[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have about five days in the Outback. Flying into Yulara and out of Alice Springs and I'll have a rental vehicle. What should I make a point of seeing?
>>
>>2686494
Abo knife gangs
>>
Bump
>>
There is sand for you to look at, and rocks.
And that really big rock you have shown in the picture.
But not much else.
>>
>>2686494
We got Ayers rock mate, big huge rock
>>
>>2687270

Where can I get a cold beer and a sturdy meal?
>>
Outback BBQ bar.

Be warned the whole area is a Disney landesque set up as all the hotels/restaurants are owned by the same conglomerate so nothing truly authentic.

Kata Tjuta is also worth a visit.
>>
Stay the fuck out of Alice Springs right now, read up on it. I hope you don't like drinking alcohol because it will cost you an arm and a leg there also be prepared to lose anything nice.

Uluru would be nice af though, haven't been myself although I not really a country affiliated Australian
>>
Ayers rock is the biggest tourist trap on earth. It's a rock surrounded by endless sand and shitty desert. The outback sucks. Nobody lives there for a good reason.
>>
>>2687800
>>2687789

We'll have a vehicle, so driving a few hours out won't be a problem. Anything of note a few hours outside of Yulara or Alice Springs?
>>
>>2687322I
>sturdy meal
owl give yer mah a sturdy shaggin
>>
>>2687789
I went through Alice Springs in January 2023. It was a bit of a dump.

If you're headed down to Uluru, there's a King's Canyon National Park along the way. I thought it looked cool.
>>
>>2687789
>Alice Springs was ranked the 18th most dangerous city in the world in the mid-2024 Crime Index by City, published by the crowdsourced data website Numbeo.
>Numbeo gave Alice Springs a crime rating of 72.1 in the mid-2024 list - equal to the Mexican city of Tijuana, which currently has a murder rate of 91.7 people per 100,000. Ranked only slightly worse was Cape Town, with a crime rate of 73.8
what the fuck
>>
>>2689205

That just doesn't seem possible. Especially since it's a tourist jumping off point.
>>
>>2689205
All the abbos do is get high steal shit and fight with each other.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.