[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

American here, didn't know the French routinely shake down drivers with speeding cameras for driving a normal and safe speed and in a normal and safe manner, ended up with three speeding tickets.

What happens when I go back if I don't pay?
>>
With your own car that you have brought back?
nothing
With a car of a friend who lives in France?
they'll get the tickets
With a car of a friend who lives somewhere else in Europe?
50/50 depending on the country
With a rental car?
your credit card will be charged + tip
>>
>>2680675
Rental agency will get the ticket, often charging you X fee for speed related fine.
>>
>>2680675
First of all yes the French state is in A LOT of debt and (automated) speeding tickets have been a good steady source of income to pay the debt. It is very common to find automated speed cameras hidden at the bottom of a hill right when the speed limit changes from 90 to 50kmh, like 5m after the sign boom.

Anyways, no, customs wont stop you for not paying your fine, you won’t have any issue. I really advise you to not pay the fine and let it slide.

French people are absolutely fed up with this bullshit and it is common, especially in Brittany to find automated speed cameras completely torched. We also all use Waze and Coyote, I’m talking 95% of drivers use these.
>>
>>2680794
>your credit card will be charged + tip

Just in case you think this is a joke, they really will charge you the fine then stick a fuck off huge processing fee on top of it.
>>
>>2681375
>It is very common to find automated speed cameras hidden at the bottom of a hill right when the speed limit changes from 90 to 50kmh, like 5m after the sign boom.
Yep that's how they got me the second and third time, no idea why they reduce the speed limit in 40km/hr intervals
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
And to think this is the same country that allows hitting other cars if it makes parallel parking easier.
>>
>>2680675
France is a fascist shithole, it has both the autoritarism of dictatorship and zero security.
Worst regime in Europe.
>>
>>2681379
Couldn't you just call up the bank and say "don't pay these charges"
>>
>>2683276
Sure you can, the rental company will then show them the rental agreement you signed that makes you liable for these charges.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.