[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7314.jpg (190 KB, 936x874)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Mountaineer here looking to expand horizions
North Korea has some of the most stunning untouched landscapes in the world due to its lack of rural industrialisation
I really wanna camp and climb on some mountains there, just to see it!

From my current research, it seems that getting into NK isn't very hard. You just pay a load of cash, not be a journo, and odds are they let you in. Quite ironic that the biggest entry barrier is a wad of money. But once you're in they put you on a very 'on-rails' tour, some of them include taking you up Mt Paektu, but that's way too hand-holdy for me. I'd like to walk up it, not get ferried up!

I can't find anything online about going up the mountains (apart from Paektu) worst case scenario I will probably just get one of these tours where they take you up, but would really like to do something off the wall, anyone got any stories or advice?
I'm gonna send the embassay a letter and try inquire for more information, maybe see if I can join forces with some local climbing team (if they have any)
>>
>>2672077
Send an email to Kimmy-kun
>>
>>2674416
This but unironically.
Straight-up, Anon, you know you're not supposed to go to North Korea and you know why. Your best-really, your ONLY-bet would be to get an invite from Kim personally. You'd need a reason for him to take an interest in your mountaineering trip. It's not like you could just march in and go sightseeing. If you want to see it that badly, you'll unironically have to ask KJU. That's not even a joke.
>>
>>2674461
Good point
>>
>>2672077
You can hike in from the Chinese side - the Changbaishan national park crosses the border and there's no physical barrier stopping you from walking in. If either side sees you you're dead meat though.

There was an Australian documentarian who got permission from the NK government recently to do a doco there because she told them she was interested in painting them in a good light. They seem open to flattery. Maybe if you told them you were going to make a vlog about it lol.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.