[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Irish+and+US+Passport.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Just got my Irish Passport(thru grandparents), should I use this to travel with instead of my American passport?
>>
>>2682406
If you want to go to Iran or Cuba, yes
>>
Are they stupid or something?
>>
>>2682406
I've got a UK one and it's nice to have, but not a big deal in most cases.

Just remember it's illegal to enter the US without using your US passport, even if you're a dual national.

>>2682407
>Cuba
Nope, same restrictions apply no matter which passport you use, even if you're not travelling from/to/through the US and you do everything on your non-US passport, it's still illegal without declaring your purpose for your visit with the US government.
>>
>>2682409
>Just remember it's illegal to enter the US without using your US passport, even if you're a dual national.
this is a stupid law but I guess I get it.
>Nope, same restrictions apply no matter which passport you use, even if you're not travelling from/to/through the US and you do everything on your non-US passport, it's still illegal without declaring your purpose for your visit with the US government.
and this is just fucked up. That's like North Korea-tier shit. USA is supposed to be the land of the free but it's illegal for me to leave the country if I'm going someplace they don't like?
>>
>>2682408
I don't think the US is part of the UK any more, they had some minor disagreements.
>>2682429
Speaking of North Korea, your government bans you from going there, very free indeed.
>>
>>2682429
I mean, you just need to declare your purpose of visiting cuba, most people just say the generic "supporting the cuban people" excuse and provide "support" by purchasing souvenirs/cigars/etc while visiting cuba.

https://cu.usembassy.gov/services/traveling-to-cuba/
> The 12 categories of authorized travel to Cuba are:
> random shit
> more random shit
> support for the Cuban people;
> other random shit

But yea, the US department of state rules apply irrespective of the passport you're using as it applies to US citizens, not simply people travelling on a US passport, so using a 2nd passport doesn't negate you being a US citizen, and thus subject to the requirement to declare your visit/intentions.
>>
>>2682408
The UK? Yea
>>
>>2682429
>this is a stupid law but I guess I get it.
Ireland is one of the few countries that allows Dual Irish nationals to travel to/from/through Ireland without their Irish passport. I know with my UK passport I have to use it when entering the UK.

Though you would need to get a stamp on your non-irish passport if you wanted to use it for entering Ireland without your irish passport, and to get that stamp you need to prove irish citizenship (usually with a current/expired passport).

tldr; it's a niche thing and Ireland is one of the few first world nations I'm aware of that allows it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.