[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have a weird layover, 1am to 11:45am on a Monday morning.

Anything that can be done between 1am - 9am in Dublin on a Monday?
>>
a tent city of illegal immigrant african men larping as asylum seekers
>>
>>2708966
on second thought it seems safer to just sleep in airport
>>
>>2708543
I’ve had to take a flight at 5am on a Monday.
The last store in Dublin airport closed at like 9pm. There is a circle k outside the airport you have to walk a bit but it’s open 24/7.
There is a McDonald’s but think they close at a certain time, besides their offering and facilities were extremely limited.
You’ll have plenty of time. Go through customs give them your luggage again (if you have to do any of this). Make sure you got your tickets and ID and literally walk outside you have time and everything is closed but you can go see a bit of Dublin.
Sleeping at the airport is not nice man.
>>
>>2708543
The shuttle to downtown takes close to an hour one way, and I don't know what exactly is open at three in the morning. I didn't find the Irish to be degenerates like the stereotype they have been adorned. Maybe because it's fairly expensive. So they're forced to focus on being healthy and work.
>>
>>2708543
I've never been to Ireland but if I were in Dublin I'd go and look for an open pub where I can buy a pint of guinness on tap.
>>
>>2710063
>You’ll have plenty of time. Go through customs give them your luggage again (if you have to do any of this).
NTA but will the airport even accept people that far in advance? i know it varies by airport/country, but i'd be amazed if they were accepting bags 10 hours before departure.
>>
>>2710316
Considering he’s having a layover, meaning he’s arriving at the airport by plane I have to assume that he doesn’t have to go check in and his luggage has to either go through customs if he’s arriving outside eu or traveling to USA and that he has to do all that shit as soon as he leaves his original plane.
If he was arriving from the street then yes you’re right they wouldn’t let you in through security. They didn’t let me in till it was 2am or 3 am. I was thinking there would be something open in there but not really. I don’t know about checking luggage in because i never do that anymore.
>>
>>2710316
They probably won't, despite them having the exact same airlines flying to the exact same cities at the exact same time every fucking day. The best I had internationally, was in the Philippines. They let me go through check-in and security 4 hours in advance, while funnily enough, domestic flights went let through 6 hours in advance. Spain, and every other "organized" country would deny me if I was a few hours before my flight, and then obviously, almost every flight I made it to the gate with maybe 30 minutes to spare. LAX on the otherhand, the most busy airport in the world, let me through at 10 in the morning with a flight time at midnight. What's that jackass, you want to sit in the airport with overpriced food for 14 hours. Ok. Have fun I guess.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.