[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's a nice and quiet European city that I can visit for a few days just to relax? I have a bit of writing I want to get done and I'm looking for somewhere with nice weather and beautiful architecture. I was thinking of Bratislava since I've heard it's a bit of a hidden gem. Any ideas on where I can go? Preferably somewhere on the cheaper side.
>>
>>2649319
Ljubljana, Skopje, Sofia and most northern croatian cities fit your criteria, as does Bratislava like you mentioned. Thessaloniki is really cheap too, but not the most beautiful city on the continent. Depending on when you're going, Kaunas is good too.
>>
>>2649320
>Sofia
neither nice nor quiet
>Kaunas
too far north for >nice weather
Bratislava might be it actually. It's nice enough, but there's not that much to see there, so for those moments when you'll want it loud with beautiful architecture, it's also really close to proper cities (Vienna and Budapest).
>>
>>2649341
Kaunas is perfectly fine at summer if you mean weather with it being a bit north.
>>
>>2649319
Bratislava is a solid pick. Bar in Montenegro is great or if something smaller does it Vieste in Italy is also nice.
>>
>>2649319
Ohrid
>>
>>2649341
Sofia might be the most boring place I've ever been to.

There's a cool pool bar there, and that's about it.
>>
>>2649319
Go to some small forgotten town in Spain or France. The only rule is to pick a town that you never ever heard of, so it's likely that no touirsts are there.
>>
File: IMG_20221026_135757.jpg (6.41 MB, 4000x3000)
6.41 MB
6.41 MB JPG
>>2649319
Bratislava is the 2nd most mid capital city in Europe. If you're in that vicinity I'd say Brno is more of a hidden gem. Like a smaller Prague without the tourists.
>>
>>2649319
>What's a nice and quiet European city
>somewhere with nice weather and beautiful architecture

Could you be even less specific please? Your question needs to be vague in order for me to answer it. Please give the least amount of detail possible and don't mention any sort of preferences whatsoever. Thanks.
>>
San Feliu de Guixol, in northeastern Spain is a small speck of heaven.
>>
Croatia and Prague seem incredible for sleepy small towns and villages.
>>
>>2649319
Gjirokaster in Albania is pretty nice, I was there for a bit in summer
>>
>>2649460
>Prague
Yank moment
>>
>>2649488
I meant Czechia

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.