[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Argentinian Flag.jpg (26 KB, 540x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
For context, I have a friend there who is looking for a roommate they said I don't even need a visa to stay permanently: I tried working through the constitution but can't find anything that explicitly confirms this(Not legally trained, could just be a dumbass)

Is anyone able to confirm this? If it's not true, how much should I expect to drop just to get a temporary residency?(Assuming we are using USD)
>>
>>2657092
I don't know but I'm also interested.
I was wondering how to get citizenship, looks like if you live in the country for a certain amount of time you can apply. So maybe just go there and keep extending at the immigration office? Not sure though.
>>
>>2657092
Mercosur citizens have residency for 2 years, renewable.
There are investor visas, not too expensive, but I'd hire a lawyer to set it up.
There are digital nomad visas, 180+180 days, no work permit and you'll need proof of income.
You retarded friend is probably alluding to the fact that it's a shithole country and no one will check your papers. Obviously that's not sustainable if you want to live there permanently. You'll be issued a fine and will be barred from returning for some time when you leave. Highway Patrol will use your expired visa as a pretext for soliciting bribes and you won't be able to access anything that requires id.
>>
>>2657092

you get 90 days visa-free and you can just keep going to colonia and coming back in order to get a fresh 90 days (unless they changed the rules). it's annoying but at least it's a short trip. also useful for withdrawing dollars from the ATMs over there.
>>
We are full, fuck off.
>>
>>2657092
>moving to a sinking ship
Kek
lmao even
>>
>>2657092
Argie here. From Patagonia.
What is your idea coming?
What do you do or what are your intentions?.
I think it would be good to make all the paperwork if you want to get a job and have bank accounts and all that. But still..
I've never heard anyone having trouble with that even being temporary residents.
I met a couple from Georgia living here for 20 years and working as teachers in a music school and one of them got the national ID and the other didn't until today.
The son of that couple grew as an immigrant and accessed everything a citizen would. Public school bank accounts and university.

I think you cannot grasp the freedom in here. No one is going to enforce the law and law enforcers will help you bypass the formalities to make your things easier. It is some cultural thing. .
>>
>>2657564
Argie again here.

What I try to say is:
Don't even worry or don't even think of the paperworks.
Even less so if you are not going to get into the cosmopolitan Buenos Aires jet set corporate labour market.
Come and see some places. I truly recommend finding places to live that are not Buenos Aires, since people there are in all senses insane.
You will find people very welcoming and helpful and even more so if you are a foreigner from a northern country with USD in your pockets. You can even buy land or a house for a very very cheap price in your terms

I really recommend Patagonia, near Andes mountains there are really comfy and good towns. Bariloche, Bolsón, Villa La Angostura
Also it could be good to visit Córdoba and Mendoza.
Just don't think Buenos Aires is Argentina because you might be disapointed
>>
>>2657436
Well what are all the Russian draft dodgers doing?
OP can do the same thing as them
>>
>>2657567
>>2657564
sounds very promising
thanks for the information
so nobody's going to bust your balls if your visa expires? what about when leaving the country?
>>
>>2657564
>will help you bypass the formalities t

Does this apply if you are not white?
>>
>>2657491
JEWlei is going to make Argentina a libertarian paradise, trust me bro! 2 more weeks!
But all in seriousness, ignore all the retards here, the cunts who work for the government WILL make your as hard as possible.
You can forget about doing anything without a DNI.
They'll try to squeeze as much money out of you as they can.
>>
>>2657699
>You can forget about doing anything without a DNI.
is it difficult to get that for a canadian/german?
>>
looks like the way people do it is to get a student visa and just keep extending it til you've been in country for 2 years then apply for citizenship
seems like a bitch though and I don't want to be going to school there
>>
>>2657721
>and I don't want to be going to school there

why not? it's free in Argentina
>>
>>2657737
>2657737
well I guess I could if I could find a decent spanish program, I'm just not interested in studying anything, I'm 35 and plan on coming to argentina to retire
I was searching for spanish courses and they were like 200 USD per week so I guess I was looking at the wrong schools
>>
>>2657737
can you show me where to find a free spanish course in argentina? seems like they all cost a lot of money
>>
>>2657092
question for argentines:
how is the situation there if you get paid in USD? is it true that things got really expensive even for foreigners to live there?
also, nomadlist.com/buenos-aires says the crime situation is kinda bad. is that true?

>>2657721
beware, they might change that. Jewlei wants foreigners to pay to study there. he might also change everything related to foreign students.
>>
>>2658517
still trying to find where it says you can study for free
I guess if you are studying spanish courses at a university?
>>
>>2658541
>still trying to find where it says you can study for free
anon, public ed it's literally free for everyone. I'm from latin america, I've been to universities in buenos aires before and they had a TON of students from other countries (peruvian, bolivian, paraguayan, brazilians...)
private ones aren't, though.
try looking for news; guess you could use these keywords "milei paying foreign students" or something.
>>
>>2658517
Yes, shit is expensive — as expensive as any decent European country. I was in Spain a few weeks ago and groceries and other shit is actually cheaper over there. I'm seriously thinking on moving to a small town in Spain, like Merida.

I don't know why you retards want to come here, go to Europe instead. This is a shit hole and will always be.
>>
>>2658551
anon... you obviously are trying to discourage people from going/moving there. I was there some 8 months ago and things were cheap af. so cheap, it was kinda sad
>>
>>2658552
That changed with Milei, he eased all price controls. Shit has gone up tenfold.

I was spending like $50 in groceries a few months back, now I have to spend $350 to be able to buy the same shit. Bills? all went up x5, at least.
>>
>>2658552
>>2658553
I'm telling you, almost everything is more expensive that in Spain; it's crazy.
>>
>>2658551
>This is a shit hole and will always be.

In theory they have enough oil to solve all their foreign exchange problems but it'll take time to ramp up production, maybe ten years.
>>
>>2657092
It's a blatant shithole
>>
>>2657564
Hey. I want to move from Colombia to Tierra del Fuego for 1 or 2 months.

Cuando tenía unos 15 o 16 años vi un documental sobre la isla del faro en Cabo Hornos. Quedé impactado por lo hermoso que es y la biodiversidad. Actualmente trabajo remoto y realmente estoy interesado en irme a vivir cerca de Cabo Hornos 1 o 2 meses. He pensado rentar una habitación en Puerto Williams o Ushuaia. ¿Tiene sentido lo que quiero hacer o me voy a estrellar con la realidad?
>>
File: IMG-20211010-WA0007.jpg (413 KB, 1600x1200)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>2658517
As I said, avoid Buenos Aires. Shithole, crime, crowded, people is nuts, very risky and quite expensive to live.
Go to comfy places. cheaper, simpler, nicer folk, dollars highly appreciated.
Don't try to sneak into corporate ivory towers, that's all. Find something to do to provide good service to community and do good deeds. You will be highly regarded and welcomed.

>>2657703
not true.

>>2657627
Do you think you are going to get imprisoned or detained? No way man, on your own. I live here in Patagonia, I have an expired driver license for as long as three years now, never been asked. I travelled and all. Just once I was asked for it and I showed it and the cop didn't say anything. People is just chill. Play dumb, they will play dumb.

>>2657703
no, but don't even worry.

>>2657699
Tipical fear based. the state corporate aparatus is shrinking, and people avoid taxes and fees as much as they can.
There was no enforcement back then, they will not enforce now. Because as I say, the enforcement of corporate state politics is not in the Argie consciousness.
Even covid scamdemic diluted fast and controls were lame.
Everywhere except Buenos Aires, I lived there for three years, it's another thing. Avoid it.
>>
>>2657567
I have been thinking of going to Cordoba for a couple of months. How cheaper is it then the rest of country? Also how are the college ladies there?
>>
>>2658688
Drastic change!
I have never been there. But sounds epic.
Chillest people in the continent. Slowest paced place I can think of. Long long winter. Praised cold summer. You will feel cold coming from Colombia. Nevertheless beautiful to pursue.
Does your path have heart?
>>
>>2661045
Can't say anything about college ladies. I don't know.
I havent been in Córdoba. I Think it's going to be cheap because it is one of the biggest cities. But that brings other complications you know...
>>
>>2661040
>I have an expired driver license for as long as three years now, never been asked. I travelled and all.
That explains why Argentines drive like absolute shit
Argentina is a shithole and yes, it's much more expensive than Europe. Buenos Aires is the biggest village I've ever seen and no matter where you are, all Argentines are retarded sociopaths. It's a terrible place and a waste of time.
>>
>>2661168
>, it's much more expensive than Europe

it wasn't always like this. it's just milei doing what he promised, to destroythe country
>>
>>2661053
Is it chad only? Just set my location there and barely got any matches in Cordoba. Still going to go anyway but I thought I would have gotten better results than I did
>>
>>2661247

nobody can afford to date or even have sex any more in argentina. the condoms are too expensive and so are the telos
>>
File: 8o9lc5.jpg (45 KB, 558x447)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>2658551
>Yes, shit is expensive — as expensive as any decent European country. I was in Spain a few weeks ago and groceries and other shit is actually cheaper over there. I'm seriously thinking on moving to a small town in Spain, like Merida.
>I don't know why you retards want to come here, go to Europe instead. This is a shit hole and will always be.

bot, u say the same thing every argie thread...
>>
>>2657092
I lived in Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil for a few years. I became fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese. I ended up spending the majority of my time in Uruguay.

I would recommend Uruguay over Argentina by every metric. My wife and I are currently looking at homes in Uruguay.

If you have any questions, I'll come back and check tomorrow.
>>
>>2657564
Guy who lived there confirming.

Your concept of laws and requirements is so far gone from South America, it's like the wild west. Laws are mere suggestions. You could get away with just about anything, I know Uruguay at least you get free citizenship if you've lived there 5+ years illegally. If you sincerely want to go the legal route, I believe you only need $10k in a bank account and they'll grant you residency.
>>
>>2658553
Can you get a fair exchange rate when withdrawing cash from ATMs these days?
>>
>>2661385
Why? Uruguay is just more expensive Argentina. Everything else is the same, including Jewish protectionism that will make you pay through the roof for any electronic device more complex than a calculator
>>
Are the smaller cities effected by Jewlei's lack of price controls or is it only BA? Was honestly trying to avoid the latter anyway
>>
>>2661814
Prices for electronics look pretty normal on mercadolibre.com.uy I mean they price it out directly in USD as any more expensive purchase in UY is done in USD anyway not just electronics and the exchange rate is normal.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.