[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0713.jpg (32 KB, 1200x600)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>
>>2646934
For cheap cigarettes? Unusually good (or just unusual) cigarettes? For places with a relaxed attitude towards smoking cigarettes?

China is an obvious choice; they still smoke more than most countries, and regard indoor smoking bans (which are in force, at least on paper, in most cities) more as suggestions, frequently ignoring them. And they have both cheap and premium cigarettes, the former of which are extremely cheap, the latter of which can be startlingly expensive, but really excellent.

Elsewhere in Asia, the Vietnamese remain passionate smokers, and make a wide range of often very good, usually inexpensive, cigarettes. Indoor smoking is more effectively and thoroughly restricted there than it is in China, but there are comfortable open-air smoking areas in front of virtually any venue.

Korea makes a lot of unusual-looking and tasting smokes; I haven’t been in some years at this point, but I think I saw the widest range of flavored cigarettes I’ve ever seen on sale in Seoul if you like novelty. I tried something coffee-flavored, and something weirdly fruity; apple, maybe? They weren’t especially good, but they were amusing. Indoor smoking is mostly banned but there are designated smoking rooms and areas in many places.

The Turks still smoke a lot, even indoors sometimes, although I think it’s officially prohibited. Their good cigarettes are very good, their cheapest very badly manufactured but interesting—I tried the unfiltered version of something called TEKEL, which I believe is just the acronym for the national tobacco and salt monopoly, and the tobacco kept falling out but the flavor was striking and to me very pleasant. And they’ve obviously also got a local shisha tradition (narghile) if you like that kind of thing.

And also, smoking sucks, smells bad, and will literally kill you after making you impotent. Obviously, and obviously you know that. I smoked like a chimney for years and spent most of them regretting it.
>>
>>2646934
I'd try the Arab world. They all chain smoke and usually seem to barely have an excise tax.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.