[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thinking of fucking off to El Salvador for a week in may or june.

How safe is it at the moment? What should I do for a week? Any comfy small towns and shit like that?
>>
Seems like we get these threads once a week. Its cleaned up alot recently, and you'll have no issues in the tourists centers. If you've been to central america or LATAM in general, El Salvador offers little else that you can't do/experience somewhere better. Climb the Santa Ana volcano. Check out the new Chinese funded library that was built in the historical center around plaza de la libertad.

paradisecatchers.com/tamanique-waterfalls-el-salvador/
Also check out Los Chorros

I said in the last thread I wasn't personally blown away, but ES was one of the last countries in LATAM that I had yet to visit so I'm sure if you're not as experienced you'll probably enjoy it more.
>>
>>2647181
I've been to South America a few times (and Cuba) but not really much at all in Central America but I want to start to hit those countries. I picked ES because I figure it's the kind of place you could knock out in a week.

Is there a country you'd suggest instead? Even if not a full country is there a trip you'd suggest for a week? I was thinking of doing Guatemala or Nicaragua as well.
>>
>>2647182
Guatemala is an excellent choice. Guatemala City is kind of a dump, but when you head out towards Antigua Guatemala and then towards Panajachel/Lake Atitlan you'll have a great time.
>>
>>2647176

go to Bitcoin Beach and eat Pupusas
>>
>>2647176
Salvadoran here.

Watch your back. Don't believe the propaganda bullshit, crime still exists, only crime that has diminished is gang to gang raiding.

Only things worth doing in El Salvador is visiting natural parks, which now are getting de-natured and becoming tourist traps. Go to the Walter Deininger nature reserve, Bicentenario natural park, La Laguna Botanical garden, Cerro de Las Pavas in Cojutepeque. Visit Cihuatan archeological ruins.

Do NOT go to bitcoin bullshit, it's an overpriced tourist trap, the beach is absolute shit, specially stay away of Majahual, it's full of gang fucker types since it's free to go there. If you want to go to a beach go somewhere in Jiquilisco, Costa del Sol or something like that.

I haven't traveled to farther places. Small towns offer nothing and you may risk running into gang areas. Some of the farther places can be inaccessible, which I hope stay that way, and visiting would require further planning which is also not readily available.

I guess Santiago de Maria can be a good place, its on a plateau surrounded by volcanoes, with a volcanic pond nearby but it's kind of inaccesible.
>>
>>2647181
>check out the chinese funded library
How about fuck you. Why the fuck would he go to a library in a third world shithole, specially if it's some chink power flex monument? You weren't blown away from your visit because you visited the crappy shit fed to tourists by moneygrabbers who hate their country.
>>
>>2647771
Ok

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.