[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled.png (121 KB, 2206x1254)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Whats the best island to go to in the south pacific? Ive been to bora bora and im still keen to go to something similar
>>
If you dive, Truk (Chuuk) has the best diving ever.
>>
>>2659111
Truk (formerly Chuck)
>>
Hawaii is god tier. I'm from Aus and had been all over as a kid since my parents loved going around the pacific. I'd not been to hawaii until two years ago and it blew the others out of the water in terms of nature. If you're sitting arround in Honolulu it's a waste of time but wow those islands are beautiul
>>
>>2660659
How is Hawaii different than other South Pacific islands? Bigger mountains?
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>2659103
Haven't been but I feel like Tonga is extremely kino. An island nation under monarchy, under visited. It's on the top of my bucket list next year as I really wanna experience swimming with whales.
The only place I've been to in South Pacific is Niue. Great small island, no tourists whatsoever.
>>
>>2659103
>bora bora
tourist trap. Kiribati is king at least before it gets underwater
>>
>>2664016
Bora Bora is the most beautiful place in the world and Kirbati is a floating garbage pile filled with diabetes ridden locals that are desperate to leave. You've never been, have you
>>
>>2661783
Arent tongans like extremely violent people? Also Tonga is a penal colony for asstralian inslanders, they get sent there instead of going to prison lmao.
>>
>>2659111
Chuuk is a literal shithole hated by the rest of their own country, by Guam (they hate the Chuukese like nothing else), and Hawaii (because Micronesians can live in the US and have a right to work under the FSM's treaty with the US government)

>>2661077
It's the only place in the region that's actually a nice place to live, work, in a "normal" sense, and is part of the US (therefor actually has standards). The environment suffers a bit because of the population, but other places have far more impact on an individual level just less population so less overall. I say this as a state worker.

>>2664016
If you're poor, just say so. I've been to bora bora twice, Kiribati once.

>>2664901
Can confirm, am already planning another trip. When I'm in Tahiti I feel like when mainland tourists come to Hawaii.
>>
>>2664901
>>2665324
Aren't all these people the same?
They all have that weird dysgenic, psychotic look, bulging eyes and are extremely fat. They only seem to play rugby if they're not sitting on their lard asses or doing those weird ancient dances.
>>
>>2665651
lol'd

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.