[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3267.jpg (21 KB, 612x413)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I have a 15 hour flight ahead of me tomorrow boys. Give me some advice to help me not want to kill myself. I purchased the in-flight Wi-Fi along with advanced economy for the extra legroom, brought a book, a battery pack charger for my phone along with a small camping pillow for my window seat. Wish me luck
>>
You didn't get any Xanax for this?
>>
>>2646140
just read a book, watch a movie, eat, sleep
>inb4 a dozen posts from americans recommending their favourite cocktails of pharmaceuticals that they need to scoff in order to calm their homicidal urges for a few hours
>>
>>2646140
Try to sleep as much as you can. If you can't sleep watch a movie on your seat monitor however sound quality usually sucks on planes that will ruin it. I also found it's hard to read on planes for some reason. I just did an 11 hour flight and stayed awake the whole flight playing Polytopia on my phone and watching a movie. I also had a window seat and usually pick them but I think next time I will get an aisle just to be able to get up and stretch easier. No matter what position I'm in it's still uncomfortable laying my head against the window with a pillow.
>>
my last long flight I bought a neck pillow and got blackout drunk right before takeoff, it was like teleporting to my destination
>>
>>2646140
>a battery pack charger for my phone
have you checked your airline's restrictions on batteries etc? some of them are quite strict about taking power banks etc on flights
a lot of airlines have usb charging sockets in the seats now anyway
>>
>>2646147
haha it's so predictable
>>2646188
even if the seat monitor is out of order (it usually is), you can still charge your phone from the charging port
audiobooks are better than reading
you can bring battery banks under 100 Wh on a plane
if you get trashed before a 15 hour flight, you will only compound your misery by being unable to crash out. still, bringing a few shot bottles on board is worth it
>>
>>2646140
Watch movies or downloaded youtube flicks too, reading tends to be uncomfortable on planes. Privacy screen maybe, I myself feel always a bit awkward when I watch a netflix movie/series in public with random gay sex scenes in it.
>>
>>2646146
Xanax would end 4 hours into the flight he needs diazepam
>>
Podcasts and kratom
>>
I had a 22 hour (not including a few hours at the stopover) flight a few months ago and survived just fine without drugging myself. Make sure you stay hydrated, I drank so much water it's unreal. I spent most of the time watching in-flight entertainment and unsuccessfully attempting to sleep, they had some chill nature documentaries which had me nodding off for small periods of time but I could not get comfortable enough to sleep. Walk around and stretch your legs when the cabin crew aren't handing out food too.
>>
>>2646140
2 x goon sesh w/paul giamatti
>>
File: 1682384862470418.jpg (273 KB, 951x1087)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>2646140
Meditate to find inner peace.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.