[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I need to spend 2 months outside of the UK for tax avoidance purposes, this will be in August and September.
I've decided I'm going to go to France. Im close to Dover so it's easy for me to get there, and I'm going to take my motorcycle so I can do some touring and have transport.
I need recomendations for nice areas to stay.
I'd prefer somewhere semi-rural and not many immigrants and blacks, sorry if this offends you, it's just how I am inclined. My budget is £650 for accommodation so not somewhere very expensive.
Has to be less than 4 hours drive from Calais.
I'm grateful for any insights or advice on this matter.
>>
>>2642498
Just to clarify, £650 per month.
Also, very rural would be fine too, as long as there is somewhere to buy supplies.
>>
If you are planning to book cheap motels, you're taking a risk. Some can be shitty enough not to have a security guard even. If its the US or a big city junkies will infiltrate the place and they can be placed in gang crime area. Also they lie regarding the services and amenities since they dont give a single fuck.
>>
At that budget, you can't choose. You're probably going to be staying in a hotel F1 or B&B and you're going to have to move hotels 2-3 times.
>>
>>2642502
Is this an AI post?
I am going to France, not US.

>>2642503
Not true. On AirBnB there is many places (entire homes or studios) for less than £700 per month, there is even some nice places for around £500.
Rent is very cheap in france compared to the rest of western Europe. In the UK you won't even get a pot to piss in for £500.
>>
>>2642504
No, I just posted it because I'm scared shitless with the nigger filled hotel i booked. I wouldn't trust even France or whatever with the nigger situation, and I'm not being racist.
>>
>>2642498
>Has to be less than 4 hours drive from Calais.
Extend that to 6 and go to Groningen or somewhere similar in north Holland. Nice medium sized city, cheaper than Randstad and best of all you don't have to live in France.
>>
>>2642510
It's way too expensive. You can't even rent a tent in the Netherlands for £650.
>>
>>2642512
That's just airbnb though no? On actual rent housing sites I can see a lot of apartments on the smaller side in the 600s in euro which would save you some money, but if you're willing to spend all 650£(750€) you get a lot more options.
>>
>>2642513
But that's long term lease prices, you need to rent for 6 months to a year, and it's probably not available for non-residents anyway.
>>
>>2642517
Oh shit I misread it as something more than 2 months, my bad lmao. Still, you could try? Idk how flexible and willing to do deals landlords in netherlands are but you could always try offering something like the whole 2 months rent in one go plus like 50€ a month extra because of a shorter stay. Still cheaper than airbnb, more comfy than a shitty hotel(in my opinion anyway) and again, not in France.
>>
>>2642498
I would have advised you to go to Les Cévennes but it's quite, quite far from your location, and I'm not knowledgeable in this area to help you out.
>>
>>2642521
this is a good idea except i imagine in the netherlands it's much the same as the UK, where landlord have strict controls on how they let their properties, plus i would have to pay bills and local taxes ontop of rent.
airbnb seems expensive but you need to remember it usually includes all bills.

>>2642598
this looks lovely.
in fact, le pont du gard is a site i really want to visit. I didn't realise where it was in france until i googled your recommendation.
I think i can travel further for a place i'm really interested in, and this area seems to have a lot of important historical sites.

here's what inspired me to visit le pont du gard
https://youtu.be/DMpoGi1MckQ?t=445

thanks
t. bong
>>
>>2642498
Juts visit Normandy and Brittany
It's more than fine
>>
>>2642637
>inspired by Ken Clark
very based, anon
>>
>>2642498
go to rouen
>>
File: diagonale-du-vide.jpg (150 KB, 1536x864)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
pick a medium town in this area, maybe in Auvergne, you can see volcanos, close to lyon, toulouse, marseille, bordeaux

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.