[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File deleted.
>>
>>2676986
6-10 weeks before
>>
>>2676986
Day before. best deals
>>
>>2676986
It is hard to say, sometimes there are good promotional offers a like half of a year before, sometimes a week before.
For example right now to go from central europe to tokyo and back is from 900 to 1200 euros (economy), last year I spotted an air france deal 5 months before the flight for 500.

In a few weeks I am going to malaysia for 800, I booked it 3 months ago, right now the same ticket is 1100
>>
>>2676988
This. Just go to the airport, probably best with a sleeping bag just in case, and ask around the ticket booths. Play them off against each other and eventually you'll get dirt cheap rates when they see you know the score.
Even $10 is worth more than $0 to an airline. Especially if you give off vibes that you like a drink or 2 (and will spend on the plane).

I've even had luck going up to checkin and requesting a last minute name change on a passenger who isn't probably going to turn up, and just paying the admin fee.
>>
>>2676986
>how long in advance should I buy plane tickets for the cheapest price?
There is no firm answer, last minute deals on like AMEX might be best, or advance booking both.
1.Just subscribe to a price watch for the location you wish to visit x3.
2.Get to know what is a good price vs high for plan A, B, C location ideas.
3.Be ready to buy when it hits a "good" fare.

If a good fare is never less than $700, ugh, then be flexible to do a package deal where someone has blocked off seats for their hotel or tour or consider a cruise, or something you weren't thinking to do for Plan A.

There are high season prices for traveling when kiddos are out of school, too. Deals will be in Sept.
>>
>>2676988

This.
>>
>>2677001
but wouldn't buying a September ticket not matter when you buy it since the ticket is in September anyway
>>
>>2676995
Someone needs to make a YouTube of this
>>
Are there any websites that are better for prices/deals? I typically use kayak or expedia when I look for domestic flights but I want to know if I should be going somewhere else for international

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.