[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rushmore.jpg (1.13 MB, 2343x2343)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
UNDERRATED - not rated or valued highly enough

This doesn't mean it has to be the greatest thing ever, simply better than it is typically considered to be.

I'll start with pic related. A few years ago I did a road trip and my gf and I at the time were going to skip it and last second I said let's chill in the area and do a day of Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and wind caves before going to Badlands. I thought "I know Mt. Rushmore is going to suck but I figure I have to see it if I'm here."

And I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how cool it was. The drive up was nice and the views of the portraits were great on the window road. Then when you approach the monuments it's a very grand walkway with all the state flags I liked. And the monuments up close in person are actually pretty cool, I thought I'd get the gist in a second but I did all the mini-hikes around them and seeing them in different angles was awesome.

I've heard stories of road trippers skipping this place to be hipster but I feel like it's well worth it if you're in the area. Not only that you can stay in Custer or Hot Springs and see Crazy Horse and the Wind Caves it's a quaint area. I seriously don't get the hate this place gets. It's not like the most spectacular thing and I wouldn't come here ONLY for rushmore. But if you're in SD or passing through on a road trip it seems insane to not go.
>>
>>2650361
how many nights were you there
>>
>>2650394
two night. Drove east from Cody, WY for 6 hours and then spent the night, did wind caves, rushmore, crazy horse, and saw Custer, then slept, then got up and headed out for Badlands.

The area is really comfy and nice though. I could totally see doing longer there because you also have Black Hills national forest which I regrettably didn't get to do any hiking/camping in.
>>
Maybe this is a bit stupid of me to say, but the Grand Canyon feels underrated. I know it’s immensely popular obviously, but I went in expecting nothing special and was completely blown away by it. It didn’t even look real, it was like a real life painting or something.
>>
>>2650419
Agreed on the Grand Canyon, it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen in my life.
>>
File: PXL_20220308_005328661.jpg (4.15 MB, 4032x3024)
4.15 MB
4.15 MB JPG
>>2650419
What really struck me is there's no real sign that an enormous mile deep canyon is there until you are right in front of it. There's no gradual descent into the canyon, no hill you go down to get to it or anything, just perfectly flat land at the top that abruptly ends with a vertical drop that's 1000s of feet deep. Was completely unbelievable that this place was real.
>>
>>2650361
For me, it's Chongqing but you have to be a city boy to enjoy it.
>>
>>2653142
And enjoy Chinese "people."
>>
>>2650361
Americans really turn their mountains into billboards kek.
>>
>>2653153
I speak Chinese so I do enjoy them. I like every nationality in the world except French, Pakistanis and Israelis. This group is like the trifecta of shittyness for me. Israelis are by far the worst.
>>
>>2653176
>mountains
>Pennsylvania

pick one
>>
File: 1658360815157976.jpg (881 KB, 1080x1305)
881 KB
881 KB JPG
>>2653199
All of the flyovers look like that and Pennsylvania is full of the Appalachian mountains my low IQ friend. You were wrong twice
>>
>>2653202
So basically your entire experience in America's mountains is going to random exits off the interstates. Get educated before you post next time.
>>
>>2650361
Underrated for food: Peru
Underrated for general travel: Brazil
Underrated for cooming: India
Underrated for beauty of the women: Morocco
Underrated for friendly as fuck people: Iran, Syria and America (odd mix I know)
Underrated for safety: Belarus (some retards think there is a Gestapo there or you'll get murdered just for being American)
>>
>>2653206
Sounds like those pictures hit you close to home
>>
>>2653214
They're places to fill up your tank and eat, not tourist destinations. They are what they are and aren't representative of the entire country, fuckhead.
>>
>>2653224
>>2653224
>they are and aren't representative of the entire country
Yeah they're representing flyover states retard
>>
>>2653236
Only if you're a pleb who spends his entire time on the interstates
>>
>>2653241
Only if you live there and are visiting there you mean
>>
>>2653244
Not what I said but k
>>
>>2653210
>>2653210
>Underrated for cooming: India

Yes but wouldn't they stink and the brothels would be mostly in those shanty slums where disease is rife? How much does a high end hooker go for in a major city and how hot are they?

Israel is very underrated for women, over a million Russians have moved there plus the locals have enormous tits and ass.
>>
File: Wadi-Shawka.jpg (301 KB, 1200x900)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
Dubai/UAE.

Yeah, if you don't like the plastic McCity WORLD'S BIGGEST MALL!!!!!!! shit then you won't enjoy that part of the place. What is odd to me is how many people go there who hate that stuff and then spend all their time immersed in the stuff they hate...
>>
Poor countries which are still trying to recover and make it. Such as Bangladesh, Timor-Leste, Palestine, Kosovo. I enjoyed them all, what they had in common was very few foreigners, and the locals being genuinely hospitable and curious about the developed world.
>>
>>2653199
Are you retarded? Kek
>>
>>2653210
I want to bang a proper poojeeta so bad. Any tips?
>>
>>2650361
Netherlands
Germany
Belgium
Russia
Mongolia
Phillipines
Australia
USA
>>
>>2655105
>Bangladesh
How low is the IQ of the locals? I work with a guy from Bangladesh, and he is one of the dumbest motherfuckers I've seen. I don't know if it's just him, or if the whole country is like that.
>>
>>2653210
This is absolutely spot on. This anon knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>2653456
He means cooming as in picking up girls not paying for girls like a degenerate
>>
>>2653210
VERY based list anon. I haven't been to all your listed countries but to the ones I have been I agree completely.
>>
>>2655160
Locals didn't strike me as smart but in comparison India seemed to have lower IQ people in general.
>>
>>2653202
a lot of Canada looks like that too.
outside of major cities it's mostly strip malls and dollar stores/walmarts off of highway exits, trucks everywhere.
cars really killed people's brains and sense of beauty.
>>
>>2653210
>Underrated for cooming: India
I would say Malaysia for similar reasons probably. Lots of poojetas here and I doubled my low body count there with ease by just using dating apps.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.