have him team up with the Toa Mahri/Akwa since he always felt like he fit in better with that team instead of the Toa Nuva
>>
>>11190707
I always love seeing the kitbashed builds. They have such an alien way look that almost no moccists can seem to capture.
>>
>>11190707
I don't know if the teeth look different of if it's the lack of eyes, but this looks much creepier than the final Piraka designs
>>
>>11189193
you're the one who asks out that one girl in the friend group, aren't you?
>>
File: danishslut.jpg (9 KB, 687x236)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>11191015
Probably nothing too stimulating
>>
>>11191756
>having a girl in the friend group
What are you, gay?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.