[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1597972424309.jpg (11 KB, 243x255)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Haven't been back to Germany in 12 years and looking to make the most of my two weeks there, planning to hit a bunch of different cities. General plan: Spend early morning driving to new place while everyone is closed, sightsee, sleep in new place, repeat.
>Friday - Landing in Frankfurt, driving to Köln
>Saturday - Aachen
>Sunday - Düsseldorf
>Monday - Bremen
>Tuesday - Hamburg
>Wednesday - Leipzig
>Thursday - Dresden
>Friday - Würtzburg
>Saturday, Sunday - Darmstadt to Stuttgart
>Monday to Sunday - München and surrounding towns like Innsbruck, Salzburg, and Regensburg.
How feasible is this, and are there any attractions in the general areas that are definite spots to visit? I have a few lined up already, but like I said, I haven't been back in over a decade, and that trip was mostly spent in the same region since I was a minor.
>>
File: tenor.gif (3.21 MB, 480x350)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB GIF
>>2663778
Going to Dresden on Ash Wednesday, how do I enquire about the Reichstag fires in such a place?
>>
File: 1703324337719139.png (891 KB, 1593x805)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>visiting the German coal belt for any reason

This is genuinely retarded. The Northwest is arguably the worst place to visit and you're spending your 1/3 vacation there, THEN DRIVING DOWN SOUTH.

>Frankfurt and the surrounding area
Hanau, Wiesbaden, Aschaffenburg, Mainz
>Mannheim and the surrounding area
Heidelberg, Weinheim, Schwetzingen
>Würzburg, Bamberg, Nürnberg
>München, Regensburg

Then if you have time do Dresden and Berlin. One more piece of advice, buy the Deutschland Ticket from MyVRN's app, despite driving, you'd still want to be using city transport and the Frankfurt and Mannheim surrounding areas are just as easily reached by free (with the purchase of a DT) and fast local transport.
>>
Fuck u wanna visit Bremen ? There’s nothing there.
>>
File: IMG_20240530_205431.jpg (256 KB, 900x1600)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>2665670
OP here. Bremen was cool. Visited Schnoor and the areas nearby. Got a nightcap (or three) at your typisch passive aggressive bar and enjoyed watched Düsseldorf getting absolutely stomped by Bochum.
By comparison, Hamburg sucked. Loads of nice architecture, but the place was crawling with vagrants and migrants and everyone else had a snoody air about them. Shitloads of international reataurants, but I didn't travel to Germany for some fucking dim sum that I can get, back in the US. And getting echtes Hamburg cuisine was an arm and leg. Eventually compromised with some very good döner.
>>
File: 1629925340530.png (356 KB, 1200x1423)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>2663778
You need more rein/mossel river valley. Go to cochem castle and Burg Eltz. I lived in Germany for 4 years and alot of those places aren't particularly great

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.