[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hello, in Malaysia you get an almost unlimited visa in Malaysia with my passport. And if you have more than $100000, you can even get an unlimited visa.I'm 30 years old and relatively healthy, so I thought I could try to live there for a few months or even years. How realistic is it to survive on $800-$1000 a month in Malaysia? Does anyone have experience with the country? Can I smoke weed there?
>>
>>2653497
$800-$1000 a month in Malaysia?
No problem pretty much anywhere outside KL
>Can I smoke weed there?
Absolutely not. Fanatically anti-drugs, which is a shame. I love Thailand for the incredible choice I have in BKK. My perfect place to early retire would also have worry-free access to excellent weed (and psychedelics as a bonus). Thinking about Brazil.
>>
>>2653511
>Degenerate druggies. Kill yourself on fent.
Rim me on fent faggot
>>
>>2653505
Nice, I think I will make occasional visits in thailand then to smoke a little, haha
>>
I am a bodybuilder who needs a proper sleep and no to live in a country where minarets are playing shit out during the morning or people starve entire day to fill themselves after it's dark. Mudslim countries are shit even for those who don't drink or smoke like me.
>>
>>2653979
not really relevant to malaysia. it is a very segregated country. the areas that are mainly chinese don't have many mosques. my house is in a gated area that is almost all chinese and although there is a mosque in the very far distance, it is barely audible and is usually drowned out by traffic
>>
>>2653505
Unless you grow your own expect the worst weed you will ever find in your life. Most weed is brick weed (prensado) and I've even found filaments of cotton in it once. "Real" weed (flor) has always been somewhat elusive to find and is around USA prices, if not more. The weed economy is so bizarre considering you can get verrry good bud in neighboring countries like Colombia and Peru for like 2 or 3 usd per gram, and the locals are quite tolerant of it. Shrooms and ayahuasca are legal in br though
>>
>>2653997
>neighboring countries like Colombia and Peru
dude i think you've been smoking a bit too much
>>
>>2653992
Do you recommend any cities/areas? I am tired of stoners and degenerates in Thailand but I truly love food here, gyms, climbing places and price:quality ration when it comes to apartments.
>>
>>2653497
Why are bumiputera so cringe
>>
>>2653497
>unlimited visa
No you can't, not on any passport and $100k isn't even close to what is needed for the ten year MM2H
>>2653505
I've smoked plenty in Langkawi, the jetski guys on the beach all have hookups
It's terrible weed though
>>2654500
Trying to emulate arabs even though arabs would treat them like slaves if they moved to the middle east, braindead muslims who cry about anything and are constantly offended because their lives suck
>>2654132
Penang is the nicest Melaka is good too but small. KL is fun for a while but I hated it.
>>
>>2654856

>No you can't, not on any passport and $100k isn't even close to what is needed for the ten year MM2H

well not unlimited, but it shouldnt be a problem to stay half a year at a time :)
>>
>>2654856
you can get a five year mm2h for rm 500k.
they keep fucking around with the requirements. during covid they scrapped it completely, then they made it hugely restrictive for all but the very rich, now they have introduced three levels depending on how much money you have in the bank- silver (5 years, rm500k), gold (15 years, rm2 million), platinum (permanent, rm5 million).
as usual with malaysia nothing is clear and there is huge bureaucracy and it takes months to process the applications. and as usual there is corruption, i have heard of people bribing their way to the front of the queue.
the latest fuckup is that the government are not renewing the licences of the agents who handle applications on other people's behalf
it's not really worth it. if you just want to stay for a few months or a year or two you can just do side trips to singapore or thailand or bali. that's what i do.
>>
>>2654913
>if you just want to stay for a few months or a year or two you can just do side trips to singapore or thailand or bali.

That's also what I'm planning. Even without applying for anything and just getting the standard 90-day visa several times is super comfortable and easy. Not a big difference to Europe, only that you have to cross a border every now and then
>>
>>2653511
Welcome to 4chan, we're all degenerates here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.