[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DSC03649_Edit.jpg (343 KB, 1400x1050)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
Anybody here done this before? My mom died recently and I want to move to a new state. How do you find a new place to call home?
>>
Sorry to hear about your mom. Grieving just takes time.
America is vast and diverse. By the end of your trip you will have multiple places you'll be interested in moving too. I hope you find what you're searching for, friend.
>>
Sorry about your mom that's got to be hard :( Wish you and your family well.

As to your question it really depends on what your interests are. Are you a big outdoorsy kind? Are you looking for a city to live/work in? Do you work remote and can live anywehre? To what degree is money a concern, etc.

It'll be hard to hit all 48 states and really take in what they have to offer, especially if you're on a tight time frame. If you have a lot of time on your hands then I'd make a really rough plan and hit the road. You'll have the freedom to more deeply explore places you like. I've done quite a few road trips and some of my favorite memories come from driving aimlessly through backroads and finding places I would have never hit if I didn't give myself time, even days, to kill and explore. But having a rough plan will keep you on track a bit which is nice.
>>
I'm sorry for your loss, Anon.

At the end of the day you need to be able to put food on the table and carve out a living. Not to Hitler-poast but a country's greatest asset is it's people, and America has quite an array of potential communities to integrate into. Try to strike up genuine conversations at bars or whatever and figure out if people match your vibe. Upbringing and genetics (Anglo vs Germanic vs Irish vs Italian vs. Scandi) matters a lot more than we admit in 2024. Again, the correct answer will be very personal to you.

Good luck, I hope you find peace and live the life she would have wanted for you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.