[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Nola.jpg (38 KB, 474x355)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Hello, I'll be going to New Orleans for the first time ever for a business trip. I'll be there Friday after (May10th) and will likely be leaving Saturday night.

The place I'm staying at is right next to the Saenger Theatre and also pretty close to Bourbon street.

Just wanted to get advice and see what places I should visit while there. My business meeting is only three hours on Saturday morning, so any other time I'm free to do pretty much anything.
>>
>>2652669
Ghost tour then leave. Food is overrated too
>>
>>2652669
The food is most definitely NOT overrated. Some classic New Orleans institutions are Galatoire's, Antoine's, and Commander's Palace. Also, if you want to "hang out where the locals do" there's MRB's in the French Quarter. You should spend at least an hour walking down Bourbon Street and checking things out. If you're looking for breakfast, I recommend Cafe du Monde. Jackson Square is a must see. If you're into places that you'll recognize from movies set in New Orleans, that is. Also, a stroll down the Rue Royale (Royal Street) is worth it as well. If you only have a day, I'd probably get on your favorite travel website and spend some time doing research to see where you really want to go. Or, you could visit the 9th Ward, or the Garden District. Or even go a little out of the Quarter to Metarie. Or visit one of the above-ground cemeteries. There's always something going on there.
>>
>>2654762
po' boys are fucking garbage. what else do they have? that gargantuan hamburger thing is disgusting. jambalaya is pretty good though
>>
>>2652669
Take the street car (trolley) down St. Charles and look at the houses, the Garden District also has some very nice and interesting houses/architecture.
Frenchman St. in the French Quarter for live shows and bars,
City Park for just walking around and exploring, I'd recommend renting a bike.
If you like nature stuff, check out the Jean Lafitte preserve.
Just be careful and don't walk around alone at night.
>>
>>2654834
You must not have any money. Stay home.
>>
For food: gumbo, boudin balls, and beignets are all pretty characteristic of NOLA. Honestly for the former two I'd go to any casual place or diner for them
>>
>>2654834
just cook at home or go to Applebees man. Your call if you don't want to spend on fine dining but don't push it on others

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.