[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

my job gives me a week of holiday from december 24th to January 1st, thoughts on spending that in Japan?
>>
>>2707216
That's only one week, so depends on how long the flight is. You don't want to have two days that are entirely traveling if you only have 7 days
>>
>>2707216
spending Christmas traveling by air is retarded. That is time you should spend with your family/wife/girlfriend
>>
>>2707376
If I had people who cared about me I wouldn't be here
>>
>>2707216
where are you flying from? a week isn't that much to really enjoy and explore japan.
>>
>>2707381
alabama
>>
>>2707382
Depend on your travel time. To and Back could set you back 3days or more.
So you'll be left with 4days, and also depending on the time you reach Japan, you could only be left with 3 days.
>>
>>2707473
And there's the jetlag
>>
>>2707380
What did you do that caused nobody to care about you? You do understand that you must make an effort to cultivate relationships with people, right? Friendships aren’t just one-way relationships. Same with family.
>>
Not worth crossing the pacific with only a week IMO
>>
>>2707216
Japan is a 3rd world shithole now
America is 100 times better
>>
A week may not be enough for Japan if If you're in Alabama, because it's an 18 hour flight each way. You'd lose 2 days just flying, not to mention the jet lag. I'd maybe do something in the Caribbean. That's the best time of year for their weather.
>>
>>2707646
Switch those 2 around buddy
>>
>>2707676
Japan and the Dominican Republic are polar opposites.
>>2707216
Your vacation days are gay and worthless. Every other normie is trying to go someplace in that time period. Flights and lodging are jacked up, if you can even get them. Airports will be disgustingly crowded. Even intercity travel around the New Year can be absurdly stressful and frustrating in many countries. I learned my lesson well last year in Thailand, when I walked five miles to the bus station to grab the last seat available on any bus to Bangkok for the entire week. Freakishly lucky I was. Traffic along the way was horrible, a trip that took 6 hours on the local train took 12 hours on the bus. No way in hell am I traveling around the New Year under any condition.
>>
>>2707477
Begging people to like you and be your friend is stupid and a waste of time.
I haven't spend Christmas with my family since 2017. My life, my choice.
>>
>>2707216
>Japan
>one week
shiggy
>>
>>2707216
In Japan, December 29th to January 3rd is a de facto holiday, during which many companies and stores are closed. Also, many public transport services will be overcrowded.
We recommend that you spend the first half of your holiday sightseeing and the second half relaxing at a hot spring inn. If you don't travel, Tokyo will be very quiet on January 1st.
>>
>>2707768
well then stop complaining you miserable piece of shit
>>
Do Hawaii. It will be comfier, you'll eat and see Japanese shit anyway, and have fun safely in America.
>>
>>2707216
It's ok if you pick one city and stay there. More time is always nice. Check closing dates for the new year.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.