[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: poland.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I'll be solo traveling through Yurop on September/October and I have to do remote work for two weeks.
I was thinking of going to Poland and stay in either Wrocław or Warsaw, as they seem like nice cities to be a few days, and airbnbs don't look too expensive.

I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay (which cities, hostels/airbnbs), good places to eat and foods to try, and in general things to do after working or on weekends. I'm 25 y/o and never been to Poland fwiw
>>
>TWO WEWKS IN POLAND
Two weeks of raging nationalists, SS banderites, american pawns, and sexual immorality

Want real culture try Russia. I say this as an American.
>>
File: 1707921256235.jpg (153 KB, 1024x1024)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>Two weeks of raging nationalists, SS banderites, american pawns, and sexual immorality

>Want real culture try Russia. I say this as an American
>>
Wroclaw and Krakow are much nicer than Warsaw. You could even throw in Lviv if you like but I'm not sure that would leave enough days to properly enjoy each city.
>>
>>2651709
Yeah, Warsaw being leveled in WW2 didn't do it any favors. It's probably the least interesting and most boring city in Poland.
>>
File: 1706743630886962.png (109 KB, 275x183)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>2651709
This. However, with limited time, Krakow and Wroclaw is overkill given they're basically the same city.

Far better to throw in some diversity for daytrips/weekends:
>Silesia & industrial heritage
>Hiking in Podkarpackie
>Lviv
>Smaller places like Ojcow

Warsaw is kinda shit, but at least it does open up Gdansk and the coast as daytrippable.

As for foods, Krakow was the European food capital at one point. There's quite possibly every national cuisine here - from Polynesian to Nepali. Local shit though, you'd probably want to tick off:
>Oscypek cheese
>Zurek soup (preferably served in bread for the wow factor)
>Bigos stew
>Various sausages
>Pierogi with various flavours
>Golabki (minced pork wrapped in cabbage
>Potato pancakes
>Burgers (Poland has a STRONG burger scene)

Also you must try Solyanka, a Russian/Ukrainian soup which is probably the tastiest soup in the world.
>>
File: zurek.png (271 KB, 800x825)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>2651709
>>2651728
>>2651815

Thanks for your answers anons

I think I'll probably leave Warsaw for a weekend and do the more touristy stuff.

Do you think it'll probably be better to go to either Krakow or Wroclaw only? If so, which one do you think is preferable for this kind of trip?

Also, I see two of you recommend Lviv, wouldn't that be dangerous due to the war? There's also Gdansk, is it worth going for a weekend?

>>2651815
Thank you for the food recommendations! I really appreciate it
>>
>>2651728
>most boring
Saska Kępa. Łazienki. Stare Miasto. PKiN. Powiśle.
You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>2651994
Lviv is perfectly safe, desu. Just need to check curfew times. Life is going on like normal around town, and it'll be interesting to see what a country is like when it's at war (even though you won't really 'see' it in Lviv apart from checkpoints, which are probably not in much use at the moment, and lots of people in military uniform). It'll probably be one of the more interesting things you could currently do, and the people you'll speak to will probably provide decent insights.

I'd go for Krakow > Wroclaw. There's just more to see, and you're in touching distance of more places. Daytrips from Krakow include:
>Ojcow
>Rzeszow
>Wieliczka salt mines
>Bochnia saltmines
>Auschwitz
>Zakopane
>Energlandia theme park
>Kielce
>Tyniec moanstery
>Lanckoruna

Then you've got Silesia an hour away with
>Katowice
>Tyskie brwery
>Gliwice radio tower
>Tarnowskie Gory silver mine (& narrow gauge railway)
>Zabrze mine with a canal running underground

Then
>Tyskie brewery
>Silver mines in Tarnowskie gor

Gdansk is a cunt to get to from Krakow. I'd probably be wanting at least 3 or 4 nights to make it worth it. Cycling across the 'Hel Peninsula' is kino, as is visiting Malbork, Westerplatte, and traveling between the 3 cities which comprise 'Trojmiasto'. There's a high speed train Krakow to Gdansk which takes 5 hours, and is pretty expensive. There's also flights.
>>
>>2651515
>Ss banderites
>Sexual immorality
Stfu nigger script bot
>>
>>2651515
>'I say this as an American."

This biggest lie you will ever read on /trv.
>>
File: auschwitz.jpg (3.59 MB, 3872x2592)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
Asking a related question, is Auschwitz worth visiting?
I care about history, so I tend to think yes but I have limited time there however
>>
>>2651515
Hello fellow citizen of Kentucky Oblast
>>
>>2651424
Food gets boring real quick. You realize it's a bunch of white farmers who never leaned to use any spices. Dill is the best you'll get
>>
>>2654297
bigos uses a lot of spices and has a very deep, rich flavor profile
>>
>>2652010
>>2651994
Lwów*
>>2654297
Poles also eat spicy cuisines like Indian or Mexican no problem
>>
>>2654339
>Lwów
Imagine this being the only thing you can contribute to discussion, lol.

>>2654297
>Using some social media slop as evidence of anything
Poland is amazing for food shopping, and there's a huge variety of restaurants in the cities. Not sure if you visited 20 years ago, are filter bait, or addicted to repeating whatever you hear on social media just to "fit in". Either way, you sound a bit like a faggot.
>>
>>2654278
Non meme answer here.
It is worth visiting. But it's going to be unpleasant (of course). At some point during the visit it basically numbs you because it's difficult to take in everything at once, but it will probably hit you later during the day or the day after.
>>
>>2651424
i lived in poland for work for years. not going to write a guide but ill keep it simple: just need a nice feminine white gf? you’re in heaven. need good food, likeable people, or anything else? good fucking luck
the retards whining about warsaw havent lived in poland for long. warsaw is by far their best city. krakow looks good in google images, theres nothing there but ugly blocks. gdansk-sopot-gdyna would be second to warsaw i guess..
>>
>>2654704
Quite impressive to get filtered in a country you actually lived in. No wonder you didn't want to elaborate on your points.
>>
>>2651424
Girls have big boobs there.
>>
>>2654297
>wypipo don't use le EPIC spices amirite XD do i fit le in now
Friendly reminder that you have never left your home country, but you have, unfortunately, left your home site (Reddit)
>>
>>2654704
>warsaw is by far their best city.
amen
i dare say its the best city in the world
>>
How is Zamość? Worth a visit?
>>
>>2657868
Nice to see if you're in the wider area but I wouldn't go all the way there just for Zamość specifically. It's interesting as a "perfect renaissance town" project but the old town is really small, you'll be done in no time.
>>
>>2657348
People in Warsaw are cunts
>>
>>2654297
>Dylan
Opinion discarded
>>
>>2657919
polish women are great in my experience. the men are whiny cunts. absolute cry babies about everything. even the polish americans ive known are diaper shitters
people are cold in vienna and i thought that sucked, but then you go to warsaw and they openly sigh and whine about fucking every small possible inconvenience and they’re offended you didn’t invest time to learn their useless fuck snake shit language instead of learning a language non-retards use
i didn’t get such vibes in other polish cities tbf but i didnt spend enough time in them to verify
>>
>>2658003
That's a lot of seethe over nothing lol
>>
>>2658003
Warsaw is a lot like New York City. With all the pros and cons
>>
>>2651424
stay in gdansk
>>
File: zapiekanka.jpg (165 KB, 600x745)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
make sure to eat some zapiekanka, and try it in different places as quality can vary

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.