[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

MOLDOVA

the least visited country in Europe, thats quite something, fills me with curiosity. There must be something interesting there to see.

What are you experiences? (discussion in other lesser traveled places welcome)
>>
>>2677042
>>2677042
>There must be something interesting there to see
Transnistria. Also the overnight Soviet train from Bucharest to Chisinau is a real experience.
>>
>>2677042
Chisinau is a shithole but was interesting in some ways. They have a bunch of cutie Ukrainian girls there.
Like >>2677087 said, Pridnestrovia is amazing (they don't say Transnistria as that evokes memories of a bad past). Actually I was swept away by its beauty. Gorgeous women. Kind people. Good wine. I spent all my days just walking around a lot. Super comfy
>>
>>2677087
Isn't Transnistria just an enclave?
>>
>>2677101
Another recommendation, there must be something about it then. How easy is it to get to Transnistria from Chisinau?
>>
>>2677103
>Isn't Transnistria just an enclave?
An enclave of which country?
>>2677104
>How easy is it to get to Transnistria from Chisinau?
There's minibuses between them like ever half hour, just go to the bus station area and pay a dollar to get on. Getting back is a little more disorganized. Remember your passport, they take their real country with a real border larp seriously. Also bring cash and download the offline map for Tiraspol before you go, my Moldovan SIM didn't work there
>>
>>2677113
Why are you trying to make a fool of me? You probably know the whole history of the Country. It's Russia I think.

I'm surprised you can just get a bus there now I want to go, I just read it's not safe now though, also their cash points don't take foreign cards, that's weird.
>>
>>2677042
As was said already, Transnistria. But also good wineries to visit for a tour. Cheap wine for the quality
>>
>>2677119
It's been mention yes but no specific details of why it's beautiful. Not too interested in Wine, but open to most things
>>
>>2677087
There is also a new train (well, old, but recently restarted after many years) between Chisinau and Kyiv. So, if you like relic trains, you could Bucharest -> Chisinau, explore chisinau/transnistria/balti, then Chisinau -> Kyiv

>Chisinau
Case study in eastern euro corruption, but it's gotten much better. Lots of soviet architecture, along with some more recent globohomo glass buildings. Definitely worth a full day or two checking out the main road

>Balti
It's.. rough.. but in a "there's not much to do here" kind of way. No crime or anything, it's just a city full of people trying to get by. Has received significantly less development than Chisinau, and lots of relics from soviet times. There's an old soviet market, with a number of squares where old ladies sell their random goods. A couple small eastern european style malls.

>Transnistria/Pridnestrovia
Can take a bus or rental car or guided tour there. Costs like $5-10 for a day, or $15 or a week or something. The towns of Tiraspol and Bender are most interesting, and probably what other commenters are referring to. Dubasari also has enough to do for a few hours. The only real risk is getting a ticket by Tiraspol or Bender traffic police. They only take cash, but will ask for a euro amount (generally 20-40 euros). Outside of these three cities, it's rural and farmland, and a relic by even Moldova standards. Perhaps the most interesting experience is seeing a movie in the cinema in Tiraspol if you have time, recommended.

>Wineries
Interesting in that they're fairly unique relative to what you'd find in southern europe or south america. The quality is very mediocre, but it is quite cheap, so if you have time.

>>2677139
Also not sure what they mean by >beautiful . Rural Transniistria is just farm land with dirt roads, and the cities are relics of the past (albeit interesting for the larp).
>>
>>2677042
I thought the least visited county in EU was a Baltic one
>>
>>2677101
>Gorgeous women
Very interesting. Zero English?
>>
>>2677101
>Pridnestrovia is amazing (they don't say Transnistria)
literally the same name, Slavic IQ
>>
>>2677699
Now this is an the exemplary post you want to get when you ask for advice on a country. I'll screenshot this.

Just 3 things though. What do you mean by rural Dubasari being a relic? Please explain why you enjoyed your cinema experience especially, and is there anything interesting to buy on the street I can't find elsewhere?
>>
>>2677042
Met the town rapist, that was cool
They just drink shitty wine all day
>>
>>2677963
Town rapist?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.