[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nmiac3fvdb621.jpg (1.33 MB, 4032x3024)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>Last Thread: >>2648804

>"remember, we parked the car under rollercoaster C" edition.

>What is this thread? Why are there two generals?
/rcg/ was initially created as a way for the roller coaster enthusiasts on here to discuss all things roller coasters and theme parks. While roller coasters are the main focus of these threads (and the title of the general) there is also discussion on other theme parks, their rides, as well as the parks themselves and trip planning too. That's where /tpg/ comes in.
>Can I talk about Disney/Universal parks in this thread?
Absolutely! Disney discussion of all sorts including rides/resorts/dining/trip planning is OK.

Thread Tip Pro: When in line for a coaster with a bunch of normies, feel free to autistically infodump to them every single iota of information you know about the ride you are about to go on: opening date, manufacturer, # of inversions, stats etc.

Roller Coaster Database:
>https://rcdb.com/

Amusement Park News Sites:
>https://www.themeparkinsider.com/
>https://www.screamscape.com/
>https://www.coaster101.com/

Disney Park News:
>https://www.wdwnt.com/
>https://www.wdwmagic.com/
>https://www.allears.net
>https://www.mousesteps.com
>>
I rode Scream the other day and remembered when B&M's were what RMC is now. Everybody wanted a B&M. They were behemoths like Riddler's Revenge and even Knott's got a large B&M that basically towered over the walkways.

Now B&M is just sort of meh. Dive coasters seem to be keeping them in business as parks downsize their investments. The old B&Ms are getting rougher and I think we are going to see a bunch of the 90s coasters get removed in the next 5-10 years.

The only B&M's I really get excited anymore are the inverted models. Batman, Flight Deck and Silver Bullet are still all smooth and fun. But the floorless models that are everywhere are kind of boring.
>>
>>2659561
Post-merger I'd like to see them at least put sand around it like CF did with Dominator.. but I won't get me hopes up. Cedar Point already showing signs of Six Flags such as no condiment bar at Coasters Diner (which the employees are blaming on the merger.. but I'll keep in mind they probably don't know anything and it's just a rumor).
>>2659566
I love their hyper and giga model. They have a patent to put the moving surf coaster seats on a sit down model. This might be a game changer. I agree floorless is boring but back in the day I liked their loopers (whether floorless or sit-down). Positives and head banging always meant headache though and they don't make those forceful layouts any longer. Inverts aren't much different to me and I only like them in the front row. They call them boring and mild for a reason but cracked support aside their safety and reliability record is one of the best and they make high capacity coasters. Dives are meh but the GP loves them. CF loves them. United/Sea World loves them.
>>
One week until I go to Busch Gardens for the first time. Only have one day, a Wednesday. Right now the site says that DarKoaster and the log ride and the shoot the chutes ride and the river boat are only open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'd like to not miss out on those, but I'm sure I'll have a good time even if they aren't open.
>>
>>2659581
>Right now the site says that DarKoaster and the log ride and the shoot the chutes ride and the river boat are only open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Why bother going to a park if they close rides during the week and open them on the most crowded days? These companies still think they can cut their way to the future.
>>
>>2659561
>Thread Tip Pro: When in line for a coaster with a bunch of normies, feel free to autistically infodump to them every single iota of information you know about the ride you are about to go on: opening date, manufacturer, # of inversions, stats etc.

This has been the same for the past four threads can you please change it next thread
t.autism
>>
>>2659604
But it's a really good tip!
>>
>>2659601
It sucks, but right now they're only open Thursday-Sunday. Next week is the first week of the year they're open all seven days. Hopefully it'll change next week, but they're only open until 6:00 those nights so I think it'll be not crowded, but I don't know if they'll feel like opening all the rides. Still they'll have enough that I know I'll have a good time.
>>
Find me a more kino Disney ride.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBH5ILiDbw&pp=ygUUU25vdyB3aGl0ZSBkYXJrIHJpZGU%3D
>>
>>2659738
By definition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVct8PgM7hQ
>>
File: beast.png (1.97 MB, 1024x768)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
Pay your respects to The Beast.
>>
File: 1392672329295.jpg (2 KB, 124x121)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
Going to Cedar point next week.
Getting ready to be ripped off with no TT2...
Taking a bunch of people for their first time (my 2nd time), and we all get to see what we don't get to ride.
>>
>>2659789
I will be next month. Taking my first trip to Kings Island as an extension to my Cedar Point trip.
>>
>>2659791
Yeah it sucks. I still put SteVe, Millie, and Maverick ahead of TT2 but TT2 is still an elite coaster experience. I just felt like the train was going to fall apart (and maybe it was?)
>>
>>2659789
I only went to Kings Island one time, and it happened to be the day that every school group in the area went there, and the lines were insane, and after riding a few flat rides, we bit the bullet and got in line for one of the big coasters, and we chose Son of Beast. We waited an hour or two to get on, and it was the worst ride I've ever ridden, I had a massive headache, and we left right after that. That was the only coaster I rode that day. I want to go back to Kings Island because I don't think I really got a fair experience.
>>
>>2659973
>I don't think I really got a fair experience.
That's a huge understatement. SoB was one of the worst coasters ever built.
>>
>>2659974
I figured that out while I was riding it. It ruined my already very bad day. I still want to ride the original.
>>
>>2659935
>SteVe
>Millie
Sad!
>>
>Alton Towers is getting a new top spin, near where they used to have a top spin 10+ years ago

Don't get this. Those things had terrible reliability and were breaking down constantly.
>>
>>2659983
look, that's what people have nicknamed them and it's easier than typing out the full names. Yes they're kinda gay. They even used the nicknames on the park-exclusive squishmallows.. except Steve is the seagull eating French fries. The lesser used nickname for Millennium Force is Milf. Wouldn't want to confuse Millennium Force with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor now..
>>
>>2659791
ETR is now claiming TT2 might be open as soon as tomorrow. They've been testing it and it might open with a replacement of the same part. And they might just keep very prematurely replacing that part until the fix comes to keep the ride open. Possibly with 2 trains shit capacity.
>>
>>2660547
This seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>2660564
Why?
>>
>>2660564
It doesn't sound unsafe. It sounds like a part that needs to be replaced anyways after so many cycles. It's just showing fatigue after much fewer cycles than intended. Replacing it early is a quick interim fix albeit expensive. They can reduce the number of cycles by running two trains and keeping one out to work on. They'll be inspecting it constantly if they do decide to run it this way (which I doubt)
>>
>>2660597
If it's the wheels, it's not a big deal and they'll just keep burning through their stock and rewheeling the trains until they can source better replacements. (If so, it's nearly certainly due to the polymer surface wearing off and not a problem with the wheel itself).
>>
>>2660605
I have a feeling it's less serious than what the so-called "insiders" are feeding to people. It seems to be more serious than just the wheels wearing down as the closure announcement mentions a mechanical modification. But the closure announcement also says it will reopen "as soon as we are confident we can deliver the ride experience that our guests deserve." which doesn't sound like a safety issue. They're also not being transparent like Carowinds was with Fury's support crack (I know it's a different park but the same owner).
>>
>>2660609
Also, the park is open today and they're testing it. If it were a serious issue they wouldn't test it during operating hours
>>
>>2660609
>a mechanical modification
Well, using new wheels is a mechanical modification, albeit a minor one. But parks communicate to the public in broad terms because people won't understand what they're talking about if they get specific and will jump to the wrong conclusions.
>They're also not being transparent
It's really not their responsibility. Carowinds had to be more forthcoming because a widely publicized incident occurred (even though it didn't jeopardize safety to the degree the public thought it did). There's no advantage for Cedar Point to release more information than what they've already said.
>>
>>2660620
True. Well, if it's just burning through wheels too quickly then this is a nothing burger. Even the original had that problem in its first year. They did remove TT2 from the fast lane plus rides list and modify the coastermania agenda to say it might not be running though. If it runs 2 trains to reduce wear, removing fast lane plus will keep the line moving faster
>>
Holy FUCK how did Disney fuck up a Star Wars land so badly? I went there today and it completely sucked. It’s basically just an outdoor mall with overpriced Star Wars shit, a shitty video game ride, and a gimmicky Star Wars version of the Ratatouille ride. Nothing in this area is even labeled so you don’t know what the fuck you’re walking into (99% chance it’s another gift shop.) The area isn’t even set on Tatooine like I thought it was; some weird planet named Batuu or something. All they fucking had to do was put in a Mos Eisley cantina restaurant, a Millennium Falcon walkthrough, a stage show, and some character meet and greets actually in the area and not on the other side of the fucking park in an abandoned building and it would have been fine. Instead all you get are a bunch of fat 30 year old sweaty manchildren scurrying about buying shitty overpriced toys.
>>
>>2660791
>The area isn’t even set on Tatooine like I thought it was; some weird planet named Batuu or something

Well yeah, Tatooine's a desert with no trees or vegetation. The real problem with Batuu is that the "This backwater spaceport's a hub for outer rim adventures" doesn't really work when the Falcon only has one destination. Relocating Star Tours, adding more Falcon missions, and giving up on the "The entire land is Episode 8.5" time period autism, which they've already started loosening with Mando and Boba meet and greets, would vastly improve things. Also, actually build the full "Restaurant that has musical acts and a big animatronic Hutt just hanging out" that the Cantina was supposed to be merely a small part of.
>>
>>2660791
The one in Anaheim puts it behind the riverboat. During the day time, the peaks from galaxy's edge are visible behind the little waterfall with the animatronic natives so it looks worse than before.
>>
>>2660791
It’s definitely underwhelming
>>
>>2660791
I was foolish back when the land was first announced. I thought Disney was actually going to go all out on making Star wars land the most immersive experience ever. I thought there would be way more actors in costume. Plus, who else remembers the line they said about how "You won't be able to buy a Star Wars t-shirt here"?
>>
>>2660791
>Main entrance to the land enters into a dull, lifeless forest area, providing an underwhelming first impression for most guests.
>The entrance from Grand Avenue, an "urban" land, connects to the natural part of Galaxy's Edge while the entrance from Toy Story Land, a more natural land, connects to the urban part of Galaxy's Edge.
>The land's weenie is not visible from either entrance.
>No OT or Prequel characters (except Chewbacca). I understand Disney wanting to push their own trilogy, but at this point, just rotate characters in sets and say it's a different time period.
>Naming your signature drink milk in fucking Florida.
>No music.
>Zero kinetic energy.
Such baffling choices. I know most guests won't register most of these things, but it still adds up in their brains. Compare walking into Diagon Alley for the first time to Galaxy's Edge, and it's night and day.
>>
Disney fans will complain and complain and complain but the one thing they won't do is stop showing up with cash in hand

You guys are just paypiggies and deserve it
>>
>>2661013
The last time I went, they had the OG paper fastpass. I've had no interest in returning since.
>>
File: 20240427_102344.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x2268)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>2660791
It's not that bad you overdramatic fag. If they added some music, the roaming droids that were supposed to be there (drones too), and another ride it'd be top notch. The bones are there for it be great. Oga's cantina is great and the shops are actually pretty cool and well done. Not to mention Ronto Roasters has a FANTASTIC quick service breakfast (which I feel is incredibly rare in any park). I'm not an apologist and won't act like they didn't fuck a lot of things up and really cheap out in a few places, but overall it's a solid 7.5/10. Rise is a great ride and you're just a coping mad butt blasted faggot if you say otherwise. Smugglers Run works really well with friends/family but kind of sucks if you're with a bunch of randos.
>>
>>2661037
As a Star Wars fan, it's disappointing. Sterile and soulless. Rise is a good ride but it's overrated as fuck and plagued by technical issues (I've still never seen the 2nd kylo animatronic) and based off of Disney Wars. The falcon ride is garbage. The blue milk is awful vegan shit. The lightsabers and toy droids are gay. The not mos eisley cantina was okay. I don't think they should even attempt to improve the land, they should leave it as is, move on, and make another Star Wars land elsewhere. Universal's got 2 (soon to be 3) Harry Potter lands.

Also, you are most definitely an apologist
>>
>>2661041
No, I'm just not a miserable faggot like (you). Also your ideas are terrible and stupid, go back to six flags
>>
>>2661037
>>2661041
Both of you are pathetic
>>
>>2661043
Some of the takes on here just make me irrationally mad because the people here are just so damn stupid and mind fucked when it comes to Disney. No, I'm not a shill or Disney adult. Yes, Disney pisses me off a lot. Doesn't make the takes surrounding them any less dumb.
>>
>>2661042
Hey fuck you. Stop projecting and calling others faggots as a coping mechanism for being a faggot yourself (and a bottom at that). They spent a billion dollars on that land. It should be a solid 10/10. Anything less is a waste of a billion dollars.

Also, I would rather go to several Six Flags parks over hollywood studios. Great America, Great Adventure, Over Georgia, Fiesta Texas, Magic Mountain.
>>
>>2661042
just quick life advice if you call people names at a bar you might get stabbed pretty fast with that tone. Dont be a punk ass motherfucker who disrespects people if they dont agree with you on star wars, or do you plan on dying on that hill like a retard would? Let it go, apologize, dont ego trip at Chan like a dork.
>>
>>2661059
Ok
>>2661064
First time on 4chan?
>>
>>2660901
I never been to Disneyland since I live in Florida and just go to WDW, but I fucking hate that they shoved GE into DL. That shit should had went into Disney California Adventure.
>>
>>2661126
Just because it's 4chan doesn't mean you have to act like a child on /b/ circa 2007 or an incel chud from /pol/
>>
Some thoughts and info about TT2's current teething problems from a ride mechanic:
https://youtu.be/jgBphhS86Js?si=jUJeiYMequ0FihUf
>>
>>2661042
at least Six Flags has good rides
>>
>>2661162
He thinks it’s the wheels too. I didn’t know it could take almost the whole season to get new wheels though. Well, I’m glad I got to ride it 4 times.
>>
Disney Adults: Roller coasters belong at Six Flags which is for poors

Also Disney Adults: Make sure you wake up before 7am on your vacation to try and get a Genie+ Lightning Lane for Slinky Dog Dash, the mostly unthemed shitty Mack Rides roller coaster that wouldn’t even stand out at a Six Flags

This anon right here >>2661051 who claims they aren’t a Disney Adult or apologist: I will not take this Slinky Dog Dash slander. It is an excellent and underrated family coaster as seen by how it has the longest queue in the park. If you disagree, you should kill yourself, faggot and go back to Six Flags
>>
tip i'm sure everyone knows, if you've been to disneyland, don't bother with tokyo disney, it's the exact same with better food and no california adventure.
>>
>>2661294
If you have time it's worth it for Pooh, Monsters Inc, and Beauty and the Beast
>>
>>2661294
TDL is very reminiscent of how Magic Kingdom and DL were in the 70s-80s, both in terms of maintenance standards and just general theming (especially Tomorrowland), which I personally like. That's not even mentioning the park next door which has the best theming on the planet
>>
>>2661139
Most of Disneyland has kind of a retro feel to it. Even Tomorrowland with the old time idea of "the future." Cramming star wars land right behind the land themed after 19th century US makes little sense other than they had more space. DCA makes more sense, but I'm not sure it had enough space.
>>
>>2661291
They had Crush's coaster at DLP to show them just how much of an issue it is having a low capacity 'novel' family coaster is in terms of disproportionate queue times. If you've only a single family coaster in a park, it will get busy as fuck, you'd better make sure it's high capacity.

>lucked out at DLP as Crush's coaster finished maintenence early and opened a couple of hours before the park closed with a non insane queue.
>actually enjoyed it

Sure it's short and a generic layout but spinning coasters in the dark that don't used wild mouse style layouts are fun. Got stuck at the top of the big drop for a few minutes and thought I was going to have to evac
>>
>>2661371
This, Crush Coaster is actually pretty damn fun, the problem is it's NEVER worth the astronomical wait times it has 95% of the time
>>
What's the overlap between "adult Disney fans" and "adults who are too scared to go on big coasters"? It's got to be almost 1. Getting into Disney is just how they sublimate their child-like phobia of roller coasters - they get to enjoy theme parks without the worry that they'll ever have to confront their own fear of "the big rides," lol.
>>
>>2661436
Why do Disney adults live in your head rent free?
>>
>>2661447
NTA but they're enabling Iger's bad behavior by continuing to give him money. When Six Flags raised prices people stopped going but when Disney raised prices Disney adults just take it in the ass and smile.
>>
>>2661448
I totally agree but the last few threads there's been seething over the existence of Disney adults and that's been worse for threads than actual Disney adults which don't really come here. It's being angry at someone who isn't even present, whiny behavior.
>>
File: 1626514678330.png (288 KB, 720x619)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>>2661451
>>
>>2661447
>I-I'm not s-scared of big coasters!

>>2661451
Lmao
>>
>>2661454
>>2661436
You're overlooking the "Theming snobbery" factor in Disney park fans. Like Universal's Velocicoaster and Hagrid wouldn't be nearly as well regarded if there weren't Disney adults (which do overlap with Universal's fanbase) going "Finally, they figured out how to make bare steel coasters interesting" by slapping static figures of raptors and three headed dogs along the track layout.
>>
>>2661458
Believe me I know exactly what you're talking about. They'll do the same thing with food. All because a wood coaster with an 85 foot drop terrifies them.
>>
>>2661464
It's less that its terrifying and more "What's the point if there isn't any lore here? I need something that lets me pretend I'm in a 3D platforming level"
Another fresh example: That Loch Ness Monster overhaul with the big monster statue is getting some decent buzz from Disney people.
>>
>>2661468
>>2661458
So basically fuck anyone who doesn't like parking lot coasters?
>>
>>2661458
Kek! Hagrid does wind its way through some nicely themed ruins but the first time I rode it I didn’t even notice them
>>
>>2661473
The opposite actually, I'm just dressing it up in snark. Disney pricing out more people is a prime opportunity for regional parks to try and build up more atmosphere and characters. We've had parks reviving retired characters like the Knotts Bears or the Speelunkers at Six Flags over Texas, Georgia has walkaround Monster Mansion characters now, themed overhauls of legacy coasters, new parks trying to make a mark for themselves. It's a much more interesting time then the coaster wars.
>>
>>2661483
Agreed. I prefer some theming to none at all. I was pleasantly surprised at the nicely themed aeronautica landing area at Carowinds. They have a bar there with screens behind it to mimic airline windows. Copperhead Strike was nicely themed too. Cedar Fair’s been pretty good at this in recent years and I think it will continue after the merger considering Six Flags is getting in on it too. It’s nice to see
>>
>>2661451
Obsessed Disney parks and resorts fans are still on the Disney Adult spectrum.
>>
>>2661483
>>
File: FB_IMG_1716076039237.jpg (109 KB, 1080x720)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>2661592
>>2661490
>>2661483
>>2661468
>>2661458
What we really need in the states is for the industry to catch up with whats going on with theme parks overseas.
You have Phantasialand, Europa and Efteling taking the lead in the balance between theming and thrill rides and doing it without the use of commercial IPs.
On the flip side, you have the parks in the UAE building massive IP-based parks that would have been massively popular if they had been built in the US.
But the industry is mostly run from the top by corporate execs who see everything in black and white dollar signs, they are clueless to the actual theme park customer base and what they want. They think that just throwing a bunch of coasters into a park barebones is all thats needed to compete, but now that disney is losing so hard, they should capitalize on trying to take that market share by actually competing in "big theming".
Just do both like they do in Europe, go heavy on theming the heavy hitter coasters and thats the formula for huge success in the US. It just has barely been tried yet so these companies seem unaware of its potential to put them near the top.
Herschend, Hershey, SeaWorld Parks etc. take note.
You have the money and the momentum, its time to go all out.
>>
>>2661615
Phantasialand receives EU subsidies and the Arab parks receive their own state assistance, parks in the US don't enjoy those benefits
>>
>>2659561
What do you guys think about the fact that some places have a housekeeping fee and don't automatically provide the service? It really pisses me off that society has gone that downhill.
>>
>>2659561
Gwanzi is supposed to be the best roller coaster in Fl...I heard Cedar Point has the best coasters in the world...
>>
>>2659581
If you're going to the Fl one its a great time. Only ride didn't get was cheetah...line was an hour :/
>>
>>2659738
This one is sorely missed

https://youtu.be/QrOrbWlH76Q?si=vAMlavtBiflJVkGz
>>
>>2659561
Any resort recommendations for Central Florida? I'm looking for a relaxing place that has spacious rooms, good housekeeping, is not overcrowded with loud families but is still family friendly, on site Waterpark is a huge plus.
>>
Is it agreed that despite the trash Star Wars land, Hollywood Studios has the best aesthetic of all Disney parks, right? California version with that atrocious soulless Guardians of the Galaxy tower retheme is obviously disqualified.
>>
>>2661623
No, it's the one in Virginia. I'd love to ride Iron Gwazi, but I'm excited for what's in Williamsburg too. And the pictures look beautiful.
>>
new jennykino just dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0CpOYZZZW4
>>
>>2661620
I hear you, but let's just say any of these companies diverts their spending into prioritizing themed experiences. They would with no doubt, have the investment capital they need, especially a company like cedar flags which picks and chooses which of their 30+ parks to invest in.
Stop blowing your investments on cookie cutter rides to spread out evenly among flagships and regional parks.
Like when Six Flags built all those Justice League dark rides. What a waste of money to build the same thing over and over when they could have spent just a little more to build three unique themed dark rides at different locations vs five of the same exact thing. And because of that, nobody cared about these rides only a few years after they opened.
Or if you want to build a new coaster and make it the crown jewel of your flagship park, invest as much in one ride as you would in two by theming it to the same level as disney or universal. Maybe you wont have as much investment capital in the next five years, but the ride will be popular for decades.
These companies need to realize that going all out gives attractions staying power and in the long term, puts them more on the map than constantly adding and removing new and old coasters with nothing that makes any of them stand out among everything else out there.
>>
>>2659561
https://youtu.be/5Q_XkvELc1U?si=5a4kKAcmq4MWan-G

https://youtu.be/RH2S-luxbGI?si=iHGjqvA2HzyMdZRD
>>
>>2659738
I'm starting to realize that Disney is just a park for nostalgic adults. My kids don't really like Disney so I'll probably never get to go again because I already have to deal with a spouse who hates Disney. Honestly, one of the best times in my life was being surrounded by Disney Disneyphiles. We came from different and even opposing backgrounds but had that in common.
>>
>>2661630
Animal Kingdom clears
>>
>>2661490
Kings Island and Holiday World have the ideal level of theming for me. It's a little kitschy, a little cute, but also holy shit that's a massive roller coaster.
>>
>>2661670
The only thing I liked about dlr/dca was having a safe place to just walk around all day without fear of being mugged or stabbed. Shitty excuse for spending all that money on passes, but it was either that or stand in line for 30 - 60 minutes for boring rides. I wouldn't go back, though.
>>
>>2661630
>of all Disney parks
You are not a serious person
>>
>>2661592
Can't wait to get back to Lost Island when it opens for the season next week.
>>
>>2661703
Holiday World feels like too many missed opportunities for even basic theming.
Why the hell doesn't Halloween have a haunted house dark ride or walkthrough?
And Frightful Falls needs at least some blacklights and spooky dayglo paintings in the tunnel or something.

>>2661706
I'm feeling increasingly less safe at Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks as more and more black teens with weapons incidents are happening. Was going to to take my wife and kid to Six Flags Over Georgia on our upcoming trip but scrapped it from the itinerary after I heard about the influx of unruly black teens this year.
>>
>>2661630
It has a cool aesthetic sure, but a fuck load of empty buildings and dumb shit like “meet Edna Mode.” Who the fuck wants to meet Edna from the Incredibles? They couldn’t have at least done Frozone? The Edna meet and greet is literally the only thing in the Pixar Land by the way.
>>
>>2661794
Most Cedar Fair parks have chaperone policies and I expect Six Flags to adopt them after the merger, especially at Over Georgia and Great America which have had the recent incidents. I go to Cedar Point and Kings Island the most and there aren’t very many blacks. There are some but I haven’t seen any rowdy ones in recent years that I can think of. You still see them bouncing basketballs around.

Most regional parks are far enough away from the nearest city. KI is in Mason, OH which is outside Cincinnati but like 90% white and a very safe place. Six Flags St. Louis is in Eureka nestled into hills that’s are the beginning of the Ozarks. Also 90% white. Just to name some examples. Then you get parks like Busch Gardens Tampa which is in the middle of a sketchy area but I never feel unsafe inside the park.
>>
>>2661792
I hope they can find away to stay in business
>>
>>2661626
Orange Lake. They only do housekeeping in between stays though
>>
>>2661794
>I'm feeling increasingly less safe at Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks as more and more black teens with weapons incidents are happening.

Well, I'm in California and just enough a dark shade to blend in so I think I'd be okay if I went to magic mountain. I'm wondering if there are any other big, walkable theme parks in my state before considering the SD zoo or taking up /out/ activities for my vacations.
>>
>>2661829
The way I see it, the park is going in a similar trajectory as their waterpark did, only this time they have a now-extremely successful waterpark to subsidize it for a few years.
It seems they may get a little extra pull from thoosies next year for either having the only raptor in the midwest or having the first wild moose.
>>
Why do so many amusement parks require a car to reach? Why are they so afraid to use buses to get to Six flags/Doney Park and such?
>>
>>2661877
Theme parks tend to be built where the land is very flat and very cheap or something that's gradually turned into a theme park over many decades. Doesn't lend itself to being accessible.

UK Parks:

Alton Towers: country manor in the middle of nowhere on the edge of a national park
Chessington: old outer london zoo turned into a theme park
Thorpe Park: old Gravel pit.
Legoland Windsor: built on the site of an old safari park.

They're all some degree of a fucking pain in the arse to get to. On the plus side, if the Universal park doesn't get Greater Crested Newt-ed It'll be reachable from a Train station that most of the country will be able to get a train to.
>>
>>2661877
>Why are they so afraid to use buses to get to Six flags/Doney Park and such?
You don't exactly want the urban poor showing up in significant numbers
>>
The new Alice in Wonderland show in Paris is really odd.

Neat stage though.

https://x.com/DLPReport/status/1791882329251573835
>>
>>2661637
Watched it all in one sitting, very informative video. I never knew how tiny the basic rooms were. It's sad that even what little of the concept was brought to fruition didn't even work properly.
>>
what happened to Over Texas? Shouldn't it be one of the better parks since it was featured in RCT2?
>>
>>2661910
you would assume that the first six flags park would be the best, but the company has been having trouble financially for a while
>>
>>2661626
go to volcano bay and stay at cabana bay. ask for a room in the tower near the water park entrance
>>
>>2661910
>>2661928
The parts of SFOT that haven't been changed much are still really nice and many are largely the same as they were decades ago, with lots meandering paths and lots of mature trees for shade.

Then you've got "Gotham City" which was clear cut and completely covered in asphalt. Not a bit of shade to be found there. I cannot imagine enjoying that in the Texas summer. Unsurprisingly, it looks like complete shit.
>>
>>2661874
That would put them on the thoosie map. I wish them the best of luck, if I’m ever 2 hours or less from it I’ll check it out just to marathon that intamin
>>
>>2661877
Because the US is car-based and this isn’t really a problem for people who know how to drive
>>
>>2661928
Plus they don’t own 100% of the land. It clearly isn’t doing well if they’re closing it one day a week during the peak season.
>>
>>2661971
>Plus they don’t own 100% of the land.
They don't own the park at all, a group of investors do, same with SFOG although it's likely that the company will buy out the investors of both parks in a couple of years at both.
>>
>>2661973
does this mean i need to try to go to SFOG before that happens? ive never been
>>
>>2661982
It means the post-merger Six Flags will probably take on more debt and buy out the investors at both SFOT and SFOG and hold off on new additions for a while, but there’s probably a timeline where they don’t and close/sell one or both. SFOG is a great park hindered by its budget and also the local “scholars” who frequent and work there
>>
>>2661982
It won't affect anyone who visits
>>
>>2661626
Best offsite Orlando area resorts for the $:
Drury Plaza at Disney Springs
Margaritaville Resort Orlando
Grand Beach
Caribe Royale
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
>>
Six flags Great Adventure is by far the best, but Six Flags Great Escape is by far the most comfiest.
>>
>>2661897
Who the fuck even came up with this stuff
>>
File: 1715739014145686.jpg (72 KB, 735x352)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>Halloween Horror Nights build up
God, I wanna drag some friends down here to check it out. I hope to god this shit is cash money this year lol.
>>
>>2662068
Is Great Adventure really the best? If Magic Mountain ever operates with everything open, it’s hard to beat the depth of that lineup. Great America isn’t far off from Great Adventure either. I think GAdv is a tad overrated by the massive population within its radius. There was a thread on reddit a few months ago about which regional parks are destinations with resorts and multiple people said GAdv despite the fact that there are no nearby hotels (that new glamping thing wasn’t open yet). I just think the locals are pretentious and entitled New York assholes who don’t care to know any better
>>
>>2659561
Anyone here live in the Orlando area?
I'll be moving there this fall, and I plan on getting annual passes to Disney, Universal, and Seaworld / BG.

How many people out there treat theme parks as a lifestyle? I plan to spend most days working from home, then picking one of many parks to hang out at every evening.
The reason I ask if there are lots of regulars who do this, I wonder how easy it is to make lots of friends around the parks. I'm sure I will get to know a bunch of employees, and I might chat up some tourists, but is there a large local community of adults for this kind of thing?
>>
anyone here been to Energylandia?
putting the 80 meter tall, grey steel Hyperion right next to the entrance with the dancing kiddie mascot parade on opening is hilarious. really a park of contrasts, messy but fun
>>
>>2662218
There are absolutely groups around but they may be varying degrees of obsessive, you'll have to decide which ones are a good match. Wouldn't surprise me if you get lots of 55+ people who come in multiple times a week largely just to sit at their favourite food place and sit and chat for an hour or two and people watch.

Be careful about trying too hard to get to know employees, I've seen a few cast member forums where they talk about annual pass people and streamers trying to get too chummy and first name basis with every cast member they see. If you naturally have conversations with them, they seem genuinely happy to talk to you (and not corporate forced happy) go ahead but make sure it's genuinely a two-way thing.
>>
>>2660791
I agree but Blue Milk was my favorite jink snack I got all vacation. Got it like 4 times. Maybe there’s something wrong with me. Yes I saw the leaked ingredients showing that it is supreme goyslop
>>
>>2662418
Nah, I enjoyed it too. Yeah the ingredients are shit but I've never really tasted anything like it.

My holiday last year was the first time I wasn't driving so I made sure to try as many of the alcoholic drinks I could. Was surprised at how much I enjoyed most of the drinks (one of the Universal HHN cock ails was my favourite, can't remember which). The Jägermeister slush at Epcot was slightly disappointing but I guess I was kinda hoping it would be a Jager bomb more than just it on its own.

It was also unrelentingly hot and humid last September (never rained once in the parks) and never let up which probably helped make the drinks taste better.
>>
>>2662422
Yeah, I was there in Aug 2023 on what people were saying was the hottest week in central Florida’s history. It was truly a whole different level of heat, had some family members essentially sit out the last few days in the hotel because they couldn’t take it and I ended up getting a heat rash all over my legs on a 35,000 step walking day which is something that’s supposed to only happen to old ladies. Heat was incomparable to any other time I’ve been, and some of the drink machines at a few snack booths and such were breaking down because of it
>>
>>2662068
Great Escape is criminally underrated as a park. The coaster lineup isn't great and they shouldn't have replaced the alpine bobsleds, but the atmosphere and old school charm makes it stand out among the other Six Flags parks. The only other SF that has somewhat similar vibes is Fiesta Texas. They both are the closest to "theme park" that the chain has to offer.
Its just kind of frustrating to see Great Escape focus almost exclusively on family rides when it could be the best of both worlds if they would just add a big coaster or two. The rapids is one of the best in the world, and the flats collection is definitely above-average.
But yeah, the leftover Storyland USA stuff, the bits of theming that were added since then, the location at Lake George which is an awesome place, and stopping at the Dandi Creme afterwards makes this park very special and nostalgic even if you didn't grow up going there.
Lake George in general is one of those places that makes you feel like you've stepped back in time when you're there.
>>
File: GN-cmvjW0AEk9-2.jpg (738 KB, 4000x2243)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
universal orlando kiddie area soft-opening imminent
>>
>>2662468
is that volcano bay? genuine question
>>
>>2662468
They could have done so much more with this land and I think the timing was bad.
The disney crowd are going to compare this barebones shit to Tiana and then draw perceptions that Epic Universe isn't a threat.
They should have built a copy of the Shrek ride at Motiongate with the Barney and Curious George space.
>>
>>2662526
Dreamworks Land replacing Fievel/Woody Woodpecker.

The Shrek playground has a slide coming out of his outhouse.
>>
>>2662195
SFFT is the best Six Flags park by far. Great Adventure is held down by the fact it's in New Jersey.
>>
>>2662227
energylandia needs two more wacky worms to beat magic mountain in the coaster wars
>>
>>2662575
they just released two new family rides last month. I hope they stop playing the quantity game and remove some of the wacky worm shit now that they have better themed kiddie coasters.
>>
>>2662575
To be fair, Magic Mountain's record is also padded by 4 kiddie coasters. Still not close to the 10 or so that Energylandia has.
>>
>>2662702
I kind of hope Energylandia will phase out their older kiddie coasters and revamp the first area to make a nicer first impression
>>
>>2662531
I think it's mostly fine. They should have added some off-the-shelf kids flat rides though. IMO, it's overall inferior to the outdated former area which they should have just kept and re-themed if they were going to be cheap. It's not helping this park's image as a neglected park. But it also didn't need to be closed for another year or longer and have a higher budget just for a more expensively themed children's area.
>>
>Disney are making a movie about Club 33

They're getting desperate for Park related movie ideas..
>>
Ever notice that most LSM launch coasters use short trains and rolling launches? The ones with longer trains use swing launches. LIM, as wasteful as it is, works just fine and is forceful with longer trains launching from a stand still. Maybe LSM is better than flywheel or weight drop (is it?) but it’s sad how it became the standard but I guess it’s the reason West Coast Racers duels while The Chiller is gone
>>
>>2662982
No moving parts is always preferable to a shitload of moving parts, that's why magnetic launches are the industry standard and there are only a few launchers out there that use other mechanisms
>>
>>2662982
Red Force may use shorter trains, but its LSM launch is pretty powerful from what I've heard. Maverick's 2nd launch is no joke, either.
>>
>>2663009
Both are rolling launches with shorter trains. Longer LIM launch coasters never needed rolling launches. Top Thrill 2 has (had?) longer trains, however, there are two rows of LSM fins
>>
>>2661896
>You don't exactly want the urban poor showing up in significant numbers
interesting, because that was entirely the clientele at disneyland. whereas tokyo disney I didn't see a single mobility scooter family of mexican obese retards
>>
>>2662227
aside from the big 2, notable rides include:
>Formula
great small launch coaster. buttery smooth, good speed, nice intensity, short but sweet.
>Abyssus
Formula's bigger brother. much longer with lots of loops. personally I prefer the more condensed experience of Formula, but the way abyssus is incorporated into its section is neat, it's very nice to look at
>Mayan
intense SLC, but a bit rough
>Dragon
this one is better, less intense but smoother with a fun layout. family ride, but worth checking out
>le 2 Vekoma Boomerangs
pleasant, but 2 is a bit redundant
>Sneed
takes you up on a scary lift, then Chucks you into water. not very intense, but it is a very tall water coaster
the others are boring kiddie rides. the new minecart they added was more forceful than I expected though it goes on for too long IMO
>>
>>2662965
It's a shame Dinosaur was never considered when they started desperately flailing for some. That'd kill two birds with one stone.
>>
>>2663323
That SLC is from 2015 and wasn’t relocated. Didn’t know they were still being made so late. His was only 2 years before the great nor’easter was retracked to be smoother so that sucks if it’s rough
>>
>>2661620
You must confuse it with Energylandia
>>
>>2663694
only a little bit, compared to most SLCs it's much better. the restrains are comfortable too
>>
File: Fuji Q Entrance.jpg (1.29 MB, 3024x3024)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
Didn't think I'd make it to Fuji Q on my trip to Japan since the train and bus were sold out, but a pair of seats opened up when I checked this morning. Got good views of Fuji and low crowds. Was able to ride all of the major coasters as well as getting a second ride on Fujiyama and Eejanaika without needing to pay for their fast pass.

Zokon and Takubisha were both fun rides, but not on the level of Fujiyama and Eejanaika.

Eejanaika was easily the craziest coaster I've been on. If you asked me to recount what happened after the first drop, I wouldn't be able to tell you. Just mayhem from beginning to end. Had a looser restraint on the second ride, and it felt like my soul was leaving my body at points.

Fujiyama was probably my favorite though. I didn't have high expectations, and it blew me away. It's just a fun hyper for the first 2/3rds or so with great views, but then it kicks into overdrive at the end. Long as fuck too, and the only ride that didn't feel too impacted by retarded operations.
>>
>>2663809
How retarded were the operations for you? It’s the one thing holding me back from going to any of these Japanese parks
>>
>>2663862
They definitely slowed down the lines with their autistic fixation on safety (Zokon has an entire pre-show dedicated to repeating the same basic safety spiel that was already playing on loop in the queue, for example). Shit's stupid and unnecessary, but the rides are still great, as is the location.
>>
>>2661468
>That Loch Ness Monster overhaul with the big monster statue is getting some decent buzz from Disney people.
Probably reminds them of a Disney coaster that also has a big static cryptid figure that roars
>>
What parks have the best top 3 in the world? Hard mode: No Cedar Point
>>
I went to Busch Gardens and had a good time even though I got sick from the rides. How do you not get sick? The last several times I've gone to a theme park I've felt bad at the end of the day. Like I get a headache and my stomach doesn't feel good. I like the rides when I'm on them.

I guess I don't live a very active life. Would getting more exercise help? My mom used to be able to do coasters and she just can't now. I'm scared I inherited it from her. My dad is 61 and he's a big fat guy, and he has way more stamina than me. He went back and rode Griffon three times. I think the heat is part of what makes me sick, but it wasn't even that hot that day. It was like 78 degrees or something.
>>
>>2664111
Eat a moderately sized breakfast before you get to the park. Make your own if you can, fast food is loaded with sodium which can make you feel worse if you're out in the sun.

The only thing you should drink for the day is water and lots of it. You have to stay ahead of dehydration and heat exhaustion, by the time you start to feel bad it's too late. Avoid sodas and energy drinks entirely, maybe have a Powerade/Gatorade after a while, but don't drink them exclusively.

Avoid spin & puke rides as those are the ones that will take you out of commission the fastest. If there's one you have to hit, hit it early, maybe first thing while your energy level is high. I don't get on those anymore.

Avoid greasy/salty foods if you can, unfortunately a lot of park food and fast food falls into this category. Consider leaving the park for a meal if you're not pushed for time, this will give you a little while to sit in the a/c and be off your feet. Also consider bringing a picnic lunch.

Take some pain reliever with you wrapped in Saran Wrap, then take one dose when you arrive and have another in your pocket for later (take with water ofc). Avoid aspirin though, it has a tendency to cause an upset stomach.

If you go a lot, you'll build up your tolerance for rides again. Only really an option if you live nearby and have a season pass, though.
>>
>>2664142
I've decided I'll never go on a tiltawhirl again. I do drink soda at the parks, I guess I should avoid that. I think honestly it's the rattling of the coasters that does it to me. I feel worse after every ride. It starts off slow but it catches up to me throughout the day.
>>
>>2664142
Most parks out there also let you bring your own refillable water bottle as long as it's clear, empty when you enter, and not made out of glass.
>>
>>2664164
Spinning flat rides have that effect on many adults. You can handle them as kids but the older you get the more nauseous they are and it can wreck your day. Coasters with lots of inversions and positive Gs rattle your brain around, especially if there is head banging. Also can make you nauseous and give you a headache. But some coasters like Mako I can ride all day long.
>>
>>2664164
>>2664361
Personally I avoid spinning flat rides. Coasters I find to be less taxing and more fun, as long as they're smooth
>>
Hyperia opened today, lots of povs around already. Looks insane but very short. At least it's pretty much insane unique elements from start to finish though
>>
>>2664111
You could be suffering from the heat more than the rides. Make sure you're cooling down in ac, drinking lots of warm water may not help that much, you need a cool drink. Most theme parks let you get ice from various outlets (not good pr someone getting heatstroke)

The closer you get to 100% humidity, the less sweating will do to cool you down. It's very easy to overheat and not know it. Other signs are that you're getting irritable for no reason and you get sudden bursts where you're completely drained
>>
>>2664382
>lots of povs around already
The only front row POV I've seen is Thorpe's official one, which is like every other park's official POV in that they play stupid music over it. Have you seen a front row POV without music?
>>
>>2664413
There's some rider facing ones in normal vids and proper povs in shorts. Looks like the weird giant twisting half loop bit is what people are getting most surprised at
>>
What's the story with Animal Kingdom's Avatar water dark ride? It's just a static environment with some screens and then one single animatronic blueskin at the very end. Did the project manager embezzle the budget or what? I know people always rag on nuDisney but I legit couldn't believe what the fuck I just sat through.

Also can anyone explain the phenomenon of why Avatar Flight of Passage always has a monstrous queue? It's a dime a dozen motion sim yet the ride is popular non stop. Does Disney really have like twenty thousand FIRST TIME guests EVERY SINGLE DAY who flock to the ride with no idea about how bland it's going to be? Also that Ratatouille ride is insanely bad too. I'm sure this is all tired well tread ground but during my recent Florida trip I got to experience nuDisney parks for the first time (with my only other trip being to Paris in the early 2000s). I had always heard about how lazy their new rides are but they were even worse than I expected.
>>
>>2662965
Unless it’s like Eyes Wide Shut then what’s the point?
>>
>>2664519
only a few youtubers and their followers know how far Disney has fallen. Most people either don't know or don't care
>>
>>2664519
I feel like the 11 year gap in new rides between Everest and Pandora is a factor. Which is why the Latin America thing replacing Dinoland instead of being a brand new build feels really foolish.
>>
>>2659738
i still think the "its a big world" ride is the worst one by far out of all the disney parks. you can quickly gauge if someone's taste in rides is shit based on if they like that ride.
>>
>>2664604
>you can quickly gauge if someone's taste in rides is shit based on if they like that ride.
You are correct, but for the wrong reason
>>
>>2664382
Layout is fantastic but yeah could use another 1k ft of track. That stall/loop hang time. Toward the end it looks like an LSM speed boost but nobody mentions LSMs? Plus it ends shortly after this. I think it’s funny how it’s only 1ft larger than big one
>>
>>2664758
40 seconds from the top of the lift to the brakes is disappointing.

>Toward the end it looks like an LSM speed boost
Those look like the same mag brakes in the main brakes
>>
File: 1469031492647.png (40 KB, 152x254)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>r/galacticstarcruiser going ballistic over Jenny's video

Disney adults have ruined vacationing in the USA.
>>
>>2662418
I had it with alcohol mixed in, pretty nice
>>
>>2662531
>The disney crowd are going to compare this barebones shit to Tiana and then draw perceptions that Epic Universe isn't a threat.
That's not gonna work because they've already shown what Epic Universe themed areas will look like
>>
>>2661637
>>2664919
What was really eye-opening for me was near the end when she went over how it would be a massive struggle to try and retool the place as a regular hotel.
Disney basically backed themselves into a corner once people stopped booking, they had no real option but to shut it down.
>>
File: i0idso9a8h2d1[1].jpg (1.28 MB, 3213x5712)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Disney Springs had their first showing of the new drone show last night and the crowd control afterwards was a disaster. People were stuck standing in place for half an hour and if you visited by car it took hours to get out.
>>
>>2664811
It’s disappointing for sure but Outlaw Run is one of my favorite coasters and from the top of the real drop until the brakes it’s 38 seconds
>>
>>2664971
is disney springs always that crowded? if so, i dont ever plan on going to it. i havent been to disney since around 2007
>>
>>2665000
It gets very busy, especially on weekends but I've never seen crowds like that
>>
>>2664971
>>2665000
>>2665012
Why is Disney Springs even so popular?
If that many people care about going to an outdoor shopping mall during their expensive vacation then why is brick and mortar retail dead throughout the country?
Also I don't think I can remember a time when CityWalk was busy with crowds at all. People just use it as a way to walk from one park to the other and to/from the parking garage.
I hate the energy at Disney Springs, especially the west end at night. Very retired boomer leisure-core. All the places in Florida that are like that are soulless and all the upper middle class wannabe rich asshole type people ruin anything that would give those places any redeeming qualities. Celebration and any place along the Gulf Coast especially have this gross faux-utopia normie social credit score vibe.
Recently went to a diner while I was in St. Pete and overheard the landlord boomer couple at the table next to us complain about their tenants having a bike in the yard for the entire time. Just angrily repeating the same shit about it over and over. They are all so miserable and unhappy, and they drain any potential for positive energy from anyone around them. I feel the same way when I go to Disney Springs just on a worse level, because you're throwing families with kids and non-whites into the mix. Place sucks.
>>
>>2665069
I used it as a place to kill time on flight days when I didn't have enough time to justify an additional park ticket on my trips a few years back, but it's definitely not worth taking a day out of your vacation for, especially with how crowded it is these days.
>>
>>2665069
You sound more annoying than those boomers you dislike
>>
>>2665069
Not all malls are dead. The malls in Orlando aren’t dead, for example. Disney Springs is a free Disney shopping, entertainment, and eating district. It’s easy to see why it gets crowded. And Citywalk gets crowded, I was there on a weekday in March and the parks had closed and there were people pouring in from the garage.
>>
File: Cedar.jpg (282 KB, 2552x1725)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>2659561
I just did a Cedar Point trip, thinking I would be able to get TT2... I went one time a few years ago, but this was the first time I had enough time to explore everything.
Here's how I rank the coasters there -

1. Steel Vengeance (TT2 would likely land in #1 or #2)
2. Millennium Force
3. Maverick (restraints kinda ruin it)
4. Gatekeeper
5. Valravn (very overrated though. line gets stupidly long...)
6. Gemini (quite a bit smoother than I expected)
7. Raptor
8. Rougarou (all the B&M's kinda feel the same)
9. Wild Mouse
10. Iron Dragon
11. Cedar Creek Mine Ride
12. Corkscrew (rough ride, but expected)
13. Blue Streak (way rougher than expected)
14. Magnum XL (most painful ride I've EVER been on. Can't believe it exists)

Overall, a pretty nice park, though it has a few downsides...
>hard to reach location. kinda expensive to fly in and rent a car if you don't live anywhere close.
>short operating season, meaning there are no slow parts of the season. I thought going in May would be quiet, but there are massive school trips basically every day...
>SV, Top Thrill, MF, and Maverick break down constantly, making the longest lines even longer
>no shade in half the park. gets very hot, and easy to sunburn
>>
>>2665170
Beltz is long gone (used to be a prime shopping location for Brits but I guess things becoming cheaper in the UK killed it), Artegon closed down and Pointe Orlando is on its last legs.
>>
>>2665222
Magnum depends on where you sit. I hated the “magic seat” (car 1 row 3). It’s a wheel seat which is more bumpy and gave me a really bad headache on the pretzel-shaped turnaround. The wheel seats suck because you feel the bumpiness and they have less leg room. Last time I went in the next to last row and thought it was a great ride.
>>
>>2665240
But Millenia and Florida Mall aren’t dead. The Orlando Premium Outlets aren’t dead. I’ve never even heard of those places you’re talking about except Beltz which died years before the mallpocalyspe began. The premium outlets killed off a lot of the smaller outlet malls near to it
>>
>>2665247
Point Orlando is in the middle of I-drive. Half the units are empty and it's a ghost town during the day.
>>
>>2665242
I got one of the first trains in the morning, sitting in the very front row, friends sitting in the very back.
Every airtime hill felt like getting hit in the thighs with a baseball bat. I dreaded each one that came up lol... I don't think the back row was any better.
Magnum is basically the polar opposite of Mako - the smoothest, comfiest hyper ever...
>>
>>2665250
I don’t recognize it. I’m sure I’ve driven past. Looks kinda like icon park. There is another place like that called sunset walk by the margaritaville resort off 192. Basically a ghost town too. It has a water park that never gets packed and is run by the successor company to premier parks (the company that killed six flags)
>>
>>2665271
Yeah it does that to many people and is why it’s so polarizing. I love the violent ejector hills on Magnum but I love the graceful sustained floater airtime hills on Mako way more
>>
>>2665271
>>2665280
Zoomer thoosies are just too soft
>>
>>2665271
Crank the seatbelt, and you won't be launched into the lap bar. I do that because my knees would also slam into the seat in front of me otherwise.
>>
File: Home Park vs Travel Park.jpg (435 KB, 1000x1498)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
I've come to hate travelling to theme parks... I end up blowing so much money to be exhausted for a half week visit.
Obviously we all wish every park could be our home parks, its no shock that locals get a big advantage, so I am just moving to Orlando this year...
>>
>>2665397
I honestly hate spending full days at parks. I usually only spend 2-3 hours at home parks on any given day.
Even when I travel, I will show up for rope drop, stick around for a few hours till around 1 PM when it gets hot and crowded, then go back to the room for a nap, and come back around 5-6 till close.

Mornings and evenings are great. much cooler, somehow less busy, and night lighting looks amazing in many parks.
>>
>>2665397
skill issue (or you're fat lol)
>>
>>2661930
Thanks!!
>>
>>2661794
I'm not trying to be /pol/ but it sucks that if you're white and poor, no matter how polite and redneck, the only places you can afford are going to be jam packed with loud and rude Hispanics Asians and blacks.
>>
>>2661897
I like it
>>
>>2662425
It's been getting pretty bad to live in Central FL because of the heat. It should not affect you if you can just buy iced water ect because everything is air conditioned and lots of pools. I do think they should have more peaceful sit spots in shade
>>
>>2663887
I'm worried about it being loud and crowded. How does it compare to FL parks
>>
>>2664111
Yes it's the combo of rollercoasters and heat and age and health
>>
>>2664361
Mako is such a smooth rollercoaster
>>
>>2664519
I haven't ridden it and I don't like avatar but I've heard it's a great ride
>>
>>2664971
Where are all the black ppl
>>
>>2665000
Last time I went it was miserably crowded
>>
>>2665069
Disney Springs when not overcrowded is pretty fun. Good food, good shopping, lots of fun theming, fun to walk.
Dinosaur restraint
Lego play place
Wonder of Disney
Crystal Disney
Art of Disney
Splash pad ect

All fun.
>>
>>2665069
Rainforest Cafe
https://youtu.be/t_dW42xTpPE?si=CRJqJFD_ggH9_A-v
>>
>>2665151
Exactly. Anytime you see old white people you know the vibe is comfy clean quiet and service is gonna be good
>>
>>2665222
Those blue things in the lot look kind of tacky...should have designed it more fluid. That said I wish I went there in my teens. I'm getting too old for coasters.
>>
File: hard rock cafe.jpg (318 KB, 1536x1152)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>2665455
I had never eaten at a gimmick restaurant like this before, but we ate at Hard Rock last year, and the food was okay, and expensive even by Orlando standards, but you know what? I loved it. I was completely taken in by the vibe and the memorabilia. I plan to eat there again.
>>
>>2665250
Looks peaceful af if the businesses are actually open and doing their jobs
>>
>>2665458
It has this 80s feel to it, the promise of AMERICA ...lots of Stallone and Swatrzneggar memorabilia...and 60s rock stars ect...the food is good too ...big thick burgers, big milkshakes...its a great time
>>
>>2665458
The best place ever is gone which was DisneyQuest. They had a cheesecake shop inside and it had all this cool arcade stuff on multiple levels. Overpriced though.
>>
>>2659561
Thomas Kincaid art
https://youtu.be/uiY8IAcjpkg?si=AuuP5ELCeFCyCvtw
>>
>>2659561
https://youtu.be/SO_-PxsQ8pM?si=fyNeV_gYqV0OqJwi

https://youtu.be/lfaN937-pcs?si=eLcgj7q3PA5AilB7
>>
>>2665440
Wasn't crowded at all when I went (a Thursday), but I have heard it can get crowded. The lines were caused more by the operations than any amount of visitors. The main thing to consider, and what almost screwed me out of going, is that the best transportation to the park is shared by every person going to the Fuji area, so you really need to book ahead of you can
>>
I'm a californiafag and although we've got parks, is it worth traveling to Florida just for parks?
>>
>>2665443
Flights of Passage is a great ride. Sure it's "just a simulator" but it's immersive as fuck with a great range of movement. Only annoyance is boring pre-show.

I think people compare it to Forbidden Journey which has the advantage of the robot arms tech and being a good blend of physical and screens but that feels a bit apple vs oranges to me.

>>2665458
The classic Hard Rock locations are amazing. Their two big issues are that they made too many locations that are a lot more halfarsed (just a regular restaurant with some framed memorabilia) and that the food no longer wows you due to them scrimping on portion sizes and artisan burger places being a lot more common. Rainforest Cafe do a lot better on ensuring they're all fully immersive and having more memorable food (went to the AK one last holiday).

Chocolate Emporium was a bit disappointing, milkshake was ok but I've had better but my food was pretty mediocre (could have just picked a bad dish mind, everyone else at the table really liked their orders). Margaritaville was a lot better than I was expecting, chill atmosphere and the cajun pasta I had was incredibly nice. Cowfish is also under-rated I think it gets overlooked because of how many "don't like fish" so don't bother looking at the menu and it being slightly hidden away.
>>
>>2665444
All the times I’ve been there recently, I haven’t noticed very many. Back when it was downtown Disney they had a black loitering problem and got in trouble for racial profiling because they were kicking out blacks who were thugged out and the blacks whined and said it was their culture. But you don’t really see it much anymore. They got a lot more security and police and dogs now too.
>>
>>2665451
Just gotta avoid it Fri-Sun and try to go during the day if you can.
>>
>>2665069
You sound like a truly miserable and pathetic loser. I almost feel bad for you.
>>
>>2665598
if you are a big fan of Disney / Universal / Seaworld, then probably.
California basically has the trial versions, Florida has the full versions.
>>
File: 1713041463519857.png (1.87 MB, 1200x900)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
What are the best european theme parks to check out?
Ideally somewhere that has a warm climate in October like Spain.
>>
>>2665787
Port Aventura is the obvious one if you're after somewhere that'll be warm.

There's also Terramitica but that's suffered from a decade of being in the financial shit and Benidorm in general is an acquired taste if you aren't British
>>
>>2661458
i really dont get all the retarded theming shit they think they need for each ride. you think i care to listen to the velocicoaster video with that attractive lady for a 5th time in a row while in line for the ride? you think i care about the jurassic world themed stuff on the way to the ride? hell no. i care about getting to the ride, and a big plus is air conditioning. i hate parks listening to disney adults
>>
>>2665797
ok, what about Europe theme parks in general?
>>
>>2665802
Disneyland Paris and Parc Asterix in France
Efteling in Netherlands
Europa Park in Germany
Gardaland in Italy
Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Blackpool Pleasure Beach in UK
>>
>>2665802
Definitely Efteling, Phantasialand and Europa Park, but I'd also throw my hat in the ring for Parc Asterix, it's very underrated and I'd say worth a visit more than Disneyland. In October you'll probably be stuck with shit weather tho, but it's worth it to avoid the summer crowds
>>
>>2665808
Is Futuroscope interesting enough?
>>
>>2665808
Would you recommend Puy du Fou?
>>
>>2665799
Theming is one of the biggest reasons why Disney and Universal are the most popular parks in the world, simple as.
>>
>>2665600
I agree with all that.
>>
>>2665717
I've noticed that Disney places never have black people...do they boycott it? I know Disney waited forever before having a black princess...
>>
>>2659561
The thing that bugs me about destroying an amazing ride like Splash Mountain for Tiana is that I like Tiana too.
>>
>>2665845
>fucked up and didn't have Shadow Man on the big drop with his loa crying "ARE YOU READY" as you ascend the final hill with friends on the other side blaring
Why is Disney so retarded?
>>
just came back from Carowinds. surprisingly everything except Nighthawk had short lines. the fast lane pass felt unnecessary but with it i got everything done + Fury an extra 3 times within 5 hours. i would've done more rides on Fury but I was already tired

>mfw catching a red-eye flight to Chicago to do SFGAm next weekend
>>
>>2665882
Remember to ride Raging Bull in the back row.
>>
>>2665819
It's an interesting park but it's more a park for kids (only one rollercoaster, very few thrill rides).

>>2665827
Not a ride theme park, lots of shows.

Parc Asterix and DLP are pretty much the only what I'd call "full" parks in France.
>>
>>2665876
A black light lift hill with singing voodoo masks and just before the drop Doctor Facilier goes from his usual outfit to a neon voodoo outfit via lighting effects and sings "I hope you're satisfied" just as you drop.

Such an obvious thing to do, why would you not do it?

Instead it's the story of how the ethically minded Tiana formed a people's co-operative to find sustainably sourced ingredients for her community. I guess she just forgot to mention how that was her dream in the movie.
>>
What is Tivoli Gardens like?

I know it's not big but it does have the world's shortest B&M and I think one other coaster, but it looks fine for what it is.
>>
File: Tokyo Disney.jpg (1.43 MB, 3024x3024)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
An hour and a half before park opening on a rainy weekday. These Japanese are crazy.
>>
>>2661235
same thing happened with steel vengeance
that thing was blowing wheels like fucking crazy the first few months, it's why it took them so long to get to 3 trains that first year
>>
>>2665922
People say that they're quiet but others say they're loud. Nothing worse than females speaking loudly in a foreign language...
>>
>>2661311
My dream is to go to DisneySea at least once. Maybe one day bros
>>2661615
>Phantasialand, Europa and Efteling
How are these ones?
>>
>>2665731
I can see that's the case for Disney, but Universal too?
>>
>>2665943
Universal Hollywood doesn't have Diagon Alley, for example, and it demolished its E.T. Experience. OTOH, Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge is where they test experimental features like bipedal droids and Book of Boba Fett and Ahsoka walkaround characters. Florida doesn't have those.
>>
>>2664919
>going ballistic
qrd?
>>2665397
>so I am just moving to Orlando this year
Ameribros, is it really that easy?
>>
>>2665943
Universal FL has Velocicoaster, Hagrids, Hulk, Rockit, diagon alley, gringots, and a bunch of unique dark rides that Hollywood doesnt. Some of those are S tier rides.

>>2665968
>is it really that easy?
legally, sure. but I have been saving money for this for a while, and am ready to say goodbye to all my friends and family to move 2300 miles away.
>>
Honest question, is there such thing as "too many rollercoasters/thrill rides"? I'm asking because I plan to go to a six flags 3 days in a row.
>>
>>2666046
You can definitely get worn out, especially if you fall behind on sleep and food, you start getting headaches, and greyout / blackout on them more. By the end of the week, I have a hard time riding anything on long trips...
>>
>>2665930
Americans are also loud as fuck
>>
>>2665934
>Efteling
Very biased here since it's the theme park I've been going to since childhood, but it's a fantastic park. Just be aware that while there are some really fun coasters they're nothing exceptional by international standards I guess, this is by and large a family park with lots of highly themed dark rides (and in my opinion the best themed spinning teacups I've ever seen). So if you're into dark rides and high quality theming it's a must-do at least once. These ones rival even Disney at their best. It's best experienced if you don't go too hard on hitting all the rides and take your time, taking in the sights and walking through the fairytale forest for example. Good shit. Right now it's in rough shape tho as there is tons of construction happening, so wait a year or two before coming.
>>
File: 1713263008482474.png (713 KB, 578x760)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
Is Siam Park truly "the best water park in the world"?
My parents are considering a trip to Tenerife in October.
>>
>>2666022
>Rockit
Rockit is pretty shit though, I wouldn't even mention it. That's like saying "Universal Florida has bathrooms where people take shits"
>>
>>2665000
It's never been unbearably crowded for me.

>>2665069
the lego store and disney shops alone are worth going to for most people.
>>
>>2664111
Same thing happened to me this past weekend but with the one in Tampa. I'm 30 years old, moderately active and fit, and used to be able to ride roller coasters again and again without feeling ANYTHING when I was 14-18.

Ironic, because I insisted we all get quick queue passes. In retrospect, waiting in line might have helped me regain my energy between rides.

Blog dump starts here:

Started the day off with Cheetah Hunt which made me feel like I had just spun around in circles for a few minutes. Like, not completely debilitating, but not great. Wish we could have warmed up with something more chill.

Then we rode Montu which absolutely put me on my ass for 30 minutes. Almost fainted on the ride and could barely lift my feet to walk after I got off. Was basically mute for the rest of the day which pissed off my gf and her friends, lol. Used to ride this thing 3 times in a row in my teens no problem.

Hour goes by, we ride Sheikra, almost faint again but get through it. Gf faints on the ride, lol. A couple more hours goes by, we ride Iron Gwazi. Shit was amazingly short so it wasn't that bad, but my younger self would have loved that ride, dammit.

Aging feels bad man. My friends were drinking and eating shit food the whole day but they also took xanax so I guess that's like a cheat code.
>>
>>2666277
Get gud. I'm in my 40s and coasters don't have that effect on me at all. Are you sure you meant Cheetah Hunt and not Cobra's Curse? Cheetah Hunt has no spinning
>>
>>2666277
I know what you mean. at age 29, I get that headache when I get hit with lots of G forces especially. It's the same head pain I get from jumping on a trampoline.

Wondering how to build more tolerance to it
>>
>>2666399
>Wondering how to build more tolerance to it
Go to a park regularly and ride a few things a week if you can
>>
>>2664111
go when it's colder.
>>
>>2666277
>>2664111
I'm 29, went to Busch Gardens Tampa for the first time the other week. Didn't bother with fast pass, every ride was basically a walk on except for Iron Gwazi and the spinning one. When I came off Montu I had done every coaster in the park except for Cheetah and the spinning one, this was where I started feeling uneasy, not necessarily a headache but I could feel something was wrong. I went on the spinning one immediately after, my (older) brother and father sat this next coaster out, so I think they were even more fatigued than I was at this point. The spinning coaster had a forty minute queue so I think I had time to recover, got on Cheetah fine and got a re-ride in on Gwazi and SheiKra, but I felt bad again after that and we called it a day.

I only eat one meal a day and my one meal for that day would've been after we had gone back to hotel in the evening, so whatever affect intermittent fasting could have on my endurance is something to consider.
>>
Managed to get into Fantasy Springs for soft opening but could only do the new Peter Pan ride since passes for everything were booked up right away (it's insane how many locals are willing to buy full day tickets just for a chance to enter the new land rather than just waiting for it to open). Pretty good ride. Basically a Disney version of Spider-Man, but obviously less thrilling. The land itself is very well done. The Pan and Frozen sections are excellent, and the outer edges with the fantasy rockwork characters are likewise impressive. The Tangled section was the weakest, just feeling like an in-between of the other two aside from Rapunzel's tower.
>>
>>2659935
Magnum is above all 3, by far the best coaster at CP.
>>
>>2661064
>just quick life advice if you call people names at a bar you might get stabbed pretty fast with that tone.

navysealcopypasta
>>
>>2666488
Why is Busch Gardens so expensive?
>>
>>2666632
How much movement was in the ride vehicle? Like, was it mostly moving from screen to screen or was there significant tilting and other motion simulatory stuff?
>>
>>2666904
There's enough tilting and movement that you feel it, but it's definitely toned down compared to Spider-Man and Transformers so younger kids and wimps can ride. It's not just a static vehicle like Rise or Ratatouille.
>>
>>2666906
Are they actually trackless? If they are I'm impressed as it seems they've learnt all the lessons from Ratatouille (vibration and shifting to the sides isn't good enough, seeing the floor is a complete immersion breaker)
>>
>>2666923
I'll be honest, I didn't think to check if there was track or not. Doesn't feel like a trackless, and if it is, it behaves much more like a traditional dark ride. I wasn't distracted by the floor or anything to the sides during my ride since the car is designed to minimize views anywhere other than dead ahead, but there was one scene where the ceiling seemed a bit low.
>>
>>2666830
It’s not. You can get a fun card right now for $80. That’s cheaper than 1 day’s admission most days.
>>
is it worth going back to Epcott just to see the world showcase?
last year which was the first time i went, i got filtered on that Mission Mars ride
>>
>>2665397
try extended stay hotels. they have fridges, ovens and microwaves. something simple like hyatt house or staybridge suites will work. they typically have a studio setup or 1 bedroom suites. i was surprised that they didn't cost much more than a regular room somewhere else.
>>
>>2667056
Mission to Mars gets a lot of people, it's sustained Gs and if people freak out, they make it worse by closing their eyes or moving their head (at which point their body realises they're actually spinning really fast and things get much worse). M2M and Cosmic Rewind are the only rides in the park that have anything approaching intensity, everything else is very tame (including Test Track, despite the fast section outside fooling people into thinking it's a white knuckle ride)

Cosmic Rewind is very fast but is incredibly smooth with no actual drops, just big helixes and swoops so you never lose your stomach. You get sensations you pretty much don't get on any other ride but they're fun more than intense. I've not seen anyone come off of the ride hating it or kids crying. It's probably the most consistently fast family coaster in the world but I'd put it about the same level of intensity as Crush's coaster (minus that coaster's first big drop) and less intense than Expedition Everest.
>>
>>2667148
>Mission to Mars
Mission: SPACE

Cosmic Rewind is more intense than Everest. I don't have the Ride Forces graph handy but it has higher positives and lower negatives all over compared to Everest and even Rock n Roller Coaster. It's probably the spinning and flushing toilet bowl helices, plus it starts with a backwards 0-50mph launch. I wasn't looking for people who were shaken up by it but I'm sure they're there since a lot of Disney parks super fans have a hard time handling anything more intense than It's a Small World.
>>
File: xoiizswn1z081.jpg (264 KB, 1558x1146)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>2667195
There's nothing in Cosmic Rewind that is as forceful as the backwards helix in Everest and it doesn't have any full drops whereas Everest has a big drop that you take at speed.

Found some amateur force graphs and whilst Cosmic Rewind is constantly throwing you around, it doesn't peak as much as EE.
>>
>>2667220
Backwards helix is between pause #1 and pause #2 and CR gets close to that multiple times. The 3.3g spike is the "drop". There are a lot more overall forces going on with CR compared to EE, that makes it more intense not because EE peaks higher for a brief moment once. It says so on the screenshots, 8 moments under .5g compared to 4 and 12 over 2g compared with 4. CR also has a higher height requirement than EE with similar restraints (CR's are more robust).
>>
DisneySea was fucking amazing. Easily mogs every other park I've been to in terms of theming. When it comes to rides, I'd still give the edge to IoA since I prefer more thrilling rides, but for a family, the line-up is very well balanced between thrills and family rides.
>>
>90% chance of rain in Chicago this weekend
>already preordered the fast pass
welp
>>
>>2667333
is not speaking Jap language a significant barrier to enjoying some of the rides?
>>
>>2667484
Don't know how common they are these days, but they had little story pamphlets for English speakers of a lot of the big rides.
>>
>>2660887
THEN NEXT TIME you slimy jew

build a podrace track similar to the Boonta Eve Classic
build a FUCKING SANDCRAWLER
place some MOISTURE EVAPORATORS
JUNK VENDORS who have useful wares for the consumer and most pathetic ARG troglodyte
make a jabbas palace sort of place - multilayered - multithemed from the cells to the party hall
RACE FROM BEGGARS CANYON TO TOSHI STATION

I FUCKING HATE YOU
SO WHAT IF TATOOINE IS A DESERT
LOS ANGELES IS A FUCKING DESERT TOO
JUST PUT SOME INTERESTING SHIT THAT ISN'T HALF-ASSED AND SHALLOW YOU STUPID LIZARD-NIGGER MUTT
>>
>>2661145
you prob smell like a hasidic and bathe like a indian in sacred filth

please go back to rolling dung with your hands - we are having actual discussion on travel and culture
>>
>>2667521
Go back to playing your video games you pathetic childless old virgin incel. And your dreidel too
>>
>>2667484
you can get the gist of what's going on. it's more about the experience than the specific story though.

someone also uploaded some TDS rides with subtitles to youtube
>>
>>2667484
Not really. Like the other guy said, the stories are usually simple enough that you can get the gist of it. If you want the full details, you can just look it up online afterwards
>>
>>2667484
I quite like the way paris does it (you can see it in ratatouille epcot where they kept the same audio) . Two characters talking in different languages but the questions are self answering and answers imply the question

>"doesn't this seem dangerous?"
>"don't worry I'm sure it's not too dangerous"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.