[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

;_;
>>
Does Peruvian food mog the rest of LatAm cuisine?
>>
>>2704583
my experience with food here in Cusco was bad though. ironically enough, I can find better and cheaper peruvian food in my country (chile) than here.
no idea about Lima, but people told me that that's where the real good food is.
>>
>>2704583
This >>2704585
Cusco food is not great, and most of the most known restaurants there are overpriced tourist traps that makes you feel stuff is not legit. Unless you get to known locals.
Lima has better cuisine. And Arequipa is where you want to be if you want a better version of Cusco cuisine. You can say Cusco traditional cuisine is a lame version of Arequipas
>>
>>2704609
That's too bad about the food, maybe it is only great when compared to arepas, buñuelos and other Colombian "cuisine", kek. The white backpackers I met in Colombia all raved about Peruvian food.
What do you find so appealing about Cusco? The architecture? It's got a helluva look, that's for sure. The climate is also extremely invigorating this time of year, with plentiful sunshine and freezing mornings. Wikipedia says 63% of the population is Quechan. How often do you get solicited or approached in the street there?
>>
>>2704725
Colombian cuisine isn't even that bad. I love a solid bandeja paisa. At least it's not singaporean "food"
>>
>>2704725
Not OP by the way, but their museums are pretty cool, and also the history and the architecture. You also can hear Quechua spoken as if it were Spanish in New York.
>How often do you get solicited or approached in the street there?
Not much, but it could be because I'm south American.
>>
>>2704725
>How often do you get solicited or approached in the street there?
OP here. you do get approached. I look like a gringo and people asked me for money or offered me shit both in the city and in small towns, even when touring. you can simply ignore them so it's not really a problem. I was even offered drugs right there in the plaza de armas
beware though: locals tell you to take pics with their alpacas and then will tell you to pay for the pic after the fact lmao
Cusco in general seemed VERY safe. I had a few issues and the people were very friendly and helpful. of course make sure to take care of your stuff but other than that, don't worry much.
>>
I should have stayed in Cusco. I met a cute argentinian girl and I can't forget her pretty face... I should have talked to her.
meanwhile, I'm in my shithole of a house, and I'm a complete mess. lonely, depressed, tired of this bs...
thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>2704726
If you're willing to pay, you can eat very well in Colombia. A 23000 COP pork chop I ordered in San Agustin was the biggest, tenderest and most flavorful grilled pork chop I ever ate...but the sides were awful.
>>
>>2705689

you should go back and live in lima or arequipa. but stay away from teh ceviche unless you want brain worms.
>>
>>2704582
same
>>
>>2704582
pic unrelated?
>>
>>2706521
pic related, it's similar to my city
>>
>>2704726
beans and plaintains. it's good
>>
>>2704583
It depends what type of food we are talking about, sea food, especially ceviche definitely yes, meats and vegetables are debatable.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.