[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: castrate.png (654 KB, 885x761)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
Burger wants to visit Cuba, is it reasonable or am I retarded? Also, only basic Spanish knowledge - can I cheese my way through a two week visit with Google Translate?
>>
>>2657445
Cuba is not dangerous, regardless of what the Oligarchy of the United States says.
>>
>>2657445
>is it reasonable or am I retarded?
prepared to be scammed at every turn. nobody except touts speak english. it is a vastly overrated, expensive, low value, shithole. mexico is better by every metric.
>>
>>2657445
There is literally no reason to pick one Spanish-speaking Caribbean shithole over another

Why not just go to Puerto Rico instead so at least your sales taxes are going to your own government?
>>
>>2657545
Exact this

Also food is scarce and bad. It's also hard to come by bottle water. And no "corner shops" where you could grap a cold bottle of soda.

Its a shithole. Like going to Haiti but without the crime.
>>
>>2657547
A couple of reasons: it's a different country and one that is still viewed with a sort of mystique due to my country's relationship to it, a handful of historic sites (like El Morro and Old Havana), and just general interest in seeing how the country functions first hand.
I do want to visit Puerto Rico eventually, but it seems like it'll be easier to do that even when I have less time than I do now.
>>
>>2657547
Shalom
>>
>>2657574
yeah i didnt even get into the food. really its the worst part and in the end the issue that will destroy any vestiges of a positive impression. the food is depression tier - western prices & literally a step above mud pies.
>Puerto Rico
there are too many other rational options available to justify wasting time, money, and peace of mind in cuba.
>>
>>2657579
I forgot to mention it's also because I heard they only have two kinds of beer and both are piss poor
I want to see how bad it is firsthand and then never think about it again
>>
>>2657547
Yeah cause I really want more of my tax dollars going towards Israel and gibs for nigs. Kill yourself kike
>>
File: 1709485533178937m.jpg (126 KB, 1024x849)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Does Cuba have a decent internet connection yet ? I would LOVE to digital nomad there but apparently it's slow as fuck. Why can't they invest in some decent internet? Even shitholes like the Philippines have good internet now.
>>
>>2657842
>Does Cuba have a decent internet connection yet
lol, no. its slow, very expensive, only available in a handful of hotspots in the blazing sun, and most sites are blocked. nothing works there...NOTHING.
>>
How mad will the Commies be if I try to hand out Spanish versions of Mises Human Action
>>
>>2657842
>Why can't they invest in some decent internet?
It's called "authoritarianism"
>>
>>2660144
You'll probably get arrested and shot
>>
>>2660148
China, Russia, Britain, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and Dubai have great internet though. Even Laos, Cambodia and Thailand have good internet despite being authoritarian.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.