[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hi guys,
i'm going on an exchange next year. I will be staying in Michigan (Detroit area) mostly but i will have a lot of free time to travel around the entire continent.
How is life there ? As in everyday life ?
I heard a lot of bad things about the Detroit area unfortunately, notably lots of black on white crimes. Should i take extra precautions ?
Also how is dating in the US in general ?
Any recommendations of beautiful places to visit in Michigan (or the US in general ?)
I am a 22 years old french, white male if that helps. My english is fine but i can have trouble understanding thick accents (think scottish,
welsh accents for example).
>>
>>2690245
Visit Brasil, is safer than the US and you don't support a country that destroys other countries for fun
>>
File: 1697489768500.webm (1.48 MB, 1024x1024)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB WEBM
>Visit Brasil, is safer than the US and you don't support a country that destroys other countries for fun
>>
>>2690245
I travel for work and have lived all over America, including Detroit. Detroit is insane. The good news is the food and the public transportation are top notch, the bad news is they make every gun and crime sterotype look real. A rule of thumb is the better the murals get the less you should be in that area at night.

I actually loved living there. The people have this sense of pride with both detroit and Michigan nd it really carriers through.

As far as places to travel in Michigan Holland Michigan is a must. They have a MASSIVE tulip festival, great food at Hops at 84 East and New Holland brewing co, and amazing breweries. Make sure to visit cherry republic, they have like 80 different foods made with cherries and free samples of everything and they will never stop you. You could eat POUNDS of chocolate covered cherries there, and should. I enjoyed the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park on the way to Holland Michigan, it is a 3ish hour drive so the stop is nice. In and around Detroit people reccomended Belle isle conservatorium and aquarium and
Detroit zoo, and to check out downtown royal oak after, and try to do brew at the zoo adults only zoo nights.
>>
>>2690245
>>2690450
For food Dearborne has more middle eastern food than maybe anywhere in America. My favorites were Masri sweets- get the Borma for a super unique texture and incredible taste, and Sheeba Yemeni food- get the lamb haneeth and the $1 giant tandoor bread.

You should try a hood spot out for food to really live the culture, my favorite was Manhattan Fish and Chicken. Get the honey garlic wings and lemon pepper pickerel, and get lemon pepper on the fries. If you want to stay safe just do a pick up order, or when you park ask the nearest crackhead if he wants your fries. This maybe saved my life one time at the Mack Ave location, one of the frequent crackheads told me when I parked "ay man today BE CAREFUL" and motioned his head towards a group of guys outside the shop and I got back in my car and left before I found out why.

I also loved Troja Albanian Cuisine in sterling heights, get the Chepapis in the white sauce and get a grilled banana pepper with it. The shops run by a lovely family and I actually really miss them and their food.

Detroit pizza is it's own style, you'll find it forsale at gas stations liquor stores ect. The OG spot buddies has gone down hill, people reccomend Clover Leaf since the origional creator of detroit style pizza opened that shop after buddies and it apparently holds up. Personally I think Detroit style is best as a fast on the go disgusting mess, and reccomend Papa Romanos chain version of it.

Don't get any mexican food in Detroit it's all bad.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.