[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepebed.jpg (70 KB, 600x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Is it strange for a 31 year old man to stay in a hostel? I don't mind sharing my space with 18 year old boys and girls, but will I be looked at askance for it?
>>
>>2654504
boy - i sure do love seeing the same thread over and over again
maybe we need to have an "old man hostel" general or something?
>>
File: 555.png (77 KB, 690x774)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>2654518
its my first time asking :D
maybe i should look up the archieve sry :(
>>
File: 1714589710971184.gif (2.55 MB, 278x261)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB GIF
>>2654504

At 31 just go MOG all the poor faggots and piss of the Eurotrash to the best of your abilities. At 31 the 25 year old girls will still be all over you and cause the French faggots that can't afford a second beer to seethe.

No one gives a shit about how old you are in a hostal except the leftist fucks and anti-white locals.
>>
>>2654504
>14-16
Best years for holiday in hostals, you're ready to explore the world meet new people, start finding what drinks you prefer, and have fun before uni
>16-18
Last of the good times, you can still have plenty of fun drinking should be a commonality in the 'social rooms', enjoy the last of your peak getting girls in hostal, be careful some countries will charge you as an adult at this age like fucking italy which is shit
>18-21
Getting up in age you might be able to pull it off still, enjoy lads holiday in SEA and maybe oktoberfest but this is the last of the summers wine, you'll be looking back on these times the rest of your life make it count
>21-25
If you're still going here you must have a reason like break year after uni for a working holiday visa or present for finishing, need to start picking more sophisticated places SEA is largely off the menu Japan is still okay(despite the americans flooding it and japan worshiping them for some stupid reason), you really should be settling down at this point maybe a week or two just across to Portugal but focusing on a house, children, and a wife is more important
>25+
You'll look like a divorced dad, your looks and youth are gone by this point, you should earn more than enough money to never need hostal here and a woman would not want to stay in a hostal with you. Only acceptable time to stay in a hostal is if there is nothing around but most will turn you away for being too old and not trying to let you embarrass yourself.
Burgers are notorious for thinking any age at a hostal is acceptable but they are just embarrassing themselves and staff is letting others know why not to associate with their kind. This is why almost any bad hostal story has americans or austrailians who are burgers but twice as rude, loud and annoying. As someone who's 22 I know I am running low on time, I just graduated uni and plan to sneak around SEA but I look young, but I don't want to look like a paedo or divorced dad to girls.
>>
>>2654551
>>14-16
there are 14 year old girls in hostels?
I will def end up in prison.

Nah, I am just a full time traveler.
I prefer hostels over a car or camper now because its cheaper. you can live upt to a month in a hostel for about 300€.

And than again, I am over 30 I give a fuck what people think.

I'm just afraid that the hostel doesn't want to rent me a room because they don't want me to be with such young people. I've never been to a hostel before, I have no idea. Do 30 year old men get turned away? I could really be a sex offender
>>
when I was traveling in mexico there loads of 30-somethings traveling around, in fact I only met a few girls in their early 20's and they were hanging out with all the 30-somethings
we're all just kids bro, relax, 31 isn't old at all
>>
>>2654555

>Do 30 year old men get turned away?

No and this is a glowshit demoralization thread.

Go crash a hostal, enrage the leftists, and fuck some 20 year old(s). Fucking loser has to ask...

>>2654557

In Mexico 30 is almost young for hostals. Even in Europe there are plenty of 30+ people now just fucking around traveling.

Funny though, I met *WAY* more 50+ year olds before Covid. I'm guessing when the borders shut down they started staying put.
>>
>Going to Spain in 3 weeks as a 32 year old and will probably stay in hostels most of the time.

Honestly, I'm gonna dye my gray hairs because /trv/ scared me of being the old creep
>>
This apprehension that the 30-somethings get about hostels explains the weird demographic gap. In most hostels I've stayed in, I saw lots of teens, 20s, 40s+, but almost no 30s.

No matter how hard we try to convince you that it's okay, many 30-somethings will be reluctant to stay at a hostel.
>>
>>2654504
I’ll say it every possible chance I get. Age doesn’t matter (until about 50). As long as you have a full head of hair, you have access to young tight pink pussy.

The SECOND you pass Norwood 2 you are BANNED from tight, young, smiling, giggling, mischevious teen pussy forever (unless you get a hair transplant).

Bald men know they’re sexually expires. You can see it in their eyes. They gaze out at the world as though they are the smouldering wick of a sexual candle that has been extinguished
>>
>>2654504
>>2654520
>being over 30
>posting frogs
I can smell the autism from here
>>
File: booba.jpg (313 KB, 1440x1800)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
When I was 31 I shared a room in a hostel with a girl with big tits (pic related) that was older than me, and a younger girl that was 20. There was also an older couple in the other room and we all hung out together.
>>
>>2654543
>mog all the poor faggots
>literally staying in a dorm to save 20$
>>2654504
Is it strange? No. Is it pathetic, yes. At the very least get a private room. I used to stay in hostels all the time when I was in my mid 20s, then I realized not getting proper sleep was way more important than saving a few bucks. Before the dormlets start raging saying they sleep fine, look at how late people in dorms actually get up and moving every morning. It's usually around check out time when the cleaning people come in because they're getting shit interrupted sleep from Israelis being obnoxious, Asians with sleep apnea, or French people fingering each others ass holes all night four feet away.
>>
>>2654551
I have never seen 14-16 year olds in a hostel in my life. Maybe once when an entire Indian family checked into a capsule room in Singapore.
>>
>>2654693
This guy again, what bald guy fucked your girl?
>>
>>2654740
>Is it strange? No. Is it pathetic, yes. At the very least get a private room. I used to stay in hostels all the time when I was in my mid 20s, then I realized not getting proper sleep was way more important than saving a few bucks. Before the dormlets start raging saying they sleep fine, look at how late people in dorms actually get up and moving every morning. It's usually around check out time when the cleaning people come in because they're getting shit interrupted sleep from Israelis being obnoxious, Asians with sleep apnea, or French people fingering each others ass holes all night four feet away.

Is it really that bad? For me, it's all about having a safe place where I can leave my bag and where I can rest every now and then. I usually sleep with the TV on, I think I don't mind if it's noisy and if I want a quiet night I can go camping. I also plan to move into hostels a bit out of season (e.g. Spain in September) so that it is not so crowded.
Are there cheaper places to stay when you're in a foreign country than hostels? I think 20$ per night more is quite a lot, on a monthly basis that's 600$ that you have or don't have
>>
>>2654749
Depends on if you think 600$ a month is a lot of money (it's not). I get the wanting a social atmosphere bit, but also a lot of hostel kids only interact and hang out only with other travelers like the world is an open air theme park.
>>
>>2654755
If you want to meet other travellers, do a free walking tour. Nowadays I just find one through the Guruwalk app
>>
>>2654755
I travel for a few years, so it is a lot. you could rent out hostels for 2 straight months with 600$.

>like the world is an open air theme park.

I like that attitude, as long as you dont disrespect poor people in poor countries. but you end up in jail anyway pretty fast that way overseas.
>>
>>2654562
Same except I'm 29. Although some places I'll just get a hotel or airbnb cause not many hostels in the countryside that i want to hike to.
>>
>>2654551
Sounds like a bunch of American and Australian chads just have the run of the place everywhere they go and you seethe about it.
>>
I think it’s fine. Even if it were not for 30-somethings ideally, it’s all about how you behave. It’s like going back to college. It you’re 31 and trying to relive some college glory days like you’re 20 and behaving like a 20 year olds that’s annoying. But if you comport yourself well and display maturity and temperance as a more mature man should then there is basically nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
>>2654726
Awooooga!!!
Nice, where is this?
>>
>>2654726
>tattoos
>fridge body
>obviously sagging tits
hard pass.
>>
>>2654551
is this some boomer cope? by 16 you're the laughing stock of the entire room.
>>
>>2654558
yeah I was surprised by the ages traveling, it's almost like millennials started traveling in their early 20's and didn't stop, didn't see many zoomers out there
I'm 35 and been traveling since 18 and the people I meet traveling have always been around the same age range as me
still meeting guys in their 40's just getting hammered and enjoying other countries, not saying that's the best way but it's what's going on
haven't been to SEA since '10 tho so not sure about it
but when I was in India all the people I met at guest houses were around the same age as me
>>
>>2654989
I'm 22 and just finished uni, even I know these basics lol. Go back to stuffing your face american bitch dog
>>
>>2654504
Not this shit again
>>
>>2655026
pay you college debt and earn some money kid, you can join me in the hostel when u turn 30
>>
>>2654504

It depends on the hostel. Some hostels are really all-ages and some are party hostels. If you are older, it's best to stay away from the party hostels.
>>
>>2655028
>mutt logic about owing money
lmao I don't owe a dime and I still got some holiday money from the parents. Go flip a burger
>>
File: b.jpg (181 KB, 1440x1080)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>2654918
I don't know.
>>
unless you're a kind of person who prefers riding bus over riding your own vehicle you won't like it. airbnb and hostels are good only when you're young and poor. You just can't imagine more than average men in 30s using hostels. You need to be a charismatic hipster not to be considered weird
>>
>>2655429
I like hostels because often I am getting a place far cheaper in a good area for less than a hotel. I generally don't need to do more than shit, shower, and sleep.

Example: Spending 3 weeks in Scandinavia and was able to get a decent hostel for 2 weeks for around 400 compared to the next cheapest hotel for that time frame being 900USD minimum that was far outside places I want to go, and kinda far from a train station. Doesn't help that many of the events I want to do run late into the night so it's either a pricey taxi or long walk home

Airbnb is good but there are tons of hold ups that make it very situational and not a catch all solution as an alternative to hotels or hostels
>>
>>2654555
>>2654742
That's a troll post, you're all mentally retarded. At 32 you should still look like you're in your 20's anyway, unless you've been a hardcore degen or you've started to go bald.
>>
>>2654551
What type of sheer retarded faggotry is this shit post?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.