[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: krakow.png (491 KB, 551x400)
491 KB
491 KB PNG
Going to picrel for 5 days next month. What do if I want to eat with and talk to Polish people and avoid filthy tourists like myself
>>
>>2643458
When I was there it was impossible not to run into drunk Britbongs. You'll eat and talk with drunk Bongs. It was only a couple of hours, but I can say the city is Prague-ish / Budapest-ish.
>>
>>2643458
>eat with and talk to Polish people
poolacks bearly speak english to be honest. even the young generation
>>
>>2643480
Good. I've been learning for weeks
>>
>>2643464
It was my first tourist city in a decade and I was shocked. It was full of people and literally nothing left of anything real. Felt like I was in a disney park or something constantly.
Then I just had to go a bit away from the tourist traps and it was ok but I didn't think things were that bad.
I actually felt bad about people having 2 weeks of traveling a year and spending all of them doing that shit.
>>
>>2643480
you're one to talk
>>2643506
>literally nothing left of anything real
except for the whole city
>>
>>2643506
>Then I just had to go a bit away from the tourist traps and it was ok
a fucking genius move, who could have guessed
>>
>>2643458
you go to a bar mleczny
>>
>>2643458
Foodwise I recomme Antler Poutine & Burger, it's kinda close to the main plaza (like 2 minutes walking distance), when I was there, the 500g of meat burger with poutine was 25zlt which is really huge value. It was tasty and juicy. Just my recommendation. This was 4 years ago though keep in mind
>>
>>2646268
Also you can't avoid tourists there, you'll overhear people talking in several languages as you walk around. There's a ton of Brazilians and British people there.
>>
>>2646268
I can guarantee you this is no longer the case. Eating out went ~80-100% up since COVID, the cheaper the place the worse it got. 25zł is about right for a medium kebab or chink takeaway now.
>>
>>2643458
Need to give more info on what you're looking for, the things you like, and what you're aiming to get out of the trip.

If you can't provide any of the above, then tourist traps are probably your thing.
>>
>>2646686
i'm looking for underrated but beautiful spots, maybe some you remember from your childhood
>>
File: 1703072856913090.png (1.07 MB, 984x567)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>2648742
Ok, here goes:

>Nowa Huta & Beksinski Permanent Exhbition
Nowa Huta is the 'communist' settlement which was built for steel miners. Feels totally different to the rest of Krakow. Watch the movie "Man of Marble" to contextualise this. Beksinski was a famous Polish painter who made fucking BLEAK works of art.

There's food trucks around the cultural centre, and you get a very nice view of the city from here. Great place to grab a beer.

A little further afield in this district is Zalew Nowohucki. A lake where people chill. The river's a bit shitty, but you should be able to book kayaks from near here, where you go down a stream to get to the main river.

>Podgorze, Kopiec Kraka & Liban Quarry
Krakow has various mounds around the city. A legendary king is apparently buried here. There's some pagan festivals around place for the solstices. You get the best view of the city from this point.
From here, you can take a path which leads down into the quarrry 'next door'. This is where scenes from Schindler's List were filmed (another film you should watch to contextualise Krakow). There's industrial equipment scattered around here to explore.
After, you'll be able to get into Podgorze - the 3rd touristy are after the old town and kazimierz. Here, there's plenty of restaurants and bars. (Spoko, Drukarnia

>Bikes to Tyniec (and Kryspinow)
Rent a bike and cycle up the river to Tyniec monastery. Decent little day trip. If you're comfortable on a bike, you can head round to Kryspinow lake where people chill in summer, and then cycle back down the other side of the river on a nice cycle path.

>Daytrip to Ojcow
National park nearby. Very cool location in a canyon.

>Daytrip to Silesia
Industrial region of poland, made up of shitloads of towns which have grown into each other. Takes about an hour to get there. Once there, you can visit mines, the Tyskie brewery (Tychy), etc.
>>
>>2648753
Bumping in case anybody needs/wants this info, or would like more.
>>
>>2643480
Tbh Europe as a whole is becoming more retarded everyday. I'm teaching english here and most people can't learn shit even after repeating something 100x times.
>>
>>2650416
I think it's because more and more languages are available on websites, apps and programmes. People don't need to learn English to watch their favourite show anymore. Which is a shame. t. ESL
>>
>>2650416
Where do you teach?
>>
>>2648753
awesome recs
>>
>>2650416
poland has the worst english in europe by far. young girls all speak it fluently cuzz of tickdick, but the guys and anyone older refuse to learn it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.