[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ukelele.png (332 KB, 315x377)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
What is the most touristy city on Earth?
>>
wherever your mother lives
>>
>>2641698
Even in the most touristy city you can find authentic and quiet, unspoiled areas if you know what you're doing, so really take your pic. It's all about how lazy you are.
>>
I'll list a few, you guys try to narrow it down to one:
>Las Vegas, NV, United States
>Honolulu, HI, United States
>Los Angeles, CA, United States
>New York, NY, United States
>Tokyo, Japan
>Dubai, United Arab Emirates
>London, UK
>Paris, France
>Amsterdam, Netherlands
>Prague, Czech Republic
>Cancun, Mexico
>Barcelona, Spain
>>
Antalya is up there
>>
>>2641722
>Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I've been there every year 1992 - 2002. At that time there was nothing except for bazillions small shops. Local museum was showing photos because there was no artifacts of any historical value. Probably
>Las Vegas, NV, United States
has more history to back up it's existence.
>>
Las Vegas and Gatlinburg Tennessee in the US would be my first tow picks
>>
>>2641722
>Tokyo.
Have you been?
It’s mostly low density government buildings.
Whitey forgets or is unaware “Tokyo” is 5 cities all smooshed together.
Of the 5 Tokyo city is the one least geared for tourism.
You should’ve put Osaka, way more believable.

This is a shit list for the simple fact many of your listed cities (I doubt you’ve visited a percentage of them) have people living there, industries, and are diversified.
They all seem to be ‘white’ with the exception of Tokyo & Dubai, which could reveal more about you than you realise.

The most touristy cities would be single use cities, for example Siem Reap. It’s only purpose is to serve tourists seeing Angkor.
Out of your list probably only Vegas qualifies, maybe, due to its purpose of delivering gambling/vice.

Even Paris wouldn’t really count, as it’s more a city with tourist attractions rather than just a solely tourist destination. Especially since many people globally are now aware the city is kind of a shithole and the France they imagined & romanticised is long dead.
>>
>>2641732
OP didn't ask about history.

>>2641767
If I wanted your word salad I would've visited your home (Reddit).
>>
>>2641722
Dubai. Hands down. Whole city is made as a tax haven and tourist spot with no history or culture of its own. I would say Cancun Mexico is similar but Mexico still has shit to offer in terms of history and culture.
>>
>>2641698
According to all stats I've seen, it's Paris.
>>
>>2641732
>Local museum was showing photos because there was no artifacts of any historical value
kek
>>
>>2641775
You’re right.
That guy is word salad, but you’re an even bigger poseur for posting in this poseur thread full of poseur garbage.
You’re as fake as the 304s on IG.
Americans should be banned from posting here, contribute nothing but cancer.
>>
>>2641775
>OP didn't ask about history.
City without history, that was build solely for the show, is more "touristy", as it doesn't have any other purpose. Whole premise of Dubai was to bring more tourists by building tallest skyscrapper in the world. And it work.

European capitals just happen to have all these old building who happen to attract tourists.
>>
>>2641875
Feel free to use a website based in your own country, subject to its laws, in your own language, and intended for users from your own country anytime
>>
>>2641722
Of all of these, Cancun.
I think a touristy city as the one that will just starve without tourism.
>>
>>2641698
1. Orlando
2. Paris
>>
>>2641698
Niagara Falls is a Potemkin village on both sides
>>
>>2641875

lol. literally this >>2641914

Non-Americans seem to forget the same websites that they criticize us on are entirely created and catered towards us.
>>
>>2641875
>Americans should be banned from posting here
More like the other way around.

They really need to make /us/ board for only those US IP addresses. The internet was so much funnier back before yuropoors got internet.

/sp/ is literally unusable nowadays because of all the fucking soccer threads.
>>
>>2641698
Its difficult question but I guess we should narrow it down to some common denominator, I propose amount of turist per amount of city citizens, but excluding cities that are resort spots (mostly smaller cities that are focusing on turiam as a main spurce of income/purpose), because they should have ranking of their own.
With that in mind I think Barcelona, Rome, Paris, Jerusalem, NY maybe London are in top of the ranking.
>>
Kyoto for sure. Horribly busy and overcrowded
>>
>>2642358
Should ban mobile phones. That would solve the entirety of non developed countries. Plus most kids only have phones. Double strike with 1 stone
>>
>>2641698
Venice.
>>
>>2641767
>Whitey forgets or is unaware “Tokyo” is 5 cities all smooshed together.
Tokyo is a prefecture anon
>>
>>2643940
You literally do not have to even leave the main historic city to find places where there are no tourists and two water bottles cost 35 cents. Ameritard group zombie moment.
>>
>>2641698
Objectively it's Benidorm, I struggle to think of a more touristy city, it's literally made to be a playground for drunk anglo tourists
>>
>>2641698
worst I've been to was Rome
>>
Tokyo was pretty bad tbqh
>>
>>2641698
paris
>>
>>2641722
Dubai, definitely. They serve alcohol in an Islamic theocracy. It'd be like if the Vatican had nun-themed strip clubs specifically for non-Christian foreigners or if Jerusalem had all-you-can-eat chicken bacon egg breakfast sandwich buffets readily available for amerifats.
>>
>>2648816
That is your main takeaway of Dubai being touristy? Not how it's straight up grotesque with the skyscrapers and pointless megaprojects?
>>
>>2641722
Orlando Florida
>>
>>2641767
>Even Paris wouldn’t really count, as it’s more a city with tourist attractions rather than just a solely tourist destination.
Shut the fuck up retard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.