[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (5).png (1 KB, 275x183)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
I've always wanted to go there since I was in elementary school but I heard they can be kinda racist, I just want to know the gist of how'll they'll treat me for being mixed.
>>
Hi OP! Just wanted to know your train of thought behind making a new post about Japan instead of using the catalog and posting your question in the Japan general thread.

Thanks!
-Anon
>>
>>2646417
Ah I see where the question comes from. I didn't post in the Japan general due to the fact that it's more broad in the Japanese experience and I'm more or so curious on the specifics of my lifestyle. Also I feel like it'd be better to make a post instead of derailing the Japan general to my own questions.

Thanks for the question!
-Anon
>>
>>2646419
Hi OP. Understood, but no need to worry, the general thread is indeed meant for any general questions. Have no fears in derailing it, we welcome any and all legitimate questions!

See you in the general thread soon!
-Anon
>>
They’ll be polite to you.
>>
>>2646423
Thanks anon! See you soon and have a good day!
>>2646424
That's good to know. Are there any ways to better assimilate as a POC while I'm visiting? I want to get the full Japan experience.
>>
File: obama-japan-souvenir-shop.jpg (421 KB, 2048x1152)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>mulatto
So you're half-black, half-white? The worst they might call you is Obama. Speaking of which, there actually is a city called Obama, located in the Fukui prefecture.
>>
>>2646464
Oh wow that isn't as bad as I thought. I know that for a country being 98% Japanese there'd be words for most types of foreigners, but being called Obama is rather funny.
>>
>>2646416
>I heard they can be kinda racist
Not this shit again.
>>
>>2646725
I think they get a bad reputation though from outsiders anon. They are the more welcoming of the East Asian countries, although I don't have any experience with them so it's not like I can confirm what I said to be true.
>>
>>2646416
You just get ignored or denied entry in some locations, like any other obvious foreigner. There will be no group of japanese teenagers chasing you around while yelling slurs at you or japanese skinheads trying to beat you up.
>>
>>2646417
He's a special snowflake, that's the train of thought.
The first mulatto to go to the Japans, ever.
>>
File: bb8.jpg (103 KB, 895x900)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>
>>2646721
Even if you were fully black, some of the name-calling can be funny. On the lighter side, they would call you random black celebrity names. Will Smith, Mike Tyson, etc. Their favorite name to call black men is Bob Sapp. "Bob" is even a stereotypical black name in Japan, kind of like how a stereotypical black name in the west would be "Jamal" or "Tyrone."

Other quick notes:
Kokujin = Black person. Not inherently offensive, it just means black person.
Nigeru / Nigero = To run away or to escape. No one's calling you a nigger, they're just talking about running away or escaping.
Nigiri = A type of sushi with rice on the bottom, and a slice of fish on top.
>>
>>2646734
The places I'm being denied entry is probably for a good reason than.
>>2646766
Just wonder what the experience is like, I know 4chan gives unfiltered hard truth reviews.
>>2646771
kek
>>2646933
Unironically sounds fun being called or assumed to be a celebrity. To be honest if I heard a Japanese person call me nigger I'd probably laugh.
>>
>>2646416
>mulatto
Lol whites only bro. You’re already 100% aware Japan is for US not YOU
>>
>>2646943
Mulattas are better looking than japanese women on average though
>>
>>2646416
Do yourself and Japan a favor, and don't ever go there. You will suffer due to your mulatto complexion.
>>
There was a nice restaurant in a business area west of Shinjuku, during lunch hours. Most customers were likely businessmen on a lunch break. I asked for a table for two and was told they're full. Two minutes later my white wife asked and they had seats. Other than that, employees will hover around you like you're trying to steal something ALL THE TIME in every type of store.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.