[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6886.jpg (202 KB, 1318x869)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Been working full time for a while now with the option to work remote and have been eyeing Palau and Guam for a couple of years. Houses seem cheap down there, Money for Groceries aren't a problem for me what exactly are the downsides? try to talk me out of it /trv/
>>
on paper and at a distance, it seems like an off-brand, poor man's, worse weather version of moving to hawaii, philippines, or japan
>>
I looked into these places during covid because you can essentially just move there no questions asked as an American, but that's about all they really have going for them. If you really like diving and hiking it could be fine for a while, but there's not much else going on and the places seemed generally expensive but ghetto and most people want to leave.
>>
>>2677522
You'd essentially be living the life of a monk. You'll only have the locals for company, do you think you can bear that? I don't even mean it in a racist way, just that you are essentially moving to another planet - culturally speaking.

You won't have access to the same groceries you have at home, which might be fine, but when things go out of stock they stay out of stock for a long time. Likewise, when things go wrong - natural disasters, riots etc. - things stay broken for a long time.

If you are OK with those things, go for it. But you're essentially condemning yourself to a life of total solitude. Albeit, in a beautiful location.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.