[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: frenchie.jpg (39 KB, 600x600)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
I'm looking into a solo trip for this December. Plane tickets are around $600, price for the studio apartments seem to be $1300-1700 depending on where they're located.

These are my questions:
>How much should I expect to pay for food?
Like how much for a meal at a regular restaurant? How much for a meal at an expensive restaurant? What about budget options, etc.
I'm cool with cooking but most rentals I'm looking at have a very limited kitchen. I typically eat around 2000 calories a day. One meal + snacks or some bakery items should do it for me. I do want to eat at a nice restaurant one or two times while I'm there.
>How much for transportation?
I'm planning on walking for the most part, but I guess it depends if there are some things further out that are worth seeing.
>Tourist attractions
What museums and sites should I visit? How much can I expect to pay for everything?
>Unexpected costs?
Anything that might blindside someone who hasn't travelled internationally alone before?

Any other advice is appreciated
>>
>>2677059
Don't go there, stay safe.
>>
>>2677059
https://www.priceoftravel.com/paris-price-guide
>>
>>2677059
>Like how much for a meal at a regular restaurant?
During weekdays a lot of restaurants have menus to attract working people. Those are usually between 15 and 25€ at average to good restaurants. Bakeries also have this sort of things with sandwichs or salads + pastries for around 10€. Dinning out or going during the weekends will be more expensive..

>How much for a meal at an expensive restaurant?
That depends what you consider good. You can get very good stuff for 35€ euros in the weekday menus, you can go to a michelin star restaurant for 100€+, 200€+.. as in most big cities sky's the limit.

>How much for transportation?
One month of unlimited metro+bus+local trains access is around 85€, one-use tickets are around 2,15€. That'll depends on how much you like walking.

>What museums and sites should I visit?
The "must-dos": Catacombes, Sainte-Chapelle, Musée d'Orsay, Le Louvre.

Lots of other churches most people dont visit like Saint-Roch, Saint-Eustaches, Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois, Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis, Notre-Dame-du-Travail, Saint-Roch, Saint-Séverin, Saint-Eugène Sainte-Cécile, Saint-Alexandre-Nevsky..
Other museums like Pompidou, l'Orangerie, Jacquemart André, Palais de Tokyo, Musée de l'armée..

I also love to take long walk in the city. Go to Notre-Dame, walk along the Seine to the Grand Palais and stop on your way for an ice cream at Berthillon, go to Lamarck-Caumartin and climb to Montmartre from there, stop at a random bar in Saint-Georges, go to Pigalle at night and enter a random sex shop, go the the Quai Saint-Bernard on a friday or saturday night, go to the Invalides and walk to Le Bon Marché to see where the rich do their groceries, walk in bois de Vincennes, visit the Cimetière du père Lachaise, or just walk at random in single digits arrondissement and look up at random buildings with a nice architecture
>>
>>2677059
>>Tourist attractions
>What museums and sites should I visit? How much can I expect to pay for everything?

You should visit La Fistinière, it's a little place but it packs a punch.
>>
>>2677059
>studio apartments seem to be $1300-1700 depending on where they're located
Those are assuming you rent them out for a minimum of a year, unless you get month to month then it's closer to 4-6 months. Odds are you'll likely need to spend closer to $3k depending on if you stay at a single room in a hostel or the dirtiest cheapest place you can find which, in my opinion, won't be fun for you.
>Anything that might blindside someone who hasn't travelled internationally alone before?
Assuming you stay in a shit part of the city, getting robbed by nafris or gypsies.
Like it's fine if you wanna solo for a month but I'd suggest spend no more than 1.5 weeks in Paris. It gets boring very fast.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (35 KB, 460x489)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2677059
Probably $100 burgerbucks a month

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.