[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: A_black_image.jpg (214 KB, 1600x1200)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
If you snore please don't stay at a fucking hostel holy shit why is there always one of you in EVERY FUCKING DORM? Some fat cunt who stays in bed all day or something chronic smoker or alcoholic. Is there anything more obnoxious? And your manners in general are always cooked. Eating in the room or answering your fucking phone at 2am or leaving your notification sound on HOLY SHIT! I can never fucking sleep at these places holy shit and earplugs don't work because you cunts are so FUCKING LOUD JESUS CHRIST I'M GOING TO PERMANENTLY DEAFEN MYSELF JUST FOR A LITTLE PEACE AND QUIET
>>
>>2699715
If you're a light sleeper you shouldn't be going to hostels. Get a hotel room instead.
>>
File: p669-uf1.jpg (337 KB, 1551x1162)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
Sorry bro, I am on the waitlist for a tonsillectomy, but it's a very long list. Once I have my tonsils out, the snoring should clear up.
>>
As far as practical solutions, stop fuming. Irregular loud snoring is one of the most infuriating noises in existence, but you'll never have a chance at sleep if you lay in the dark seething. Try playing FM radio static, YouTube rain noise, or whatever the fuck sounds relaxing in your earbuds, then wrap a blanket around your head. If you're tired enough, you will fall asleep. If you aren't, you'll simply zone out and wait out the snorelax. Use this as a learning experience. Any Real Traveler™ will endure many nights of shitty rest...maybe the bowels are churning painfully after a round of street market gluttony, maybe the A/C is rattling and ineffective, maybe the bed's hardness makes a motel carpet seem cushy, maybe the motorbikes won't quit ripping their throttles even past 3 AM, maybe a group of whores and their customers will loiter around in the hallway drinking and cracking ribald jokes at 4:30 AM. If you can't take it, learn to avoid it in the future.
>>
In most cities, if you travel in a group of 4, you can get a hotel room or Airbnb for the same price you would pay for the 4 of you to stay in hostel. Travel in a group.
>>
>>2699715
>earplugs don't work
yes they do. you are just an irritable autist
>>
I am looking for places to travel alone for the first time and the hostel prices are very tempting but I am afraid that I will hate having to sleep with seven random strangers who may be loud, stinky, etc.
>>
Based fatties tormenting poorfags
>>
>>2700734
I'm not fat, I just have large tonsils like this guy: >>2699926
>>
>>2699715
>And your manners in general are always cooked.
you have to be over 18 to post here
grow up and a get a job so you don't have to stay at hostels you pathetic, broke retard
>>
>>2699715

>goes to hostels because cheap.
>knows I snore loudly, don´t care, not my problem faggot.
>some pajeet in the room that doesn´t know how to use earplugs in the room.
>hear him crying in the night from being rejected by the girls in the hostel
>hear him typing away on his phone in the night intensely
>see him pack up and leave the next day mumbling "ill find some other cunt dorm"
>see this post 2 days later, it seems its just pajeet behaviour.
>>
Not only do I snore at night, I also brap. Fat nasty wet braps. Sometimes an oopsie woopsie happens and my stinky brap turns into a rancid poopie. Uh oh...
>>
>>2699715
>don't stay at a fucking hostel
This is basically the only thing that you needed to write here. If you can't afford a hotel room or Airbnb then you shouldn' be allowed to travel.
>>
For me it's eating high fibre meals and unloading my entire colon into 7 or more peoples unsuspecting noses
>>
>>2703899
I can afford to travel for X time but hostels allow me to travel for 2X time. No brainer
>>
>>2703899
>Giving your money to hotel Levi Rosenblatt
Lmao no
>>
Most of you don't even get along with your family. I don't get why any of you would willingly stay in an accommodation where you share a bedroom with people you know absolutely nothing about.
>>
>>2704125
Nothing ruins a hostel vibe more effectively than broke bed rotters who bunk up for the sole reason of saving money. They always have such downer personalities.
>>2704135
Hostels are much more Jewish in their exploitation of travelers. Charge eight people half the price of a room to sleep together in the same room, make four times the money. The worst are those places which use chinsy freestanding bunk beds, every time the top bunker moves around the bottom bunker is shaken awake.
>>2704746
LMAO, "stranger danger" is bullshit. It's people who you think are your friends or are worthy of your trust who are 10x more likely to take advantage of you.
>>
>>2705105
The sole reason ANYBODY chooses to stay at a hostel is to save money. Why wouldn't you pick a private room if you could for the same price?
>>
File: 1697395422188116.jpg (82 KB, 638x631)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>2699715
>younger brother snores
>lived in the same room for 25 years
>don't feel the slightest disturbance from other people snoring anymore
lmao get a hotel room or something, plebs
>>
>>2699715
Get earplugs if it bothers you faggot.
>>
>>2705238
it worked the opposite for me, now it triggers actual ptsd for me to even hear a quiet snore or someone else breathing when i sleep. i have never stayed in a hostel and wont even try it because i know it will be a waste of time. the 1 time i went somewhere with a friend sharing a room (no homo) and found out that he snored, i booked another room elsewhere and was out of there within minutes. i am really fine with any other noise other than snoring/breathing when sleeping or trying to sleep though and actually find a bit of noise calming
>>
>>2700038
What happens if there are snorer/s in the group?
>>
>>2704125
People who travel on a budget shouldn't travel period. I always laugh when i see these 20 somethings count their sheckles at every turn. No no.. I can't come to this and that. OP sounds like a man who shouldn't travel period.

As for snoring, my friend is a Doc. Gets asked questions about this a lot. He always tells people to fuck off and lose weight. Snoring is for 99% a weight problem. Even being slightly overweight can cause snoring. If you still snore whilst not being overweight you should go to a doctor.
>>
File: Capsule-Hotels.jpg (120 KB, 750x469)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>2704135
>Giving your money to hotel Levi Rosenblatt
So give it to Hostel Schlomo instead, now climb into your capsule goy.
>>
>>2705335
>As for snoring, my friend is a Doc. Gets asked questions about this a lot. He always tells people to fuck off and lose weight. Snoring is for 99% a weight problem.
lol

just fucking lol.
>>
>>2705212
Well, if I travel solo I'd probably still pick the hostel to hang out with people
>>
>>2705328
If someone in the group snores, they sleep on the couch away from everyone else or they don't come on the trip. I wouldn't travel with a fat person anyway. We do way too much walking and hiking and outdoors shit. They'd never keep up.
>>
Noise cancelling earbuds are your friend. Sleep with music playing and you’ll never hear the snorer
>>
>>2699715
yep
>>
I'm in a pod and I can hear someone 4 pods away snoring right now, I can also hear someone down thr hall trying to put in thr code for thr door and failing over and over beep beep beep beep beep
>>
>>2699720
Over the years my standards went up so much than even most 5 stars hotels are too noisy for me. It seems that there is always someone moving furnitures in a nearby room or doors opening/closing constantly. I always travel with earplugs and because earplugs are bad for your ears I don't travel more than 4 consecutive days anymore.
>>
>>2699715
>sleep in public room with 20 people
>"waaah waaah it's not like my private room!"
>>
>>2699926
just use mouth wash
>>
>>2706838
ear plugs are bad for your ears?
>>
>>2706722
Whenever I’m passing code doors I push buttons and jiggle the door handle just to fuck with people, makes my wife so mad lmao
>>
>>2707628
Yeah, if you are a poorfag and reuse the same pair 20 times, like I do for work. Very irritating to the ear canals.
>>2706838
Luxury amenities have nothing to do with noise, anon. You should select the "sound-proof" filter when booking if you want peak quietness in your rooms. Low-occupancy hotels in small cities where nobody is active between 11 PM and 7 AM also tend to be very quiet.
>>
File: poorretard.png (538 KB, 1201x676)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>2708555
>reuse the same pair 20 times
earplugs cost literal pennies this is the first result on amazon in leaf bucks
i guarantee u could find some massive bulk supply from china for even cheaper
>>
i snore and have sleep apnea so you will not just hear me snore, but you will also hear me choking in my sleep
>>
>>2708657
>>2707628
Earplugs push the wax deep inside your ear canals, even if you wash your ears everyday there are always some wax that you can't access. If you use earplugs everyday it can accumulate and cause complications.
>>
>>2708861
faggot detected. why don't you just take the ear wax out then, it's not a surgical procedure
>>
>>2708861
I can't wash my ears I have holes in my eardrums

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.