[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Dubrovnik_-_Croatia.jpg (342 KB, 1280x829)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
Any advices or places to visit? I’ll be there for 5 days on a month
>>
>>2642650
Take the first flight to Zagreb and bus to Rijeka, and enjoy a far nicer city with 10% of the tourists and without albanians/arabs etc trying to rip you off at every street corner. My condolences if you're actually going to Dubrovnik.
>>
>>2642679
If you have money to blow, Dubrovnik is one of the best coastal cities you'll ever visit. We spent a week cliff jumping, eating amazing food, drinking lemon beers and hiking. It's busy from like 10am to 5pm in the city when the cruise ships dock, but it's chill in the evenings. I never saw a single scammer in the city the week I spent there last year in September. The food is fucking amazing. People bitch when they realize it's expensive.

During the day, you should get out of the city. Definitely go hike Lokrum Island. The best cliff jumping spot I've ever done in my life was in a cove on Lokrum called Golub Špilja. We had the placer to ourselves. There also a good cliff jumping spot in the city at the Buza Bar. You should also definitely rent Kayaks and go see some sea caves. The cave bar on the west side of the city was rad, but not cheap. There's a fucking flawless pizza place on that side of town called Pizzeria Papillon. If you want to splurge on food, eat at Rudjer. Or at least get drinks there. Pekarnica Pile had the best doughnuts I've ever eaten in life. We also had a really good meal at Konoba.
>>
>>2642679
Ivan couldn't afford Dubrovnik and got butthurt. lol
>>
>>2642650
Bistro Tavulin is great for dinner. I went there twice. Gotta have cuttlefish risotto when you're in Croatia, and might as well have it here. Barley and shrimps was so good, as well as their tuna salad, so fresh, large and tasty. Not the kind of things I'd normally order, but all delicious.

Even though it's small and not a lot of atmosphere, Glam Bar is good if you wanna drink high quality craft beer, like super strong stouts.
>>
>>2642679
lmao. no. do not listen to this person. Zagreb is a plain quiet kinda dull cheap imitation of bratislava/prague/ljubljana. def a skipper. rijeka is an industrial hell hole that is anthing but scenic.

he is right about the overtouristization of dubrovnik though but its stilll beautiful. so see cavtat
>>
>>2642740
This guy is right, but desu 5 days if far too much to spend in dubrovnik. You will get bored and annoyed by the boomer tourists in like 2 days.

The cliff jumping right under the walls is definitely pretty cool though, and I 2nd renting a kayak. Most of the good and cheaper food options are outside the walls. Overall it's a very beautiful city, there is a reason why it's expensive and filled with tourists. I thought it was worth visiting but I wanted to leave by the 3rd day. Same with split and zadar
>>
>>2642650
Croatia is so pretty. It's a shame it's basically the roman epstein island and in modern time is pozzed with negrids and party niggas.
>>
>>2643079
There are definitely a lot of good inexpensive places outside the walls, but there are some really good cheap places in old town. Check out Barba. You can get seafood for less than 12 euros and a glass of wine for 2. A doughnut and a sandwich at Pekarnica Pile would cost like 5 euro at the most. +1 for visiting Cavtat. That was a very cool little town and definitely worth a day. There is also a cheap bus you can take from Dubrovnik to Herceg Novi in Montenegro for a day trip.
>>
Also lowkey the bus ride from split to dubruvnik wad the most beautiful I have ever been on
>>
I went there on a low budget, and this are my tips.
>Bakeries can keep you fed, and supermarkets can keep you drunk for a low price.
>There are nice beaches around the city like at their waterpolo club, but i suggest taking the local buses to nearby villages to walk around and swim in the nature.
>Check dubrovnik but consider visiting makarska, it is small, cozy and a beautiful villlage. Had a great time there and met some great fellow croats having a beer at night.
>Ignore 90% of croatians, many of them do not deserve such a beautiful country and they have that slav attitude of "you are disgusting to me, you filthy foreigner". They are a bunch of sad people, sadly (their economy and politics are fucked ngl), but one in ten is an amazing person who is proud of their country and fucking based overall
>Dont. Go. To. Split.
>Consider visiting one of the many islands
>Pizza delivery is no that expensive in dubrovnik, consider it before paying double in a tacky restaurant
>>
>>2644920
Sorry repost, but also
>Carry cash with you before you get there, the atms are a ripoff all over the country.
>In most places you cannot pay with card, and they will hide that from you. Always ask beforehand and make sure to check your bill before paying, the tourist sector loves scamming turists.
> They have this traditional meat thingy, it was pricey and meh at best.sadly i would say that their cooking is so tourist-oriented that there are not so many traditional places to eat, so it is ok to stick to pizza, it is cheap, it is filling and they are usually almost as good as in Italy.
>Check out the end of the docks right below the city walls. You have a wonderful view of the sunset and many of the landmarks of the place. Carry a few cold ones with you for maximum comfy.
>For the love of god, dont go to the bars in front of the main bus station, there is a small shop, buy there. The guys there are scammers and rude assholes
Have fun anon, it is kind of a tourist trap but it is beautiful to visit.
>>
>>2642650
check out a day trip to Kravice Falls.
>>
>>2642650
>Dubrovnik
S R B I J A
>>
>>2646235
>Srbija

Turska
>>
>>2642650
Go to Çaber dum dum
>>
Is Dubrovnik a nice place to live for a few months or is it too much of a tourist trap? I don't mind being around some tourists but if everything and everyone is trying to scam me it wouldn't be as chill as I want. I heard they have a decent level of English so I was thinking of living there for a few months
>>
>>2646465
You aren't going to see scammers in Dubrovnik. It's too expensive for gypsies and nogs. It's a very chill city and literally everyone speaks English. I probably wouldn't live in the city for a more than a month because it's small and you would run out of things to do. You be better off traveling north up the coast and hitting different towns and cities along the way for an extended trip. There are a lot of ferries you could use for island hopping. The smaller towns are infinitely cheaper. My dream is to do the coast in a sailboat.
>>
>>2646499
Thanks for the advice friend. I don't think it's too small for me because I just want to chill, go to the gym, beach, get some sun and exercise.
Do you think there's a better place for this? I'm not tied to there it just seems nice.
I hope you get to live your dream sailing, sounds based
>>
>>2646526
Maybe La Spezia Italy. You'd be on a major train route and have fast access to the rest of Italy. There are some cheaper areas between La Spezia and Viareggio. I had a buddy who lived close to Viareggio in Lucca for a few months and he loved it. I love the Croatian coast, but for long term, Dubrovnik is going to get boring.
>>
>>2646545
Do they have a decent English level in La Spezia? Croatia has a decent level of English which is attractive

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.