[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: stereotype.png (6 KB, 533x485)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
So, my wife reaaaaally wanted to see the olympics and now we have booked a 5 day trip to France in late July.

I am a native from Tacoland so I`ve become immune to pickpockets and scams, but I would like some tips on certain do's and dont`s so I dont get outright robbed with outrageous prices, get my food spat on, or shanked by Ibrahim because I stepped into the wrong neighbourhood.

We'll be staying by the Accor Arena and will do the usual touristy stuff (Eiffel, Louvre, Versalles, etc)

Yes, I know you guys are full and hate my guts for taking up even more space in your city and transport but would like some tips.
P.S My French is non-existent, but I`m fluent in Spanish and English.
>>
>>2676710
Avoid blacks and browns and you'll be alright.
>>
>>2676710
>my wife
Stopped reading here fuck off faggot
>>
>>2676710
cute pics of ur wife?
>>
Everything is gonna cost way more, shits going to be crowded, its not going to be a relaxing time, everyones gonna be hot and everyone is going to be more easy to agitate. Basically you have to accept there will be massive crowds and don't lose your cool over some israeli rat or chinese trying to jump a queue
>>
>>2676861
>cute pics of ur wife?
This. Gonna need pics of wife's feet to be able to answer with any accuracy
>>
>>2676710
the quai de seine will be fun.
>>
>>2676710
These Olympics will be a disaster, there's a big chances of terrorism (false flag to go towar agaisnt Russia or not), a big chance of strikes and a big chance of political instability.
No actual french will go near Paris that month.
>>
>>2676968
I will.
>>
There was a football match involving England a few months ago in Paris. It was a disaster because the lovely and diverse minority started to strengthen society with their culture. French ministry of internal affairs (most important one) accused the English supporters of stirring trouble. With the elections coming up, the retirement crisis, etc. things may go south very easily.
>>
>>2676970
Good, that won't be a big loss.
>>
What a retarded idea. The city is already flooded with cops walking around with rifles, you think they would do that if they didnt think theres gonna be trouble?
>>
>>2676710
>outright robbed with outrageous prices
You're going during the Olympics so it's going to be more expensive.
I would suggest looking up restaurants on google maps in advance, booking activites online beforehand whenever possible and avoid restaurants that are near landmarks with in-your-face "oui oui hon hon" vibes, those are just trying to get tourist attention.

>get my food spat on
Just say the magic words "bonjour" s'il-vous-plait" "merci" "au revoir" during your interactions with service people.

>shanked by Ibrahim because I stepped into the wrong neighbourhood
Just stay in Paris proper and don't venture outside the highway circling the city. The shiftiest place inside Paris proper that you might find yourself in are Strasbourg Saint-Denis, Stalingrad the general north of Paris near the highway and the various train stations. You don't really have a reason to go there anyway.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.