[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Tikal-header-1.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1440)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
Has anyone been to Tikal? looks better than the Mexican ruins and less tourists getting in my way
>>
Guatemala>Mexico for tourists

UNDOUBTEDLY so I say this as somebody who works in tourism in Guatemala 7 months of the year
>>
>>2652720
best way to incorporate Tikal if you're going to Cancun?
>>
>>2652739
There are these things called 'airplanes'.
>>
>>2652739
Don't go to Cancun
>>
>>2652715
>>2652720
Holy cope, Guatemala's ruins' only saving grace are lesser tourists, for sure, but other than that the ruins themselves are smaller, fewer, and unimpressive compared to the ones in Mexico.
>>
>>2652715
Isn't that the place from Sonic the Hedgehog?
>>
>>2652715
I visited with my wife and kid in 2016. We were doing a few weeks in Belize and decided to rent a car and check out Tikal. We stayed two nights at a hotel in Flores and spent a whole day at the ruins. It was the highlight of the trip. The ruins were cool, Flores was super cool, Guatemalans were friendly, food was good, and overall it was just a really nice place to visit. I have no desire to go to Belize again, but I would love to visit that part of Guatemala again and for longer.
>>
File: ghffghghdf.jpg (10 KB, 166x303)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>2653718
Tikal is an echidna
>>
>>2653790
What didn't you like about Belize?
>>
>>2656848
Belize's only good city is the Spanish-speaking San Ignacio, which is basically a Guatemalan town. All non-Spanish areas of Belize are entirely soulless and kind of shitty.
However the nature in Belize is perfection, sublime, so that's the tradeoff.
>>
>>2656848
Nature was pretty, but I didn't care for the locals.
>>
>>2652781
yeah okay - so how do you fly from Cancun to Tikal then?
>>
>>2653790
what time of the year did you go?
>>
>>2657696
I went in July. I'm from Texas, so the cooler weather was nice.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.