[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do you let others or things annoy you when travelling?
Or do you just ignore it.

If not, post examples

1. Americans asking questions in a museum (it will be a moronically stupid child level question of ignorance).
2. French/Dutch accent is heard nearby
3. Queue skipping
>>
File: 20240325_110217.jpg (3.48 MB, 2400x3200)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB JPG
>>2644997
>>
>>2644997
If it's outside it doesn't matter, I just move away and avoid masses of people anyway. It's really bad if you can't escape and worst experience was being stuck in a cable car with american tourists (loud) for 20 minutes and once in an elevator with french tourist for 30 seconds.
>>
>>2644997
>Queue skipping
In general or paying a little to skip long queues at museums and tourist destinations?
I do the latter all the time, there is no way that I will stand an hour or so in the sun with all the other plebs only to be able to buy an entrance ticket
>>
>>2644997
>Queue skipping
There there, one day you will realise that those people bought their tickets in advance.
>>
File: 0454565645.jpg (56 KB, 405x384)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2644997
The only ones that get me are:
-LGBTQP american people, they are obnoxious and intrusive (and don't exist elsewhere fyi)

-4/10 bitches travelling with their boyfriends and who will act very agressively towards everyone around. They also think they are the elite of instagram/jet set people while flying coach. I guess those dumb bitches never get out of their town otherwhise, or maybe they are particularly hot in their village... idk, i seem to meet this kind everywhere. The dudes they travel with always seem to be cool/passive.
>>
>>2645008
>don't exist elsewhere fyi
I've never seen as many openly gay and lesbian couples as I have in the European mediterranean countries and I live in northern europe in one of the supposedly "ruined by lgbt" countries.
>>
>>2644997
>waiter expects a tip
>>
>>2645008
>-4/10 bitches travelling with
Yeah they're always short too aren't they. Hate them. Bad look in theyre faces
>>
>at aiport
>hear these guys 200meters before see them
>push into queue in front of everyone else
>hhkku hyemmm hkkuhhhkkk loudly pissing entire airport off
>>
>>2645010
There are gays in Europe but unless it's a designated gay place they don't go around shouting loudly "Wow, i would so much suck the dick of that statue!", attention whoring and wearing a tank top and platform shoes while in a museum. But, that's ok if there's families around because "We in a foreign country, no one understands American, right?! XD".
I could back up what i'm saying with photos but i don't want to doxx people.
>>
>>2645017
Why the fuck are they like this? I thought it was a pol meme but turns out they really are uncivilized assholes. American Jews are fine but Orthodox anything and Israelis were literally the worst tourists I ever met.
>>
>>2645010
There's LGBTQ and then there's LGBTQ (American)
>>
>>2645034
>Why the fuck are they like this?
inbreeding
>>
>>2644997
>orthodox jews literally anywhere
>gypsies and bums
>loud, piss drunk british "lads"
>queuing for literally anything
>groups of local youths dressed in hoodrich or other stupid shit
>muzzies, especially burka women and their infinite amount of kids under 8 years old that they can never control
>american blacks
>>
>>2644997
>American women traveling who think they're exceptional because they boarded a plane to Thailand/Italy/Spain by themselves
>Fagpackers who bring their carryon backpack that's blatantly too big for carryon, and a "40l personal item" backpack as well
>Greeks who clap when the plane lands
>People in dorms who use the snooze button repeatedly for an hour
>Guys in their 30s who still stay in dorms

>Queue skipping (99% of the time it's a chink, Pole, Balkan, or Israeli)
>>
>>2644997
hearing a fellow canadian's voice
>>
>>2644997

>Signs in English everywhere I go
>KFCs everywhere in Europe
>People not moving up in line at the airport
>People not letting me off the plane because it *has* to go in front to back order even though I'm ready and they aren't
>Have to be pushy and aggressive to do anything in Italy
>Siesta and nothing is open
>Seeing fat tourists in shorts and flip flops
>toilets that have a shelf and are not slanted so I have to scrape my turd in
>how every town in Mexico has that big rainbow sign of their town name that looks so corporate and cheap
>>
italians that kind of fan out a queue so you think they're just waiting for an opportunity to overtake you but they won't outright attempt
>>
>>2645093
>Have to be pushy and aggressive to do anything in Italy
Have you ever been to anywhere in Italy north of Rome?
>>
>>2645100
I really hate that shit
>>
Now that I have money? Disheveled looking tourists traveling way too long on way too little in the hopes of 'making an experience' while hauling around a backpack like they're going hiking in the wilderness for two weeks.
>>
>>2645008
>-LGBTQP american people, they are obnoxious and intrusive (and don't exist elsewhere fyi)
as a mutt, i went to london and expected public buttsex in the streets but in reality saw maybe 2 fag flags the whole week i was there.
>>
>>2645010
Europeans are enormous faggots. Major part of their faggotry is their insistence on projecting their own behavior on to others
>>
>>2645117
Oh god I fucking HATE trekkies
>>
>>2645117
>Now that I am locked in the wage cage getting paid less than what I lose in valuable time?
Tourists traveling way longer than I could ever afford
FTFY, try to keep the seethe from becoming too wordy
>>
File: 1685247031474526.jpg (107 KB, 803x971)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>clueless french tourists who you attempt to help and get told no english even if you use google translate then get pissy because you can't help them
>scandinavian who wants to 'hang out' only to show up to the bar and order 1 beer acting like a deaf mute to any conversation
>anglo who has to tell me how america works or how to 'fix' america by his entire visibility of american politics or such being the one trip he took to NYC or headline articles
>italian who tries his hardest to pretend a badass but is such a pussy
>canadian abroad how needs to tell everyone how much they aren't american, did you know they aren't american because might have forgotten to mention they aren't america(but somehow american when they are being a retard)
>american who's from the military who's a total stereotype
>german who refuses or just doesn't put clothes on in the hostel
>australian who is a bro but can't handle a drink and proceeds to be loud as shit at 4am showing up at the hostel and won't shut off his fucking phone in the am
>any eastern european who if you mess up what country you are think they are from and they just simply won't drop the fact you mixed up in an honest mistake(so help you if they're polish)
>any mexican or brasilian abroad just... insufferable
>isreali you just know
>Japanese person you attempt to help because they are clearly in need but can't seem to just accept help and looks like a doofus
>Koreans who the second wheels up from Korea go full chinese+american stereotype in every way imaginable
>>
>>2645008
>LGBTQP american people, they are obnoxious and intrusive (and don't exist elsewhere fyi)
All of these anons saying "but I was in (western country) and saw lots of faggotry!!!!
>>2645008
>4/10 bitches travelling with their boyfriends
Not sure where you're from but this is just how American women act, and it's often how their extremely insecure "macho" boyfriends act as well. It is very off-putting and another reason Americans are evil retards.
>>
When I go to a country that isn’t in North America or Africa and see a black person.
>>
>>2644997
Maybe I didn't read the posts close enough but I'm Surprised Indians weren't mentioned.

Also

>Western European talking about America and how it should be fixed but clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
I really hate seeing homeless people. Obviously they're in the worse situation and I do have compassion for them to a degree, but it's just not nice to look at.
What are some cities with very minimal homeless?
>>
>>2645216
>>Western European talking about America and how it should be fixed
it's unfixable, bro.
>>
>>2645216
The obsession with america is so fucking annoying it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't their entire understanding of the US being that of "thing I saw on movie and LA/NYC is all the usa."

>explain most american places do have public transport in terms of buses
>it's not a hekkin shinkansen so it doesn't count!

>americans don't have healthcare
>explain most companies outside grocery store worker pay for it usually the people not with healthcare are illegals or super poors who don't want the government knowing their real address

>euro wants to visit america and thinks 2-3 weeks in LA/NYC/Miami/texas/vegas/seattle is enough
>explain how big the US is and how not feasible unless you have a plan but this enrages them

>explain I am WFH still and most my friends are
>they can't realize this as most their society went back to offices

>that fucking euro who wants to do 'urban exploring' but does not understand safety
>it's always some fucking german

>talks about how america needs to stay out of others businesses
>demands we do something about taiwan/hong kong or ukraine the next minute

>french "women" existing and their opinions should be a legit war crime against humanity

I could go on but man there is seriously nothing that gets under my skin than sitting at a bar to relax after a days work and then getting some euro needing to tell me how the US should be after learning I am a burger. Like it's so fucking unreal because you can see their demeanor change after explaining you're US based to just want and 'just ask you something real quick...' Do you haven't been to the USA if you only say LA and NYC for 2 weeks. If I said "Oh yeah man been all about the UK been to london for a few times... Why is HS2 so late? If I was in charge I'd .... " I'd get seen a a big fat stupid mutt and told off, but a euro explaining the US to me? oh nononoo that's how it should be!
>>
>>2644997
I don’t let things slide but I’m a hot head sometimes. Some Korean business man purposefully bumped into me in Taipei. I shoulder checked him back and told him I’d fuck him up. Pussy didn’t say shit. I fucking hate Koreans.
>>
>>2645222

The anti-american banter is cringe but if you think about it, our shit is rubbed in their faces 24/7. Nearly every sign in Europe is in English and it's not because of the UK. Fast food everywhere in cities now, and all they listen to is our music and consume our media. They are 'obsessed' only because America is in the face and down their throat everywhere. So I don't really get upset, just roll my eyes - I can understand their sentiments.
>>
When narcissists on a plane:
>break the rules (e.g., moving seats);
>make noise;
>get up before the plane has arrived at the gate;
>call the flight attendant when the plane is delayed as if the flight attendant could make sure they make their connection;
>in cases of delay, get up and leave the plane even though the flight attendants said to let people with tight connections go first

Also, delays + missed connections in general suck; completely ruin day and lose a day off.
>>
>>2645254
>I shoulder checked him back and told him I’d fuck him up.
You turned around, walked after him, and checked him? Or how did you do it?
>>
>>2645271
I didn't have time because my lads were waiting for me but I turned around checked him from the back and looked at his shocked face. This mate was shocked that I noticed and did something about it. I let him pass after that and told him he's lucky we aren't back in QLD
>>
>>2645276
Fuck you, you violent Anglo animal.
>>
>>2645147
LOL cope. Fuck trekkies and shoestringers and fuck you for even conceiving of them any differently than poor pieces of dogshit
>>
>>2645216
>Western European talking about America and how it should be fixed but clearly have no idea what they're talking about

Fucking hate this. Most of the time it's a Dutch trying to Dutchsplain the constitution. Their sources always include "we get American politics on our news channels"
>>
>>2645254
I've only spent two days in Korea but I would see businessmen shoulder check each other on the sidewalk all the time. It reminded me of Boston except they would just carry on and act like it was normal.
>>
>>2644997
He who asks a stupid question remains dumb for a few seconds, he who never asks remains dumb forever
>>
File: 795076.jpg (11 KB, 240x240)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2645222
>>french "women" existing and their opinions should be a legit war crime against humanity

Be happy that you don't have to live surrounded by them, listening to their inane shit all day long.
>>
File: 1699764673142002.png (81 KB, 615x598)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>2645160
do you like anyone bro?
>>
>>2645049
Fair point kek
>>
>>2645222
Most normalfags are ignorant. Dont know how many people go through life without knowing shit about the world. Just ignore them.
>>
>>2645008
Had the misfortune of spending an evening with a Canadian rugmuncher and American battyman from my hostel the other day
Was highly grating and I made an excuse to leave despite having no other plans
>>
>>2644997
I don't let it ruin my day.
Neither will you when you grow up a little champs.
>>
>>2645093
>faggot doesn't like the town signs in MX
you sound like an uptight meat gazer
>>
>>2645567

Sorry you feel that way about yourself.
>>
>>2645147
Look, all I'm saying is I've lived out of a backpack for a month in a hostel, and I've stayed at 5 star resorts. Something I don't think a lot of travelers realize, until they experience it personally, is that your accommodations can be just as much a part of the trip as where you go / what you see. There are vacations that I barely remember the destination, but will always remember the hotel or resort.
I'm all for people getting out there and traveling with what they have, but don't make a thing about it, you know? We get it, you're young and poor and traveling - so you have to dress like shit and carry all your belongings on your back? Even when I was broke, I never did that - I kept my things where I was staying like a normal human being and only went out with what I needed for the day.
>>
>>2645023
I doubt the types of people who dress in such a conspicuous way would care if they were doxxed on 4chinz
>>
>>2645276
They're the worst parts of Chinese people but just misplaced. Good on you to show the twat who's boss.
>>
>>2644997
>Travel things which ruin your day
Americans, French and Russians
>>
>>2644997
gypsies
>t. euro
>>
>>2645008
but i'm straight passing (like guns, cars) and me and my BF don't do gay stuff or talk like gay people.
>>
>>2645573
this perspective makes me feel less bad for spending like $175 a night at a tokyo hotel for the majority of the trip instead of searching for the perfect budget hotel or hostel that isn't a piece of shit
>>
>travel with a friend
>they walk slow as shit
>it's an episode of 'anon has no idea what to do and assumes you know everything'
>sleeps in every day then complains how crowded places are
>complains it's hot and humid in summer or too cold in winter
>friend didn't bring enough money to do things
>unintentional cockblock
>friend can't decide what to eat so you pick something and they still complain
>friend gets too drunk too fast and is annoying
>>
>>2645682
that person does not sound like a friend
>>
>>2645573
I stayed at the Ritz in Tokyo. It was quite nice. It was memorable. But so was the 10$/night shitholes I stayed in too because or the memories I made. The places I went to because those 10$ shitholes were in close proximity to other spots. Paying hundreds of dollars a night at 5 star/luxury resorts in foreign countries is generally retarded. It's the same manufactured bullshit. I can stay at luxury destinations in my home country, why do I need to fly for 12 hours to do the same thing I can do at home? I travel to travel, not stay in a hotel no matter how nice it is.
>>
>>2645573
Travelers realize it very much, they don't do it because they aren't privileged like you. Hotels can easily become the single most expensive thing about traveling, even above the plane ticket cost.
>>
>>2645271
He ran into me from behind. I then shoulder checked him harder from behind. I was at Taipei 101 and think security caught me doing it as I could see some of them staring at me and walking near me at some points. They didn't say anything to me though. Previously I made eye contact and smiled with him and his business associates taking the tour. Even though I can't understand Korean I could tell they were talking shit about me.
>>
>>2645263
Actually I don't see most people caring about that. The few who are outspoken irl are really insecure people that nobody likes, for example fat ugly dumb people always complaining. And online it's just Russian and Chinese bots.
>>
>>2645739
If youre traveling you are already privileged and therefore a retard if you are walking around like its Everest's base camp
>>
>>2645685
Did you even read the post?? Anon didnt say you have to stay at a fancy hotel said, he said dont look like a homeless bum for no reason
>>
>>2645071
>>gypsies and bums
I've been to Romania and the gypsy problem there is something else. literal third world shanty towns full of gypsies and they try the same little scams on you that you've dodged a hundred times before. it's all so tiresome.

>>loud, piss drunk british "lads"
also don't know what it is with british lads holidays, other nations don't seem to drink ten pints immediately on landing and then look for a fight. when I was that age I wanted to get drunk and stay up all night but not like that

>>2645077
>>People in dorms who use the snooze button repeatedly for an hour
even in hotels you can hear what the next room is up to and you sometimes get this fat cunt next door with uncontrolled sleep apnoea who insists on doing that. you won't get a wink of sleep next to the sawmill who can only smash his beeping phone every nine minutes in perpetuity

>>2645093
>>toilets that have a shelf and are not slanted so I have to scrape my turd in
ok this is a new one on me

personal thing that has been pissing me off for years is globohomo - anywhere urban is basically the same, menus being in a different script doesn't count
>>
>>2644997
running into any eurotrash automatically ruins my day. someone needs to revoke all the vacation they get.
>>
>>2647517
>drink ten pints immediately on landing and then look for a fight.

Colonialism culture
>>
>>2644997
The ultimate redpill about travel is that 99% of people are better not interacting with.
>>
>>2645077
Are you just being snooty about older Hostelers or are there legitimate reasons to despise them?
>>
>>2644997
If i hear american voices (hard to miss, they always have to be the loudest people in a room) i immediately leave the area
>>
>be american
>sit down at some pub because it's close and I don't care to find something local after a long day saw
>order some beer just to sit relax charge my phone and upload pics on wifi
>hear some loud english people outside the closed door
>oh_no.mp3
>3-4 lad's and sometimes a slag walk in
>blow past the wait to be seated line only a suggestion anyways
>sit at the bar bartender clearly wondering why they didn't wait a minute for him to get ready
>AY LAD LETS GET SOME BEER HERE
>doesn't say any kind of brand so has to ask
>AH JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING GOOD
>bartender has no idea what that means gives them a menu
>anglo's confused at reading so can't understand the drink tabs listed on them
>AH NAH LAD NOT FOOD! BEER
>has to show them the beer
>they order stella without a second thought even though it was clearly seen and they could have just asked for it
>2-3 beers within 30 minutes
>get turned to OI MATE WHERE YOU FROM
>America, just here on vacation
>OH AMERICA AND HERE ON HOLIDAY AY FARGUS ANGUS HE'S FROM AMERICA
>coo america where you from in america
>try to explain but anything outside NYC or LA is "don't know where that is"
>uhhh a bit east of california
>OH OKAY COULD HAVE SAID THAT HAHAHAHHA
>ask where they are from
>Ah you would't know where it is
>okay whatever sure
>SO LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION YA?
>oh no here it comes
>WHY IS IT THAT AMERICANS DO X/Y/Z topic
>begin 30minutes of constant "well if you just did X" or "well why not do X" or "see doing ... wrong"
There is nothing more annoying than being american and having anglo's sit next to you and clearly have no clue about what the US is like and just HAVE to bring it up. Talk about the country you are in? pfft nah. Want to talk about hobbies or something? nope boring. Want to rag on america, talk about how all you've done with holiday is spend 8 hours a day at a bar, and then have 'bantz'. BINGO perfect holiday!
>>
>>2648282
the obsession europeans have over america is honestly sad.
>>
>>2648282
>>2648285
The entire world hates americans. For some reason americans think that could not ever be a real thing. Truly mind boggling
>>
>>2648286
Sad state of the world, having Americans living rent free in your heads. Oh well, I'll go back to tipping waitresses in Japan :)
>>
>>2648286
>The entire world hates americans.
Everyone hates americans until someone breaks out a war like in russia or annexs shit like china, then wants to know how the US is going to fix it.

I don't give 2 fucks if people hate the US fine stay out of it. I hate, absolutely HATE when someone who might have done 1 trip to the US, and watch some news segments; then INSTANTLY could be the president to fix all the things. What things? just all of them!

Yet if you try to make any observations about their country, culture, and so on; STUPID MUTT DOESN'T KNOW NUFFIN! I'm fine if we all want to play on the same playing field but man, sure doesn't feel like it.
>>
>>2648288
You cant be on a level playing field with an American because by default they have brain damage
>>
>>2648290
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_country
>>
>>2648291
Changbros our response?
>>
>>2648291
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Nobel_laureates_per_capita
>>
>>2648295
St Lucia bros we're eating good tonight
>>
>>2648295
>muh per capita
hahhahahaha
>>2648300
On mars no less!
>>
>>2648282
>the virgin americlap vs the chad bong chavs
lighten up buddy, they were only having a laugh
>>
>>2648303
>muh per capita
The absolute levels of non-arguments kek
>>
>>2647517
>even in hotels you can hear what the next room is up to
Even the worst hotels I have stayed at is nothing compared to the shit dealt with in a dorm. It took me until I was almost 30 to realize it's not worth traveling if you're either tired all the time or needing to stay in bed until 10am like every other person in a dorm does to make up for the shitty interrupted sleep.
>>2647702
By 30 men should be able to afford a room to themselves, not be mingling in a dorm room with teens and 20 something brokies traveling on mommy and daddy money. It's ok for women to do it because they're retards usually on their Eat, Pray, Love phase.
>>
>>2648310
And everyone would be fine with that however it's not a give/take situation here. You basically can't do any 'banter' back to them without becoming irate or inanely defensive about everything and how 'yank doesn't know anything'. I'd be fine with it if we could do some back and forth joshing around but that happens on only the most extreme.

>euro jokes about car culture in america and it's impacts
>Oh yeah man we just are following the smart german culture ya know with shutting down all those nuclear plants for coal, man what is it with germans and burning things?

>bong complains the US election system is terirble (which it kinda is)
>joke about the royal family and how their house of lords is still very very archaic with tons of loopholes

>guns brought up
>Yeah we don't lose our heads over it like binning a knife tho

>americans are fat
>looks at obesity charts of UK

>>2648318
Yeah per capita means nothing in the scheme of things, you could say that Vatican city is the best country on earth because everyone living there is educated. Or lichtenstein is GOAT due to how little crime there is my actual citizens. You're looking for a way to move goal posts and no one is buying it.
>>
Damn i thought americans would at least be able to understand per capita considering the 13 percent jokes. Dumbfounded
>>
File: 1694958200132097.png (21 KB, 846x208)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>2648318
even per capita we still mog the entirety of europe
not sure what your point was
>>
>>2648336
13% is funny for a multitude of reasons, not because it's percapita specifically.

Also everyone knows nogs are problems in cities.
>>
File: 1439469587760.jpg (8 KB, 252x240)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2648348
>The entirety of Europe
>European Union
>>
>>2648352
13 and 50 is a joke entirely about per capita, its literally the entire thing. Fuck me dead
>>
>>2648353
They act this blatantly retarded and then they will come out and say
>i dont give a fuck about your country at all
American education is worse than third world
>>
>euro tries to make shitty jabs and banter
>looks like an idiot
>laugh at said idiot
How long until 'merely pretending'
>>
Why is it so easy to trigger Yuros?
>>
>>2645222

>explain most american places do have public transport in terms of buses
The busses are shit here. Are you joking?

>explain most companies outside grocery store worker pay for it usually the people not with healthcare are illegals or super poors who don't want the government knowing their real address

I don't want the people who are making my food and cleaning my shit not have healthcare. Do you see how that's a problem?

>explain how big the US is and how not feasible unless you have a plan but this enrages them

For 2-3 weeks, going to LA, NYC and Miami is not that hard these days.

>they can't realize this as most their society went back to offices
They most likely live in walkable cities and have reasonable work-life balance in Europe already. Americans like WFH because they are just being introduced in what life should be like and had no idea what difference it would make.

>that fucking euro who wants to do 'urban exploring' but does not understand safety

You probably walk to the other side of the street when you see a black person because you are too much of a pussy faggot and people can sense it

>demands we do something about taiwan/hong kong or ukraine the next minute

Yes because every European thinks the exact same way and has the exact same opinion, right?

>I could go on but man there is seriously nothing that gets under my skin than sitting at a bar to relax after a days work and then getting some euro needing to tell me how the US should be after learning I am a burger

You're just making up a person. There's no way that actually happens in real life. Europeans are too polite to talk shit about America in person and if you do, they are opening up criticism of Europe too but you are too autistic to understand subtext and body language.
>>
>>2648336
>>2648369
>Yes because every European thinks the exact same way and has the exact same opinion, right?
Actually, yeah. You're all the same.
>>
>>2648369
This is the worst "how do you do fellow americans" post on this board currently. Are you mad you couldn't handle some push back on your retarded takes?
>>
>>2648286
Nah, in my experience no one hates America the way they say they do. Most of the world hardly ever encounters Americans since only half the population even has a passport, and those that do usually just go to Canada or the Caribbean. Mostly all Americans who go to anywhere in Europe besides Paris/Rome are usually really decent... Brits and Aussies on the otherhand are the actual manifestation of the ugly American stereotype.
>>
>>2648370
>>2648372

I'm American actually. Shocker, I know.
>>
>>2648322
>euro jokes about car culture in america
>euro also literally obsessed and eats/breathes/thinks in Top Gear
It really is a sad life
>>
>>2648369
>The busses are shit here
Where is "here", the buses in Salt Lake City are vastly different from what the bus system is like in Miami and so on. They are actually usable for most people in the north east and midwest.
>cleaning my shit not have healthcare.
Which is why ACA has been around for over a decade, most poors actually just try to skip it to save a few bucks a paycheck. It's not a problem for most outside illegals or people who 'don't want to be found'.
>is not that hard these days.
You'd be looking at a week tops for those and a huge financial setback to do it in that short time span, again it's not feasible given the scope of those cities outside window dressing
>They most likely live in walkable cities and have reasonable work-life balance in Europe already.
AHGHAHSAHASuduhsd
> pussy faggot and people can sense it
Nah I am talking european women walking through skid row before it was torn up, trying to be 'gangsta' by going through the hood only to get robbed, euro's trying to be bad ass getting their shit kicked in or scammed hard
>has the exact same opinion, right?
Many echo the same sentiment where in the US every state varies wildly unless you are talking about the small crunch states in NE
>There's no way that actually happens in real life
As an American I can assure you it happens a fair bit more than you think. This isn't just some fairy tail made up thing, it happens in a LOT of places.

The euro steething in this thread is hilariously bad.
>>2648378
No you aren't, you're either fishing for (you)'s or from a sheltered commie state.
>>
>>2648382
Take meds schizo holy shit
>>
>>2648353
EU has 115 million more people than the US yet we still mog the EU in laureates? Now add the rest of the minor, non EU, poor countries into the mix and get back to me Pavel
>>
>>2648378
Also, not at all shocking, even if you're telling the truth. Americans who idolize europe are a dime a dozen, so much so they frequently become a problem.
>>
Watched an old lady have a meltdown at CDG a few days ago after she tried three times to board in zone 1 when she was in zone 3. After the third time one of the employees pulled her out and made her wait until I assume the entire plane was full.
>>
>>2648382

So you admit there is a disparity of bus travel between parts of the city yet you insist it's totally fine? And I live in the Northeast and don't drive; I will tell you they are shit and I'd rather Uber or take the subway.

>It's not a problem
Then it's not a problem. So you agree with me.

>it's not feasible given the scope of those cities outside window dressing

I just entered it into Google Flights and it is $1,081 round trip for two weeks from London. That's pretty good.

>AHGHAHSAHASuduhsd
It's true.

>walking through skid row before it was torn up
Why would a woman, let alone, ANYONE, go to Skid Row? It was literally created as a containment zone a hundred years ago.

>Many echo the same sentiment
Not at all. Most Euros I know love America.

>I can assure you it happens a fair bit more than you think.
You have autism and it shows. Euros naturally speak in banter and if you take it seriously, you are a sperg. All you have to do is talk shit about their country and they will laugh. Get tested for your autismo.

>No you aren't, you're either fishing for (you)'s or from a sheltered commie state.

I've born and raised in America and lived in Germany for 4 years so I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>2648417
>So you admit there is a disparity of bus travel between parts of the city yet you insist it's totally fine?
Yeah man, same in europe. I dare you to take a bus in Albania or serbia, and then compare it to the bus service in Bergen norway. Going to be a difference in quality regardless.

>Then it's not a problem.
I think most people would want others to have healthcare but those who chose not to doesn't make the place shit.

>That's pretty good.
Until you realize that's only like London->NYC not the stops in between, or hotel costs for those places. Not to mention the disparity in pay.

>Why would a woman, let alone, ANYONE, go to Skid Row?
I've done greyhound from that station more times than I can count, the amount of shitty euro's hanging out after a shit week in LA trying to 'back pack' through america is high. I have no way to explain it outside of seeing it in person.

>You have autism and it shows.
Anon my only post was how I hate how shitty things are when euros rag on shit, my entire post wasn't that all euro's do that but many do. Especially anglo's. You went full autismo mode first and people just responding to it.

>I've born and raised in America and lived in Germany for 4 years so I know what I'm talking about.
That's super duper cool anon.
>>
Airports. Liminal space hellscapes, huge hallways devoid of any human life stretching before and after with endless blank confusion, no signs, spaghetti-labyrinths of belt barriers with no apparent correct direction and employees who simply scream at you if you guess wrong, ask 5 different people get 5 different answers, flights leave and arrive all night long but customer service and store staffing vanishes after midnight leaving you stranded with no ammenities, being cancer-scanned and harassed by TSA goons, airlines getting more and more jewish about carry-on sizes and the draconian policing of your luggage. because yeah, i've really spent thousands of dollars booking a trip only to threaten the pilot with a single safety razor pinched between my forefingers and a 3 oz bottle of mouthwash. charging 4x as much for commodities in the airport because you have a captive audience and can. need medication? prepare to be extorted. wanted water? haha we removed all the fountains, now you get to pay $5 for a single bottle of water. pay hundreds of dollars for a flight only for crotch goblins to puke and shit all across the plane and spend hours straight screaming bloody murder, shrieking, and blasting cocomelon while their cunt mother knocks back a few miniatures of vodka happy that she can inflict her daily misery on innocent strangers. go to charge your phone, the fucking outlet doesn't work because they are too cheap to allow you to suck up four pennies worth of electric. apps that try to upsell you every step of the way and crash randomly. hell, now even the planes crash randomly. everything involving air travel is asinine.
>>
>>2644997
> hate foreigners of any kind except English speaking countries
>lgbt
>I had Asians literally push and TOUCH me because I made it to the line before their group of 20 did
>workers who boss me around about my kid
>rides that are over an hour long
>everyone rushing and racing
>overly large crowds
>thieving, entitled Brazilians who pretend that they're dying only to get a better seat & who steal from gift shops
>i hate nonpolite snobby German women who don't know how to be friendly or smile
>Muslims who stare at my little girl like they're going to steal her are scary
>Hispanics who skip the line because they lied about having a kid
>rich people who pretend to be disabled to skip the lines
>>
>>2645034
Israelis are fine its the weird orthodox ones that are entitled
>>
>>2644997
>entitled Indians
>>
>>2644997
>Hispanics who hate white people even though they're literally in THEIR country
>>
>>2645222
This. They're obsessed with the fact that they're unarmed and we aren't.
>>
>>2644997
Generally I get annoyed by other tourists, when they don't observe the social norms of whatever country they're in and make me look like an asshole by association. I felt this the most when I was in Japan. For example, when other tourists would talk really loudly on the train, be dicks to geisha or monks with unsolicited photos or poking fun, or one situation when two white American dudes were yelling on a quiet train because they made a mistake and got on the wrong train.
>>
>>2648436
>Israelis are fine
lol no
>>
File: NPCs.jpg (38 KB, 1024x432)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2644997
People asking me (right off the bat), "So, where are you from?". It's a loaded question. What they're really saying is: Ask me where I'm from so I can talk about myself... And even after you answer the question it's still all about how their friend or family member went to some University in the same country. And then you need to say something nice about where ever the fuck that is. But it usually turns out that the person they're referring to was actually trying to escape their bullshit hometown and never talked to anyone again after leaving. This shit goes on for 5 to 10 minutes and they NEVER even ask your name. They're more likely to ask next what you do for a living than ask your name. It's because they want to tell YOU what they do for a living. Like I give a shit. I was just having a beer and a cig and trying to relax. And now I'm hearing about Cousin Eddy who went to school in San Diego, like maybe I know him by chance.

And don't tell me this is really just strangers being nice to strangers. That's their fall-back angle. That's how they rationalize boring strangers to death every fucking place they go.
>>
>>2648852
Have you been tested for autism, anon?
>>
>go to some place known for being super spicy
>"NO REFUNDS! ALL ORDER FINAL"
>have to pay up front
>aw shit this gunna be good
>get food
>It's barely that hot
The amount of times this has happened annoys the ever loving fuck out of me when I travel. Absolutely nothing worse than it in europe where you order something ULTRA DEATH SPICY and they just put shit like jalapeno's or some habenero sauce on it with pepper jack cheese. Dutch are the absolute worst about it only narrowly beating out the English.
>>
>>2648852
Based
>>
>MENA people (Israelis and Iranians are usually okay if they're not the druggy type or religious)
>Japanese sexpats, somehow even more degenerate than wypipo sexpats
>black "hood" Americans
>roasties in India/Thailand/Sri Lanka/(insert buddhist place), insufferable as all hell
>>
>>2648852
I always give a stupid answer to this question like "North Korea" just to throw people and give them a mild shit test. My favourite is using it on brain dead touts who have no pre rehearsed answer instead of the usual "Australia, Melbourne? Sydney? Gday Mate!"
>>
File: 1713883241962369.gif (2.85 MB, 250x250)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
>>2648955
or you go to some chinese/korean/thai/Indian place and order something spicy. they warn you multiple times how spicy it is
(twice by the waitress, once by the restaurant manager, the final time by the chef). and when it comes out and it's not even remotely that spicy. 100% the chef pulled his punches.

Just coz i'm vanilla icecream white, doesn't mean I don't know what i'm getting into.
>>
>>2650493
I used to say to women, "My mommy's tummy." and to men, "My daddy's balls." That broke them out of their state of mind and got a laugh, but it also built instant rapport and I risked becoming the new best friend of Mr or Ms Fucking Boring.
>>
File: 1000029160.jpg (119 KB, 700x700)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Everyone I met was either nice or indifferent to me, I don't remember being annoyed by other tourists at all, they couldn't care less about some lonely tourist from nowhere. And they're right, I'm boring and have nothing going for it. Oh well.
>>
>>2648348
>even per capita we still mog the entirety of europe
>US in 15th place, with 12 European countries ahead of it
Do you have brain damage, or is this merely the American education at work?
>>
>>2644997
>People that have travelled for a while and when asked where they're from they say some variation of 'oh I'm from from everywhere/nowhere, I don't have a home' or 'I'm from the world'
Such cringey, attention seeking behaviour. You know exactly what the question meant, tell us what country you're from and where you grew up. Majority of the time they're from some boring ass middle class suburb in the US or something but admitting that wouldn't sound cool enough for there new affected personality
>>
seeing and/or hearing a white woman where she shouldn't be

IE: in a red light district, or in some shithole I'm visiting to fuck brown women

they have no excuse to be there and are never up to any good
>>
>>2650890
Compare their populations numb nuts
>>
>>2650895
It has always been an American remote worker who says that. Every single time it's some remote tech fag or crypto queer
>>
>>2650896
Yeah this. WTF are white women doing walking around Soi 6 at 1am? Go away, I’m trying to coom in peace.
>>
>>2644997
>People who treat meme rules like "middle seat gets 2 armrests as gospel and kick off about it
>People who complain about tipping. Pay your way in the world ffs.
>Passive aggressive folk who tut or complain when I have to get up early in a hostel. Get a hotel if you're a light sleeper.
>People who walk in the way when I'm taking a really good photo and ruin the moment.
>People who want to 'get off the beaten track'. Just leave the locals alone, ffs. The best sites are touristy for a reason.
>Hostels which are 100% full of Europeans. You know there's going to be some disrespect or snobbishness going on.
>>
>>2651082
you sound like a whiney POS. I'm going to make a point of walking in front of any solitary, loser vibe dorks in the hopes one of them is you and I spoil your shot which would have been worthless anyway, kek
>>
>>2648377
Actually there are 350 million Americans and fewer than 100 million have a passport
>>
>>2645034
American Jews are just white people, yesterday I heard Amy Schemer is Jewish, soon Bruce Willis will say he's jewish, everyone who's not black is Jewish in that country
>>
>>2645100
Put your bag down infornt of their feet when you see them creeping, mention what they're doing to your friend right in front of them if you're bold enough, make eye contact, there are a few things you can do to stop pieces of shit playing games
>>
>>2651099
Thisis what I'm talking about. Too many """tourists""" out there like you who have 0 respect for anything but yourself. What happenedto the whole "leave no trace, leave only pictures"?
Seems your ilk want to ruin that for us, too.
>>
File: 1687800346578411.png (36 KB, 965x202)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>2648295
>as established by the 1895 will of Sswweeddiisshh chemist, engineer, and industrialist Alfred Nobel
Picrel really makes you wonder if this is a solid way of judging anything.
>>
>>2651070
Yes, per capita controls for population size. Are you retarded?
>>
>>2651255
>t. entitled pos that thinks everyone around him needs to stop what theyre doing to let him take endless tedious pictures of landmarks that have been photographed millions of times already, and that they'll never look at again
>>
>>2651207
Or just, you know, tell them to stop.
>>
>>2645682

This is literally every friend after a few weeks of travelling together lol.
>>
Old people blocking the aisles of planes/ buses/ trains. When you're boarding, they'll hold 50 people up while they faff about deciding which seat is theirs, or which of the zillion identical seats will be the best to sit on. When you're leaving, they'll block everyone again while they faff around getting all their stuff together and rearranging themselves, instead of just grabbing their shit and disembarking.
>>
>>2651304
Please staaap! :(

You dumb fast food lady, please stay in America, nobody wants to hear your whining
>>
>>2651356
If you seethe because an Italian man tries to go ahead of you in a line and then complain about it online, it seems to me that you're the one who is whining.
>>
>>2651262
>Assuming people just take pics of '''famous landmarks'''
I'm a cityscape photographer. I capture real life in real places, faggot.
>>
>>2651369
Haha you idiot, I was giving advice. How did you get that from my comment, you're not too smart
>>
>>2644997
1. An American accent ANYWHERE
2. Americans eating
3. Americans talking
4. Americans tipping
5. Americans demanding modification
>>
>>2651082
MAIN CHARACTER RIGHT HERE
>>
>>2651193
No. As of 2023 160 million had a passport. Other poster is right, it's closer to half of Americans have one.
>>
>>2651372
Cool man I'm sure your 300 followers on instagram really think your pictures are great and people should halt their lives so you can post for them.
>>
>>2651514
Wow, you've really got a chip on your shoulder. What's wrong with taking pictures of amazing places?
All you have to do is step around. It doesn't cost you a penny.
I have a very successful travel vlog and blog btw, but I won't dox myself. My recent series focused on moonlight in cityscapes. I had to plan the full moons throughout the year and traveled to a different European city for each.
So yeah.
>>
>>2651528
Just stop lol you're digging yourself a bigger hole. No random stranger owes you shit, the world doesn't belong to you.
>>
>>2651372
Hey buddy, idk if anyone has told you this but.. no one wants to see your pictures of concrete staircases, homeless people, and shopfronts.
>>
>>2651528
>I have a very successful travel vlog
>seetheposts on /trv/
yea sure you do buddy
>>
>>2648286
Most Western Europeans hate Americans for the dumbest reasons. It really just makes them look like pussies. Fucking Iraqis complain less about us and we recently destroyed their country. Africans are friendlier too. So are South Americans and Asians. Most Eastern Europeans too. It's hilarious coming from a well off region of the world. You'd expect that from people we recently bombed. The culture is weird too. Who the fuck immediately asks someone if they're one of the good ones and interrogates them about politics. I can't imagine someone berating a Chinese person in the US over social credit scores or anything like that. It's also hypocritical given the past history of Western Europe and the lasting presence of France, for example, in Africa. Many Western Europeans have goldfish brains and many Brits don't realize they had an empire that was partly responsible for a lot of what happened. It's borderline delusional how elitist some Western Europeans are. Being cultured means being from whatever country they're from and everyone else is borderline subhuman. If thet view Americans that way, then they must think the 3rd world are subhuman.
>>
>>2645573
>There are vacations that I barely remember the destination, but will always remember the hotel or resort
you're doing it wrong, buddy
>>
>>2651621
Western Europeans aren't even cultured. They're really quite crass, drunken, and perverted.
>>
File: 1659949619849629.jpg (16 KB, 236x325)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>2651082
Kek what? I'm not even going to acronym this because I really want you to Kill yourself.

>Leave the locals alone

You know they're people right? Not some type of vulnerable Animals you need to protect. Imagine I'm walking to my local park in my shitty part of the city and somehow a tourist is here and wants to ask what non typical things are around, then some dorkus like you comes and says "leave him alone! :("
>>
>>2651658
Look, the locals don't care about you, and don't want to be hassled by you. You're literally dirt on their shoe and a walking money bag. They have lives, families and hobbies, and don't need some guy in a backpack coming up to them on a bench in their lunch break and waffling on about shit in incomprehensible tongues.

It's rude and unthoughtful. If you're not fluent, you shouldn't be speaking to anybody full stop, unless it's a designated tourist site. This is why tours and hotels exist, ffs.
>>
File: 8.png (28 KB, 326x228)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>2651708
>If you're not fluent, you shouldn't be speaking to anybody full stop
>>
>>2651255
>leave only pictures
No one cares about your pictures.
>>
>>2651708
You're the type of guy who gets peed on by a drunk aussie at a hostel
>>
>>2651708
>Don’t talk to anyone
Genuine incel
>>
>>2651328
I get this insanity for different culture rather than age groups. I used to live in Croatia and I learned to recognize any flight going there by how they would rush the gate. On the plane they couldn't figure out how to sit down and stay seated, like ants in their pants. And the overheads all filled with their puffy jackets. Try to move their jackets to make space and they stand up again and start yelling in Klingon not to touch their stuff. That's the same for every country in the Balkans - fucking retards.
>>
>>2651385
I left the US in 2003 and haven't looked back, but can confirm that bugs me now. I hear them and I always find something I don't like about them. I don't even hate the culture or country, but it's always fucking something that gets under my skin.
>>
>>2651774
Yet TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Google and Apple - all companies who specialise in photos/photo taking are the biggest companies in the world. Nobody cares apart from the hunreds of millions of shareholders and billions of users!

>>2651776
I'd just call the police if that happened. That's disgusting. And desu, quite frankly, tells us the type of traveler you are.

>>2651779
I'm very successful with women, actually. You do know that they actually like photos, right? Have you not seen the AirBnB experiences?
>>
>>2651781
It's most of the former Eastern Bloc who act like this. I first noticed it with Poles and Georgians not being able to queue like civilized people. Then I learned the Balkans are just as bad. Something was definitely added to commie water to make them behave more like black people.
>>
File: elliot.jpg (8 KB, 204x247)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2651806
>I'm actually very successful with women, I get a lot of girls liking my gay pictures I turn a mediocre profit on (if I even can do that)
>>
>>2648282

On most of my travels, esp for work, even my Euro colleagues bring up gun control and the electoral college as if I'm going to go have a hearing in front of congress
>>
>>2651806
>I'm very successful with women, actually. You do know that they actually like photos, right? Have you not seen the AirBnB experiences?
I don't have to fly to another country to get laid. Yikes.
>>
>>2651823
Euros loooove talking about gun control because they can't even fathom ever having to defend themselves since they've became a culture to just bend over and take it when refugees deal it up their ass
>>
>>2651861
Stay in your country.
>>
>>2651708
Holy shit this is an astoundingly abnormal way of thinking.

You didn't really take in anything I wrote though, let's try again. Would you be "Hassled" by a Belgian Tourist asking you a question? In a non tourist "no talking zone"? You're a top Redditors so you think you're being thoughtful and politically correct by protecting third worlders but in reality you're treating them like they're different (sub human even), like they can't interact with people like we do and enjoy it, express their personalities, have a desire to engage in meaningful conversation. It's ironic that the only person in this thread insulting third worlders is you.
>>
>>2651806
HELP! I've just had someone piss in me
>>
>>2651993
You're the only one mentioning third worlders here. In my opinion, everybody is just a 'worlder'. No need for the discrimination, buddy.

I wouldn't want to be hassled by a Belgian while I'm going about my daily chores.However, if I'm at a museum or a theme park, I would be happy to help someone if they wanted to start a conversation about the rides, or exhibits.
>>
>>2651999
Kek oh shit this dorkus is trying to turn it on me. You know you were picturing some disheveled Bolivian when you said it. You are a weirdo, I'm happy to meet interesting people at any time, doesn't have to be a designated zone.

By the way, where do you meet all the 10s of women you're shagging, does it have to be in a singles bar?
>>
>>2652013
>implying he gets women
>>2651708
Weren't you just saying how "people need to not walk my heckin photorinos!" Then you immediately say the locals don't care about you? Yeah, they don't care about you or your faggy little ego photo pictures... Maybe that's why they don't walk around your camera is because they know you're not fluent (and they can beat your twink ass)
>>
>>2651999
your definition of "hassle" makes me think you are interaction adverse outside of tourist zones or some situation where the person is paid to specifically deal with foreigners and respond in a "the customer is alright right" sort of manner. You get the real interactions chatting with people in non tourist areas. You make the issue black and white in a way that doesn't comport with anyone who has a sense of when to approach people, which, again, makes me suspect you have some issue in initiating and choosing interactions. If someone if busy and clearly in a sour mood or haste, I am going to let that person carry on. But if it's someone clearly relaxing or not in a rush, I can chat them up. It seems you may have had a bad experience or many and now want to project that on to anyone who has the courage and enthusiasm to interact with people not paid to deal with his shit. That's a you problem
>>
>>2652048
>>2651708

Apart from that last faggy line you are right on the money, I didn't think about the possibility anon doesn't interact well with people so their view is very warped.

For a normal person it's less about the location but signs and body language, you can "hassle someone" by the Eiffel Tower if it's not appropriate, nothing to do with tourist locations, you don't own people there, they aren't part of your package deal just because they're around haha. And if you see someone smiling at you in a rural area it's safe to assume they might be approachable
>>
Seeing other Americans acting like literal clueless babies for no apparent reason
>>
>>2648377
You're actually right, every american I've met at hostels abroad (outside turbonormalfag destinations like you mentioned) has been polite and open-minded
>>
I always leave the room when Americans enter.

>>2653011
lol
lmao
Every American I met was loud obnoxious snored and would cause drama.
>>
White people when I'm in Asia, Americans and worse fellow Germans trying to strike up a conversation. Literally ruins my day.
>>
>>2653955
Don't you want to hear Americans and American cocksuckers (Europeans) talking about how evil Glompff is for 4 hours straight?
>>
>>2645034
They unironically, genuinely believe they are the chosen master race to rule the world. Every single Israeli spends 2 years killing children in Palestine as part of their conscription. You are nothing but livestock to them, a filthy animal.
>>
>>2653957
Just seeing them is already enough desu. I remember walking though Jeju-do after a storm. It was quiet, the air was cool and peaceful. I felt like the last man on earth until some fat, white 6' girl in FUCKING YOGA PANTS showed up out of nowhere. After seeing nothing but delicate slender kgf for 2 weeks the whiplash nearly made my throw myself off a cliff.
>>
>>2652912
>>2653022
Go to somewhere other than Italy or Paris and you'll never run into that. You'd know that if you've ever traveled before
>>2653959
Shalom goyim

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.