[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: osaka castle.png (655 KB, 699x460)
655 KB
655 KB PNG
Osaka Castle edition

ー How do I travel by public transportation? ー
Use Google Maps within cities, install the Jorudan or Navitime app for intercity travel

ー Dude, what should I see in ________? ー
https://www.wikivoyage.org/
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12
*You should probably check on google if a place is still in business before you plan a whole trip around it*

ーJR Passー
JR Rail Pass is it worth it? Since JR is going to adjust the prices for the pass soon, not really anymore, unless you want to travel by train very extensively. You can plug in your itinerary in the links below and compare prices to the JR Pass.
>https://japantravel.navitime.com/en/area/jp/route/
>https://world.jorudan.co.jp/mln/en/
With the increased price of the JR Pass, local train passes might be good deals now.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html

New prices starting October 2023
>7 day Pass: ¥50,000
>14 day Pass: ¥80,000
>21 day Pass: ¥100,000
https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/

ーInfo on Prostitution ー
Check out the links below and try not to derail the thread with repetitive questions about this. You can also check out old threads under archived.moe. Any question you might have, like "Do I need to speak japanese to see a prostitute?" or "Can I really have penetrative sex in a soapland?" have been answered hundreds of times, learn to use the fucking archive OR READ THE GUIDES LISTED HERE. STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT IT IN THE THREAD
>https://chn.cityheaven.net/
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com
>https://tokyoadultguide.com/

Previous: >>2644745
>>
R8 my itinerary frens.
Second time going to Japan, last time was Osaka, nara, Kyoto, kanazawa, takayama tokyo

Tokyo 1 day
Yokohama 2day
Nagoya 2 day
Osaka 2 day
Kobe 2 day
Hokkaido 4 day
Tokyo 1 day

Is there enough to do in Hokkaido for 4 days?
>>
>>2649483
Yeah. Do 1 day in Hakodate (Mt. Hakodate, Goryokaku, the old port town with all the Western-style buildings), then go to either Onuma Park or Lake Toya and Mt. Usu for some nature on your way to Sapporo on the 2nd day, then do 2 days in Sapporo (Beer Museum, Clock Tower & Odori Park, Hitsujigaoka, Kaitaku no Mura/Hokkaido Historical Village, Hokkaido Museum, the Hokkaido Government Office (actually a museum now), Mt. Moiwa at night if you have a GF, Jingiskan Daruma and Sapporo Miso ramen for food).
Really you could fit in a fifth day for Otaru too.
>>
>>2649512
Unlike america, there is no such child support laws in japan. If it's true you can ghost her and be fine
>>
>>2649483
This is the way of the samurai.
Abrigado gozaimasu
>>
Craving strong zero but it's pricy as fuck off amazon.
Do I cave in bros? Watching Yuru camp drinking a couple cans was kino
>>
>>2649524
I've been debating the same but with Zeroes and Suntory Premium
The only consolation is I could go into [spoiler]London[/spoiler] and pick them up in person, but then I'm literally paying for a return train journey to pick up cans of booze
>>
Do people actually like Japanese alcoholic drinks or is this just another thing vs thing, Japan moment?
>>
>>2649532
you got sours, umeshu, highballs etc... i mean, they're weak af but they go down easily and are pretty cheap
>>
>>2649512
I hope she's cute anon
>>
>>2649532
>is this just another thing vs thing, Japan moment?
mostly this, strong zero isn't even that strong, like 8-9% ABV. way more economical to get fucked up on 4loko or MD2020 or something. though i will say Kirin beer is legitimately good on its own even without the Thing, Japan factor
>>
>>2649563
4loko and MD have a shitload of sugar, Strong Zero is much better for that
>>
>>2649567
>about to ingest a shitload of psychoactive poison
>noooooo but think of the sugar!!!
>>
>>2649512
be a man and face the consequences of your actions

>>2649569
the point is to get drunk not to get diabetes
>>
We r8'n itineraries, now?
Fourth trip to Japan
>Tokyo 8 days (staying that long so I can go to the Sumo)
>Yokohama 3 days
>Nagoya 3 days
>Osaka 2 days
>Nara 1 day
>Kyoto 2 days
>Osaka 3 days (in a nice hotel)
>>2649483
Looks good, anon.
>>
>>2649512
You have three options, p-anon, if she really is pregnant
>ghost her
>convince her to get an abortion (don't just give her money, go with her. It might be a scam before she ghosts you)
>wait until 10 weeks have passed, get a paternity test, and if it's yours then you get your Japanese citizenship via marriage
Keep us updated.
>>
>>2649576
8 days? long?

>tokyo 1.5 months
>matsumoto/kyoto few days
>>
>>2649598
I've already seen nearly everything I want to in Tokyo. What I haven't yet seen would've only taken 3 or 4 days, otherwise.
>>
>>2649512
take responsibility
>>
>>2649576
Going to Hakone should be mandatory yes it's a tourist containment zone but it's a perfect place to enjoy great hiking, volcanic sights, even check out sites like museums and miyrad of places. When your done with the day you can chill out in a hotspring.

>>2649517
I live and work here so that's not a possibility also not a shit bag. I can't get Japanese citizenship either.

>>2649578
It could be a scam but she's asked me to go with her to the clinic unless this doc is in on the scam then well not much I can do other than wait for a perternaty test. We were careful as fuck (she took pill and I only coomed in her during safe days otherwise I wrapped it up kek).
>>
File: 20231105_165923.jpg (1.58 MB, 4000x1868)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>2649611
Hakone Pic related
>>
>>2649611
I thought about going to Hakone and Shizuoka on my way through to Nagoya, but it would've meant that I'd have to cut out Nara and Kyoto, and I REALLY want to go to Fushimi Inari. Every time I've gone to Japan I've missed out on going because the people I went with would give me the same bullshit lie of: "Oh, we'll go there after we see X place I want to go to first", then later on tell me that they did that because they never wanted to go to Fushimi Inari in the first place.
This time I'm going solo and I'll fucking get to the top of Fushimi Inari or die trying.
>>
>>2649512
Don't be an Ameri/Eurojogger, be a (possible) good dad.
>>
>>2649611
>I can't get Japanese citizenship either.
How come?
>>
>>2649612
Where's that in hakone?
I'm excited for my time in hakone, planning to take all the transport as my adventure. Just hope i can get from the train station to the sightseeing ship on time, and that its not a fully occupied ship.
>>
File: 20231105_163452.jpg (1.8 MB, 4000x1868)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
>>2649635
Not that I can't just that I won't because I don't work for an Japanese Corp but an American one. Doing so would wouldn't be in my benefit also I'm pretty sure Japan has no dual citizen program.

>>2649638
It was at the main shrine on the lake there. Hakone is great imo for hiking around becuase you can take busses back to the main town or stop at sites. When your done you can just chill at a hot spring at the end of the day. Also tourism wise most of the tourists are local Japanese.
>>
Strong Zero is horrible. Tasted it thinking it was gonna be good after all the hype but it’s disgusting.
>>
>>2649512
How much younger than you is she? Can you actually see yourself staying with her and raising a family?
>>
>>2649512
You keep bragging about your life in Japan, but this sounds like your typical dumb FOB story.
>>
Anyone else here slept at roadside station before. No one will give a shit right?
>>
>>2649640
>Japan has no dual citizen program.
I think i read somewhere theres a loophole on that
>>
Tomorrow is functionally my last day in Japan. What was your favorite thing in Tokyo? I probably can't get a reservation at Muscle Girl this late in the game. But if I can I'm going to Muscle Girl.
>>
I went to Japan with really no itinerary and no plan, and while I feel like I wasted some time here and there, Golden Gai, Inari Taisha, and Dotonbori made the trip generally worthwhile. If I ever come back, I'm going to really capitalize on the experience I gained. And ideally come with someone, solo travel gets you some weird looks if there's no other gaijin to talk to in the bar.
I did get nihongo jouzu'd so that felt nice.
>>
>>2649650
Which flavour? I liked the I think it was grapefruit, but the plain is awful.
>>
>>2649703
>What was your favorite thing in Tokyo?
Going down to Odaiba and just chilling in front of the 1:1 Unicorn Gundam.
>>
>>2649611
>also not a shit bag
Yeah, you're not a shitbag, you're only paying a girl to sleep with you.
>>
File: 20240423_202119.jpg (3.12 MB, 4000x1868)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>2649668
I mean it honestly is, and that even working 80 hour wagecuck hours still living my best life. Also I never asked to be here or pick it. I came here for the money and to pay off dumb debts and not have a high COL
>>2649728
Oh no the horror...! I keep forgetting that people in regular relationships never pay anything to sleep with an individual.
>>
>>2649705
Be aware that friendships can break apart due to travel. For example, you occasionally hear of people breaking up over camping trips, car trips, or long tours. Your ideal travel partner should be someone who does not find an activity like fishing boring because people who fish for a hobby have the stereotype of being patient.
>>
>>2649735
ur a loser who doesnt speak jap and it svery obvious
keep jacking off to ur fantasies of impregnating prostitutes who wont even take u as a client cause all u can say is KOE NICHI WA
>>
>>2649771
I bet she wasn't worth that much.
>>
File: IMG_1696.jpg (724 KB, 1125x849)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
Just booked picrel for 20€ per night in the middle of tokyo. Good idea or will it be bad? Hotel name is "Business Hotel Fukudaya". Pictures look fine. Very classic oldschool japanese 70s style.Reviews are also 7,5/10. But for 20€ i think i scored a good deal
>>
>>2649779
That actually looks based. How are the bathrooms?
>>
File: IMG_1691.jpg (50 KB, 840x460)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2649785
I read somewhere that modern and traditional are available. It also has a shared bath and some vending machines. Gonna attatch another pic
>>
File: IMG_1693.jpg (91 KB, 675x900)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
and another
>>
>>2649512
Congratulations!
>>
>>2649786
Ngl see if there’s a sento nearby for <1000¥ that bath looks grotty
>>
File: 1433264669779.png (64 KB, 228x228)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>minus 6000 usd on pachinko
>>
File: file.png (2.05 MB, 1280x959)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
How do I sexpat in Japan?
I am 8/10 face but only 5'9. I am going to be there for 3 weeks.
Ive looked at travel mode on bumble but it seems most of the girls want relationships and claim no ONS on their bio.
Should I go on at least 2 dates before inviting them back to the hotel? How does this work in Japan?
>>
>>2649806
read the OP and search the archive.
I wish you luck after the jannies ban you for a few days.
>>
>>2649809
I should have mentioned I am not interested in prostitution
although it would probably end up being cheaper than all the dates I will pay for ..
>>
I repeat, if you cannot speak complex Japanese, just give up about getting a gf here. Tbh even if you can speak really good Japanese, they still don’t want a gajin
>>
>>2649806
be clean. this is unironically the #1 most important quality that japanese girls look for in a guy. don't smell bad, don't wear dirty clothes, don't look like you haven't washed your face in a week. get your skin looking as best as possible.

be well groomed; if you have a beard, shave it. if you have hair, get a fresh trim. if you're balding, shave or buzz your head. get your eyebrows done or at least do some basic maintenance yourself. some gaijin hunters are alright with a little scruff but they skew to the older, significantly more ran-through demographic

as far as face goes, to the best of my knowledge japanese people are generally unable to differentiate between "attractive" and "unattractive" facial features, the only thing they care about is if you have a tall nose or not. blue eyes are also a huge plus

don't be fat and if you are dress in a way that hides it as much as possible. the only fat people that get laid regularly in japan are sumo wrestlers. avoid tight clothes in general as they are considered out of fashion currently; UNLESS you have a good body, in which case a little tightness is OK but don't overdo it - ignore the know-nothings that say japanese women don't like buff dudes, i've literally had girls open me in bars by asking to feel my muscles

t. 2 years in japan and have had many dates and hookups
>>
>>2649826
It’s kinda weird how tight fitting is in fashion in the west but not here
>>
>>2649826
is long hair/man bun considered unclean in Japan?
>>
Is it worth wasting a day to travel to Sakura City, Chiba just so I can get a photo with the meme doge manhole cover?
>>2649826
>if you have a beard, shave it
Guess I'm not getting a Japanese GF. I like my goatee.
>>
>>2649735
Wait you actually pay girls to sleep with you ???

Dude you are a loser
>>
>>2649771
dying at this pathetic attempt to ronpa me over the way i typed some romaji to mimic the shit accent i know u have
autistic + loser + dont know japanese, fantasizing about hookers, truly subhuman
>>
>>2649512
Would this girl actually be a good mother?
>>
Anons, Kansai style okonomiyaki or Hiroshima style okonomiyaki?
>>
File: 1633416303659.jpg (1.1 MB, 1920x920)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
2024 will 100% break the tourism record, it's INSANE how popular Japan has become. Even those fucking fitness youtubers that goes partying in degen Ibiza and lives in Dubai are going there now, while boomers usually going to places like Thailand are starting to talk about Japan instead. The cultural change coming to Japan (especially Tokyo) in coming years will be crazy, and how the fuck will japanese people cope with Tokyo already being overcrowded as shit?
>>
>>2649779
If the pic is accurate doesn't seem bad for a "full" room
The one I stayed at is not far, called '1 Night ¥1980 Hotel' which brings you a little bit closer to the ueno train station but yours looks a little nicer
>>
>>2649828
No as long as you take care of it the same level a woman would and dress well
>>
>>2649875
Tokyo is set to lose 20-25% of its population over the next decade.the more warm bodies that are willing to suck Nip toes for a visa the better.
>>
>>2649826
Alright, don't be fat iskinda obvious, what about the other side? I'm legit underweight (175/50), how does that fare?
>>
So what you’re saying is that if I’m interested in moving to Japan and potentially starting a family I should stay away from Tokyo and other tourist traps
>>
>>2649881
Converting the old people homes to airbnbs and hotels, sounds about right
>>
>>2649883
If you have a decent amount of money ($25k+USD) then you could go to one of those small towns that are dying out and get a 'free' house.
You just have to back-pay taxes, clear it out, renovate it, etc.
>>
File: IMG_2398.jpg (357 KB, 750x954)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>2649884
Stat is likely for greater Tokyo, meaning Saitama and Chiba, meaning places where an airbnb and hotel would be shit. Best option is a new US Military base
>>
>>2649611
>I only coomed in her during safe days
You're fucking retarded and it makes me physically ill that people like you are having offspring. Do the world a favor and cut your balls off.
>>
File: 1713631936652350.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
I love my wife and live in Tokyo AMA
>>
>>2649916
Imagine cooming in a woman who isn’t your wife. Instead of ruining Japan just stay in your home country.
>>
>>2649875
>The cultural change coming to Japan (especially Tokyo) in coming years will be crazy, and how the fuck will japanese people cope with Tokyo already being overcrowded as shit?

Whatver you think is going to happen wont happen. I barely see any tourists unless i go to akihabara or shibuya . Most tourists go to Kyoto and its a small town where the locals are fed up with tourism
>>
>>2649931
Did you move to Japan with your wife or she is a woman you met in Japan? If you met in Japan, what sort of cultural barriers have you noticed?
>>
>>2649826
Everything this guy says is bullshit japanese women dont give a fuck about your ethnicity . Just be cool and not a beta retard like you would in any Western country although if you're black or white American just go to any club in Roppongi on a Friday night and you will pull some gaijin hunter 80% of the time
>>
>>2649935
We met in Japan. There arent any cultural barriers or cultural annoyances except for the ones already in Japan, idk how to explain but if you've been here you'll understand
>>
>>2649940
How did the two of you meet?
>>
>>2649826
>ignore the know-nothings that say japanese women don't like buff dudes, i've literally had girls open me in bars by asking to feel my muscles
I can corroborate this. Anybody who tells you they don't like buff dudes is an absolute gains goblin and probably fat
>>
>>2649941
On a dating app then started dating kek
>>
It's completely ogre.
>>
No financial person uses 1 yen like that, the standard is $1.00 is culturally equivalent to 100 yen you fucking stupid American pigfuck
>>
>>2649955
British pound and Kuwait Dinar is stronger than your fiat green poop money anyway and always has been.
>>
>>2649961
I like that about the Yen, plus large denominations of coins like 500 and 100 being common especially in vending machines
Makes coins worth having on hand instead of throwing them in a jar when you get home
>>
>>2649950
Were you both looking for an actual relationship on the app? I’ve read so many people online say that dating apps in Japan are exclusively for ONS.
>>
>>2649705
This is the saddest post I've read on /trv/ more depressing then the people that nonironically visit the Philippines.
>>
>>2649759
honestly sounds like a good litmus test for a relationship, if someone spergs out from something as simple and relaxing as traveling then they need to get tossed in the trash
>>
I'm going to Japan in a week for a month and I don't really know what to do except a few museums in Tokyo, hiroshima, Nagasaki. Maybe walk nakasendo some.
>>
File: 1713650341305986.jpg (108 KB, 1024x958)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2649875
Great, more tourists who can't be bothered to learn even a few Japanese words and acting wild, ruining the reputation of the well-behaved tourists like me.
>>
File: 1713821137668159.webm (832 KB, 720x480)
832 KB
832 KB WEBM
>>2649985
This is how non-nihongo-speaking baka gaijin should be treated in a Japanese restaurant.
>>
>>2649971
Better for an American to visit the Philippines as Filipinos died for America during World War 2 rather than feeding the savage Japanese butchers.
>>
File: 1713913098755895.png (383 KB, 512x510)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
>>2649875
>>2649985
Look, literal monkey behaviour!
>>
>>2649989
Code?
>>
Best way for a hiker who won't have a rental car to get out of town and see more natural Japan?
>>
>>2649785
Communal by the look of it. But for 20€ that's expectable
>>
>>2649985
>>2649989
>Salaryman-san, fetch the katanas and rising sun headbands
>>
>>2649483
I ended up changing it let me know if this seems too ambitious but:

Yokohama 2 day
Kamakura 1 day
Hakone 1 day
Nagoya 1 day
Kobe 1 day
Osaka 1 (maybe 2 days since it was my fav last time)

Hokkaido 3 maybe 4 days
Sapporo, otaru, hakodate

Tokyo 1 day (was there full week last time and hit nearly every borough)

My wife is super down to keep moving and see stuff so many day trips doesn't seem too bad but I'm worried I'll be tired by the last leg. Any opinions?
>>
>>2650005
Further edit cuz am autist but I trust these threads more than most places:

Thinking of going early january or April for cherry blossom season even if it's too packed.
>>
>>2650006
And again, fuck me in 2027-8 maybe? Sorry.
>>
>>2649985
>ruining the reputation of the well-behaved tourists like me.
I'm resigned to the fact that Japan is just another country where you have to make it 110% obvious you're not American or r*ssian
>>
The toilets in my hotel room have a water jet thing on it if I push the button but it isn't strong enough to get into my butt. Is this normal over here or do I have to use the hot tubs water jets to clean me out?
>>
>>2650022
I wasn't at all shy about the fact that I'm from the US and it was fine
>>
File: Screenshot_202.jpg (48 KB, 592x1044)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Over a thousand yen for a pint of Guinness? I thought you guys said Hub Pub was cheap? What would you reccomend if I wanted to drink at a more local pub Japanese drinks. Is this the price I am gonna pay for a beer at a local place? That's crazy. Fine with sake shochu whatever too.
>>
File: mega beer.png (753 KB, 625x557)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
>>2650028
>What would you reccomend if I wanted to drink at a more local pub Japanese drinks.
Any izakaya. If you're in Osaka or Tokyo there's a chain called Torikizoku, every item on the menu is 360 yen. Eat a little yakitori, drink a little Mega beer
>>
>>2650028
>Is this the price I am gonna pay for a beer at a local place?
>>2650036
meant to quote that line
>>
>>2650036
>>2650037
K, thanks. Just wondering if I want to drink in tokyo or wait to get out of the cities and drink in a small town pub in quieter surroundings. Maybe with better prices than the big cities.

Also, I am 7'1 will there be any issues going to that Golden gai bars or anywhere in japan?
>>
File: Panhead bar.jpg (532 KB, 2260x1271)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
>>2650028

Guiness is an expensive beer, in my country it usually costs ~30% more than local stuff.

Most drinks shouldn't cost much more than 600jpy, and as >>2650036 said there are some really cheap options around
>>
>>2650041
Cool. No tipping makes it super cheap.
>>
Best time of year to go for a solo male?

Also what’s the must do/see itinerary? I’ll be going for the first time sometime over the next year by myself.
>>
Is it true you shouldn't strike up a conversation or talk to people at a bar?
>>
>>2650041
>shut down that bar for unsanitary conditions.
>>
>>2650055
>Is it true you shouldn't strike up a conversation or talk to people at a bar?
no lmao
Who told you that?
Slap them for telling you something so dumb
>>
>>2650041
>Most drinks shouldn't cost much more than 600jpy, and as >>2650036 # said there are some really cheap options around
You can also get some local craft beers for around that price if that's your thing
>>
>>2649875
It's over, something weird is going on. my boomer aunt who has only ever been to places like Italy is now going to Japan this winter. I was with a friend who is Giga normie, doesn't watch anime or have any interest in japan and he was getting japan / Tokyo travel stuff on his tiktok fyp
>>
>>2650063
Like every online japan bar etiquette article.
>>
>>2649992
Stop bullying our fellow trv anon!
>>
Even though I am an allied American, I don't want the Japanese to put me up on a pedestal or grovel to me while I am over there because we won the war. Any tips of how to lay low and remain humble in these situations? When I was in Normandy the French (whom I normally dispise) bought me drinks and wanted to talk to me. I am already planning on buying some local clothing when I touch down the first day or two. Might make a nice souvineer too.
>>
>>2650070
>I don't want the Japanese to put me up on a pedestal or grovel to me while I am over there because we won the war
I have unironically met nips who thought that Japan and the USA were allies in WW2. Their faces were funny as fuck when I showed them the truth.
>>
>>2649985
Do these retards expect people to study Japanese for 3 years before going to their country? I doubt they even speak good english.
>>
>>2649985
That guy specifically has a problem with foreigners not tipping, he can go fuck himself.
>>
>>2650081
You don't even need to study for a few years.
Just get the pronunciation right and learn to read kana.
>>
>>2649931
How long did you two date for? What would you say is the thing that surprised you the most about dating in Japan?
>>
>>2650082
Just because Japanese themselves don't tip doesn't mean you shouldn't. Don't be cheap, if they provide good service which most of the time they do then tip. The yen is down anyways it's the least you could do...
>>
>>2649703
should have gotten reservation before you arrived in Tokyo, its worth it
MG was easily in top things ive done this trip
>>2649713
>chilling in front of the 1:1 Unicorn Gundam
its the little things like this that are great
>>2650082
tipping in Japan? never heard of her
>>
>>2649703
https://e.japanticket.com/shops/4831/products/7433

It looks like you can probably get a reservation for 1.
>>
>>2650092
Watched anime since the 90s but never watched Gundam.
>>
>>2649985
You could show them your culture and teach them but nah no money for you then.
>>
>>2650067
Looks like you've got a lot of slapping to do
>>
>>2650090
Well yeah, if you really enjoyed the service you usually leave a tip.. we do it in Scandinavia aswell even though the workers doesn't give a shit. But if he has a problem with not getting a tip, as in he demands it, then he can go fuck himself. I always pretend I forget just to see if they say anything, if they say something I don't tip and if they doesn't say anything I say "oh I forgot the tip!" and tip the person.
Simple as
>>
Don't tip in Japan.
>>
>>2650106
You are not white.
>>
>>2650107
You are incorrect.
>>
File: itinerary .png (42 KB, 515x702)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
What do you guys think about my itinerary?
This will be my first time going
>>
>>2650121
1. Sumo tickets are sold out completely unless you book an overpriced Viator option (Which I had to do, but I watch Sumo unironically)

2. I will be in Osaka around the same time, we should meet up. I'm in Japan for the first time May 24th-June 9th
>>
>>2650121
>>2650122
I'll also be in Osaka from May the 23rd to the 30th, so I'm all for a meet-up
>>
>>2650090
I try to be nice to food wagies because they're often overworked and understaffed. Plus if you're patient during peak hours they may give you free upgrades and or extra food.
>>
>>2650122
>>2650123
Im down anons, do we just set the time and place or exchange contact info in someway
>>
>>2650121
Try and go down to Odaiba to see the giant Unicorn Gundam. Even if you haven't seen a Gundam show before, it's still amazing to look at.
It looks prettier at night, but you can see more detail during the day.
Like >>2650122 said, sumo tickets are already sold out and since COVID they no longer sell tickets on the day.
>>2650125
we just chat here about it and try to organise a time and meetup location within a day or two of it happening. It'll probably end up like most other meetups and only be organised on the day itself.
>>
>>2650125
That's a good question. I've seen people just set the time and place when the day comes , but its over a month away.
Up for whatever, my Japan plans are extremely loose outside of the first few days.
>>
>>2650121
If you're already going to Hiroshima, might as well see Miyajima.
>>
>>2650127
Ive just set a reminder in my calendar to post here closer to the date, remember to check the japan general and we'll set the time and place.
Hope to see some of you anons
>>
>>2650121
my only critique would be that Osaka is, in my PERSONAL opinion, not really a great tourism city. there's very little to do or see during the day that isn't just another huge mall. USJ is cool I guess if your country doesn't have big theme parks and maybe you'll like the aquarium (I was unimpressed personally but my home town literally has a world-renowned aquarium so I'm a little spoiled) but outside of those two, and maybe the castle if you get there early enough to avoid having to stand in line, there really isn't much to do, so you may end up bored out of your mind waiting for the sun to go down on the days you're not day tripping.

now for nightlife there's an argument to be made that Osaka is even better than Tokyo depending on what you're into, so if you like to drink and party you'll enjoy it, but don't expect any especially cool sights or experiences during the day
>>
File: Hakodate.jpg (603 KB, 2260x1271)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>2650129
I'm there late-may as well, I'll keep an eye on the thread
>>
Let's all go say hi to Peter Payne from our favorite friend in Japan, J-list!
>>
>>2650121
>a month
how do you guys afford this
>>
>>2650154
I go for 3 months at a time, I'm a neet who lives with my parents but has savings from previous work + crypto
>>
Can only get away from work for a week at a time so doing just 7d in Tokyo. Should I spend each day in a different ward?
>>
>>2649650
Kodawari taste is the way.
>>
File: IMG_5102.jpg (2.35 MB, 4032x3024)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
Wakayama Castle. Zero foreigners in sight
>>
How do you actually get the full exchange rate, everywhere you go it's like 6yen off the headline rate, do you just have to do FOREX to get what it actually is?
>>
>>2649969
Well whatever you're reading is bs
>>
what are some good places you can get other than hotels if you're looking for staying somewhere 3-5 weeks?
>>
>>2649985
Just for that, I'm going to create more hafu babies
>>
>>2650036
>If you're in Osaka or Tokyo there's a chain called Torikizoku
Jesus wept. Torikizoku is absolute shit, filled with pajeets working there, and the “beer” is fucking happoshu swill.
>>
>>2650219
Shut up retard
>>
>>2650219
Do the jeets speak 日本語
>>
>>2650005
Nagoya is pretty mid
>>
>>2650121
osaka aquarium is really good
>>
>>2650255
Is it busy enough to require advance booking or can you just show up on the day?
>>
>>2650258
just show up on the day should be fine.
>>
Why is everyone recommending Muscle Girls? I just googled it and it seems like you have to be in good shape or at least skinny to enjoy it. This is 4chan so I'm fat and now I'm mad that it's being hyped up and I can't go.
>>
>>2650268
Some people have a muscle girl fetish and they think it's okay to talk about their fetishes with other anons. That's it.
>>
>>2650154
I retired at 40. Ignore the fake money crypto guy.
>>
>>2650173
Hardcore Child Pornography dude! Will be there in a week!
>>
The Japanese don't know how good they've got it desu. Yeah Japan ain't perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than any place in the western world. I think the Japanese take it for granted because they've never visited a place like the US where it's normal to be a shithole. Japanese people don't even go on vacations. Mostly because Japan already has everything they could ever want. Maybe in the next life I can be born a Japanese citizen. The US sucks and I'm sad I'm a US citizen. Would trade it for a Japanese one in a heartbeat. I'd take Japanese NPCs over dealing with Murricans any day of the week
>>
>>2650310
Lol what a funny troll post. I an just visiting the third world because we conquered them. How silly to believe this little country can compete even though it doesn't even have a military. Silly my God.
>>
>>2650310
The Japanese having a super idealistic view of France, then freaking out due to culture shock when they go there for real will never not be funny to me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
>>
Just remember we won the war, stay humble, remember to be friendly to the kids because we aren't inhuman monsters like their parents and let them realize we are the source of their prosperity post wartime.
>>
>>2650311
Who gives a shit about military? I care more about what the average citizen deals with on a daily basis than some circle jerk over army tank numbers

>>2650313
France is a shithole like most European places. That's why. Full of immigrants now. Europe was lost ages ago
>>
>>2650054
what do YOU want to see and do?
what weather do you enjoy cold/hot/spring?
look at others itineraries and see what you might like
>>2650121
I like this unlike some 1day in each City itineraries Ive seen, I enjoy walking around and explore not just a checklist
Osaka time might be too long
for Tokyo:
Muscle Girls
Unicorn Gundam
Teamlabs Borderless
Fuji
Yokohama (china town and seaside)
Akihabara
Shibuya
Shinjuku
>>
>>2650318
Ok, then see how much foreign aid we provide compared to Japan. We are easily the most charitable country in the world.

American citizens are the elite in Japan. Especially down south around Okinawa. If you grew up in the west you DO NOT want to live the menial cookie cutter "lives" that these Orientals live. Be thankful, humble, and realize how much better you have it than these third worlders as you observe their lives.
>>
>>2650322
Their lives have more going on than the average American. At least they go for food and socialise and after working at an izakaya. Americans just get in their cars and get stuck in traffic for an hour before eating slop at home alone
>>
File: 20240425r.jpg (1.02 MB, 3229x1817)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>2650331
Yeah, sucks so much being able to live on the outskirts of town in nature on 162 acres and being able to independently drive my own convertible or truck depending on weather whenever and wherever I want. Sucks having multiple firearms I can shoot pheasant, deer or fish from one of my ponds. Sucks hearing no more than the breeze and seeing a tiny brightness at night coming from town. Sucks having a 5200 Sq ft home near a natural spring. Yeah, really envious of those salarymen shells of a former human.
>>
>>2650337
Objectively speaking, this is a total pipe dream for Westerners now. Gen X was the last generation that realistically could achieve this if they just chose the right career and worked hard for 10+ years. It’s just not even an option for millenials because those careers are off the table and the costs are too high. A 150+ acre property in my state, and all states in my region of the U.S. would cost several million, probably $10M+. Frankly, you’d be lucky to find 5 acres for less than $1M.
>>
>>2650337
Sounds lonely and isolating. Not good for humans.
>>
>>2650348
>t. retarded city slicker
Homesteading is the optimal way to live.
>>
>>2650362
Japan is probably the most urbanized country on the planet. Nobody lives like you described in Japan.
>>
>>2650150
fuck that nigga, tried to charge me $38 for shipping
>>
Hello frens, are there any decently sized night clubs that you recommend that don't check IDs in Tokyo? Every major club we've been to so far have always asked for our passports. A few of the guys from my group aren't 20 yet and it's really been a pain in the ass so I was wondering if there even were any night clubs that don't ask for IDs that aren't the size of my living room. Bonus points if it's in Shinjuku or nearby.
>>
>>2650343
You are incorrect.
>>
>>2650374
>shipping
>you are in Japan

?
>>
>>2650380
If people in your klan aren't 21 wtf are you doing going out to bars? Are you really this stupid or trolling?
>>
>>2650384
Drinking age is 18 in my country. Back at home we'd often spend the weekends wasting away at bars and clubs with no problems.
>>
File: IMG_0932.jpg (377 KB, 1169x2018)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>2650381
Lol oh ok
Sunbury is a rusted out podunk down in a rural county and the house is a piece of junk btw
>>
>>2650391
I just got issued a warning for asking the same question. You can’t ask normal questions like this on this board now.
>>
File: 1713940580197614.jpg (35 KB, 560x521)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2650393
>>2650397
>board rules: dont do thing
>coomers: haha im going to do thing
>also coomers: WTF?! my actions have consequences?!
>>
>>2650393
literally when I open a Chinese or Korean its like vacation. Communicative, open, eyes bright with social intelligence and "presence of mind" (hard to describe have to had experienced J women to know what I mean)...
J girls like:
:D
but that :D is their face for sadness, excitement, disappointment, anger... YOu never know lol. Shits whack, but they so sweet my God Lord Allmighty....

I know dudes who get it so amma keep at it.

But shit aint easy. For you reader - if you got Y fever, Japan is prolly worst choice lol.
>>
>>2650392
1.1 isn't very much for over a hundred acres. Scoop that shit up man and put a home on it if the current one is bad.
>>
>>2650268
Why would you need to be in good shape or skinny to enjoy it? Concafés, regardless of type, are for looking at cute girls/guys while they serve you a shitty drink.

It's like thinking you need to be a cat to go to a cat café.
>>
>>2650403
hey man thats suffering. Their smell and curious eyes are dangerous.

And Spring is here... Yaba...
>>
My homes value has gone up a bit since I checked a decade or so ago.

Why aren't you kids buying homes in the country? Why aren't you kids buying abandoned old homes in Japan? I heard you can get a good deal. Have a nice base of operation for travel and casually fix it up for peanuts.
>>
>>2650406
I could tell you a story about a night in Phnom Penh. If you squint and can ignore bruised knees and elbows, you can imagine they are Japanese.
>>
>>2650410
Im short sighted as it is and often get petit mals so I think Id adapt well to what you described lol
>>
>>2650411
They get bussed in from the countryside daily, they are poor and live off govt subsidies, a big sis (not always related) looks after a little sis. They bring home money the parents need. Girl told me everything.
>>
>>2650413
supply and demand

Everyone wins.
>>
>>2650402
Oh ok I’ll just dip into my $1M+ cash reserves that I got from my BS job no problem
>>
>>2650398
The rule is not to be a sexpat, not to ask normal dating questions. I didn’t ask where to find hookers or easy chicks. I asked about the social dynamics of dating in Japan, which is totally normal.
>>
>>2650409
> just buy a house you can’t afford and pay taxes on it forever even though you can’t live in it
>>
>>2650424
I don't think you know how cheap we are talking about land in abandoned Japan. Do a little research.
>>
>>2650391
You are
1. Fat
2. Ugly
3. Not White
Fix these things and you will be worshiped.
>t. fit handsome white man
>>
File: $_1.jpg (30 KB, 300x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2650422
>>
>>2650432
What difference does it make? You’re paying taxes forever on a place that you can’t even live if you wanted to, which you don’t because these cheap properties are in dying rural towns
>>
>>
>>2650438
Why are rural Japanese towns dying? Is it just young people being influenced by wanting to live in big city?
>>
>>2650445
There’s no work there. They can’t even secure an income, let alone wealth and date.
>>
>>2650454
I wonder if the covid WFH shift will affect this. Assuming these places have any passable internet I guess. I could see it being very nice to live somewhere in the country while being able to do regular salaryman shit. Maybe the culture wouldn't allow something like that to be respected?
>>
>>2650337
I'd rather live in a small apt in Tokyo. You sound like a retired boomer
>>
>>2650445
It's the same issue that pretty much every country experiences, governments allocate all their resources towards the big cities and do fuck all to help the rest of the country. It's the same here in the UK too, all the money goes to the south (i.e., London), meanwhile they do nothing to improve the rail infrastructure or create more jobs up north. I guess it's good though since places like Newcastle aren't shitholes like London (hopefully this lasts). If you go to the Japanese countryside then you'll avoid all the multiculturalism shit happening in Tokyo and Kyoto, the only catch is you'll be the problem wherever you go and you'll have nothing to do whatsever.
>>
>>2650337
Its just lame. I wish it was illegal to own land here. It makes the country feel small when everyone is like you just some old fuck squatting on land he has no right to and preventing any kind of community from forming
Being rich and owning things doesnt matter if you live somewhere unpleasent
>>
How expensive is it to move to Japan and how does it work if you don't have a job but you're rich in America?

How the FUCK do I move there? Honestly. How the hell do youtubers do it? I clearly cant marry anyone or learn the language when Im not actively living there.
>>
>>2650445
Major population decline is big reason, also the work is really in two places Osaka and Tokyo. Kinda similar to London -UK
>>2650485
Easiest way is a student/work visa. Best was (while technically not a visa) is SOFA/ gov work for the US.
The issue is with SOFA you are not working for a Japanese Corp but a US entity and paid USD thus you cannot open a JP bank account.
That being said there isn't anything stopping you from buying land here aside you do need a reason (i.e vsia) to be here. Alot of the expat in my situation are married to Japanese wives/husbands and let them deal with the housing situation.
>>
>>2650455
To the extent it can shift it, it’s already happened. Less people are wfh in 2024 than 2022 not more. But the truth is that people do not want to live in these places even if they can afford it because the houses are shitty by modern standards and living out in the country is social suicide. If you’re already married you can possibly make it work, but if you’re not married there is zero chance whatsoever you’ll find a wife if you go out there.

I know this because this is what happened to me in my country. I left the biggest city to go back to my small rural college town and then even smaller more rural town after that and it was total professional social suicide. Now I split my time between the college town and the city, but I’m one of the lucky few who can actually do that.
>>
>>2650485
If you’re really that rich, you can pretty much buy a long term visa via investment and once you’re there get permanent residency or citizenship.

The YouTubers do it by being employees of media companies based in Japan that go and sponsor their visas.

The cost of in Japan is comparable to the American South and Midwest with some exceptions (Tokyo).
>>
>>2650481
>he wants something like land ownership to be illegal

Do you even read what you type or is this just a troll?
>>
>>2650219
Cheap enough, and the other alcohol options are good enough
>>2650231
Yes and out of spite they will only speak moonrunes to tourists, and english to locals
>>
Fukuoka 3 night, osaka 2, tokyo 5 sound good for next year? (only because the 1am from Haneda is the only way I can get home without 11 hour layovers that make me want to kms)
>>
>>2650481
oy vey
>>
>>2650527
>next year
Why are you booking so far ahead?
>>
>>2650537
I would be safer with Donald Trump in power leading the world.
>>
I'm struggling to figure out what order to do things in during my time in tokyo.
Should i keep things relatively close together per day? eg shinjuku stuff, shibuya stuff.
But then nakano broadway shows up, and that's so far out compared to the other things i want to do.
>>
>>2650555
I would. I'm trying to figure out what to do and setting waypoints. Ill be there for probably 3-4 days and one on the way back. Yeah, why zig zag all the place? It's a big town.
>>
>>2649512
I hope you're not about to ruin her and the kids life by making her a single mom in japan to a hafu
now you have a ticket to live in japan for good with a spouse visa, take responsibility anon
>>
>>2650485
>How expensive is it
Not really, I know a few people who went there with like $2-3k and nothing else. Obviously that's a little tight but it's enough for the first month at least, maybe more if you're extra frugal
>you're rich in America
Well then no worries
>How the FUCK do I move there?
For someone with no language skill, your literal only options are either language school or JET/private dispatch ALT work, but the latter would be fairly denigrating if you're a guy with qualifications in the states. Otherwise you could just marry someone-
>I clearly cant marry anyone
Well okay then
>or learn the language when Im not actively living there
You can definitely do this, most of us do, but it will take genuine discipline and isn't a rapid thing. In short your only option to move there, unless the Japanese government decide to let everyone in and scrap all prior requirements (which would be a bad idea for obvious reasons), is to get very good at Japanese very quickly and then try to find work out there in a field that you might have some experience, interest or at least qualifications in. Personally since you're rich I think 2 years of language school sounds like a good option, just aim to get to N1 in that time.
>>
>>2650563
Oh yeah, the working holiday visa is an option for 12 months, but once it's done you'd need to go home (similar situation for the language school route). You could work up to 28 hours a week in a FamilyMart or something, but bear in mind that's a much more stressful job than you might think. You don't need a job for the working holiday visa though, if you can prove you have sufficient funds to finance you for 12 months then you should be okay to stay without any job, and in fact it's good because once you're in Japan and have a residency number you can then apply for those kinds of jobs if you become desperate for income at any point during your stay.
>>
>>2650500
Lmao false
I'm of jeet descent and the jeets I bumped into could not speak any Japanese kek, only my superior polyglot brain is nihongo dekiru
>>
>We have confirmed that the application fee has been received today.
>Thank you for your payment.

>The application documents will be submitted to the Immigration Bureau in early June, and the results are expected to be released on August 17th.
>Until then, you may receive requests for additional documents from the Immigration Bureau, so please check your email frequently.

"additional documents"? what did she mean by this
was my tax forms/bank statement/paystubs/personal records/diploma/etc
not enough?
or is that just something they tell everyone
>>
I have a few questions:
>how often should i use keigo?
>how often will japanese people want to practice english with you?
>how good does your japanese have to be to the point that the average person won't immediately try switching to english?
>have you ever experience any kind of discrimination while visiting japan?
>>
Any good ryokans that are good for a solo traveler. I am not really the kinda guy to be pampered but I suppose I wouldn't mind if a woman brought me my meal in my room.

So... Solo Ryokan or no?
>>
>>2650337
dont see any cute girls there so
>>
>>2650555
Either do things in the same area, or plan a path each day so that you aren't going backwards and forwards all over the place.
>>
>Nyango Star is performing while I'm in Japan
>but it's all the way in Oita prefecture
Fuck, maybe next time.
>>
I got my visa this week! Will move to Tokyo in the fall.
I am a poor neet even though my dollar is strong vs the yen now.
what would the quality of life be like renting a room in a cheap shared house for like $400-500 a month?
>>
If you are a lonely introvert in your home country, you will be one in Japan.
>>
>>2650575
I always go to ryokan when I travel in Japan. In 2019 a very cute girl preped my meal in my room as I was all hot in my yukata from the hot spring. We started chatting and it was pretty fun. I supposed she could have sued me for sexual harassment (ie. Kazuma in Konosuba S3E3) if we were in US.

Sadly when I went back to Japan 2/3 ryokans' food were served by obaa-san. Very nice obaa-san but still. The last one was served by a normal chick but I was suffering from food poisoning then and was in no mood to talk (or eat, or even sit on the cushion.)
>>
>>2649992
>>2650068
Kek that's not me, but I was doing the same thing in February 2023, if anyone remembers. Good times. Now that I'm back in Canada, I don't take the bus or train anywhere, and my chinup progress has slumped big time. C'est la vie~
>>
This is one of the few countries I've been to that would not let me carry a sidearm during my stay.
>>
Is it worth bringing my switch and/or 3ds to japan? Just for using on the flight, long shinkansens when I'm sick of the landscape, and at night.
Especially after they destroyed the 3ds online (does that include streetpass?)
>>
>>2650621
you're taking a trip to japan get the fuck off the videogames you god damn nerd and enjoy life
>>
>>2650622
Ok, where do I find JCs?
>>
enjo kousai JCs?
>>
Are there any ladyboy places in Japan like Thailand?
>>
How about places where I can get my asshole torn open by fucking enormous ripped Japanese guys?
>>
>>2650621
Don't listen to that retard, just bring it with you. I use my switch all the time on local trains and noone bats an eye
>>
Nah. Just want to top a Japanese lady boy. Wondering if there any are bars for them specifically
>>
>>2650588
Everyone in the cities lives like a bug anyway so it’s better to save money on housing and just go out and enjoy the city, spend your money there

>>2650571
Use keigo when you’re not with friends. They will talk to you in broken English all the time unless you look Japanese. Even if you speak perfect Japanese and have a graduate degree in Japanese some people will still switch. You will expect discrimination every day, you are not Japanese and it will be obvious. You just learn to deal with it. The more you get to know somebody, if you are close friends then the less they will treat you like a subhuman. It is what it is.

>>2650555
I recommend going to one neighborhood per day, and leaving plenty of time to just explore and go off the beaten path. Don’t get too caught up in a strict itinerary. Tokyo will reward you for looking around under the rocks.

>>2650527
Yeah that’s a good plan

>>2650485
If you’re a millionaire you can just make a large investment like 10 million yen and get a visa for a few years. If you’re more middle class you have to get a job from a Japanese company or start a company in Japan with an office and Japanese employees. That one only costs like $100k USD but you have to actually run a real business. Moving to Japan isn’t always easy. The YouTubers all have local production companies, that’s how they get the visas.
>>
Kyoto sucks right now don’t go unless you like huge crowds of stinky people taking selfies
>>
>>2650634
Isnt this like peak tourist season? And when I hear Japan is over touristed, I am under the impression the crowds are mostly just annoying Chinese and Korean tourists. Like the crowds arent too much white or black. How true is this?
>>
Stay away from tourist hotspots retards. One street over there is nothing but Japanese people
>>
What the fuck happened this last trip, people always says that the japanese will switch to english even if you're speaking japanese (and I generally agree), but everywhere I went I had people mouthing off in japanese the moment I said I speak it a little, to the point I constantly had to ask people to slow down.
>>
>>2650646
I hope this happens to me, been studying for 3 years now
>>
>>2650571
>how often should i use keigo?
are you a non-east Asian foreigner? never. they don't expect you to, either.
>how often will japanese people want to practice english with you?
just casually off the street? it's happened to me maybe three times in two years, always when i was hanging out chilling at a park or waiting for a bus or something. if you meet people through work or hobbies, though, it becomes much more common if you spend extended time together.
>how good does your japanese have to be to the point that the average person won't immediately try switching to english?
native level. even if you can speak well the instant you show any sign of confusion they will attempt to explain with a gesture or broken english
>have you ever experience any kind of discrimination while visiting japan?
yes, but only what i'd call positive discrimination. i'm white though so YMMV
>>
>>2650649
>are you a non-east Asian foreigner? never. they don't expect you to, either.
Yep, white European but I've been learning Japanese for a little over a year. I still struggle with keigo but I'd like to be as respectful as possible, even if my Japanese isn't perfect
>>
>>2650569
Everyone.
>>2650617
Monkey.
>>
>>2650651
>I still struggle with keigo but I'd like to be as respectful as possible
in that case, just use it with everyone you meet, unless you're wasted at 2 AM in an osaka nightclub or something nobody will really find it weird. i suspect where you'll really struggle is comprehending what is being said to you in keigo, though, especially when you're in a convenience store and there's a line behind you and the checkout staff asks you an unexpected question
>>
>>2650586
You made me want to see him but I checked the site and there are no other events planned.
>>
can you make money off social media content/videos just from being in japan?
I don't know anything about social media or making money
>>
>>2650658
Don't be one of those people anon, come on...
>>
>>2650658
Yes but it's fairly saturated now. Unless you have the personality of an attractive TV star no one will want to watch some introverted nerd talking about Japan
>>
>>2650657
The worst part is that the events usually only pop up on the site 2 weeks beforehand, so it's hard to plan around.
>>
Why does everyone say to buy rail passes before u visit. Is it not like US or Europe where you can buy a 7 day metro pass at the gate?
>>
>>2650675
they're probably talking about the jr pass, both times I tried the lines were really long
you can just get it online before you go and save yourself an hour or two of waiting in line

regular rail passes are easy just pick one up at the airport or any major train station
>>
>>2650676
Ty friend. Do Osaka and Kyoto use the same pass or would they be different?
>>
File: F-k7R1ga0AA-40G.jpg (311 KB, 1448x2048)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>2649481
I was considering traveling to Japan this November (last two weeks before Thanksgiving) but it seems like it's gotten more congested than pre-Covid, so I'm wondering if there's any value to delaying my trip. I've got 2 weeks of vacation time, and I'm debating whether it's worth it to go while it's so heavily visited (especially since it seems like the locals in places like Kyoto are getting fucking sick of tourists).
If I do go, what are some lesser visited places that are worth checking out? It'll also be my gf's first time in Asia, so I'm trying to figure out what might be a good first visit for her
>>
File: 1701252234632314.jpg (530 KB, 2048x1536)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>2650685
Hire a car and/or travel to places outside the main 'tourist trap' route; outside of Sapporo-Tokyo-Osaka-Kyoto-Hiroshima-Fukuoka. Even when you do go to gaijin infested cities like Kyoto, you can hire a car and drive an hour northeast and be in amazing countryside surrounding Lake Biwa.

My favourite area I visited when I was there a few months ago was surprisingly Tottori-Matsue. I spent a full day driving along the coast with my mother stopping at various lookout points, shrines and temples, then we visited a large shrine in Matsue as the sun was setting and got dinner from the food trucks there, before driving 30 minutes up a dark mountain with no lights or phone reception to see a tiny shrine in the forest with the cold wind howling outside.

Tottori city itself is small and dated but not in a bad way. I'd easily go again.
>>
>>2650718
This. If you can’t rent a car in Japan you’re stuck with tourist places unfortunately.
>>
>>2650718
Good to know. I'm brushing up on my basic Japanese and bringing a little handbook for common phrases and questions. I'm also trying to build out a list spots near the main hubs of Kyoto/Tokyo/Osaka that are less popular but still interesting.
Hiring a car seems to be the move, so I'll give it a try. I've been considering Hokkaido as a place to visit in addition to Tokyo (I feel obligated to show my gf Tokyo given that this may be one of the only times we ever visit Japan)
>>
>>2650625
yes
>>
>>2650675
I think JR passes were cheaper when bought abroad.
>>
File: Dave-11.jpg (31 KB, 400x560)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
DUDE how long until weed gets legalized in Japan? They just recently made it legal for medical use. Germany also did the impossible and allowed it so I would imagine same thing happening in Japan someday.

You can already buy legal THC0 in those cbd shops but I would argue that this is very very risky atm. In mid 80s a friend went to university in Tokyo and said it was very common among young people to smoke weed all day. At the time there was no big punishment to be afraid of.
>>
Lmao:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/26/fujikawaguchiko-town-japan-block-mount-fuji-view-overcrowding

Literally just saw a Chink here almost get bonnet-fucked by a taxi when she crossed that road behind a bus.
>>
>>2650739
They need to set a limit on western tourists before it's too late. Perhaps they could do what el Salvador with the entry tax but make it $1000 for visitors with an American passport. That should keep most of the shitters out
>>
>>2650742
$1000 is nothing in US money. People make that in a day or two. I’d say it needs to be at least $5,000-$10,000 per entry into the country
>>
>>2650751
Should be a minimum N3 requirement to get into the country. Don't get in unless you're worthy of it
>>
Yokohama is pretty decent tonight. Some German festival down by the port and lots of cuties out in their skirts and mini skirts. Wish more women in the west wore skirts but I guess they’re just too fucking fat
>>
>>2650742
I bet it's the chinese.
>>
>>2650646
It's completely random in my experience. I had two waitstaff in the same restaurant where one spoke broken English to me and the other spoke Japanese.
>>
When did Japan become a “normie” location? Just look on instagram and you see hoards of Stacies flexing on their trips to Japan. By stacies I mean women who would go to somewhere like Ibiza to party rather than going to fucking Japan
>>
>>2650798
Because I now live here
>>
>>2649481
I love japan
>>
>>2650798
Reddit faggot here. I see a lot more titles with "Japan" reaching r/all in the past few years too.
>>
>>2650813
And it’s all over tiktok now too. Social media is a fucking cancer
>>
>>2650755
There should be weight, height, and race restrictions as well.
>>
What do the Japanese think of red haired people? Did the recent McDonalds ads improve their perception? If you go to a small mountain town will you be harassed?
>>
>>2650737
Please never go to Japan. If you want to shit up a country with drugs keep it in your own country.
>>
uh, lads
>>
I hope May just after golden week for a month was the right time to go before the rainy season, foreign summer tourist families everywhere and still nice weather.
>>
>>2650935
to the moon
>>
>>2650935
? So? I am going there in less than a week. That's a good rate. I already bought some at 150 though so will just use Costco card with 3% cash back and no foreign transaction fee when I can.
>>
>>2650935
Japanese press seems to be freaking out and even Trump called out the US for letting it get to this level.

Do we expect it to drop shortly? Should I buy a fuckton of yen?
>>
>>2650940
It's good if you are a tourist, but bad for our manufacturers. If you are a big guy at your local bank they will sometimes waive the conversion and delivery fee if you want to buy a thousand or two worth. I got 3k at 150/$1 but that was mainly because I am going over there soon.
>>
>>2650940
I'm waiting to see if it starts to noticeably drop back down but it's been going up for a while with no signs of stopping yet
>>
>>2650737
Iirc it became illegal when the US took over after The Second War because America wanted Japan to make bullets, factories and food instead of continuing their strong hemp market. Still grows rampantly in the wilds of Hokkaido and ppl there don’t care as long as you aren’t selling.
Its not like shrooms which were legal until a celebrity allegedly was on them when they launched out of a window in the 00’s. I think if USA federally legalized it, Japan would too in under 10 years. Even if just to capitalize on a
Weed/hemp - :/
Weed/hemp, Japan - :0
Fad
>>
File: fujiwara no mokou bane.png (205 KB, 558x313)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>2650943
>If you are a big guy
FOR YOU
>>
>>2650337
wow sounds fun. I mean actually it sounds fucking boring who the fuck wants to live alone in the middle of nowhere and have to drive at least an hour just to get anywhere wtf
also there's nature everywhere in tokyo and you can easily take a 5 mins train ride to the country and go on a hike. I don't know why boomers idolize living alone and seeing the same shit every fucking day of their lives so they can what shoot animals and drive a gay ass truck all the time lmao bunch of anti-social loner weirdos
>>
>>2650954
Well if you have over a certain amount invested with them then.

>>2650958
15 minutes to get to a main street with anything I want to eat, drink or whatever. Keep being angry or maybe fix yourself so you can live such a nice life.
>>
>>2650798
Blew up in the last 10 years or so thanks to normalization of anime and j-vloggers.
eCelebs like Jake Paul and PewDiePie in Japan were huge.
>>
>>2650961
>maybe fix yourself so you can live such a nice life
*crack sip*
"yep"
*gets in truck*
*wears shorts and hat to denny's*
*goes home*
nice life bro
>>
File: FZH8w_4UIAAqLQe.jpg (233 KB, 1231x2172)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
I am such an anxious wreck that I spent most of the day in my hotel room. I kinda wanted to go to a club or bar or something but I was scared people would think I was weird. I feel the creeping sensation that things will never change, and it terrifies me. I don't want to let go and give up and sink into the abyss. I came here because I wanted things to be different.
The only time I can barely manage to be around strangers and not be visibly neurotic is if I'm drunk as shit. Do I just destroy myself and get obliterated at some new Shinjuku bar every night? Would I have better luck in Roppongi?

I just don't want go back home filled with regrets that I let my anxiety stop me from seeking out human connection like it has for the past decade.
>>
Why learn Japanese if every Japanese person will just assume you don’t know it and even not talk to you in Japanese after you say you know Japanese in Japanese?
>>
>>2650969
You are only the main character in your own story.

Do you remember something embarassing you did in elementary school? You can probably remember a lot.

Well, how many can you remember of other people? Maybe a couple? 1 per person at most?

No one is going to remember. Even if you make an absolute ass out of yourself, the narrative to them is still focused around THEM watching it.

This applies to all of life. No one is paying attention, be a fucking psycho.
>>
>1 usd = 157.73 yen
Owarida
>>
>>2650658
>>2650659
There are a billion "OMG LOOK AT THIS QUIRKY THING IN JAPAN!!!" youtubers. Not even Abroad in Japan does it well because he's not actually a travel/tourism channel, although he does have a couple of helpful videos about very general tips for tourists.
>>
>>2650737
I would be really upset if Japan goes weedbro. Weed makes me feel sick and I smell it just about every day in usa. I never ran into it in tokyo.
>>
Help!!! Amity uses ip logs to see if you're writing your own references and they caught me on 2 already. I got 1 legit one, trying to get 1 more, I hate providing references, my LinkedIn is already full of references on my page, I just don't want anyone to know I'm trying to be an English teacher. I've already done fucking 3 hours of interviewing, got rejected by all the other shitty big eikawas. This was so much easier than when I was living there, fuu kkk. Should I call the recruiter? I don't even know if I want to go back to Japan anymore I was there for 4 years, worked on a base, loved exploring and not worrying about noggers and drugs, but I realized I don't find Asians very attractive, yet I found that constantly seeing white women in yoga pants isn't exactly healthy and I'm constantly thinking about sex in America whereas in Japan I kinda just fucking chilled and saw girls in baggy clothes who were cute but unfortunately asian
>>
Should've bought a VPN ..
>>
>>2650969
The first step to getting better is admitting you have social anxiety. The second step is forgiving yourself for it. The third step is living your life as you think you should live it anyway.

No, you don’t obliterate yourself. You identify somewhere you want to go or something you want to do and you go there and you do it. And if you get the chance, make even a little bit of small talk with somebody. Anybody.
>>
>>2650981
>>2650824
No weed or Americans allowed in Japan. Ever.
>>
>>2650567
Are you a baito jobber though? Or could they be reluctant to talk to you in a foreign language
>>
>>2650990
Nope I was walking around Tokyo usually whenever I came across them. There were jeet kids around Taito-ku speaking in Japanese which was weird, it's only okay when I do it
>>
>>2650984
What?
>>
>>2650981
>I would be really upset if Japan goes weedbro
That will only happen after 420 years, give or take. Japan is so subservient to USA that the things explicitly banned in the 40s, Specific to this topic the banning of marijuana and hemp which had both or either been used in Shintoism and other traditional uses.
In either case Japan subsequently got properly swept up in the war against drugs before it even became a thing in the US and since Japanese politicians care more about appeasing the voters (read: turboelderly conservatives) no such thing as decrminalization or legalization is on the horizon for a long while
>>
File: UN Owen.jpg (3.01 MB, 3024x4032)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB JPG
>>2650969
What are your hobbies or interests? If a normal bar is too intimidating for you, you could visit an otaku bar, instead. For example, an otaku bar that many 4chan posters have visited over the years are Touhou Project bars. U.N. Owen is the oldest Touhou Project bar while Bar Flandre is the youngest.

https://otaku-bar.com/

https://twitter.com/ajotakubar

Bar Flandre:

https://www.barflandre.com/

https://twitter.com/haru13taka12

U.N. 逢縁 Osaka Nazdrowie:

https://owenosaka.com/

https://twitter.com/UNOsaka1

BAR U.N. 逢縁 (オーエン):

https://barunowen.wixsite.com/u-n-owen

https://twitter.com/bar_u_n_owen
>>
>>2651022
nta but I'm pretty disappointed I wasn't aware of this when I was there
>>
File: 1654089804308.jpg (493 KB, 1485x1509)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>2650798
For some reason people don't want to visit places like New York City, Paris, Berlin or Stockholm, but they still want to visit Tokyo or Osaka
>>
>>2651046
curious
>>
>>2651046
going from a connecting flight in a major US city straight to tokyo is the biggest eye opener
I love seeing peoples reactions when they finally realize our cities are fucking awful disgusting 3rd world shitholes
>>
>>2650981
Weed is like the only drug people do in Japan. You can absolutely find it in Tokyo if you want it.
>>
>>2651022
what the FUCK is that Wingdings looking ass kanji on that sign
>>
File: GMDoXsHakAA3WT7.jpg (487 KB, 1477x1109)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
For anybody here that is currently staying in Hokkaido and enjoys exploring abandoned properties, a former Anne of Green Gables theme park named Canadian World is open today.

Canadian World is open on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays from April 27, 2024 (Saturday) to October 26, 2024 (Saturday)

Opening: 10:00 am - Closing: 5:00 pm (Last entry: 4:30 pm)

https://www.canadian-world.com/

https://twitter.com/Canadian_world

Canadian World Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqA8-Vi-o44

Canadian World Tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu81PoCMxF8
>>
>>2651091
It reminds me of seal script Chinese. Hurts my eyes.
>>
>>2650739
Serious question: Why can't tourists just behave? What is it about being abroad for a week or two that just lets the mask of normal decency slip?
>>
File: 1683760005972047.png (620 KB, 883x793)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
Is October or November a good time to visit? i hear Japan gets less tourists in the Fall season and i prefer chilly temperatures.
>>
>>2651155
i drove all across tohoku for two weeks last November and i can probably count the number of non-Asian tourists i encountered in that time on one hand. but keep in mind i was in literally the most inaka, sparsely populated regions of the country that isn't a particularly attractive tourism destination

I did see lots of chinese, korean, and southeast asian tour groups though as well as tons of japanese people doing in-country travel and sightseeing
>>
File: I'm coming.png (49 KB, 1080x826)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>2650623
>not having J○s ask where to find YOU
>>
Is there a list of what English language songs they have to sing at Karaoke places? And which would be the best one to go to as a solo traveller, in Tokyo?
>>2651153
Because those assholes think they're superior to everyone else and should be treated as such.
They also tend to act hypocritical, telling foreigners to not come to [their home country] if they can't speak English, and that it's those dirty foreign tourists who are ruining [their home country] and clogging up the roads/places they want to visit.
>>
>>2650935
on the flipside burgers are paying $17 a pop for a McDonald's menu meal so it evens out in the end, the only people winning are you know who
>>
I'm planning and have over half a day spare in osaka, where's a good area i can visit that isn't dotonbori? The castle? Umeda?
My plan was to see Nara in the afternoon, and visit the observation deck behind it for sunset.
>>
>>2651163
advice?
>>
Do all the anon bar meetups happen in Shinjuku and Shibuya? Or is anyone staying near Ueno/Asakusa
>>
>>2651196
Mainly, but if you want to organise a meetup elsewhere you just have to ask. Further up in the thread is a tentative plan for a meetup next month in Osaka.
>>
>>2650992
You reply to that but not the post before it...
>>
File: 20240318_070708.jpg (3.72 MB, 2700x3600)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
nice tree...
>>
>>2651212
jesus christ my dude
>>
>>2651219
Don't be jelly you can't muster enough courage to speak to Japanese girls and not lose your spaghetti.
>>
>>2651212
>japanese girls cheat
My guy did you fall in love with a deliheru girl? Please tell me you didn’t
>>
File: 20240427_164544.jpg (490 KB, 1440x1799)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>2651225
>deliheru girl
No that being said it's a crazy story how we met.
Her friend introduced me to her but told me that she was kinda dumb and tried unsuccessfully to get into some kinda of surgar daddy relationship which I thought was hilarious (still friends just really honest with me). She has more that landmine/kuromi style than anything which I guess is a red flag to some.
Picrel on the left obviously.
>>
>>2651227
I hope your gf is the one whose face is blurred. The one who is not blurred looks like trouble to me.
>>
Why are there so may god damn Chinks here, I thought they hated Japan?
>>
>>2651240
Devalued to fuck yen and obviously being close to China.

Also Japanese don't hate Chinese, there are chinatowns all over Japan and one can ligit argue Japanese food is an extension of Chinese cuisine. Most of the Chinese here are pretty assimilated, if you go to Yokohama Chinatown it's really a tourist attraction for Japanese more than anything.
They do hate most mainlanders comming over for sure and somenof the extremely nasty and rude behavior they do.
>>
>>2651212
>Getting a japanese girl to call you teacher

Teach me the way Sensei.
>>
>>2651166
The big karaoke chains have dam or joysound systems, and you can search their catalogs on the web. Have some rankings:
https://www.joysound.com/web/karaoke/ranking/foreign/monthly
https://www.clubdam.com/genre/foreign/ranking_year.html
>>
Probably going to be super drunk in Roppongi or Shibuya in a few hours if anyone wants to meet up later tonight
>>
>>2651022
I really wish I knew about this a few months ago.
>>
>>2651227
>tried unsuccessfully to get into some kinda of surgar daddy relationship
oh man
>>
Is exchanging social media accounts a big deal, or is it just something people do nonchalantly?
>>
>>2651227
she looks insane
>>
>>2650537
I kinda splurged this time round and idk if I'll have decent spending money in time for november given I'm only part time atm cos of my co-workers being shitty
>>
Took a friend to M’s store in Tokyo and he was disappointed it wasn’t more depraved. Is there anywhere I can show him to blow his mind? We’re in both Tokyo and Osaka for a few days.
>>
Is there anything I should wear in Japan to look more acceptable? My normal travel wear is a button up moisture wicking shirt with collar with shorts and light hiking sneakers. I am thinking about packing less and buying some local shirts, some type of slip on shoe (because temples, onsens and things). Can anyone reccomend a good quality local Japanese activewear/travel clothing manufacturer/store in Tokyo? Any thoughts on looking better, dressing appropriately would help a bunch. I am Caucasian and 7'1 280lbs.

Thank you,
>>
>>2651315
She pretty normal just extremely clingy but in a good way.
>>
>>2651340
If she isn't bpd, she's golden.
Speaking from experience
>>
>>2651338
Are you fit/buff or not?
>>
>>2651350
Pretty plain actually. I got big legs though. Also pushing 40 but that's a good thing.

Also, how's the service of Mobals E-sim compared to the rest of the one month e-sim tourist phone plans?
>>
>>2651350
>japanese comments go from kakkoi to tsuyoi sou the more I go to the gym
maximum ego lift
thank you japanese obasans
>>
>>2651364
Ego lift is not a good thing anon.
>>
>>2651352
I was asking, since you can get away with a bit tighter clothing if you are. I was there dressed with truckerhat, nice, clean jeans, and clean, well fitted t-shirt, and it was fine, but ymmv, especially depending on where you go. Just be sure that what you have fits well and is clean.
>Also, how's the service of Mobals E-sim compared to the rest of the one month e-sim tourist phone plans?
Are you there for a month? I used the $10/day international plan from my carrier and it was very convenient, personally.
>>2651364
>japanese comments go from kakkoi to tsuyoi sou the more I go to the gym
It sucks, back home nobody gives a shit, but there, I get complimented on it. wtf
>>
>>2650982
Halp
>>
File: 1551336479824.jpg (145 KB, 952x960)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Just booked impromptu flights for next week for 2 weeks. First time in Japan.
>>
>>2651352
I did the physical sim and it works good. Only option if you want a jp number anyway.
>>
I arrived in Osaka today.
There were some really cute border security guards. I really wanted them to detain me.

There is one girl in particular on the hotel staff that is extremely cute, the cutest I've seen. She was checking me in and I was literally sweating.
>>
What's the best way to buy Yen before I travel there, while it's still cheap?
>>
Late May Osaka-anons, just to make sure you all drink right?
>>
>>2651380
i've been told to go through my bank for yen. don't know about your country or bank though

>>2651376
have fun my dude
>>
My two weeks are up. Leaving tomorrow. Back to reality and back to working 9 to 6. Yawn.
>>
>>2651391
move there
>>
>>2651393
Don't have a college degree. I'm just a lowly second line IT support drone
>>
>>2651394
get a degree online from WGU or just get a degree in japan on a student visa
degrees are way cheaper to get there and plenty of unis have them fully taught in english
>>
Never move to another country. You will never have a home again.
>>
So about JCs...
>>
>>2651395
>2024
>Still wasting time and money with real degrees
Ngmi.
>>
>>2651400
Agreed. qrd?
>>
Friendly reminder that murder specified in Chapter XXVI of the Japanese criminal code is illegal in Japan.
>>
Rape of JCs technically is also illegal in Japan but there are certain sections in the code that are a bit... nebulous.
>>
>>2651406
Murder is illegal homicide. It is, by its very nature, illegal
>>
Why do japs do this weird thing where they cover their mouth especially when they laugh

https://youtu.be/5QXsY3K33PA?start=129
>>
File: 20240319_094057.jpg (3.37 MB, 3000x4000)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
I'm pretty sure you sit on the floor and not the table, right? But please correct me if I got it wrong
>>
>>2651417
Why are most of the girls so ugly?
>>
>>2651436
I don't know what I am looking at. Is that a dining room? No clue.
>>
What is a good japanese language school to apply to
>>
>>2651442
they're not, retard
>>
>>2651458
There’s only like two, maybe three, I’d even consider going out with
>>
>>2651379
I bumped into the dividing barrier for check in line after forgetting my luggage on check in, she giggled so much it melted my heart
>>
>>2651461
>>2651417

The one covering her face with her hand is unironically the cutest one
>>
>>2651457
>wanting to learn a dying language of a conquered nation.

Son...
>>
Heading to Osaka this time, wondering if a trip to stay a night or two in kinosaki is worth it. I love ryokans and traditional onsen (that allow tattoos). Is it worth the 2 hour trip?
>>
>>2651338
I recommend Avail, Fashion Center Shimamura, and Sakazen if you are looking to buy clothes in Japan because unlike many clothing shops, the 3 businesses go out of their way to cater to big and tall customers and not just the average sized Japanese. However, Avail and Fashion Center Shimamura lean more toward female customers than male customers. In addition, Sakazen has a total of 34 locations in Japan so do not be fooled into believing Sakazen has only one location in Shinjuku. Sakazen's two main stores are actually located in Nihonbashi.

https://www.shimamura.gr.jp/en/company/business/business.html

https://www.shimamura.gr.jp/avail/

https://twitter.com/gravail

https://www.shimamura.gr.jp/shimamura/

https://twitter.com/shimamura_gr

https://www.sakazen.co.jp/

https://www.sakazen.co.jp/shop

https://twitter.com/sakazen_pr
>>
Anything worth doing in Fukuoka/Kumamoto besides the Musashi stuff?
>>
>>2651470
Thanks, what are some outdoor related Japanese brands for shirts and shoes over there? Technical that looks good but not really fashionable. Kinda like Arcterx, Mountain Hardware, North Face (before going woke), Merrell.
>>
>>2651468
What?
>>
>>2651474
I'm simply stating that as an English reader/speaker there are much more useful languages you can learn than some obscure small oriental nations language that isn't growing. Unless you are going to be some intermediary for big business between the US and Japan... No... Actually no, English is the language of international business.

I can't think of a single good reason to learn Japanese beyond a hobby. Just as useful as learning Klingon IMHO.
>>
>>2651475
But I want to move to Japan
>>
>>2649481
i hope you gaijins all die
>>
>>2651475
lemme guess, you got laughed out of /djt/
>>
>>2651478
Dude... you can go over there for three months at a time. You can go see all the stuff you want and go back whenever you want. Never renounce your home citizenship. Especially now for a foreign nation like Japan. Yeah, the exchange rate is good now but that won't be forever probably. You want to buy an abandoned home or some cheap place there? You can! Foreigners can buy property. You don't need to be a citizen. But geeze, don't think you can just sell everything pack up and move there and expect it will ever be your home. I've talked to too many people in my travels that leaving their home country was a huge regret because you will never be "home" again.

Then you got the ones who think they will just jump back and forth. Time passes, you miss major events, you become a wandering lost soul with no home. It's heartbreaking. As for languages, if you still intend to work and are not currently retired, there are much more useful languages you can learn to make yourself more valuable.
>>
>>2651483
No I want to move. I don't like America and don't see a future here.
>>
>>2651461
>I wouldn't even consider going out with these women
says the fucking 4channer kek
>>
>>2651490
Not him, but some of us have standards. We don't just bang every little child we can get lucky with.
>>
>>2651264
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>2651483
Not that anon, but literally America has sped past "happening" stage and it is, without joking, an absolute danger to exsist and mind your own business in America. You can and will be attacked by people who have immunity to actual consequences while you eat radioactive micro plastic slop. Hell I'd move to japan based on better food in general. Japan may not be the best work enviroment, but hiky shit its leagues better then the "diversity is our strength" riots.
>>
>>2651503
Stop living in shitty dem run cities

Problem (mostly) solved.
>>
>>2651504
You act as if everywhere else in America isn't just depressing...
I spend 2 weeks in a rural American town vs a rural Japanese town. I know where I'd rather be.
>>
>>2651483
I'm gonna live there for a year and learn the language.
then move to a different country and do the same afterwards.
total immersion speeds up language learning a lot but even without it you can pick up a new language in a few years of daily self-study.
it's not like you can only learn one other language in your lifetime (people also like japanese media, and it has a good artistic tradition; especially film)
>>
>>2651503
lol social media got this kid so scared of antifa that he's shitting his pants to get out of america, thinking the psychosis won't follow him on a plane
>>
>>2651475
>I'm simply stating that as an English reader/speaker there are much more useful languages you can learn
>Actually no, English is the language of international business
People are allowed to have hobbies and being even passably conversational in Japanese helps a lot of fucking miles when you eventually get there, even as a tourist
>>2651483
What a sad world view.
>>
>>2651518
How the fuck do I be passable because I've been doing anki for an hour everyday for a year and I still can't do anything. I studied grammar too. I am still not even n5
>>
>>2651503
You bought the propaganda.

Japan has some of the least stringent laws for additives versus any other evolved nation and high use of pesticides (4x higher than the US). Also diabetes is growing at an alarming rate due to their high carb and salt diets. 1 in 6 people have type 1 diabetes.
>>
>>2651518
Not him, but with instant translate these days as long as you have a phone/device with you, you can get anything done.
>>
>>2651521
Just study is useless if you don’t actually do the thing. Read some basic books and talk to Japanese speakers online.
>>
>>2651521
Taking a course online or in person, possibly even in Japan through a language school would most likely help if you're struggling with self learning

>>2651524
I've had foreigners try to translate from their language to mine and fact is that it just doesn't work at all, you have to do it to english or any instant translator just goes to shit
>>
>>2651483
>I've talked to too many people in my travels that leaving their home country was a huge regret because you will never be "home" again.

Everything is becoming more expensive. Prices on alot of things have doubled or nearly doubled just in the last few years. Cities are getting worse every year. Rural areas are just as bad, have you ever been to west virginia? Our zoning laws are awful, nothing is walkable. I've been priced out of ever owning a home that's not some crack den in a crimer zone. I make enough money freelance to live decently and save a good amount; not be poor enough for welfare, but not good enough to afford my own health insurance. I haven't been to the doctor or dentist in over 10 years. If I ever wanted to further my education it would cripple me financially. I've moved every few years since I was born, I don't have a childhood home or state. The airport is more of a home to me, that's how much I've been flying since I was a kid (parents divorced early, been flying to visit dad alot). My """""home""""" is a shithole of a country if you're middle class or under. Make less then six figures? Get fucked.

Does japan's work culture suck ass? Absolutely. Does their obsession with bureaucracy and paperwork suck ass? Yep. Are there things that probably suck that I'm not aware of? I bet. I'd still rather live in japan. I could realistically buy a home there. I could afford to further my education. I could get on national health insurance and have several checkups every year. I could live without requiring a car to get everywhere.

If you make good money in the states with a nice job in a safe area, great. Most people don't.
>>
>>2651532
>west Virginia

All the time as I live on a ranch in MD. Love hiking at dolly sods among other areas. It's actually a pretty nice place to visit if you like the outdoors. But yeah, there was always growing up people poking fun about west Virginia and dirt farmers. West Virginia is way better on taxes. Sometimes wish I settled there.

>walkable

Uh... I have a car, truck and motorcycle. If I want to walk I just park in a downtown and walk the strip or whatever.

I'm sorry about your situation truly. Thanks for sharing. Do whatever you need to do to make yourself content I guess.
>>
>>2651534
Man people like you killed our cities
>>
>>2651526
>>2651527
How do I do that? What are good language schools
>>
>>2651540
The taxes your towns get from my property alone is substantial and blown on bullshit I never use. Blame your local leaders as I originally said. Be thankful to us landowners.
>>
>>2651542
What does this have to do with my post
>>
>>2651417
Every single video regarding dating and stuff in Japan, the women are just constantly shitting on japanese men. Are they really that bad or wtf is happening over there
>>
>>2651543
Just the fact that much of my property taxes are put in a pot that is spent on revitalizing and supporting the local downtowns and state-wise the people in big cities take advantage of that.

I am not seeing your problem with cities. They get more than enough taxes to make cities nice but they blow it on bs. I am not the problem, the city gov/officials are. Take up your gripes with them.
>>
>>2651551
The fuck is this off topic post? I don't care about any of that stuff.
>>
>>2651547
They have the bug mindset and don't know how to interact with women. Women want to be used, abused and degraded and most jap man can't provide that
>>
>>2651557
Epic incel
>>
>>2651555
You brought it up. You said I am the reason why cities suck. I am correcting you.
>>
>>2651560
Ok boomer
>>
>>2651557
>used, abused and degraded

Most tweens/teens I have noticed don't want those things at all. You must be speaking to some mental illness during their over the hill decline as they age over 18.
>>
>>2651561
Glad you are seeing things clearer now son.
>>
>>2651534
>All the time as I live on a ranch in MD.
wow, must be nice
>>
>>2651564
Go away. Why did you go on a off topic old man political rant. All these years on this earth and you never learned the lesson that people want different things
>>
>>2651565
It is. Taxes are kinda high but I can afford it. I get a few subsidies here and there for ponds and land use for waterfowl migration. It's a pretty area. Nice to have some breathing room and anything I need a town for is pretty close. Why?
>>
File: Workman Plus.jpg (745 KB, 1480x960)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
>>2651473
Workman is Japan's largest workwear manufacturer and retailer and they sell belts, boots, helmets, masks, rain wear, winter wear, work wear, safety belts, safety shoes, socks, tools, work gloves, etc. However, because you have stated that you are 7 feet 1 inch tall and weight 280 lbs, be aware that size availability can vary by store and larger clothing sizes may only be available online

Workman Girl is a brand targeting the female audience. It has a solid selection of high performance items that are also great for daily use, such as one piece articles of clothing and joggers.

Workman Plus is a specialty shop for outdoor clothing, rain wear, and sports wear. It has many outstanding items that are waterproof and resistant to cold weather.

Workman Pro sells the ultimate work wear for professionals

Workman Latest Catalog: https://www.workman.co.jp/%E6%9C%80%E6%96%B0%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B0

https://www.workman.co.jp/

https://workman.jp/shop/default.aspx

https://twitter.com/workman_plus

https://twitter.com/wm_online_store
>>
>>2651473
>Can anyone reccomend a good quality local Japanese activewear/travel clothing manufacturer/store in Tokyo?
> 7'1 280lbs
You're more than double my weight and are going to struggle to find anything there. Try and Wander, Snow Peak or anything from Daiwa for high quality outdoor wear as well as thrift stores like 2nd street or non-chain ones; outdoor wear is plentiful in thrift stores and is usually imported from the US to begin wtih.
>>
>>2651573
Thank you! I will look into it. In the USA we differentiate workwear and outdoor/travel wear. Workwear is usually quite rugged. Heavy canvas and high wearing materials usually in safety colors. Outdoor wear is usually highly focused on comfort and weather resistance but not quite as "thick" as workwear and can also look good. I don't want to look like a construction worker walking in a bunch of temples etc. :) Thanks again.
>>
>>2651580
I'm not fat.
>>
>>2651558
>t. has never interacted with a female
>>
>>2651586
>Ywnb dragged to a 小学校 school yard by a bunch of furious JS, tied up and hit with sticks while they call you 白豚

Why even live. I'd give my life savings for this
>>
>>2651583
I'm 7'1 stupid. I could throw you at least half way across the road if I wanted to. Whatever, have fun playing games online.
>>
>>2651586
Good to know, I usually have to pay girls to hurt me.
>>
File: cover14.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>2651586
>>
>>2651586
You're saying the Chang, Kim/zainichi problem could be solved overnight?
>>
>>2651338
Where to Buy Plus Size Men's Clothes in Japan: https://www.japanlivingguide.com/dailylife/shopping/largesized-mens-clothes/

Large size shoes for foreigners - Where to find them in Japan: https://www.japanlivingguide.com/dailylife/shopping/large-size-shoes/
>>
>>2651586
No one tell him what whites used to do to blacks.
>>
>>2651569
>"bro! don't move to japan, you won't have a home anymore! it's great here!"
>actually, shit kinda sucks I don't have a house and I barely make ends meet
>"oh really? well I have my own ranch and a ton of property and I get subsidies from the government, don't all of you have this?"

yeah I bet it's nice in the states when you're this well off I can see why you wouldn't want to immigrate
>>
>>2651602
Calm down, Tariq
>>
File: Suit Square.jpg (151 KB, 1470x910)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>2651338
You should consider buying suits in Japan if you can find ones that can fit you.

Where to find Tailor Made Suits in Tokyo & Stores in Tokyo where you can buy Inexpensive Suits: https://www.japanlivingguide.com/dailylife/shopping/tokyo-tailor-services/

Picture related: SUIT SQUARE (スーツスクエア):
>>
File: how to make koreans mad.png (277 KB, 2048x1808)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>2651607
>>
>>2651609
>making fun of a country that's spent decades under the rule of an ultra feminist shadow-government+cult
I may not like Worst Korea, but you shouldn't make fun of them.
>>
back home I was using bumble travel mode set to Osaka, getting a bunch of new matches each day for the last week.

Now I've actually arrived, suddenly zero matches.
I even used a spotlight, got just 1 match.

what gives?
>>
>>2651642
Online dating is shit m8, most people believe it or not don't use it.
There are so many single bars and clubs here. Why waste time on scamy online dating? Even if bars or clubs aren't your thing why not try the miyrad of meetup/local events here?
>>
>>2651646
I get social anxiety
>>
File: Gunze Apparel Brands.png (232 KB, 1223x754)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>2651338
I am not sure if they will fit you but if you are interested in Japanese underwear brands, Gunze is one of the oldest underwear manufacturers in Japan. Gunze's men's underwear brands include BODY WILD, Kaiteki Kobo (Comfort Workshop), SEEK, the GUNZE, and YG. When reading up on Japanese men's fashion, you will often hear people discuss the 100% cotton Kaiteki Kobo (Comfort Workshop) underwear and BODY WILD boxers they bought from Gunze. By the way, Gunze products are also available for purchase on Amazon Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunze

Gunze Apparel Business: https://www.gunze.co.jp/english/products/apparelfield/

Gunze Apparel Store Information: https://www.gunze.co.jp/english/products/shop/

https://www.gunze.jp/store/

Gunze Store at Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/stores/page/290C0FA9-1423-4E58-A2E4-6523F5E0F643

https://twitter.com/gunze_jp

Untold story about adoption of Bemberg for Gunze Kaiteki Kobo (Comfort Workshop) - Hada-Sarari Series: https://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/fibers/en/bemberg/news/detail/201608030000.html
>>
File: mads.jpg (11 KB, 224x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Planning stuff in Shinjuku and Shibuya atm. So far what I've seen that interests me is:
Shibuya crossing, Meiji Jingu, Hachiko, Shibuya Sky, Don Quijote, Parco
Shinjuku national garden, kabukicho, metropol gov building, batting centre, golden gai

Aside from exploring in between is there anything big I'm missing?
>>
>>2651657
You seem to be in the wrong place. This isn't Facebook, Reddit or Twitter.
>>
so... a friend roped me into a trip to Japan this June (1 to 21) but, isn't June full rainy season? it's the only month we both will be free so it won't matter much, I just want to know if i should pack more jackets and the like instead of aummer clothes
>>
>>2651741
>so... a friend roped
I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>2651749
cool story, Chang, tell it again whilst your great grandma gets raped
>>
>>2651748
it was a very sad moment yeah, but he would have wanted to know of June is the worst month to go or not
>>
>>2651741
Make sure that you take two pairs of shoes.
Most Japanese will carry umbrellas instead of raincoats, you can get cheap umbrellas everywhere.
>>
>>2651802
Everywhere I have read said it starts in June or Mid June. Take a raincoat that breathes. Take a backpack not a suitcase. Keep your hands free. I will be there for the month of May.

>>2651804
I an curious about this. I am going to bring one hiking sneaker that is really comfortable but wondering if I should get Merrell jungle mocs or some stable slip on shoe for shrines or whenever I need to remove shoes frequently.
>>
>>2651749
Cringe post but the only thing that is somewhat true is the bit about Japanese women. They're the highest effort East Asian women to hook up with, there are way more prerequisites than for Chinese women, Korean women etc. and then on top of that, Japanese women are usually wound up pretty tight and will drop you if you so much as even try to fool around a bit. Their male-female gender dynamic is way too fucking antiquated. The only issue is that I hate western women too, so I require a compromise. Are SEA girls the best Asian women?
>>
>>2651827
>cringe

You are using that word in the wrong manner. What you mean to say I'd that post made you wince.
>>
>>2651828
Oops *is
>>
anything should i know or prepare before going to nipland?
im going there on june 30 and i cant figure out how to go from narita airport to adachi
>>
>>2651834
oh i forgot to mention but i'll be in the country for 7 days and i'll be visiting kyoto and osaka
>>
>>2651835
Load up suica card with funds, use Google maps to literally guide you step by step by foot, train stop, time till train arrival, price etc. Just hit start, go where it says to go and you're there.

You can virtually walkthrough it beforehand though.
>>
>>2651547
Because it makes the video more engaging to the target audience who are not native Japanese. Street interviews and biased and cherry picked.
>>
File: url(3).jpg (69 KB, 602x400)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Gonna go for it!
>>
>>2651857
thanks, anon
>>
>>2651877
The only shot you should be taking is to the head.
>>
File: url(4).jpg (144 KB, 500x750)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>2651869
Ganbare!
>>
>>2651886
Sexy.
>>
>>2651886
what did you reply to?
It's gone
>>
I'm craving donbei so bad I might cave and pay the extortionate prices on amazon
>>
what to do in adachi city?
>>
>>2651925
If you're an Ippo fan, JB sports gym is nice to see
>>
Do I have to bring my birth certificate and ss card along
>>
>>2651933
not bad
guess i'll take a peek there when i arrive
>>
Any reccomendations for 2 weeks in Kyushu- ive been to Honshu and Hokkaido multiple times so want to try somewhere else.
So far i know im flying into Nagasaki and then flying out of Kagoshima. I wanna go to Kummamoto, Fukuoka, and the place they bury you in sand. id like to see Aso and maybe some of the islands too but i'd rather travel slower..
any reccomendations or hints appreciated!
ps; be there in late august/sept
pps: im trans. sometimes.
>>
>>2652001
>pps: im trans. sometimes.
Please don’t ruin Japan
>>
>>2651918
Some guy blogging about his oriental girlfriend.
>>
>>2651922
Where do I get the actual kitsune girl?
>>
>>2652018
Ah, ok. Thank you. I was disoriented not seeing the post.
>>
>>2652032
You can always check the PTHC archive. On archived, desustorage 4plebs etc
>>
I didn’t read that anons post but I feel like posts about dating should be fair game, as long as they aren’t a thinly veiled attempt to discuss prostitution.
>>
>>2652040
>prostitution
Why should their be rules dictating to us what we can and cannot discuss on our trips? How would you like it if you were a deadly Marijuana narcotics user and wanted to talk about smoking with a fellow traveler but moderators say OH NOOO! YOU CANT TALK ABOUT THAT!

What if we talked about visiting someplace like North Korea or visited some monument with a different political affiliation than what the moderator likes? Slippery slope. We are humans, many of us are going to want to fuck on our vacations. We are going to go to places and give patronage to places other people won't like. Wtf man... Are you people wholly incapable ignoring things you don't like or agree with? What gall you have thinking you should be able to dictate people's lives and what they want to discuss.
>>
File: owaridesu.jpg (765 KB, 4160x3120)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>2652007
>Please don’t ruin Japan
i think they're already done sadly...
>>
File: url(5).jpg (12 KB, 590x332)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
私たちの小さな子供たちにペニスを押し込まないでください。ありがとう。
>>
File: url(2).gif (97 KB, 220x183)
97 KB
97 KB GIF
>>2652072
>>
How bad is golden week if I'm just staying in tokyo? This is the difference between staying 2 weeks or 3 weeks
>>
Redpill me on Shinjuku
>>
>>2652079
Tight, scummy, lights everywhere, people puking at night, scammers dressed like monks or priests, sleeping on the ground, people yelling at you to come into their dirty little bars. Go early in the evening then get out.
>>
>>2652053
My point is more that I would like clear rules on what is and isn't allowed. The rules say that prostitution and sex tourism are not allowed, but then some other anon allegedly was talking about dating in Japan and had his posts deleted. I would just like some consistency in the meaning and enforcement of the rules.
>>
>>2652068
> Nooo, the country where samurai and monks fucked boys has gay people on it.
>>
>>2652035
I was trying to make a shitty pun, but it never occurred to me to use one of those sites, thanks!
>>
File: 1613339507692.png (3.33 MB, 1967x1200)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PNG
Only 3 months left, it better not rain because I want to see the Sumidagawa fireworks festival in full swing.. and yes I will get a date
>>
>>2652156
Will the kids be out of school by then?
>>
>>2652084
>tight
>scummy
>puking
>dresses like priest
>sleeping on the ground
>yelling at you
My ideal homeless japanese gf
>>
File: Enl-uBmXIAoxD6Q.jpg (13 KB, 396x416)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>2652192
>over 14
>like sometimes alot
>>
>>2652053
>Talking about dating WHEN TRAVELING is now against the rules.

Litterally all I did was mention I got a I picked up a QT japanese girl and met a good circle of friends that took us out to their favorite Yakiniku place and a concept cafe a friend of theirs owns. No where did I mention sex other than hooking up and giving my advice and experience for MEETING and talking to Japanese girls.

I now know the tranny jannies are probably seething becuase the can't ever have a normal relationship since they mutilated/self castrated themselves.
How pathetic. You never go on cute dates with Japanese girls/women and you will never be a real woman.
>>
>>2652225
I want what you have anon.
>>
File: nipitinthebud.png (972 KB, 1578x2556)
972 KB
972 KB PNG
>>2652091
>> Nooo,someone has made a joke i dont like
its not homosexuality that will destroy japan - as evidenced by 1000's of years of it. it's the adoption of the same political mindset that's failed the 'west' so spectacularly. pic very much related.
Any advice on Kyushu?
>>
>>2651834
Which is Better? Pocket WiFi vs SIM / eSIM for Japan in 2024: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fhdT0Ubxmo

Which is the Best Pocket WiFi for Japan Travel 2024? Tested and Reviewed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiqJ21l94LU

Best eSIMs for Japan Travel 2024: Mobal, Ubigi, Airalo Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ZQ6c_jA9U

How to Activate eSIM By QR Code on iPhone & Tips for Traveling (Android tips too!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6tPx8fluR0
>>
>>2651834
JAL ABC luggage storage counter will store your luggage for 30 days or longer if you ask for an extension. If you want more options, just watch the How & Where to Store Your Luggage in Japan video below.

https://www.jalabc.com/en/hands-freetravel/baggage-storage.html

Guide to Traveling with Luggage in Japan: Bullet Train, Bus or Airplane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0KnobpyfSI

Guide to Luggage Delivery Services in Japan, Travel Hands-Free!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZuv2t9J1Y

How & Where to Store Your Luggage in Japan: Everything You Need to Know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUGncWTVm8
>>
>>2651834
Tips to Start Your Trip Stress Free! Arriving At Haneda Airport, Tokyo Japan 2024: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YImX1rMFRrk

Narita Airport Ultimate Guide for First-time travelers to Japan! Food / How to get to Tokyo / Hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0tEXXNFVrM
>>
One more night in Tokyo before I head to mishima which is my last destination. Anything exclusive to Tokyo I'd regret not trying food wise that isn't too far from Tsukiji.
>>
>>2652001
I'm also trans and travelling to Kyushu but will be there in July. Shame we could have been besties. If you end up going to Fukuoka I know a trans alt there that could show you around
>>
>>2652225
>Buying a girl a Gucci bag to fuck her
I knew there were some virgins here but wew. This is another level of desperation
>>
>>2652343
>kyushu in july
are you worried about the heat? i pushed my trip to aug/sept as my last summer in japan was unbearable
>trans alt in fukuoka
im always up for meeting cool people.
>>
>>2652343
>trans alt
christ japan is really going down the drain
>>
>>2652320
Kanimatsuri Crab Restaurant, which is located in Tsukiji and right above a Lawson store, offers an all you can eat crab buffet

All-you-can-eat Snow Crab at Kanimatsuri Crab Restaurant (築地かに祭り): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY6yGSBLPUg

Kanimatsuri Crab Restaurant (築地かに祭り): https://tabelog.com/en/tokyo/A1313/A131301/13278808/

https://www.instagram.com/tsukijikanimatsuri/
>>
File: FvaMmaYaMAE58KD.jpg (553 KB, 2048x1536)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>2652438
>>
>>2652448
>>
https://tver.jp/live/simul/leeti102qk
>>
>>2652438
How do you eat "snow crab" seems like alot of work.
>>
>>2652465
>over 13yo

The geriatric fetishists mental illness on full display here.
>>
I'm going to feel so naked without my sidearm in Japan. Any good LTL devices I should pick up around Haneda for personal protection? I can allocate $750 USD.
>>
Do you guys only visit Japan ? Which other countries have you been to ? I have visited Japan last year and now i have lost interest in visiting any other countries and just want to see more of Japan.
>>
>>2652562
i have certain places i visit regularly - japan is one of them - but i always limit it so at least every other trip is a 'new place' otherwise you just get sucked in and much as i love japan...its not the only great place in the world.
>>
>>2652562
What happened? I feel the same, though this is the one country I've been where ive met people and kept in contact
>>
>>2652345
>not buying a shiny puffy jacket to cum on and make her lick it up
ngmi
>>
Just how far in advance do you have to book hotels for famous festivals and such?
I'm thinking about staying in Kochi during Yosakoi festival (not even that famous I think), but there's literally not a single room for the weekend (Aug 9-12). Is it too late? Or too early, and there will be openings later? I'd really like to have my hotels booked at least several weeks in advance.
>>
>>2652547
Unfortunately Japan has laws against the most useful self defense items because they want foreigners (and citizens) to live in fear to be preyed upon, raped and burgled.

If you do decide you need to protect yourself beyond hand to hand, (Which I highly suggest) make sure you buy the types of sprays that are legal to carry around traveling. Stun guns are also legal but again... the right ones. I implore EVERYONE to carry or do whatever you need to do to stay safe in a foreign country. Carry a knife, brass knuckles, a pointed key, a baton... ANYTHING you can get your hands on or pass through checked in luggage to stay safe. Good luck and be safe. It's a dark world out there.
>>
>>2652607
>>2652608

i can only afford 2, maaaybe 3 trips, a year. Japan was a dream visit for me since i was a kid and it also was my first trip outside of europe. It got through my expectations in every aspect. Researching a lot on other asia and international destinations seems like nothing comes close to Japan except maybe China . It really feels like i am not done with Japan, i still thirst for a lot more and any other destination will be disappointing.
>>
>>2652547
learn how to box
>>
>>2652633
>spend years learning how to box just to feel a little safer for three weeks in a dangerous country like Japan.
>>
File: PXL_20240429_173843167.jpg (1.77 MB, 3072x4080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>2652547
Need to unfortunately leave the guns behind, bro. I accidentally brought some OC spray that was attached on my keychain with me, however.
>>
>>2652636
>not making it a hobby you enjoy
>>
BoJ finally intervened lmao
>>
What city/area is the best or your preferred home base?
>>
>>2652630
>make sure you buy the types of sprays that are legal to carry around traveling. Stun guns are also legal but again... the right ones

>can own guns in my country
>cannot own guns in Japan
>can own sprays and stun guns in Japan
>cannot own sprays and stun guns in my coutry
>>
>>2652659
enjoy your brain damage I guess?
>>
>>2652680
>what is headgear
niggerfaggot
>>
>>2652690
Even with headgear and gloves I could still feel dazed from a good hit. That's why I stopped, no point doing that over and over.
>>
You are SUPPOSED to feel beaten up and dazed by a good connecting hit. That's the fucking game. When you wear headgear it's like a fucking pillow fight. What's the point?
>>
>>2652697
So you don’t get irreversible brain damage from training
>>
>>2652706
The fact you have to keep repeating yourself means it's already started for them. Don't worry, these retards will have alzheimers by the time they're 35 and will end up killing their families like all other concussion addicts
>>
>>2652714
>never fought in his life but probably have been beaten up pretty bad multiple times

Lol.
>>
Why can you get the normal suica/pasmo card at Narita, but Haneda only has the welcome suica/pasmo passport? They still out of IC chips?
I land at Haneda, might just paper ticket to Tokyo station and get a card there.
>>
>>2652722
Welcome suica is just perfect for me because I am just at 30 days for my trip. You staying longer or something? Also landing in Haneda.
>>
>>2652753
I'm only staying 10 days, so yes, i could get a welcome suica. But the regular cards are valid for 10 years, i'll probably go back in that time. And they just seem more economical.
>>
>>2652760
Economical how? They are all pretty much the same. With welcome you don't need to pay a 500 yen deposit. Might as well just get another welcome when you come back. Back in the magnetic strip days you didn't want to keep a card for too long or it fails/demagnetizes. Not sure how durable chip cards are but for years I'd be concerned.
>>
>>2652562
Literally been to tons of places across Europe, America/canada, Asia, south America. Japan and Ireland rank top on my list of comfy places to travel with no hassle, i go to both yearly. South America, America, and canada I wouldn't walk the streets in even the most tourist-centric areas. I have actually decided to grab my retirement home in japan now while the going is good and I've got the money laying around. Literally can't get enough of the country.
>>
>>2652771
>retiring in Japan

Sadness. I feel bad for you anon.
>>
>>2652562
I'd go to other places if I had friends that wanted to do a group trip, but I really only give a shit about japan
maybe if I was a millionaire I would travel more though
>>
So is it okay to ask women in skimply clothing "Biiru wa dou desu ka"?
>>
File: 20240430_092516.jpg (124 KB, 1200x847)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
owari da
>>
>>2652830
What the fuck are you saying
ビールがいかがの? or ビールが欲しいか? What's thing ビールはどうですか shit
>>
>>2652830
Don't say desu ka, you don't need to be polite with them, just say Ka or no
>>
>>2652072
Sorry Ken-sama, ペニスを子供にもう入りました。残念ですがww
>>
Ok OK everyone it's fun to talk about child sex and all but let's get back on track with other fun things to do in our Japanese travels.
>>
>>2653003
Can I use my leftover 1 yen coins to pay for my $3000 flight? Also where do I get Nuhrootow-themed sushi ramen on a ship
>>
>>2652290
>>2652292
>>2652303
thanks, anons
>>
any useful phrase/words that i should be familiar with?
>>
Any recommendations for what to visit between Hiroshima and Osaka?
>>
>>2653029
Someone reccomended Setonaikai National Park and all the islands around there are good for riding bikes and hiking.

Someone make another thread as this one is dying.
>>
入る is an intransitive verb that doesn't take an object. You can say ペニスが入る, or use 入れる which does take an object and say ペニスを入れる.
>>
>>2653037
>trans
Out.
>>
>>2652714
>can't in2 moving your head off the centre line or using the high guard
lmao, faggot
>>
Why do people even consider buying physical suica cards, when you can instant add it to your apple wallet?
You aren’t all virgins who have android phones are you?
>>
>You must be 18 to post on this board
>>
any tips on getting decently priced airfare to Tokyo?
so far it looks like my best option (east coast NA) is to fly to a west coast city and then change airlines to ZipAir that does cheap flights from west coast -> tokyo
>>
>>2653130
Fuck it. Just fly direct Delta from Georgia I am coming from Baltimore to Atlanta to Haneda. Just expect 1500 dollars. You don't want to miss a flight. What prices are you looking at for ideal direct or one stop?
>>
>>2653143
looking for September, it's like $1000 from here to Tokyo vs. $300 to west coast then $500 to Tokyo from there.
>>
How the fuck do I get a sim with a Japanese phone number and data?
And why are they all so outrageously priced? Do Japanese really pay ¥7500 a month for their phone plans??
>>
>>2653242
Pretty far in advance getting tickets. I wonder if it's worth doing that. It wasn't the case for me.

I just tried to get the cheapest flight in Sept from the DC area and the cheapest was 1,100 but that flight was terrible 30 hours and two stops. There was a 1700 dollar nonstop which is pretty sweet but yeah, more expensive. September might be a good time in the fall to go.

Consider spacing out your trip and spending a few days in Hawaii. Cheap flights from there as well. I might do that next time.
>>
>>2653255
Literally just got a 30 day esim 50gb for 4900 from mobal today. They also have with voice too. Can you esim?
>>
Is Nanpa acceptable towards working/service industry girls?
For example my hairdresser today was being extremely sociable. She even took a break from the haircut to recommend me places to see around this city, explain what each character of her name meant, and talk about her trip to Vegas.
Would it have been acceptable to ask her line? I only didn’t because I wasn’t sure if Nanpa is acceptable in a workplace setting.
There was also a very cute girl, I think the receptionist, who kept walking by staring and smiling at me, I didn’t want to break her heart.
>>
How long can I keep my luggage in a coin locker?
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 481x184)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>2653255
I'm getting fucked on my american phone plan if you think 7500 is expensive
>>
>>2653360
I'm in the USA and I only pay 15 dollars a month.
>>
>>2653084
>apple wallet
lol, lmao even.
>>
>>2653282
>asking for contact info
>nanpa
You seriously need to get some perspective on what is and isn't nanpa.
>>
>>2649779
soul
>>
>>2649849
I tried both: one in Asakusa (Tokyo) and Takehara (Hiroshima), honestly Hiroshima style was better overall.
>>
First time on a shinkansen anything essential should i try there?
>>
>>2653255
Residents have many options to choose from that are around ¥1000 a month.
>>
>>2653421
Grab an ekiben, either at the station you depart from or on the shinkansen itself.
They also used to sell super hard ice cream (mildly frostburnt ice cream) but they stopped sales of that last year.
>>
>>2653455
Are you meant to eat them on the train?
>>
>>2653462
yes
>>
>>2653465
i heard someone in a forum that nozomi is better
im not sure if there's a huge difference between the others
>>
>>2653466
I don't even know what shinkansen you're going to use, what station you're departing from or where you're even going, but yes the Nozomi is better if you want to get to your destination faster.
If yo
>>
>>2653467
y-you okay, anon?
>>
>>2653487
Sorry, I went and had a little nap without finishing my post properly. I can't remember exactly what I wanted to say, but it was something along the lines of recommending that you take a sleeper, sightseeing or limited express train instead of the shinkansen if you don't mind wasting more time for a better overall experience.
If you book far enough ahead, you can even get the front seat in the luxury cabin for less cost than a shinkansen. Something like the Hinotori (which goes between Osaka and Nagoya, and the front is a giant glass window with the driver slightly below so as to not block your view) or the Sunrise Express (which travels across the whole country, but you can sleep in your own one person cabin with the blinds open, watching the stars) is an experience that is lovely no matter the time of year.
You shouldn't do it every time you travel, but it does make for a more relaxing trip.
>>
>>2653282
No man your good, I wouldve followed up with something along the lines of "I'd take you out to your favorite places if your free, it be nice if could show me around".
Also I recently learned PDA isn't as taboo as you think. My *possible* steady gf kissed me and I mean French kissed hard. Infact I would say if you are a westerner that's one aspect (affection) that makes you more desirable.

>>2653413
Man it's a legit question why be so hard?
>>
>>2653496
thanks, anon
>>
should i buy an openline pocket wifi for general travels?
im eyeing a tp link pocket wifi and a chink cheaper pocket wifi
>>
>>2653531
>travelling solo
data SIM card/eSIM
>travelling in a group
Pocket WiFi
>>
>>2653532
>travelling in a group
Pocket WiFi
yes
>>
>>2653532
>>2653536
Considering that 14 days is the absolute minimum time you should spen in Japan and 21 days is the sensible minimum, solo, duo or triple travelers probably should opt for an eSim.
Groups of 4 or more is where the benefit of a pocket WiFi starts to show (61/4 = 16,5) but that again is only for the cheaper 14 day plan
Quick guide for both pocket WiFi and eSim in greentext
Pocket WiFi
>buy plan in advance (when booking tickets/hotels etc)
>choose pickup airport (usually post office, mobile store etc. inside airport)
>land in japan
>pickup pocket wifi and prepaid return envelope
>turn on pocket wifi
>enjoy Japan
>data is unlimited HOWEVER there may be a daily cap on the speed (use up 500MB and it gets slower etc.)
>return pocket wifi
In my experience they require you to send it back within the plan (in other words it has to arrive at their office before the plan ends) so a day or two before
eSim (I've used Ubigi)
>buy plan (validity is 30 days so buy it the day before your flight to Japan)
>install eSim on phone
>turn off any automatic software updates etc. bullshit
>turn off your personal Sim at takeoff from home
>turn on eSim at landing in Japan
>enjoy instant connection
>conserve some data by utilising free WiFi at hotel/cafe/restaurant
>no speed restrictions
>top up if necessary
>no need to pickup or return anything
>turn off eSim when takeoff from Japan
>turn on personal Sim when landing home
I forgot to turn off my phones automatic updates and it downloaded an OS update on the second to last morning, otherwise 10GB would've been enough for 22 days
The benefit with eSims (Ubigi at least) is that you can monitor remaining data and top up instantly in the app, so I just got another 3GB plan for the last 2 days
I was traveling with another person and we split maps between us, we were also freestyling the trip (almost no planning before other than the cities) so your mileage may vary
>>
>>2649849
Having eaten Hiroshima style in Okonomimura, Hiroshima and Kansai style in Kyoto I'm going to have to say Hiroshima style is better.
The atmosphere of the restaurant was better but the okonomiyaki itself was also divine. It was less of a chore to finish and the noodles fit it better than just staright up batter
>>
>>2653421
Eat ekiben, have a drink, relax. Avoid the urinal, it is difficult to use at speed.
>>
>>2653562
fucking typo in the calculation but 65/14 still equals 16,5
>>
>>2653562
>>2653564
>>2653565
thank you anons
>>
need a japanese yandere gf
>>
>>2653563
What's hiroshima style? Is it scorched or something?
>>
You guys can get a mobal esim for 30 dollars for 30 days and 50gb why care? Never have to look for wifi.
>>
>>2653576
In Kansai style the cabbage and other assorted shit is mixed into the batter and then fried like a big pancake
In Hiroshima style the cabbage and other assorted shit is mixed into noodles and only a tortilla thin pancake is used as a base for it
Same amount of food but it doesn't start to feel like an uphill struggle halway through
>>
>>2653588
>less batter
Ok, I will remember that as it should be healthier. Thanks.
>>
At this point I'm totally comfortable with major city transportation and shinkansen, but this time I really want to go out into the country for some day trips to yamadera, jigoku nozoki, etc. The less frequent trains, more varied mix of local and express, less safety net, etc. make me a bit hesitant. Assuming I don't give a shit about making "just-in-time" connections or the fastest route, is it really just as simple as taking trains going in the direction I need to go on that track and I'll eventually get there? I'm probably just overthinking it and worrying too much.
>>
>>2653625
Google maps is efficient but you can adjust it if you want it to go longer. I'd trust it. Just wake up knowing you want to hit all those waypoints you set the night before and hit start. Easy peasy. You can say cheapest, fastest, avoid etc.
>>
>>2653584
I got an esim but it wouldn't fit in my sim card slot properly so it was a waste of money. It went in back to front and wouldn't pick it up
>>
>>2653682
>got an esim
>wouldn't fit
anon-san...
>>
>>2653507
>steady gf
how did you two meet?
>>
>>2653682
>I got an esim but it wouldn't fit in my sim card slot
>but it wouldn't fit in my sim card slot
>fit in my sim card slot
>my sim card slot
>sim card slot
>eSim in a sim card slot
Anon-kun, do you mean a prepaid?
>>
>7-Eleven Australia has been bought out by Japanese owners and changes are said to be coming to all 750 stores
ausbros we are going to be eating good soon. can't wait to eat all those egg sandos and onigiri
>>
>>2653682
Did you try to put a microSD in your Sim slot?
>>
>>2653765
More like you're going to be getting a bunch of Pajeets
>>
>>2653765
VB Longneck status????
>>
>>2653767
I realised after posting that even if they do add everything a Japanese konbini has the prices are going to be 4x as much because this country is a shithole, that and we won't have cute part timers greeting you or asking if you want a bag ;_;

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.